Tell me about dining, *** I don't understand!

CrAzY4DL

Mommy, you magic-ed my heart!
In the stages of planning our first cruise EVER and I don't really understand about the dining. I understand there is a dining rotation for dinner where you hit a different restaurant each night but with your same wait staff, but what happens for lunch? And breakfast? Is every meal a sit down meal? Buffets? I am so confused!! LOL Thanks in advance for any and all help!

You are right about dinner. You'll be assigned a rotation which will take you through the 3 different restaurants with your serving team and table mates during your cruise.

For breakfast and lunch, you will have several options. One of the "dinner restaurants" will be open. Always a table service breakfast and usually a table service lunch (sometimes a theme buffet). Topsiders/Beach Blanket serves breakfast and lunch buffet style. There are also counter service options on Deck 9 by the pools, and room service. The restaurant schedule will be posted each day in the Navigator.

We were most recently on the Wonder, the lunch schedule on the Magic may be slightly different. Perhaps, someone else will share their experience.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise!

For Breakfast you can go to the buffet, or to a sit down restaurant or order room service! Each choice is included and is no extra charge (except a tip for the person who brings room service). You could also reserve a brunch at Palo's which is an additional fee, but worth it. For lunch the same thing, chooce the brunch, the sit down restaurant, room service or food by the pool (hamburgers, hot dogs, sandwiches, pizza, etc... For dinner you can go to your assigned rotation or pick the buffet or room service. You can also reserve a dinner at Palo's for an additional fee. We always go to our assigned dinner cause my kids love the "fancy" meals and really get attached to our servers. They practically cry when it is time to say goodbye to them. Hope this helps.

For Breakfast you can go to the buffet, or to a sit down restaurant or order room service! Each choice is included and is no extra charge (except a tip for the person who brings room service). You could also reserve a brunch at Palo's which is an additional fee, but worth it. For lunch the same thing, chooce the brunch, the sit down restaurant, room service or food by the pool (hamburgers, hot dogs, sandwiches, pizza, etc... For dinner you can go to your assigned rotation or pick the buffet or room service. You can also reserve a dinner at Palo's for an additional fee. We always go to our assigned dinner cause my kids love the "fancy" meals and really get attached to our servers. They practically cry when it is time to say goodbye to them. Hope this helps.

You can't order room service HOT breakfast. You can get:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Juices (orange, apple, grapefruit); Breads & Pastries (danish pasteries, fruit & bran muffins, croissants, doughnuts, toast, whole wheat toast, english muffins, bagel), Condiments (selection of jams and honey, butter, margarine); Cold Cereals (served with whole or skim milk; corn flakes, raisin bran, rice krispies, froot loops, KOs, frosted flakes, low-fat granola); Beverages (whole mild, skim milk, chocolate milk, 100% columbian coffee, decaf coffee, selection of teas).
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Can you go at any time during the "open" time to the sit down resturant for lunch and breakfast?

Dinners at Topsiders or Beach Blanket are not buffets

Thanks so much!! I am feeling very overwhelmed and incredibly out of my element!!!

I felt very out of my element as we began planning and once on the ship and enjoying the cruise I couldn't leave without booking the next one!!!!!!!!

You've come to the right place to get you where you will be all nice and comfy by the time you leave and you will know how a ton of stuff works so you can really enjoy your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter