Tell me about CBR in Oct..

parmtoo

DIS Veteran
We are planning a trip in Oct, havent been at that time of year in many years...how is it crowd wise? Also, we voted to stay at CBR, never stayed there before...thoughts?

I like October as it is just starting to get "less hot" than the summer. If you are lucky it might even have a cool breeze at night. The crowds are not too bad.

My favorite time is early or late January

We have been in October before. It is still warm, but not the miserable hot that it gets in the summer...it is still warm enough to swim, and the food and wine festival is going on. Epcot is very busy on the weekends, but the crowds in the other parks have never been too bad.

We love Carribean Beach. The kids love the pool, and the sandy beaches are fun - the kids meals come with a sand bucket and shovel. You can lay in a hammock on the beach and see the illiminations fireworks right outside your room.

We feel that the extra for a prefered room location is worth it if you will be eating there much....

Thank you for the info! We are all super excited about staying somewhere we've never been. Anything we should know before we book? Not sure if we should request a building. We are a family of 7, so we'll have 2 rooms. There will be a 3 year old in each room.;)

We stayed at CBR in September into October of '09 and we had connecting rooms with my parents (we had a corner king room and they had the standard 2 full bed setup). My brother and his family joined us a few days later and they were assigned the room on the other side of my parents! We really liked this resort (my DW especially). My son was a year and a half old and loved the splash area at the main pool. We were in the Jamaica section which is a nice walk across a bridge to Old Port Royale for the food court, gift shop, main pool, marina, etc. CBR is a beautiful resort and October is a great time to go weather and crowd wise. Enjoy!

We stayed at the CBR in October of 2010. The weather was perfect - nine days, no rain. We were able to use the pool every day. The main pool is awesome - my girls (ages 12 and 7) loved the pool. They liked the slides - said the ones at CSR were better but liked the pool at CBR better. The main pool was never super crowded, and it was open 24 hours. (Slides close when the lifeguards go off duty.) It was in the upper 80's every day.

We stayed in Martinique building 22. I agree with the poster that said request preferred if you are going to eat there a lot. The food court is excellent with lots of choices.

We enjoyed our stay at the CBR a lot!

We stayed at CBR this past October, and it was reallllly hot while we were there. I did enjoy using the pool since it was so hot.

The crowds were larger than what we had expected too.

We had a great time though!!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter