Tell me about Candlelight Processional

gracie1

DIS Veteran
I am looking at doing a solo trip in December and can't decide if the Candlelight Processional is something that I should do. I watched the video of it on wdwinfo and it just didn't stand out as a must do. I know that if I plan on doing it, then the best way to do it is with the dining package. Can you give me your opinions and thoughts on it??
Thanks!

The Candlelight Processional is a must do if you enjoy choir music, orchestras, christmas music and the telling of the Christmas Story. I personally like the show and try to see it once when we are down there around Christmas. Its truly exemplifies the spirit of the season. My mom likes the show but could skip it. My Dad is obsessed and goes to Epcot everynight to watch it. Some people like it some not so much. On a weekend it easiest to get a dinner package so you don't have to wait in line. If you go in early December on a weekday, with a less popular narrator the standby line isn't any where near as bad as weekend shows/popular narrators. I'd check it out if I were you even if you just listened from outside the theater and see if its something you want to check out in the future.

Here's a link to some nice reviews. We were planning on standing in line for 2+ hours in early Dec 2011...but it was NPH, so the fans started lining up at noon!

http://land.allears.net/reviewpost/showproduct.php?product=224

So, this Dec trip, I will sign up for a lunch package the day they become available. Not sure how my 3yo will do with the event, but he loves music/singing, so thinking he will be OK. Money down, that it will be my music loving, choir singing, active church going inlaws favorite part (and probably one of mine too).

My sister and I went last November when Whoopi Goldberg was the narrator. We did the dinner reservation plan and still ended up waiting in line for an hour or so. It was awesome and I loved it. I'm so glad I went. But as much as I loved it, I'm not sure I'd do it again because of the long wait even with the dinner reservation and secure seating.

I loved it and would do it again. A lot depends on if it's a narrator you like.

Thanks! Do they normally put the list of narrators when the christmas parade tickets go on sale as well?

I have it on my list, but just not as a top priority yet.

Thanks everyone. I think I will just wait and decide once I see who the narrator is when I am there.

Thanks everyone. I think I will just wait and decide once I see who the narrator is when I am there.

That's what we are waiting for we will being to dining package. The last time we were there it was Kurt Cameron. I could kick myself he is one of my favorite people and I didn't make my husband go.

I was wondering some of the same things . . . When do they put up a list of narrators?

Usually not until summer and there can be changes. I think it was late June last year. Some dates stay open for awhile (TBA) until they find someone.

Usually not until summer and there can be changes. I think it was late June last year. Some dates stay open for awhile (TBA) until they find someone.

Thanks so much! We can't make our ADRs until late in June anyway, so it may all work out perfectly. :)

Crossing my fingers for great narrator's this year. The processional is the only reason we are going to battle the Christmas crowd. My DD is singing with her High School Chorus.For those experienced, will we still be able to get the seating adr if we wait till Oct. To call?

Crossing my fingers for great narrator's this year. The processional is the only reason we are going to battle the Christmas crowd. My DD is singing with her High School Chorus.For those experienced, will we still be able to get the seating adr if we wait till Oct. To call?

Your choices may be limited. There is always a 'feeding frenzy' the morning they open the CP ADR bookings. It's just plain crazy. Certain narrators will have much greater appeal than others. Certain restaurants will have more appeal than others.

I love starting my holiday season with CP. I've done it at least once a year for 10 years now!!! I love it. I have seen great narrators...Whoopi was incredible as was NPH. Heather Headly was pretty incredible as well. Others were okay, nothing special. But I love the music, I love the story. So, I buy the pkg. I get into the line about 45 mins or so before hand. Yes, even if you have a pkg you still have to stand in line..sometimes for a lengthy amount of time. But at least you know you'll be getting a seat.

The other thing to keep in mind??? No narrator list is 'etched in stone'...people cancel. Replacements are brought in. It can happen 2 months before hand or a week before. It's never a good idea to count on one particular narrator...not 100%.

Thanks for the info. This is the worst part of planning our trip, waiting. We are hoping to get a performance schedule when the school gets the acceptance letter. They have preformed the last 3 year's and the dates have never been the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter