Tell me about Bugsland

tchrrx

<font color=red>Blame it on the plastic cow I ment
From what I've looked at, it seems like this is an area for the younger kids. DH, DD13, and I will probably walk through, but I don't think we'll do any attractions other than ITTBAB. Am I missing something here?

The rides are more for the younger set but the attention to detail right down to the benches made out of "popscicle sticks" and the light poles made with "pencils" is really something not to miss. You can tell that the Disney Imagineers had a lot of fun with it all right down to the last little detail.

No you are not missing anything, ride wise. I do agree with PP, details are Amazing!

Hemlich's Choo Choo train ~ Skip
Flik's Flyers ~ Skip
Bumper cars ~ Skip
Spinning lady bug ride ~ might be worth a spin if no line, if prone to motion sickness skip
It's tough to be a bug show ~ If you've never seen it before definitely go, it's fun & has surprises!

The rides are for the most part tame. They've got bumper cars that are extremely slow. However, the lines are short, and it does give really young kids something to do before they're ready to graduate to faster rides.

Flik's Flyers is actually something that might appeal to more than just little kids. For some reason they remind me of the long gone Skyway.

It is really something you will want to walk through slow and look at everything, but the rides are really for small children. Neither one of my DDs (10 & 12) were interested in riding anything there our last trip. We still enjoy ITTBAB though.

Lana :)

I love taking my 2 year old to bugs land but for you and your older son I would just say walk through and look at all the details because it is really cool :)

We make it a point to go back there every trip. The details are awesome and its really neat at night too. Despite having 15 and 13 year olds, we make it a point to ride many of the rides each trip. Hemlocks ChooChoo and the Lady Bug spin are must dos for us! It's silly but we enjoy the slower pace and the novelty.

If it rains during your trip, you must play in the puddles and under the leaves :)

As others have said, do walk through and check out the area. I would take the time to do ITTBAB. It is cute, be ready for some surprises. I also love the holding area before you enter the theater.

I love the Chew Chew train, especially when you get watermelon drops on you! They sell a frozen apple juice slushy in Bugs Land that's really refreshing. Run through the splash park if it's warm enough.

The details back here are great. The rides... not so much. Heimlich's train is an amusing ride though.

The fun part of Bugsland is to try each of the rides at least once. We always enjoy Francis Boogie. There is a trick to spin fast by sitting next to the door on both sides and lean the way of the turns. Also there is a four leaf clover to be found in that area. Can you find it? :thumbsup2

I would make sure to walk through it. Once during the day and once at night. I love it during the nighttime, it's totally adorable.

I also think you will probably wanna skip most of the rides (at least I do) but make it a point to ride Heimlich. There are super cute details on it!!

Definitely ride the Heimlichs chew chew train - if you keep your eyes peeled you may see one of Disneylands resident cats sleeping in the garden.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter