Tell me about Beaches and Cream...

Ellajoan

Mouseketeer
We have Beaches and Cream on our tentative itinerary as an ice cream stop one night--Can you get food there too? Is it any good? Do I need to make an ADR if we decide to do dinner there? What's the best ice cream dessert (in your opinion) there? If I am wasting all of those calories, I want it to be GOOD! Thanks!

::MinnieMo

Beaches & Cream... that could be an entire BOOK practically by itself... but, let me see what I can do to help give you information about the place...

B&C is an old fashioned ice cream & soda shop, fairly small (think it's 3 or 4 booths, plus maybe another 3-6 small round tables, plus a lunch counter). They do NOT take ADRs, are very small, & VERY popular (in my opinion, they serve the best burgers on WDW property).

Their burgers are TERRIFIC, their milkshakes are WONDERFUL, & their chicken soup will cure WHATEVER ails you. B&C is one place that I don't skip, for ANY reason, on a trip to WDW.

I tend to recommend going for an early lunch, instead of for dinner, simply because there's less of a wait. Tend to go right around their opening time (11am) because of the low wait time & by then, I can be VERY hungry :)

For ice cream, the No Way Jose is very good, or if you want the monster, go for the Kitchen Sink. NWJ is big, KS is HUGE, but they're worth every calorie (you can gain 5 lbs LOOKING at them... search & you'll see pictures on here of them both, to judge for yourself).

My vote? Definitely go, Definitely Enjoy, & Definitely take a moment & see if you see Art, the Greeter at the Beach Club (or as my wife & I think of him, the Grand Admiral of the Beach Club). He's a Disney treasure all himself.

Enjoy the Magic!

We love Beaches and Cream. The burgers and chicken sandwiches are great and of course the ice cream are worth the calories. IF you have more than 4 people, don't miss out on the kitchen sink.

Beaches & Cream is great! Burgers are the best! Chili is really good and of course the ice cream. I agree with Mrmagicmph to go for an early lunch. We waited for them to open at 11:00 & had the whole restaurant to ourselves! It was great! This was Beaches & Cream at 11:00 a.m.!

100_09371.jpg

We also took Mrmagicmph's advice & chatted with Art! He is the nicest man!

Here's a pic us with Art!
100_1139.jpg

We found:

Average burgers - better than most Disney counter service, but I've had plenty of much better burgers.
Slow Service - tables set uncleared for ten minutes while people waited to be sat. Once we were seated we waited another ten minutes to have anyone come see if we needed to order.
Long Waits
Dirty Restaurants - it was right before refurb - but a lot of sand gets tracked into this place from the pool.
mid-quality grocery store ice cream (its Dryers/Edy's)
A check at the end that we felt was too much for the quality of the food we had (and I normally don't complain about Disney prices).

Other people love this place - its appeal is beyond me. Fortunately, we were staying at the Boardwalk, so at least it wasn't out of the way.

I like sitting at the counter and talking with the short order cook, she is very nice and has been at WDW a long time. It is one of DH favorite places to contrast all the TS we are doing. We love to do a lot of dining at WDW since we go often and we usually make it here every trip. Quality not the best but good, service- good(it is very busy all the time), value(I think very good), feels like home feeling-excellent!!!!

My husband & I ate there around 2:30 due to we had adr at cape mays for 7:30 that night. It was not crowded at that time, we sat at the bar and I ordered a hotdog & hubby had the roastbeef sandwich. He said his sandwich was very good, well me a hotdog is a hotdog. A neat place to go for a quick bite.

We loved the Fudge Mud Slide:

aac.sized.jpg

My DH and I shared a burger to save room for dessert, but we still couldn't eat all of it. :goodvibes

I love the burgers there, the sandwiches are good too!

But of course, the ice cream is the reason for going ;) I love the No Way Jose. Chocolate and peanut butter...mmmm! :goodvibes

I've always had good service there. It can definitely get crowded at peak times of the day (or month, depends when you're visiting) but if you try a late lunch/early dinner, there shouldn't be too many people.

It is the only place I found on property that offers peanut butter sauce as a topping on ice cream...trust me, I spent 5 months living there SEARCHING for this stuff.

It won me over with that alone, lol.

Personally I have had better ice cream in my life, but not on property! The food is actually pretty good for what they serve, good burgers, good onion rings, just a fun place to eat overall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter