Tell me about a Halloween cruise!

qa4ever

Mouseketeer
So last year we just missed the Halloween decorations, this year we might go on the Fantasy during one of the Halloween weeks. Tell me about it! What types of activities do they have that are different or unique? Do they have a costume night in addition to or instead of pirate night?

So last year we just missed the Halloween decorations, this year we might go on the Fantasy during one of the Halloween weeks. Tell me about it! What types of activities do they have that are different or unique? Do they have a costume night in addition to or instead of pirate night?
Yes there was "Halloween" night in addition to Pirate night. There were lots of Halloween themed activities on that day, as well as some others on different days.

Personally, I could have done without the Halloween theming in September. And I found the "Ghost Host" announcements (of upcoming activities) a little off-putting.

We were on the Wonder last September for the first Halloween cruise of the season. I wrote about it in my trip report. The costume night was in addition to pirate night. Specifically, you might want to look at the Castaway Cay... Again! post of my trip report.

We cruised on the Magic for Halloween. We loved it. A map was left in our stateroom of trick or treat stations along with a bag to trick or treat with. Perhaps 10-12 stations disbursed throughout the ship (I can't remember exact). I believe it was around 4 or 5 pm. The last trick or treat station was at the top deck where there was a dance party.

There was an abundance of candy. The whole thing did not last long. I believe 45 minutes for TOT, and another half hour- 45 minutes for the dance party. We were on Key west that day, so we made sure to be back on the ship by 3 so my kids had enough time to put their costumes on.

The next day all Halloween remnants were gone (window decals, etc.). My kids were very small at the time and LOVED IT!

We love the Holiday cruises, and are doing Thanksgiving this year...

Not this year

This wave of enhancements to the Disney Dream debuts on the October 26 four-night voyage from Port Canaveral, following the ship’s dry dock October 4-24, 2015 in Freeport, Bahamas.

No cruises on the Dream October 4-24
image.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure where the info came from, but the following was posted on my cruise thread (I am sailing on the Sept 7 Dream cruise):

If you're looking at booking a Disney Cruise this fall, we have the schedule for the Halloween on the High Seas and Very MerryTime sailings.

Halloween on the High Seas

Ship First Sail Date Last Sail Date
Magic October 4, 2015 October 28, 2015
Wonder October 1, 2015 October 23, 2015
Dream September 7, 2015 October 30, 2015
Fantasy September 5, 2015 October 31, 2015

Very MerryTime

Ship First Sail Date Last Sail Date
Magic November 11, 2015 December 23, 2015
Wonder November 6, 2015 December 24, 2015
Dream November 9, 2015 December 24, 2015
Fantasy November 14, 2015 December 19, 2015

Meh, the decorations were nice enough, but when we sailed at the beginning of October there were not abundant trick or treat areas and what not. We did have a nice time dressing up and our little guy got lots of love. One of our favortiee quotes was "It's a BAAABY Wreck-it-Ralph!" I would not go out of my way to book a Halloween sailing, but if it is one of the few times I could go, would not hesitate too much (other than the ship seemed very full).

I've sailed on two occasions where there was the "trick or treat" Halloween added to the cruise. The first year on the Dream seemed nicer/better than our experience on the Fantasy.

The Dream - there was no real "trick or treating". A candy bag was left on my sons bed and as you walked around (especially at the entrance to the restaurants), there was hoards of candy for the taking. Carved pumpkins around. They had a "party" that had to be held inside due to rain. Costume contests.

The Fantasy - don't remember much about it except it seemed as though the candy wasn't as abundant as what I remembered about the Dream. Pretty much same thing though.

Perhaps the Dream holds more memory for me as this was our first Disney cruise and we were amazed at everything at that time.

So it's another "dress up/costume" night to add to your agenda. If you're on the shorter cruises, it feels like your cruise is JAM packed with activities. For us, we've decided the 3 and 4 nights aren't enough for us.

Either way, we're going on another one this September and I'm certain it will have a Halloween theme night since it's the 3rd week of Sept. But who knows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter