tell me about 1900 Park Fare Supercalifragilistic Breakfast

MrsJ Henry

DIS Veteran
So how is it? My daughter has been saying that she wants to have breakfast here to see Mary Poppins.. What other characters are there and is it a worth while character meal? We are already doing a few others so this would just be an extra.

So how is it? My daughter has been saying that she wants to have breakfast here to see Mary Poppins.. What other characters are there and is it a worth while character meal? We are already doing a few others so this would just be an extra.

We've eaten at a number of Character breakfast during our stays at WDW and here's how I would rate them all:

1) Chef Mickey's - Contemporary
2) Silver Palace - MK (our favorite)
3) Garden Grill - EPCOT (Actually have only eaten here for dinner, but very good)
4) Ohana's - Polynesian
5) Cape May - Beach Club
6) Cinderella's Royal Table - MK
7) 1900 Park Fare - Grand Floridian

1900 Park Fare's atmosphere is terrible, hectic, interior room, and too many tables cammed in. The food was okay, but by far our worst Character breakfast experience.

We enjoy it. The Mad Hatter is hilarious every time we go. The breakfast buffet has a few choices I haven't seen anywhere else.

We really enjoyed our character breakfast there. The food was really good, the characters were great!!

Its one of my every trip meals, the food is normal buffet type food but many choices, I never go away hungry. The character interaction is very good esp the Mad Hatter :thumbsup2

Atmosphere is terrible, the place looks run down. The food is decent (certainly way better than dinner), but nothing wow'd me. I didnt care for any of the characters, although mad hatter was my fave. If Mary Poppins is the only reason for going to 1900, then i'd just skip it and head over to the UK pavilion at epcot to see her. Ask for the character schedule at guest relations.

This breakfast is a must-do for our family. The Mad Hatter is awesome, Tigger is playful, and our Mary Poppins last trip was so thoughtful and considerate! (We have a quadriplegic in our family and she was so wonderful with him!) Everyone loves the food as well, even those of us who aren't so into the characters! The omelets, cheesy potatoes, eggs benedict...I could go on. We were last there in October when they had the strawberry soup - which I have recently read is gone, but if it comes back..watch out! Yum!

oh no... we are also going there for dinner and were looking forward to trying the strawberry soup......

I thought It was great! The food is normal breakfast buffet food and the characters are great and I love meeting the Mad Hatter!!!:)

:mic:My family has been having breakfast at this location for many years. Although the level of the quality of the food is not what it once was it is still a must do for us! My first Disney film was Mary Poppins (yes you can wait in line in EPCOT at the UK to see her) it is much more enjoyable to meet with her at this venue. We have reservations at this restaurant a week from Monday.

It seems that many people have VERY HIGH expectations about this restaurant because it is located at the Grand Floridian resort. If your expectations are that the experience should be the same as Victoria & Alberts' then you should lower your sights a little...its a Character Breakfast... not a 5 star dining experience.

IMHO...

we eat at 1900 PF every trip for breakfast or dinner. Doing breakfast again in September and can't wait!!! Hope they still have the soup

Our Ratings of 1900 Park Fare (bfast / dinner): (rev 5/6/2013)
. . . food price value: C / C
. . . food quality: B / D
. . . food quantity per serving: A / A
. . . food prep speed: A / A
. . . food selection: B / C
. . . seating quantity: B / B
. . . seating comfort: B / B
. . . eatery atmosphere: B / B
. . . eatery convenience: C / C
. . . staff friendliness: C / C
. . . staff attentiveness: B / D
. . . character interaction: B / B

NOTE: The breakfast is actually pretty good among WDW character
buffets, which are known for characters and not known for food quality.
It is varied and the quality is well above average. Arguably only second
to Tusker House for character breakfasts. However, try to stay away
from the dinner as the quality is below average and easily termed
mediocre.
It is good to mention that character interaction is quite
good at both meals, and Grand Floridian surroundings are well above
places like Chef Mickey's.

DW and I had breakfast there 4 years ago, and it was terrific. The buffet is the standard stuff. We found the character interaction to be quite good. We are going there again in September along with our two teens who are fans of Alice and Hatter

The buffet is standard stuff, okay, not great, but about what one would expect. The character interaction was almost too much--LOL. I went there on our Disney wedding/honeymoon. I had had a few too many glasses of wine the night before and was a tad :sick: the next morning for our breakfast there. (Shhh...don't tell anyone...)

Anyhow, the Mad Hatter singled me out and teased me unmercifully. Soon, several characters came and joined the Mad Hatter. I wanted to crawl under the table. Seriously. I ended up begging Pooh for help--which is stupid, because Pooh doesn't really have an overly assertive personality, right? He just always seems so empathetic to me. Anyway, we ended up surrounded by the characters--Pooh, Alice, Eeyore, The Mad Hatter, Mary Poppins... I was practically weeping; I have a third degree hangover, I'm not really the kind of person that enjoys the limelight like that, and the Mad Hatter won't shut up!

My DH never breaks stride, just keeps eating his eggs like nothing is happening. I coulda murderlized him...about that time, some matron from New Jersey shows up at our table and starts screaming at Pooh, et al, for ignoring her table, and accuses *me* of hogging the characters! She proceeds to give me and Pooh a real dressing down!:eek: So I say, "HEY! No yelling at Pooh! You can't yell at Pooh, lady! What's the matter with you?"

She tells me to shut up and stay out of it, "You character hog!" :rotfl2:

To this day our family will tease each other when one of us is angry and say, "Hey, don't yell at POOH!"

I haven't been back, because I'm kinda traumatized. I go to Crystal Palace now.

If you go, just watch out for ladies from New Jersey. :scared1:

I don't like the dining room, it makes me feel claustrophobic. The Mad Hatter is hilarious. They also do a photo, which turned out to be one of our best family pics from our first trip.

I changed my reservation from the Crystal Palace to the 1900 Park Fare for all of the characters we saw. Hope it was a good thing. It may be other's opinions, but, I doubt if Disney lets anything get run down and shabby. I am going to go with high expectations.

We had a FABULOUS time at the 1900 Park Fare breakfast. Both Alice and the Mad Hatter actually sat down and talked with us (adult, 15y/o, 17 y/o) and Alice wrote a little note for a friend of the girls who couldn't go, but who loves Alice. The girls bought her a tea cup and had Alice write her a little note that they stuck into the cup when they wrapped it up.

Mary Poppins was fabulous and Tigger was okay - the girls weren't all that excited about Tigger anyway, so I think Tigger picked up on that. But the food was amazing, the service was perfect. I'm actually kind of sad we can't fit another visit into our schedule on our next trip because it is probably my second favorite character dining experience ever. (First would be Garden Grill, hands down.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter