Tell me 60 degrees and sunny is beautiful in Florida!

MichiganMomto4

DIS Veteran
We leave in, oh...... 10 hours :banana:

But the weather forecast for our week stinks in my opinon. I want it high 70's not barely 60s :sad1:

As you can imagine, I'm not getting ANY sympathy from family and friends here in the frozen tundra aka Michigan.

Can anyone make me feel better?

Sorry. I would love to make you feel better but we are from the frozen tundras of Minnesota and while 60's in Florida isn't bad in the daytime and sunny---- when the sun goes down so does the temp and it is damp...so it feels a lot colder than our 55 degrees. We ended up buying blankets to wrap up in as we were freezing to death...wear layers so you can take on or off as needed!'

On the up side, you're at Disney... :)

I thought 60's were going to be cool when we went in December, so I didn't pack a single pair of shorts and regretted it all week. 60's and humidity = warmer than you think! And I am even from Texas!

When you're coming from the frozen north then anything over 55 degrees feels wonderful! Enjoy it--you'll be in Disney while the rest of us up north are shivering!

Are they talking high or low 60's?

To be honest....mid to high 60's I think would be great. Though...I don't like heat. I am in MN and would :love: to go while it was in the mid-high 60's!!!!

Maybe........you will get a big snowstorm back home while you are at WDW. That should make you feel a lot better that you are in sunny FL :sunny: !

It's going to be damp today and tomorrow. The weekend should be in the 60's. Saturday night is forecasted to go down to 38.

I have to say I will take 60 over 10 degrees and snow anyday. I love the weather this time of year it is very tolerable much better than the 90's in the summer. It will be sunny all week so that will warm it up alittle bit but it will be a great trip I guarantee you. Just bring warmer clothes and jackets for at night. It will be on the nippy side close to 40 degrees.

No sympathy here (not quite as severe as Michigan, but Nebraska's not having a picnic today!:eek: ) I know 70's would be really nice, but we're just not going to be that picky.

Right now, it's 24 degrees, snowing heavy & the wind is gusting to 50 MPH -- almost completely white-out conditions. The television is running one cancellation/closing after another; traffic on the interstate is moving at about 20 mph. It started the day at about 36 degrees, so the streets were wet right before the wind picked up & the temperature dropped...now there's a layer of pure ice under the snow (so even if you can see the road - good luck staying on it with the ice!)

So, sunny & 60's sound fantastic to us. Balmy even. We'll be in Florida Sunday-Friday & can't wait for white sand instead of white yard!:woohoo:

We will be there tomorrow. I will gladly take the low 60's than the 12 degree high here on Thursday!! That artic blast is nailing everyone's temps this week for the most part. I will just have to suffer through FL's 60's. ;)

We left MI in 2005. Look at it this way...............your nightly FL lows are going to be 40 degrees warmer than MI and your highs are going to be 50 degrees warmer. Your friends, family, and neighbors would kill for weather like that later this week

The closest thing you will see to a a Michigan landscape will be the snow around Blizzard Beach!

I can make you feel better. Here in your neighboring Ohio (and I assume Mich to) it will be a high of 3 on friday. I will be more than willing to trade forcasts with central fla.

I've always found that half the reason I love to go to Disney in the winter so much is because even a "cold" day in Florida is warm enough to be outside. Even if you have to take a sweatshirt along, you're outdoors! And not freezing! And wait...is that...the sun :sunny: :scared1: So yes, you might not be taking advantage of the pool, but you can at least dip your toes in!

My bf tried to persuade me to go elsewhere in FL for my birthday. Ummm, no. If it's cold in Disney, I have things to entertain me. If it's miserable weather elsewhere, what am I supposed to do? :rolleyes:

Its kind of a bummer, but really sounds good to us. 15 below (minus 30 wind chill) the next 2 nights here. NY's week it was near 80 but even the 50's at night were great. So 60's and sun should be very nice.

Here in NW Indiana we have a blizzard warning/advisory out for this evening into tomorrow. So 60 sounds WONDERFUL!!!!!! I'm definitely tired of winter. Look forward to green grass and know white snow. Who knows, maybe you'll get better weather than they are predicting and maybe we won't have the blizzard and zero degree weather they are predicting later on in the week. Lucky You you're going to Florida! Have Fun!

Lynn

for the most miserable winter weather report, allow me to throw down what I believe to be four aces...

Our forecast HIGHS for the next 3 days will be BELOW ZERO; the overnight low Wednesday night will be -29F!

Nonetheless, here's hoping you can sneak in a couple of 70 degree days down in FL. Enjoy!

Just be glad Disney isn't in NE FL. haha. We are in St. Augustine and the 5 day forecast shows our lows being down to 25. I just want to get on a plane and head to Australia until it warms back up haha

60s and sunny? Oh that'd be fantastic right about now.
Hmmm..Friday's high in Ohio is going to be a whopping 10.

Yeah, I'd take 60s!!

That being said, I'm with you that 70 would be better. LOL!

I have to been to Disney twice with 60's weather. Once in December and once in February. I am from Upstate NY and that time of year here is COLD! It really is a nice time to go. We always wore layers because by mid afternoon we would take off our sweatshirt and have pants and short sleeves. If it is sunny 60 really isn't bad. We even ventured to the pool. You just didn't get out unless you were done. I think you will really enjoy it because it is not as exhausting as the summer heat. My only recommendation is to bring those cheap knit finger gloves and hat/earmuffs for everyone b/c it can be chilly in the evenings and we even brought jackets to wear over our sweatshirts. My philosophy was "I would rather be warmer than colder. You can always take it off." Have fun! I wish I was in Disney now!

The next few days in Detroit/metro area may be a low of 2 degrees!! 60s sounds heavenly.

Enjoy WDW!! Maybe slightly cool temps will keep some locals away and you'll enjoy lower crowds?

Remember layers, jackets, maybe a blanket. One year in Jan or Feb we had one cool day during our trip (mostly morning & evening ) and had to buy an overpriced blanket to bundle Dpreschooler in. We pack winter hats ususually just for travel from parking car in Detroit airport and getting inside. One year at WDW(Jan 2006) we actually need the hats early mornings with near record lows in the 30s!!

Stay positive--you never know how the weather can change in a few days--hope your trip is magical!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter