Teensy bit annoyed now

luvmyguyz

Mouseketeer
I'm not one to complain, but I just need to express my frustration a bit. ;) We are staying at AoA from Nov 8 - 17 with free dining. Because free dining doesn't begin until the 9th, we have a room-only reservation for the 8th, with the package starting on the 9th. I can't tell you how much trouble this has caused, and will likely never do a room-only reservation again!!

I booked my flight on Airtran THROUGH Disney reservations, so you would think they would have the flight info and magical express info set up correctly. But no. I have called on multiple occasions to make sure because every receipt I get from them says "no flight info" for our arrival flight (they do have our return flight info correct.) Every time I call, they tell me they have updated the info and we're all set, but still I get no written confirmation. The annoying thing is we have 2 rooms, so I am on the phone with them for over 30 minutes each time making the changes.

Today I got my Magical Express vouchers, and guess what day they have me coming in? November 9th, and surprise, there is no flight info listed. UGH!!!!! I just called Magical Express to fix this (AGAIN), and their system is down so they can't access my room-only reservation. So now I need to call back later today. :headache:

My question is, if for whatever reason this never gets fixed in their system (I've already fixed it three times, and still it is listed incorrectly, so who knows if me calling today will fix it for real), then what happens when we arrive on the 8th with vouchers that say we are arriving on the 9th? Will they still let us on the shuttle?? :confused:

I'm not one to complain, but I just need to express my frustration a bit. ;) We are staying at AoA from Nov 8 - 17 with free dining. Because free dining doesn't begin until the 9th, we have a room-only reservation for the 8th, with the package starting on the 9th. I can't tell you how much trouble this has caused, and will likely never do a room-only reservation again!!

I booked my flight on Airtran THROUGH Disney reservations, so you would think they would have the flight info and magical express info set up correctly. But no. I have called on multiple occasions to make sure because every receipt I get from them says "no flight info" for our arrival flight (they do have our return flight info correct.) Every time I call, they tell me they have updated the info and we're all set, but still I get no written confirmation. The annoying thing is we have 2 rooms, so I am on the phone with them for over 30 minutes each time making the changes.

Today I got my Magical Express vouchers, and guess what day they have me coming in? November 9th, and surprise, there is no flight info listed. UGH!!!!! I just called Magical Express to fix this (AGAIN), and their system is down so they can't access my room-only reservation. So now I need to call back later today. :headache:

My question is, if for whatever reason this never gets fixed in their system (I've already fixed it three times, and still it is listed incorrectly, so who knows if me calling today will fix it for real), then what happens when we arrive on the 8th with vouchers that say we are arriving on the 9th? Will they still let us on the shuttle?? :confused:

Just bring your confirmation for your room only stay you will be fine.

Denise in MI

Just bring your confirmation for your room only stay you will be fine.

Denise in MI

Completely agree with this. Our last 4 trips our DME stuff has said "no flight info". And everytime we have not had any issues with DME when we arrive. Like dzorn said, just bring your confirmation and everything will be fine. I know it's hard to "let it go", as it was driving me nuts the first time it happened. Now I would think something was wrong if the next time they actually had our flight info on the paperwork.:lmao:

Your good, no worries. This exact thing happened to us in May. Had package booked then decided to come 1 day early for room only. Magical Express will take care of you at airport.

we've had a lot of connecting reservations -- that's your issue, not the room-only reservation. And we've gotten ME info for each one of them.

I usually call ME and make sure they have the correct info for our arrival and departure, but I really don't have to. If you have a reservation, you'll get a bus.

It seems like an important issue but believe me, you're covered. One of the most fluid things about a vacation trip is the transportation. Flight times change, people change plans, with great frequency. It's not imperative for Disney ME to be 100% on top of changing travel data. What's most important is that DME has the capacity to accommodate guests with travel changes. DME has multiple large capacity buses leaving MCO 24/7. You'll get your transport with no worries. The most important factor in all this, is that you have a Disney reservation when you approach the DME counter. :)

We have changed our reservations before and added a day at the front. I never worry about my ME tickets, I just go to the desk there and check in. Remember though to put yellow ribbons on your luggage if you don't have the ones they send you. I have never had a issue.

I wouldn't spend one more minute worrying about it. DME is notorious for sending out documents without flight information that has already been given. Just proceed the the Magical Express counter at the airport and they will take care of you with all the Disney magic they can muster! Enjoy your trip!!!:cool1:

Our's says no flight info received too but I called at they do have us in the system. No worries.

Just to ask, are you sure your flight info is being attached to the correct reservation? The room-only (for the 11/8) and the package (with free dining) are two separate reservations and each should have their own reservation number (all numbers for the room-only and a mix of letters/numbers for the package). Because you ME vouchers say arrival on the 9th, it makes me think they attached your AirTrans info to the package reservation and not the room only.

Just to ask, are you sure your flight info is being attached to the correct reservation? The room-only (for the 11/8) and the package (with free dining) are two separate reservations and each should have their own reservation number (all numbers for the room-only and a mix of letters/numbers for the package). Because you ME vouchers say arrival on the 9th, it makes me think they attached your AirTrans info to the package reservation and not the room only.

I made a point of putting the ME on the room-only, and the confirmation number is all numbers. I also booked the flight as part of the room-only reservation - the cost was included in the room-only bill. If anything, I would think the return flight would be screwed up by this, but nope. Weird, huh?? :rotfl:

Yeah...well good luck when you call them! Hopefully they'll get it right and you'll get your vouchers and yellow luggage tags correctly coded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter