Teens ?!

Beeta

WALT DISNEY IS MY INSPIRATION !
So, may is my first disney cruise and i would really love to know what the teens really actually do on the cruise ? Like i heard about the disco and they sound fun and i would love to go one night but what do i wear is it like high heels and skirts and dresses or coverups and flip flops or is it just like shorts and tank tops ? and i heard about makeing flubber how old do you have to be to do that ?

When you first board (any time the first afternoon) go up and check that your info is correct--name, age, cabin number. This assures that you SHOULD get all announcements. Then the first night there is a session where everyone decides what activities to put in during the cruise.

Everything in The Stack is casual except the "homecoming" dance which is formal. This only happens on the Magic. On the Wonder, everything is casual. During the afternoons, there are various games and crafts and stuff. There is a video scavenger hunt, make your own video, Brains vs. Brawn game, etc. In the evening there is a different dance or party each night. This is on the Magic. There isn't as much on the WOnder because there isn't as much time. There are a couple nights when teens can go to the fitness center (it's adults only other times). There is stuff on the sports deck. There is a list of craft stuff that can be done any time...ask the CM for the supplies. There are computer games and game system games all the time, smoothie parties, etc.

They do some of the younger kid stuff like animation cells during the day, but at night its usually a dance party of some kind. The homecoming isnt that formal, most people changed out of thier formal clothes by then. They also have free smoothies right before late seating dinner.:thumbsup2

So what i'm getting out of that is that its casual just were shirts and tshirts.? :dancer:

The Stack/Aloft is pretty much casual. Except for, as the PP said, Homecoming night (only in The Stack on the Magic), and even then, most people change out of their semi-formal clothes back into shorts/jeans, etc. after the first hour. I've worn everything from shorts and t-shirts and tank tops, to bathing suits and cover-ups, to jeans and sweatshirts, to sundresses. Pretty much anything goes. There isn't a dance party every night, and when their is, heels and cocktail dresses certainly aren't required (or even recommended). So don't sweat it at all. :)

As for activities... I remember making flubber only on one cruise since I've been in the lab. And during that, we went down to the lab at about midnight and did it. It wasn't during the day because you'd then be using up the facilities of the younger kids. Other activities (Gotcha, video scavenger hunt, gender wars, brains v. braun, glow jam, etc...) take place during the day. There's a system (or at least there was on my last sailing... not sure if it's still in place but it was new then) called Torch, where the counsellors let you pick out your own activities to schedule in the navigator. The Stack/Aloft is a blast. Have fun.

The Stack/Aloft is pretty much casual. Except for, as the PP said, Homecoming night (only in The Stack on the Magic), and even then, most people change out of their semi-formal clothes back into shorts/jeans, etc. after the first hour. I've worn everything from shorts and t-shirts and tank tops, to bathing suits and cover-ups, to jeans and sweatshirts, to sundresses. Pretty much anything goes. There isn't a dance party every night, and when their is, heels and cocktail dresses certainly aren't required (or even recommended). So don't sweat it at all. :)

As for activities... I remember making flubber only on one cruise since I've been in the lab. And during that, we went down to the lab at about midnight and did it. It wasn't during the day because you'd then be using up the facilities of the younger kids. Other activities (Gotcha, video scavenger hunt, gender wars, brains v. braun, glow jam, etc...) take place during the day. There's a system (or at least there was on my last sailing... not sure if it's still in place but it was new then) called Torch, where the counsellors let you pick out your own activities to schedule in the navigator. The Stack/Aloft is a blast. Have fun.

They had a meet the first day on the Magic for teens to make the itenerary for the week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter