Teens Only Club & 12 year old

pjbeagle

Mouseketeer
Hello,

Will Disney allow a 12 year old to join the Teens Only Club while on the cruise? My son is not crazy about being with the "little kids".

If you are on the Magic then he will actually be with the preteen 11-13 year olds, it is something new they have recently started. This group is in Ocean Quest on deck 2. If you are on the Wonder than he will be in the Oceaneer's Lab unless he is within a month of turning 13. Enjoy your cruise.

I was wondering the same thing, my dd is 12 and will be 4 months shy of 13.
What about the teen beach...are they strict about the age there? My 15 yr old would love for her sister to join her there. The youngest is more outgoing than the oldest......

Anyone had experience with the teen beach??

As a previous poster mentioned, on the Magic they now have the 11-13 age group in Ocean Quest, so no little kids there. This group did also have scheduled time in the Stack, the Lab and I think they even invaded the Club (I bet even the 11-13 YOs wanted to drive the pirate ship!)

On the Wonder, I believe the Oceaneer's Lab has 2 age groups: 8-9 and 10-12. So he wouldn't be in a group with "little" kids - most the kids would be within a year or two of his age. They schedule age appropriate activities for each group, and the Lab also has a *bunch* of computers, as well as Wii systems, games and other things to keep kids busy who don't want to participate in the current activity.

Amanda

I'm amazed at the number of people on this board who want to put their 12 yo (6th or 7th grader) into the programming with juniors and seniors in high school. :confused3 I had this discussion with a counselor at the Lab (who was in the Stack previously).

I was very happy when my 13 yo wanted to move down to the lab with the 10-12 group. Of course she had a trail of 4 boys following her the entire cruise but they were 12 yo and not 16 yo.

My kids never went to the teen beach and were happy to just lay out in the sun at CC or hang out on the play structure in the water.

DD will be 6 weeks shy of 13 and also wants to hang with the teens.

How come there is nothing on DCL about an 11-13 club? I called last week and they never mentioned it.

I'll be happy if this is the case!

My dd 13 was in OQ this past cruise and absolutely loved it. They have activities on board and at CC. I think honestly 14 is even too young to be in with the older teens. JMO though. My dd has already expressed that if able to do so that she would prefer to stay in OQ next cruise also....just not a whole lot of things in common with 15-17 yo kids.

I will be cruising in April on a 7 night with ds 11. Last time we cruised he was in the Oceaneer Lab. This time he will be in Ocean Quest. My questions is, is the checkin/checkout done differently with Quest because they are older? I know in the Lab each child had a wristband and I added the security of a password. Is it the same in Quest or are they free to come and go with out parental knowledge? I am a little over protective and if he leaves the Quest without me knowing it. It could be hours before we met up again, it is a large ship. I would like to avoid that.

We cruised Jan 24th and my dd turned 12 while cruising. She was in the 11-13 group Ocean Quest Deck 2 and loved it!!!! I was very pleased with all the activities and she met some great kids. I saw kids for the older group and I feel that were much to old for her. We will cruise again next year and this is the club she will be in.

They are free to come and go however you can get a pager and your son has to let the cm know and they will page you when he wants to leave. It is his responsibility to let them know.Being overprotective myself I did get a pager when we boarded but did not use it. I found that they really only left the club to go get ice cream/pizza and she always went with other kids. That was the rules that we gave her. We would stop in and check on her throughout the evening. My dd loved OQ!!!

They have to be 14 to go to the STACKS. They changed it from 13 to 14 on our last cruise, West bound Panama Canal (may 10th,09)And I mean they just changed it, we were the first cruise with the new age limit. My son was 13 at the time and very bummed! But you know what it turned out to be for the better (at least I think). He ended up making some really GREAT friends in his group. We are getting ready for our 3rd cruise in may and yes he's now 14 and trilled to be with the older kids, I am not as thrilled!:scared:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter