• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Teens on Fantasy

Live for the magic

Earning My Ears
We will be sailing May 2017. We will have two teenage girls ages 15 and almost 17. Any suggestions for activities they should not miss? Do they need a chaperone or can they wonder a bit on their own? What is the opinion of other teens about the teen club? They are pretty easy going and love to meet new people. They are however a bit younger minded than kids the same age.

We will be sailing May 2017. We will have two teenage girls ages 15 and almost 17. Any suggestions for activities they should not miss? Do they need a chaperone or can they wonder a bit on their own? What is the opinion of other teens about the teen club? They are pretty easy going and love to meet new people. They are however a bit younger minded than kids the same age.
Our teens are 14 and 15 and do a lot of stuff together without us, as long as they stay together we're not worried.

They thought the teen clubs were fine but prefer hanging out with us most of the time. They're huge fans of all the family activities DCL offers, bingo, trivia, etc.

Our teen was 16 (nearly 17) on last cruise on the Magic (11night). She went to the first few days of the teen club, but didn't get very involved with it -but she didn't complain about it either and thought it was fine. She is an introvert by nature, so just some experience in the teen club was good enough for her. She loved exploring the ship on her own, too. We left her and younger sis (8) on the ship one day while we went on an excursion for about 8 hours, and they loved sleeping in, going to Cabanas and younger sis got dropped off in kids club (which she loved going to).
Overall, my guess is that your teens will love their freedom on the ship, as they can come and go as they please to and from the teen club. As for their freedom otherwise, that is up to you.

I've been on 3 cruises with teens....I saw them at dinner and on our shore excursions. Occasionally I saw them wandering around with a big group and having so much fun! We used the onboard phone things to keep in touch. Never had a problem. They had a blast and had so many other teens to hang out with. They did more activities than I did!

I have teen boys. My older one has enjoyed the teen club, and is sad that he's too old (18) for it now. He would spend a good part of the day and much of the evening there. My younger one was not as enthusiastic about it, but he would go with his brother to participate in some of the games & contests.

I would suggest they go to the ice breaker to get a feel for the club and the teens who will be hanging out there. There is plenty to do on the ship for teens, in addition to the club.

Our teens 14 and 17 were in a similar situation in Jan this year. One loved the club and was very disappointed that this was her last time the other was dragged along by his sister. They didn't spend all their time in the club. They choose what activities they went to. They did both go on the teenage exclusive excursion at Castaway cay and loved it. Even my 14 year old who we had to strongly encourage to go to it loved it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter