Teens interested in Broadway/Theatre

Hi everyone! I am a HUGE Broadway fan and I am interested to find out if any other teens on DisBoards are interested too so I thought it would be nice to start a Broadway/Theatre thread. To start off, here are some questions to answer but feel free to post anything you want about theatre on here!

Broadway shows you have seen:
Favorite Musicals:
Favorite Theatre Actor/Actress:
Shows you have been in (if any):

Here are mine :)

Broadway shows you have seen: I've seen The Sound of Music and Peter Pan on tour and I saw Annie last week :cool1:
Favorite Musicals: West Side Story, Les Miserables, The Sound of Music, Newsies, and Matilda

Favorite Theatre Actor/Actress: Laura Osnes, Kristen Chenoweth, Sierra Boggess, Aaron Tviet, and Ben Fankhauser

Shows you have been in: Godspell as Gilmer, Annie Jr. as Tessie, The Little Mermaid as Arista, and a bunch of cabarets/Broadway reviews. I'm going to be July in Annie later this year!

Haha same here!

Fav shows: chicago, newsies, the little mermaid, wicked, west side story, billy elliot and 13,
Fav actresses/actors laura osness, krist chenowith, laura benanti, and allie trim.

Shows ive been in: 7 broadway reviews/cabarets, All shook up (ensemble age10) winnie the pooh(piglet age7) wizard of oz (munchkin age7)

Favorite Shows: Newsies, Wicked, Joseph and the amazing technicolor dreamcoat, Seussical

Favorite Actors: Idina Menzel, Kristen Chenoweth, I guess Lea Michele?

Shows I've been in: Schoolhouse rock Live Too, chorus, 101 Dalmatians, Spot, The Jungle book, Mowgli, Aristocats, Scat Cat, Seussical, One of the Whos.
Seussical is definitely my favorite I've acted in, it's a really deep show, lots of the songs make me cry and its sorta scary... Dr Seuss did write some deep stuf....

Seussical is definitely my favorite I've acted in, it's a really deep show, lots of the songs make me cry and its sorta scary... Dr Seuss did write some deep stuf....

Agreed, it's actually....a bit depressing for something as fun as Seuss. Alone in the Universe (Idk if that's what it's called, it's been forever since I watched it.) always used to break me down.

It is pretty depressing haha! But I actually do love the show and I would LOVE to play Gertrude one day

Agreed, it's actually....a bit depressing for something as fun as Seuss. Alone in the Universe (Idk if that's what it's called, it's been forever since I watched it.) always used to break me down.

Oh my gosh same here

Favorite Shows: Newsies, Wicked, Joseph and the amazing technicolor dreamcoat, Seussical

Favorite Actors: Idina Menzel, Kristen Chenoweth, I guess Lea Michele?

Shows I've been in: Schoolhouse rock Live Too, chorus, 101 Dalmatians, Spot, The Jungle book, Mowgli, Aristocats, Scat Cat, Seussical, One of the Whos.

When I was in 7th grade, I helped with props for seussical, which meant seeing the show like four times before actually seeing it. I like to act, but I would be too afraid to do it in front of that many people.

Broadway shows you have seen: Not on Broadway per se, but the North American tour of Les Mis and Wicked.

Favorite Musicals: Les Mis, RENT, Wicked, West Side Story, Legally Blonde, Phantom of the Opera

Favorite Theatre Actor/Actress: Ramin Karimloo, not only because he is very passionate, but also because, after seeing the 25th anniversary of Les Mis and Phantom, my little brother stopped hating musical theater and is inspired to be like him! I'm hoping me and my brother can get up to Toronto this fall to see Ramin Karimloo as Valjean.

Shows you have been in (if any): I'm not too on-key when singing, so none. (Yet. I'm just waiting for the person who wants to stage a book-accurate version of Les Mis, as Victor Hugo describes how Eponine isn't a good singer.)

Broadway shows you have seen: How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying (With Daniel Radcliff. Being a Potterhead this was an incredible experience and I fangirled a lot!), and on North America tour Mary Poppins and Shrek
Favorite Musicals: Jekyll and Hyde (I love being in theatre but don't watch too many musicals)
Favorite Theatre Actor/Actress:Look Above ^

Shows you have been in (if any): The Miracle Worker (Aunt Ev), High School Musical (Opera Singer/Cell Phone girl), Little Mermaid JR (Fish/Chef/Princess), Brothers Grimm Speculation (Talking Fish/Prince Walt), Lizzie McGuire the Movie the Musical (Teen Ensemble), Big (Student Ensemble), Jekyll and Hyde (Tech), Into the Woods Jr (Props Master)

Ok I'm in love with this thread!

Broadway shows I've seen: The Lion King, Mary Poppins, and Spiderman into the Dark

Favorite Musicals: Grease! Literally my first ever childhood crush was John Travolta when I was like 4. I also love Seussical and Rock of Ages!

I've been in a lot of shows, but my favorite has to be when I was Alice in Alice in Wonderland! That has always been one of my favorite Disney movies and so it was kind of like a dream role.

Ok I'm in love with this thread!

Broadway shows I've seen: The Lion King, Mary Poppins, and Spiderman into the Dark

Favorite Musicals: Grease! Literally my first ever childhood crush was John Travolta when I was like 4. I also love Seussical and Rock of Ages!

I've been in a lot of shows, but my favorite has to be when I was Alice in Alice in Wonderland! That has always been one of my favorite Disney movies and so it was kind of like a dream role.

I love Grease! My school is doing it this year and I'm super excited. That's really neat you got to be Alice. I't be a dream to be a lead in a Disney show.

I love Grease! My school is doing it this year and I'm super excited. That's really neat you got to be Alice. I't be a dream to be a lead in a Disney show.

That's the only Disney show I've done besides Cinderella, but that was a different version, but I'd love to do an actual musical because I already know all the words to the songs! Unfortunately there's no songs in Alice! But it was one of the greatest experiences I've had.

I just saw Lion King a few months back and it was AMAZING! That was my first broadway show to see. I would also love to be the lead in a musical. Congrats on your achievements! I sing in front of large crowds, but would never think anyone would want me for the parts they need.

I just saw Lion King a few months back and it was AMAZING! That was my first broadway show to see. I would also love to be the lead in a musical. Congrats on your achievements! I sing in front of large crowds, but would never think anyone would want me for the parts they need.

The Lion King is fantastic! That's a great first show to see! And thank you! I'm not a great singer, but a better actress, ha

Broadway shows you have seen: I have seen Rock of Ages on Broadway. I have also seen the North America tour of Wicked (years ago), Mary Poppins, and Lion King. I also saw the preview of Big Fish when it was in Chicago.

Favorite Musicals: Wicked, Big Fish, Lion King, Mary Poppins, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, Legally Blonde, Hairspray, Annie, 13, 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee, Suessical.

Favorite Theatre Actor/Actress: Idina Menzel, Kristen Chenoweth, Sutton Foster

Shows you have been in (if any): (All of these shows I have done backstage crew for.) Our Town, Little Shop of Horrers, A Midsummer Nights Dream, Bye Bye Birdie, Annie Jr, The Crucible, Wizard of Oz. Right now I'm doing stage crew for a production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter