*teens/common Ground!!*

We're (myself, DH, and the boys 16 and 18) going March 15th on the Magic. Late dinner seating also (like to have that extra time to get ready or enjoy an activity). Hope to see you on board also, nearlychildless!

We are on the March 8 eastern carribean sailing of the Magic - myself, DW, DS14, DD12, and DD9.

Anyone else with us??? This is the March break here in Ontario, Canada, so we booked about a year ago.

can't wait!!

Ottawacruiser

JerseyCruisers---I thought you told me our cruise was in 90 something days! lol were you just kidding or is your timer off?

Question to every1-is there a decent amount of teens on the cruise? a lot?? or very little???:tongue: :wave: :bounce:

there are a good number of teens. not every teen goes to common grounds though and it'll be 30-40 doing activities if even that many. it seems like small numbers when you are with them all but its pretty good. idk how many were on my last cruise.

I'm 14 (will be 15 by the cruise) and going on July5 Magic... I have already been on one (i went july 01) so if ne1 has question, just PM me or email me -- TaurusGirl421@aol.com!

Originally posted by gonepincrazy
We're (myself, DH, and the boys 16 and 18) going March 15th on the Magic. Late dinner seating also (like to have that extra time to get ready or enjoy an activity). Hope to see you on board also, nearlychildless!

I would surely appreciate hearing how this worked out for you after your March cruise. We will have a similar problem... my daughter will be 18 when we go, but her friend will be either 16 or 17. It will be hard to tell one or the other that they can/cannot go to CG because of the age thing. I hope that made sense. I'll be waiting to hear how it went. Thanks so much. If you want to email.... it's my name here on the dis .aol.com

Nancy

i really don't think it will be a problem getting the 18 year old into the common grounds. also, the 16/17 year old can do some of the classes and such with the 18 year old if she wants...the best of both worlds!

Be glad to let you know how it goes. Surely they must come across this some as 18 year olds can be in high school and still enjoy mixing with 16 and 17 year olds. Maybe the cut off should be for those in college. E mail me if you'd like.

I'm sure despite the wide range of ages, they end up hanging around with new friends about the same age with similar interests. I know when we cruised last time, the teen group looked like they were having more fun than any other groups that I saw :)

Originally posted by newhampshire4
I'm sure despite the wide range of ages, they end up hanging around with new friends about the same age with similar interests. I know when we cruised last time, the teen group looked like they were having more fun than any other groups that I saw :)

While I have no doubt this is true... it would be hard seeing we have one going that is 16 and one will be 18, and the info is that the cut off for Common Grounds, the teen club and all teen excursions, is 18. So I'm anxious to see how Gonepincrazy makes out.

Nancy

sorry... that cut off age should be 17. I tried to edit my original but it wouldn't let me for some reason........ oops!
Nancy

they let kids older then 17 in to common grounds. (not much much older though so its still safe) they don't let the kids over 17 or under 13 on excursions because its something with insurance. i know on my last cruise there was a kid who was 19 and hung out in common grounds but he could not go on the Teen Catameran because the insurance only covered 13-17yr. olds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter