*teens/common Ground!!*

MagicInTheStars

Earning My Ears
Hi!!! Is there any teens who can answer or chat about common ground or the teen activities?? I've got some questions! :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :smooth: :bounce: :smooth: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :smooth: :bounce: :jester:

Hey, I know u! lol. Yes, I have some questions, too. Any info at all would be helpful :-) Can't wait till the cruise!

i can answer any questions, either post them here or i have aol and msn messenger. both the screen names are X332340090210. <------don't ask lol.

Anything you wanna know I can definatly help you out with the teen stuff!!! Gimmie a shout with your questions!!

Alberta :bounce:

I'm interested in teen stuff too.

Like, what are the best activities not to be missed, or if there are any things which require reservations.

We'll be on the Magic eastern caribbean in March!

Thanks!

Ottawacruiser.

My daughter has a favorite story about our cruise. Common Grounds organized a scavenger hunt! Competition was fierce as the game progressed and near the end, and my daughter approached an older couple as they were heading toward Palo's. "Excuse me sir. What color socks are you wearing?" As the man was wearing the much needed black trouser socks, she kindly asked him if she could borrow one for just a minute, as she pointed toward the judges. He gladly complied, much to the dismay of his wife! When she returned the sock and thanked them both profusely, the woman scowled, and the man gave her a little wink. Her team won, and everrone involved had a great laugh. (well, everyone except the wife! :D )

I can't agree more with the scavenger hunt!! That was a blast. When i went (February 2001, the week of valentines day on the seven night) there were so many activities and all of em' were so much fun! We had a scavenger hunt but it was a bit different in our case. We were split into two teams and each givin a digital camera then from there we would find try to solve clues givin to us then if we thought we knew the answer we would run as fast as we could to take a picture of it and move onto the next clue!! It was great! I think my favorite activity was a murder mystery. The night b4 we all met at common grounds and picked out who was gonna play the next day. The game went from 12 pm to 12 am! All through the day someone is the murderer and they kill you by kissing you on the hand (there may have been other ways i just remember this cause its how i died! lol) Then once your killed you go into common grounds to find people have drawn all over your picture (the pics were used to see who was left). Each person after they were killed had to go after one other person. It was so exciting cause you never knew who was after you or if someone was! As for the dances!!!!! Well that was my favorite thing to do in the evenings with all my new friends! Every night we were in Studio Sea with either a dance or Karaoke. They were so much fun. That's where most of my memories are cause we spent so much time there and had so many great moments! Hope this helps!!!

Alberta :bounce:

I was 12 on my only Disney cruise, but I remember a quiet 15-year-old who sat at my dinner table raving about the murder mystery. How is the dress for the dances? Fancy or casual? Also, how are the teen beach at Castaway Cay and the catamaran in I think Cozumel? I'm so anxious, I can't wait!
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

I'm not a teen but my daughter is and my question is - is it generally very easy for people to meet each other. She is a VERY outgoing person at times and I worry that she will get on someone's nerves and get her feelings hurt. She's very anxious about going and meeting new kids and hanging out people more her age!!! Thanks

Originally posted by jerseycruisers
I was 12 on my only Disney cruise, but I remember a quiet 15-year-old who sat at my dinner table raving about the murder mystery. How is the dress for the dances? Fancy or casual? Also, how are the teen beach at Castaway Cay and the catamaran in I think Cozumel? I'm so anxious, I can't wait!
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

the dress for dances is casual. its whatever you want to wear. i always went in shorts and a t-shirt or tanktop. basically it was whatever i had wore during the day.

the teen beach is pretty cool. its not crowded because many teens are are on the wild side excursion. the water is pretty good temp, there were some hot spots though, and there is algea all over the bottom of the water.

the Catameran was aweasome, it was my favorite thing the whole cruise, well one of the many. its like the dances at night just its on a small boat. you go pretty far out too. and its at night which makes it all the better. i had soo much fun on it.

when do you go on the cruise?
i don't go till july :(

Originally posted by December99
I'm not a teen but my daughter is and my question is - is it generally very easy for people to meet each other. She is a VERY outgoing person at times and I worry that she will get on someone's nerves and get her feelings hurt. She's very anxious about going and meeting new kids and hanging out people more her age!!! Thanks

it is really easy to meet people. when you go in the counselors try to match you up with people. i met a whole bunch of people on my cruise and august. i was really outgoing and never shut-up so i made friends really easy. in fact i still talk to many of the people from the ship. she'll be fine and it'll be lots of fun.

you'll have lots of fun. i went last august and still talk non stop about it. write a trip report when you get back.
how long are you going for? 7 day western right? you talked about cozumel so thats my guess. the counselors on the magic are cool. i know one of the ones i had will be back around that time. you'll love them.

There is alot to do on the cruise when you are a teen! there are many different games and dances almost evernight! it is alot of fun! if you have any questions about any of the games PM me and i will explain them in detail for you!

Yes, I am going on a 7-Day Western cruise with MagicInTheStars.;) We're going to get the unlimited internet access, so I'll be sure to post onboard.

My teens went the first night and met friends that they hung out with all week. We have also kept in touch with the families and visited in each other's towns.

My kids, DS14 and DD17 both had a blast. DD is very outgoing - life of the party, DS is quieter but with great sense of humor. He did a lot of video games and sports stuff.

Thanks for all the posts!!! Yes, JerseyCruisers....we r going in may!! lol and i cant wait to meet u!!! hahhaah :smooth: what other kind of activities are there for teens? as many as the kids club? Last time i went on the cruise i was only 12 so since i'll be 14 this time i cant wait to meet other teens at common ground and have a blast! ;) :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

the things to do include, a murder game that they were talking about earlier, basketball, dances (obviously), makeing your own scary movie, paint a animation cell, learn to hip hop dance, pool party, invade the lab,among many other things. idk if there is as much but there was alot of off time when you could also watch ovies and listen to music in there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter