teenager taking forever in shower,,ideas on how to limit time?

My sister has a tankless water heater with a remote that you can shut off the hot water when her step son has been in there long enough.

It is AWESOME!

We give them a '2 minute warning' when showers go too long.

After 2 mins, they get a nice COLD PITCHER of water poured on them.

So usually the 2 min warning prompts them to evacuate the bathroom ASAP.

My DS took long showers when he was about 8. I wondered what in the world is taking so long, so went to check on him. He was doing handstands against the shower stall...are you sure this isn't what he is doing?:rotfl2:

We went through this with our son and foster son when they lived with us. Oh man. Between the two of them they could have the bathroom locked down for 2 hours! So we started doing what *MY* parents did with us--cut the hot water. We can do that two ways--turn the hot water off or put a load of towels in the washer. Gotta wash the towels anyway, why not when they boy is in the shower, right? I usually gave them 10 min, after that anything goes.:rolleyes1

I have 2 teen boys, a huge water heater, and cheap water! Thankfully something is cheap here. They take the looongest showers ever!

I remember vacations at my grandparents house in Florida. Water was very expensive and we were limited and we were all like, huh what?

I hope you find a solution that makes you all happy! :)

My DAUGHTER takes to long in the shower.:headache: I'm not kidding when I say that she will take a 25 minute shower, or longer. She takes forever shaving her legs & washing her hair. Who really does the rinse and repeat thing for your hair anyway? She does! It drives DH insane because she drains the hot water tank so that everyone else has to wait to get in. We now have to shower at different times, or rush in there before she gets in. :laughing:

If teen boys take longer than this, I'm in trouble.:rolleyes1

My DAUGHTER takes to long in the shower.:headache: I'm not kidding when I say that she will take a 25 minute shower, or longer. She takes forever shaving her legs & washing her hair. Who really does the rinse and repeat thing for your hair anyway? She does! It drives DH insane because she drains the hot water tank so that everyone else has to wait to get in. We now have to shower at different times, or rush in there before she gets in. :laughing:

LOL me!

My dd13 takes forever in the shower I timed her one time and it was 45min.:sad2: so now I give her 15min then I send one of the other kids into my bathroom to get started on their shower, it was priceless the first time she came out and told me about the REALLY cold shower she got.....welcome to everyone else's world:lmao:

My stepdaughter used to drain the 40 gallon hot water tank. Seriously!! :sad2: And the best was when she would get out saying she ran out of hot water and didn't have a chance to wash her hair or body. :eek:

When we bought the house there was a speaker system set up in the bathroom (not sure why but it was). Anyway, she would pick a CD and we would put it on. She had to finish washing everything by the end of the 2nd song. She had one more song to play around the hot water in and then get out. So we went from 45 minute showers to about 10 minute showers. Still too long in my mind but still saved us a ton of hassle and money.
Oh and if she didn't get out, I got to go in there and shut off the water. :rolleyes:

Good luck OP!

How about "son, you are taking really long showers and it is getting very expensive. You either need to limit your showers to 10 minutes once/day or start paying the water bill".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter