• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Teen Vibe Age Restrictions

tamlynnk

Earning My Ears
We are cruising on the Disney Dream on May 26th. I have a few questions. My son turned 18 in January and he is still a senior in high school. My daughters are 13 and 16, the 13 year old turns 14 on July 7th. With this information I want to know if they would all be allowed together in the Vibe?

This is our second cruise on the Disney Dream.:dance3:

We are looking to have a "great" cruise and would like our children to enjoy this together.

Thank you for your help.

Tammy:hippie:

I believe if you search on these forums you will see that once they turn 18 they will not be allowed in the Vibe even if they turn 18 while on the cruise.

Jim

My son turned 18 in January... My daughters are 13 and 16
Your son will not be allowed in the Vibe. I understand from a different post that they have started a new group for 18 to 22 year olds. Your 13 and 16 year old will be able to attend the Vibe together. I know it is not fair that a senior in High School cannot attend the group with the other Teenagers but once they turn 18 they are an adult. There are additional liabilities mixing 14 year olds with 18 year olds.

Yes the underage and overage kids kttw card will not be able to activate the floor to open it. This means they are not the right age but technically they could still go in if someone that is the right age opens the door for them. I'm not condoning this I'm just giving suggestions.

Just off the 3/23 Fantasy and was told 13 yos being allowed into the Vibe depends on how full the cruise is. They didn't allow any age deviations on our cruise for Edge or Vibe. The 18yo will NOT be allowed in Vibe at all. No exceptions.

Thanks so much. I have read different information on other sites that left me pretty confused. I have been reading post from this site for a few years and I have always found the information to be reliable. Last year my son had such an amazing time in the Vibe. I have seen that there is another club for 18 to 22 year olds. Just not sure what they do or where they meet.

As others have said, the 18 yo will definitely not be allowed into Vibe except for an Open House. The 13 yo MAY be allowed to move up to Vibe (ages 14-17), but may be required to stay with the Edge (ages 11-14) since she is not within the overlap age. It will likely depend on the demographics of that particular cruise - how many kids of each age group are onboard which then translates into how much flexibility may be allowed. As a PP mentioned, some 13s are not allowed to move up. Others may report their child was allowed to do so. I'd prepare the kids to attend the "appropriate" location by age. There are plenty of "family" activities they can do together outside of the clubs.

The 18-22 yo "club" does not have a formal location like the younger ages, but will meet within the adult areas - typically one of the lounges. What/how much they do can also depend on how many that age are on the cruise.

Enjoy your cruise!

As others have said, the 18 yo will definitely not be allowed into Vibe except for an Open House. The 13 yo MAY be allowed to move up to Vibe (ages 14-17), but may be required to stay with the Edge (ages 11-14) since she is not within the overlap age. It will likely depend on the demographics of that particular cruise - how many kids of each age group are onboard which then translates into how much flexibility may be allowed. As a PP mentioned, some 13s are not allowed to move up. Others may report their child was allowed to do so. I'd prepare the kids to attend the "appropriate" location by age. There are plenty of "family" activities they can do together outside of the clubs.

The 18-22 yo "club" does not have a formal location like the younger ages, but will meet within the adult areas - typically one of the lounges. What/how much they do can also depend on how many that age are on the cruise.

The above is correct. My DS turned 18 3 weeks before our cruise in 2012 and was not allowed to go to the Vibe. He attended the 18-22 year old group but he was the only one that showed for the meet. It was a 3 day cruise in Feb so not a lot of 18-22 year olds. He did get to go to Palos and enjoyed that a lot.

My DS 13 was able to go to the Vibe this year on our Feb 2013 cruise. I had to sign a form to let him move up to the Vibe. He had been at the Edge the previous year but enjoyed the Vibe much more. He was with a freind on the cruise who was 14 and would have been of age in a couple months.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise!!! :cool1:

The above is correct. My DS turned 18 3 weeks before our cruise in 2012 and was not allowed to go to the Vibe. He attended the 18-22 year old group but he was the only one that showed for the meet. It was a 3 day cruise in Feb so not a lot of 18-22 year olds. He did get to go to Palos and enjoyed that a lot.

My DS 13 was able to go to the Vibe this year on our Feb 2013 cruise. I had to sign a form to let him move up to the Vibe. He had been at the Edge the previous year but enjoyed the Vibe much more. He was with a freind on the cruise who was 14 and would have been of age in a couple months.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise!!! :cool1:

In addition to Palos, the 18 year old can attend the adult shows and be in the adult venues at night. He can also go on an excursion on his own if he doesn't like the one's you're going on.

So there are advantages.... :cool2:

I can only speak for the longer cruises but the Fantasy had a counselor assigned to the 18-21 yo group. The 5 day Dream NYE cruise in 2011-12 also had a counselor assigned to the group. I think it depends on how many in that age group are on each particular cruise. The 18-21 yo that we had dinner with on both cruises really enjoyed the group.

As mentioned by others, the 18-21 group doesn't have a specific location that is "theirs".

Here's how it worked on our MR cruise. The 18-21 group met the first night at Diversions at 10:00 pm. That first meeting is very important for anyone even thinking they might be interested in this option. That's the night they meet with the CM facilitating the group and make plans for what things they would like to do during the cruise.

On our particular cruise there were about 12-14 "kids" in the group. While they made plans for specific things they did (met for breakfast, went to late movie, had lunch with the officers) as the larger group, for the most part they sort of split up into 2 smaller groups of 5-6 (not always the same 5 or 6) to just "hang".

The CM facilitating the group was able to get some of the games from Vibe on occasion for them to play.

Every night the group met at Diversions at 10:00 and then went to the adult comedy show in Wavebands, sometimes sticking around afterward for line dance lessons and other events.

Except for dinner and most of the shows in the WDT, we seldom saw DS. He usually returned to the room late and was off and running the next morning with his new friends.

PrincessShmoo said:
As mentioned by others, the 18-21 group doesn't have a specific location that is "theirs".

Here's how it worked on our MR cruise. The 18-21 group met the first night at Diversions at 10:00 pm. That first meeting is very important for anyone even thinking they might be interested in this option. That's the night they meet with the CM facilitating the group and make plans for what things they would like to do during the cruise.

On our particular cruise there were about 12-14 "kids" in the group. While they made plans for specific things they did (met for breakfast, went to late movie, had lunch with the officers) as the larger group, for the most part they sort of split up into 2 smaller groups of 5-6 (not always the same 5 or 6) to just "hang".

The CM facilitating the group was able to get some of the games from Vibe on occasion for them to play.

Every night the group met at Diversions at 10:00 and then went to the adult comedy show in Wavebands, sometimes sticking around afterward for line dance lessons and other events.

Except for dinner and most of the shows in the WDT, we seldom saw DS. He usually returned to the room late and was off and running the next morning with his new friends.

Thank you. This is very helpful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter