Teen to lab instead?

mlutz11175

Earning My Ears
After reading over the Teen navigators, I'm not sure that my 14 year old will enjoy the unstructured activities as much as he did the structured ones in the Lab on our previous cruises. Has anyone ever had a child who moved to the Lab instead of the teen group? Will Disney even allow it?

Im not sure if they will allow it but i didnt know if i was going to like the common grounds when i was 13 and i had a GREAT time! when we were in there we just layed back and watched tv or played some games. also there were times where we left the room and just did what ever. I think he would have a much better time in the common grounds (wonder) or the Stack (magic)

I got to tell you on my last cruise it was my first time in Common Grounds I was 13. I am small for my age so that might be reason I did not fit in that much. I felt like the young one and did not care for it much. Next cruise I will be 15 and hopfully will enjoy it better. He might like it but I just loved doing things on my own, exploring the ships and going to diffrent Entertainment Series. I would not have wanted to move down to the lab though. Hope he enjoys it.
Have a Disney Day,
Matt:bounce:

My 12 year old has "special needs". She was 12 when we cruised last year. I asked if she would be able to go to lab this year, even though she will be 13 when we cruise. they said it would be no problem.

Our kids had enjoyed the Lab on our first cruise, so on our next trip, we were a little concerned about sending our oldest son, who had just turned 14, to Common Grounds. I first talked to one of the staff members there, who agreed that he might prefer the Lab activities that were more structured. He told me who I should see at the Lab, and she had no problem with letting him participate in their program instead. He had a great time, and we felt better knowing he had more supervision than he would have had at Common Grounds.

Thanks for all the good advice. I hope my son will decide he likes Common Grounds, because his sister will not appreciate having him in the Lab with her. But at least it's an option if he wants it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter