• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Teen Pregnancy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh. Awful situation. I hope the little girl can turn it around for herself and child. At 13, I don't know if I would've had the drive and commitment to do that.

I probably would have encouraged termination, and made sure that there is no judgement and no shame. If not, hopefully there will be a support system this girl can rely on. That's the only way she'll get through it.

Also, the bible. Lmao.

If a thread about no public bathrooms can get 19 pages, the skies the limit on this one.

Until TAX GUY shows up. :tilt:

Then I'm playing the "stupid" card now, before this thread is locked.

This thread is stupid and those arguing it..... :tongue:

And look, here he is, contributing so much once again. :headache:

I feel so bad for this girl. It is such a viscous cycle to break, especially if this is all she knows about family dynamics. :sad1:

OP just joined to post this

just sayin
It seems to be a reincarnation. Looking at her 17 posts, the OP is already DIS savvy enough to give advice on how to start a thread on the Cruise board. Pretty experienced for just joining last week. :rolleyes1

Termination is NEVER an option - you are killing LIFE - it lives, it breaths. Termination is murder and should be treated as such
A fetus does not breathe. In fact, in terms of murder charges, a fetus has to take its first breath for it to be considered alive and a baby to prosecute for murder.

There is a horrible case going on now where I used to live. A woman who was 7 months pregnant answered an ad on Craigslist and went to a woman's house to look at baby clothes. The seller attacked the woman and carved the baby out of the potential buyer's womb. The woman survived but unfortunately the baby did not.

The attacker, although being charged with all sorts of charges, is not being charged with murder because the autopsy showed that the baby never took its first breath outside the womb. She is being charged with attempted murder.

A fetus does not breathe. In fact, in terms of murder charges, a fetus has to take its first breath for it to be considered alive and a baby to prosecute for murder.

There is a horrible case going on now where I used to live. A woman who was 7 months pregnant answered an ad on Craigslist and went to a woman's house to look at baby clothes. The seller attacked the woman and carved the baby out of the potential buyer's womb. The woman survived but unfortunately the baby did not.

The attacker, although being charged with all sorts of charges, is not being charged with murder because the autopsy showed that the baby never took its first breath outside the womb. She is being charged with attempted murder.

I Think that varies state to state. There are places where a pregnant woman's death could result in more than one charge of homicide. Just strictly commenting on murder charges here, not any of the rest.

Edit: I will add it doesn't sound like killing the child was the intent, so manslaughter would probably be a more appropriate charge, where allowed that is.

Termination is NEVER an option - you are killing LIFE - it lives, it breaths. Termination is murder and should be treated as such

Thanks for sharing your (religious) opinion.

One should never mistake an OPINION for a fact. That is a big problem that exists today. Your OPINION is just that. And obviously, termination is not an "option" for you. I just wish people could recognize that what is "good and right" for them may not be "good and right" for everyone else.

Sigh.

I Think that varies state to state. There are places where a pregnant woman's death could result in more than one charge of homicide. Just strictly commenting on murder charges here, not any of the rest.

Edit: I will add it doesn't sound like killing the child was the intent, so manslaughter would probably be a more appropriate charge, where allowed that is.
You are correct and I stand corrected. After googling it, there are several states that have unborn fetus violence laws.

It doesn't change the fact though that a fetus does not breath (sic.) :)

I'm not really sure what kind of feedback the OP is hoping to get with this. I'm sure everyone is in agreement that this girl has a hard road ahead of her but it sounds like the family has made their decision for how they plan to move forward. What else is there to discuss? I'm a bit skeptical about the purpose of this thread.
I think I pretty much stated that in my original post. I was asking for opinions. Where I work, this is a fairly common occurrence. I was trying for some perspective from other posters.

OP just joined to post this to stra

just sayin
/What difference does this make? Am I only allowed to start a thread after a certain period of time? I thought I was allowed to post whenever top of the page tells me I can. If this is a problem, please tell me NewRVLady, when I am allowed to start a new thread.

It seems to be a reincarnation. Looking at her 17 posts, the OP is already DIS savvy enough to give advice on how to start a thread on the Cruise board. Pretty experienced for just joining last week. :rolleyes1
I love being welcomed with suspicion thanks Hrhpd. What do you suppose I am trying to do? Give me a break! What, because I helped someone out on how to post a new thread I am some type of fiend ? What do you think I am trying to do? This is a discussion board for goodness sake!

It's me again the OP, you know the idiot who has no right to post on these boards?

Anyway, for those who are interested in having an actual discussion. I'm curious if this is a common occurrence in other communities? I agree it is sad and frustrating. As I originally posted, this mother was suspicious that her daughter was sexually active several months ago, so why didn't she do something? If any of you had a 13 year old who you thought was sexually active, would you be comfortable taking them to the Doctor for birth control?

As I said before this is not the first time this has happened at my workplace. Another co-worker's daughter announced she was pregnant at 12 years old. The child kept her child who was born with a heart defect. Anyway, with the support of the grandparents, the baby survived and everything was limping along. Until, at 15, the girl announced she was pregnant again!

As for the boys involved, they've disappeared.

I realize that people can beat the odds and become success stories. I just think you reduce your chances of success if you make poor life decisions when you are so very young.

I think I pretty much stated that in my original post. I was asking for opinions. Where I work, this is a fairly common occurrence. I was trying for some perspective from other posters.

/What difference does this make? Am I only allowed to start a thread after a certain period of time? I thought I was allowed to post whenever top of the page tells me I can. If this is a problem, please tell me NewRVLady, when I am allowed to start a new thread.

!
nevermind

Last edited:
Plenty of people create new accounts to post controversial topics.
Actually, I joined the Dis boards to join in the discussions. I did not "create a new account to post controversial topics." I wasn't aware that I could only start a new thread after suitable period of time.

It's me again the OP, you know the idiot who has no right to post on these boards?

Anyway, for those who are interested in having an actual discussion. I'm curious if this is a common occurrence in other communities? I agree it is sad and frustrating. As I originally posted, this mother was suspicious that her daughter was sexually active several months ago, so why didn't she do something? If any of you had a 13 year old who you thought was sexually active, would you be comfortable taking them to the Doctor for birth control?

As I said before this is not the first time this has happened at my workplace. Another co-worker's daughter announced she was pregnant at 12 years old. The child kept her child who was born with a heart defect. Anyway, with the support of the grandparents, the baby survived and everything was limping along. Until, at 15, the girl announced she was pregnant again!

I realize that people can beat the odds and become success stories. I just think you reduce your chances of success if you make poor life decisions when you are so very young.
Well you can lead a horse to water...

I'm sure the girl knew, at 13 methods of bc. She has access to them without her mother bringing her to the doctor. Unfortunately, as kids do, she made a grown up decision to have sex and now has to deal with the grown up consequences.

It is a sad situation but not a hopeless one. I'm sure we all know of someone (or know someone who knows someone) who had a child young, didn't really make much of her life, had a child who repeated the cycle, and/or all sorts of other bad things, but that doesn't mean it is the only possible outcome. When my sister was in 6th grade, a girl in her class got pregnant. she was 12. Her parents wanted her to put the child up for adoption but she refused. They told her that she would be responsible for the child as they were not going to raise him/her. They followed through and made her take care of the baby. Her social life was nonexistent. She went to school and came home to her child. She is now a doctor and her child is a junior in college. Is it the norm? No but it doesn't mean the end of her life just because she is expecting. Here's hoping for a positive statistic.

It really doesn't happen here. My oldest is in college, I'm an involved parent, and I've never heard of a pregnant teen in the past 10 years. There is easy access to birth control, and other services. The majority of high school graduates go on to some secondary education. It's very expensive to live here, so a young mom or even couple would not be able to raise a child here easily. Most woman wait until late 20's at the earliest to start having kids, so there really isn't a support system. It's almost like the 1950's, but instead of the shame of pre-marital sex, it's the shame of not taking precautions.

Great. Now I'm singing "Signs" (sign, sign, everywhere a sign..)

OP - I hope for the test for all involved.
And the sign says, "Long hair freaky people need not apply"
So I put my hair under my hat and I went in to ask him, why?
He said, "You look like a fine outstanding young man, I think you'll do"
So I took off my hat I said, "Imagine that, huh me working for you"

Blocking up the scenery, breaking my mind.
Do this, don't do that - can't you read the sign?

Can't post my favorite verse - the last one. Great song, though :)

Since termination is NEVER an option (hello - the baby is alive!!) then the adult should put the baby up for adoption - lots of families who cant have children who would show the baby love and how a true family should function

Respectfully, it may not be an option for you...but that is why others shouldn't make our decisions for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter