Teen Mom

Many DISer's on here have come on and stated that Farrah is crazy etc etc ... that being said her mother had NO RIGHT whatsoever to HIT HER. Did you see the pictures of her face??? OMG. There is no question there is allot of dysfunction in that home ... but I blame Farrah's parents before I blame Farrah. Her father looks like an emtional guy and I think that mother wants to control everyone in that house ... she has controlled the dad, as he appears to me to be scared of the mother while Farrah will not allow her to continue to control her.

Our children are a reflection of US ... that is all there is to it and Farrah is a reflection of her upbringing. That Mother, plain and simple is a trainwreck. :headache:

I'm not sure if this has ever been discussed, but how are these girls paid for being on this show? I'm assuming its some sort of compensation, but considering how none have shown any financial growth, I guess maybe there is a stipulation that it has to go into a trust or something. Has anyone heard anything?

Few comments about the show since I finally got to watch it last night...

Amber looks like an oompa loompa...way too heavy on the fake tan...that little girl is just adorable though...but should she still be in an infant car seat?

Did anyone notice how happy Sophia looked when she was around Farrah's mom? I've never saw her look at Farrah that way (of course that all could be editing). It did make me sick the way Farrah left her crying on the floor in the dark...that poor baby has a long way to go.

Catelynn and Tyler confuse me...I know there was a period of time between the engagement and this first show, but they have had a lot of change it seems since then. He seems totally different...maybe "fame" has changed him?

Maci reminds me a lot of myself a few years back. Of course I wasn't her age, but I had a son whose father didn't support him in the least. When I asked him what he thought he should be doing about supporting my son, he said, I guess you should just take me to court. So that text from Ryan sounded familiar. She seems to have her head on the straightest, but her home life seems to be the most stable by far.

Farrah reminds me of a spoiled brat. She has no respect for her parents and appears to not know what the word no is or know what boundries are. While her mom is a few fries short of a happy meal, I think she would be the better person to raise Sophia. She seems to think the world of that baby while Farrah doesn't seem to having a motherly bone in her body.
Amber is a train wreck. She needs to stop doing the fake bake and lay off the makeup. Put the baby first.
Maci is the only mom on the show that I agreed with keeping the baby. The other moms on the show should have put their babies up for adoption. Maci loves her son and puts his needs a head of hers.
I like Catelynn being on the show. The show is about life after being 16 and pregnant. Catelynn put the needs of her unborn child ahead of hers. She wanted more for her child than she could provide. That is something that many people twice her age wouldn't do. For that I applaud her.
I do feel very sorry for Catelynn. She seems to have no one in her life that cares for her. I do hope that she follows her dreams and becomes a nurse.
I think that Tyler hasn't been able to deal with his feelings about the adoption. After the birth and the weeks that followed, he appeared to put his feelings on the back burner to help Catelynn deal with the adoption. Then Catelynn went to the retreat and that seemed to help her. She appears to have accepted the decision and moved on with her life. It seems Tyler hasn't been gave the same opportunities and he's where Catelynn was a year ago. If there is a similar retreat for birth fathers, he needs to go. But I doudt that there is such a thing. Society doesn't think birth fathers grieve the same way that birth mothers do.

I'm not sure if this has ever been discussed, but how are these girls paid for being on this show? I'm assuming its some sort of compensation, but considering how none have shown any financial growth, I guess maybe there is a stipulation that it has to go into a trust or something. Has anyone heard anything

I have wondered if the girls are being paid for the show. Some MTV reality shows do pay participants. The Real World participants were confirmed to have been paid $4,000 to appear on a season. This was confirmed back in 2003 by blogger Bonnie Burton. The pay could have gone up since then. There were issues with money with the Jersey Shore cast.

The MTV documentary series True Life does not pay participants. Some of the people who have appeared on the series have said in interviews and online that they don't get paid.

I wonder if the girls were paid when they appeared on 16&Pregnant. I haven't found anything online to see if they are being paid for Teen Mom.

Thanks to the previous poster who mentioned farrah. good Lord I wanted to jump through the tv and pick that baby up.

No crib? No baby supplies? just walk across the street? Ok any mother worth her salt would understand new house, new smells.
Equals apprehensive baby. OF COURSE she is going to be fussy. I do not like one bit the way she was treating her.
If farrah was my daughter I am afraid I would also be wringing her neck.

Maci, Love her and think she is a great mother and doing a great job with that baby. Ryan's just immature, I hope he will come around.

Gary and Amber!!!!! I actually prefer Gary. I think she is lazy and immature. How long can she scream at him without something coming to a boil.
What happened to her job and all the steps she was taking? I saw no mention of that last night...

As for Catelyn and Tyler. I think they are adorable and just think She is a kid herself who has gotten a raw deal. So she had to move back to Mom's and it looked like she is on the couch? fabulous. truly fabulous what some kids and she's a kid... have to muddle through.

I do think they need to get Carlie off the TV though. theres gonna be lots of footage for that little monkey to pull up when she is a teen herself. And I really don't think it's going to have a posetive spin on her own teen years.

Just my own viewpoints, your mileage may vary.:hippie:

YES! Thank you! You know last season she was yelling at him saying he is so lazy and won't help her, that house was a MESS!!! I couldn't believe it, and I don't want to sound cruel, but I was in her shoes (19 and pregnant, 20 with a baby) and I stayed home with DD and went to school at night like she was doing on the show and fiance worked in the beginning nights, and then went to days. But when he came home he had dinner, clothes cleaned, house cleaned, baby taken care of, and then when DD went to bed it was homework time for me, took me 5 years but I graduated college with honors. Seriously she needs to take care of her family and stop being so lazy! Sorry I am Team Gary.

Farrah, seriously I felt so bad when she was yelling at Sophia. She didn't even try to comfort her :confused3 she just yelled. That whole situation is weird though, the mom is controlling, BUT at the same time I see why, Farrah really doesn't pay much attention to Sophia at all and is always trying to leave her with someone. Her mom keeps telling her that she is a mom and then Farrah always comes back with "But i am a teenager too." Well sorry hun you are a MOM FIRST! I really wonder what went down that night that her mom hit her and pulled a knife (I did understand that correctly right? she had a knife in her hand when the police walked in). So weird!

Maci, what can I say, love that girl, Bentley is just too adorable, she is doing a great job! Hopefully Ryan will come around and be more of a daddy and I hope he pays the child support.

And Finally Caitlynn, IDK, I AM looking forward to when she is reunited with Carlie, that episode looks good.

O and I also wanted to add, does anyone else hold their breath when Amber's baby is standing on the couch and banging on the window? Seriously one day that kid is going to fall through the window, they need to rearrange that living room. I don't even think its part of the couch, is it the ottomon?

Was anyone else disgusted by Farrah being so nasty to her mom and saying, "I'm on my own now" . . . while living in her parents' guest house?

YES

That girl treats her mother like crap, yet has no problem living off of her.:rolleyes: The crazy mother allows it.:confused3

Farrah reminds me of a spoiled brat. She has no respect for her parents and appears to not know what the word no is or know what boundries are. While her mom is a few fries short of a happy meal, I think she would be the better person to raise Sophia. She seems to think the world of that baby while Farrah doesn't seem to having a motherly bone in her body.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2
I'm sure Farrah has been speaking/treating her parents like this for years. They should have dealt with it when she was younger.

If I were her mother, I'd give her a quick introduction to the real world. Get out of my house, get a job, find an apartment and pay your own bills.

She needs to get out there and let the real kick her butt for a while.

I finally got to watch the whole episode this afternoon.

1. Farrah- She is soooooo annoying. I agree with others that her mom had absolutely no right to hit her. I think she needs to grow up and start taking better care of Sophia.

2. Amber- Really, after having one baby you would not prevent another one from happening? I am thankful though that she is not pregnant. I am interested in seeing what happens between her and Gary.

3. Maci- I think she is the best of the bunch. She seems to be really focused on both being a good mom and trying to make a better life for her and Bentley by going to school. I am glad she took Ryan to court to get child support.

4. Catelynn- I also do not understand why she is on the second season. I think it is just doing her more harm by constantly being reminded about Carly rather than workin on moving on.

YES

That girl treats her mother like crap, yet has no problem living off of her.:rolleyes: The crazy mother allows it.:confused3

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2
I'm sure Farrah has been speaking/treating her parents like this for years. They should have dealt with it when she was younger.

If I were her mother, I'd give her a quick introduction to the real world. Get out of my house, get a job, find an apartment and pay your own bills.

She needs to get out there and let the real kick her butt for a while.

Exactly, she is 18 now isn't she?!

I had to go back 7 pages to find this!

I really enjoyed last nights show. I think it was because Amber and Gary were out and about in places I go to! I know several people who were at Buffalo Wild Wings when they filmed there and I was looking for them, but they were cut out!

The more I watch this show the more I am convinced its much more scripted than I originally thought. I know when they filmed at the library, Amber was told to ask for books on potty training. It will be interesting to see if those shots make the show.

I thought it was interesting that Farrah found people to help her move, but her true colors showed when she told them to take off their shoes while holding her sofa. They were doing her a favor and she was still unpleasant. I am starting to have different Caitlyn feelings. I wonder how much of their story we haven't seen.

I had to go back 7 pages to find this!

I really enjoyed last nights show. I think it was because Amber and Gary were out and about in places I go to! I know several people who were at Buffalo Wild Wings when they filmed there and I was looking for them, but they were cut out!

The more I watch this show the more I am convinced its much more scripted than I originally thought. I know when they filmed at the library, Amber was told to ask for books on potty training. It will be interesting to see if those shots make the show.

I thought it was interesting that Farrah found people to help her move, but her true colors showed when she told them to take off their shoes while holding her sofa. They were doing her a favor and she was still unpleasant. I am starting to have different Caitlyn feelings. I wonder how much of their story we haven't seen.

I'm so confused by the show now! I almost think the whole thing is scripted! Does anybody know?

The Farrah thing, she's a spoiled little princess...and why do they call the house across the street her "mom's" house. If that's her actual biological mom and dad, wouldn't it be her "parents" house?

Caitlynn and the old boyfriend from 3 years ago? OK, she's 16/17 now...so we're talking about when she was 13/14? And she slept with him? Yuck yuck yuck...BUT...why would Tyler care now? That's really old news at this point! They used to be my favorites but now I don't know?

Don't care for Amber at all! Or Gary either, really. Where is Amber's mom?

Maci is OK...seems the most level headed and "normal" out of all of them.

I'm so confused by the show now! I almost think the whole thing is scripted! Does anybody know?

The Farrah thing, she's a spoiled little princess...and why do they call the house across the street her "mom's" house. If that's her actual biological mom and dad, wouldn't it be her "parents" house?

Caitlynn and the old boyfriend from 3 years ago? OK, she's 16/17 now...so we're talking about when she was 13/14? And she slept with him? Yuck yuck yuck...BUT...why would Tyler care now? That's really old news at this point! They used to be my favorites but now I don't know?

Don't care for Amber at all! Or Gary either, really. Where is Amber's mom?

Maci is OK...seems the most level headed and "normal" out of all of them.

I thought the same thing. I can't help but think this whole Caitlynn / boyfriend thing was made up to create drama so they can stay on the show whereas they aren't teen parents. I ff'd through their scenes in amongst yelling at Tyler (Don't do it!!). I can't take him seriously w/ that stupid hat on either !!

Farrah is a beast. 'nuff said:rolleyes1

Everytime they show Amber she is under a blanket and that poor baby girl is in a crib or playpen pretty much. Gary looks dirty and lazy. Although I will say, Amber has gotten a job and looks like she is taking better care of herself. :thumbsup2

Love Maci.

Farrah annoys me but I can't help but feel a little bit sorry for her. I think she comes from some real dysfunction and it's made her pretty bitter. And I can't help but feel badly for someone who has that terrible of a relationship with their parents. Especially being a single mom! I'm a single mom (and get absolutely NO help from my son's dad) and if I didn't have my parents support I don't know what I would do. It seems like Farrah's mom really loves Sofia but with the way their mom/daughter relationship is I wouldn't be surprised if Sofia doesn't have much to do with her as she gets older. I think it was pretty revealing that Farrah was adamant about not wanting her mom to go to jail. If she was really as petty and immature as everyone says she is, she could have easily embellished things or encouraged the police to put her mom in jail. I guess what I am saying is, I don't LIKE Farrah but I don't think she's as horrible as everyone makes her out to be. I think there's a lot of hurt and anger there that drives her behavior. I just hope for Sofia's sake she can put that behind her.

Amber & Gary...I don't even know what to say about them. I'm sorry but they both seem like trash to me. Amber with her multiple pregnancy scares...my goodness, if ever there was a poster child for an IUD, she is it! And Gary...I just can't respect a guy who let's his girlfriend walk all over him like that. I'm sure he's a nice guy but he needs to grow a pair!

Catelynn and Tyler....I really do like them. But as a previous poster has said, they're starting to wear on me. Too much drama! Especially considering that they are not technically teen parents. I do hope things work out for them though because they seem like nice kids :goodvibes

And I just love Maci! To me, she is the only one out of all of them who is really willing to do everything it takes to be a great mom. She understands the sacrifices that sometimes come with motherhood and doesn't whine and complain about it. Like the moving out with her friends thing...I could tell right away it wouldn't work. 3 young women living with a single mom and her baby? Not gonna happen :rotfl: But I could appreciate her desire to be independent. And I thought it was very adult of her to realize that it wouldn't be the ideal situation for Bentley to be in and decide to stay at home for the time being.

I'm really shocked by how many people dislike Gary, I think he has it together for the most part.

What the heck was up with Farrah leaving the baby outside her new apartment – what was the actual time of that? Thankfully the camera crew was there, but what if she does that when they aren’t following her – that is really disturbing..she needs to grow up and start taking care of her baby.

Amber irks me how she’s always laying around, never really engaging with the baby, Leah just roams aimlessly not getting any of the love and support that is needed.

Love Maci – she really has it together and reminds me of myself when I became a young mother and had to grow up quickly and take on the responsibility of being a Mom…

Catelynn and Tyler – He is such a Momma’s boy, which is good that he has that open communication relationship with his Mom, but it is hard to look at him with the goofy hat on sideways. I think he needs to explore life and get away from Catelynn for a little while and she needs to explore life and learn how to not depend on a guy…

I wish MTV would make Farrah and Amber take parenting classes or have someone help them and see how interaction with their babies is so very important, that they aren’t just accessories to be ignored…

Wait, no one has commented yet on the girl Gary went out with?? The girl that looked A LOT like Amber??? I found that quite interesting.

I'm not sure what to think of Gary and Amber. Sometimes the girl has good comments and other times, she's psycho.

I feel bad for Farrah's situation but that girl has a lot of growing up to do.

I like Tyler and his mom, I think he is growing up but Catelynn is a train wreck. I don't see them staying together forever.

Maci is and always has been my favorite. I was impressed with how her parents handled her idea of moving out. They didn't get upset, they just pointed out the facts. And I liked the scene with Maci talking with her friends about moving out. Very mature...I think Bentley is going to be okay.

I'm really shocked by how many people dislike Gary, I think he has it together for the most part.

I agree I'm surprised that a lot of people dislike Gary. He seems more ok than Ryan.

What the heck was up with Farrah leaving the baby outside her new apartment – what was the actual time of that? Thankfully the camera crew was there, but what if she does that when they aren’t following her – that is really disturbing..she needs to grow up and start taking care of her baby.

I also thought that was weird. If she had the left the door open I wouldn't have thought it was bad. I agree if she does that when the camera crew and friends aren't around I do worry for Sophia's safety.

I thought the same thing. I was watching it with DH last night and said - wait a minute. Is that baby in the hallway? Thought for a minute that Sophia was asleep in the carrier so she'd put her in a bedroom and closed the door while setting up. Then when she opened the door and grabbed Sophia, she was nonchalant about it. It didn't seem like it was an accident.

I hope things work out better in the future...

I love Maci. She is someone I would have been bff's with back in high school.

I feel kind of sorry for Farrah also. I was reading on another website that when she got pregnant her mother didn't want her having anything to do with the baby's father and would not allow him to be around. He has since passed in a tragic car accident, before Sophia was born, and I believe that Farrah may still hold some resentment towards her mother because of that.

http://starcasm.net/archives/27125/derekunderwood
http://www.kcci.com/news/18374996/detail.html

I haven't watched it much lately until last night. Gary coming home and telling Amber he found some girl he wanted to be with was ridiculous! I would have told him well then start packing buddy!! Then again, maybe if Amber got up off of that couch and did something it would help. Just sayin....

Caitlynn calling the ex was stupid. For what? Why contact him? He didn't even live there!

Farrah, I feel sorry for. Maybe if she had a loving, caring mom, she would know more about being one.

Maci reminds me of DD19. She's focused on her baby and everything revolves around him.

missed the 1st half hour, its coming on tonight I think @ midnight or 1 so I'll catch the 1st half hour then.
But, so Gary isn't working, but Amber is? Or are they both not working? Every time I turn around they are out to eat! If money is tight then make your meals at home, o wait Amber can't be bothered to do such a thing. And Gary, what are you thinking? I know Amber is lazy and annoying, but if you don't want to be with her and want to date other women, then you need to break it off with her. And money is tight but you are taking this chick out bowling? I'd be FURIOUS!

I think if I was Farrah I would be determined to be everything my mom wasn't to me to Sophia. I think her parents gave her everything but didn't show her much love and thats why she is the way she is. Her mom has serious control issues. And why was she so strict about giving her back the key to the house? I moved out when I was 20 and I still have my parents keys to their house, they never asked for it back. I just thought that was so weird that she didn't want her parents to know where she was living :confused3 And I am sure someone helped her out, she had to put the security deposit down rent, and what not and she got a new bed and furniture, where'd she get the money for that? Maybe it was something I missed in the first 1/2 hour. Who thinks she be living on her own for long? I just can't see it, she has no idea what to do with Sophia.

I felt bad for Maci when she came to realization that she wouldn't be living on her own.

The whole Caitlynn Tyler thing, I just totally missed the boat on that, just kept seeing her crying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter