Teen Mom Series Finale

Just listened to a sample of Farrah's cd. OMG that was a bunch of auto tuned noise! The reviews on iTunes were harsh. True. But harsh. I can totally see her trying for dancing with the stars. That girl will never give up her 15 minutes!

I thought the same thing about the pacifiers.
I have been FF thru Tyler and Catelyn for a long time now. I just dont see the relevance of them being on the show at this point. Dont care about Butch.
Amber...my goodness. She certainly has some demons. I cant believe Gary hasnt gone for custody of that child yet! I dont think either of them is perfect. But Amber is just to unsteady.
Farrah...my god. When she was at that dinner table I cringed. You could tell Daniel was all done with her at that point. Isnt she old enough to know how to be in a relationship and not to push commitments after a month?? Yikes!
I think out of the whole show I like Kyle. I think Maci still loves Ryan deep down and he still loves her deep down. I think the only reason why Ryan stil lives at home is so his mom will take care of Bently. And she always seems to have an opinion about custody. That irritates me. Ryan needs to tell him mom to stay out of it and get his own place to live with his new gf and dog.

I am really gonna miss this show lol.
Me and my DD were wondering... she said she thinks she read somewhere that Amber was actually in jail right now. Is that true?

Amber is in jail for 5 years! She chose to go to jail instead of out patient rehab. That girl is a mess!

From Wiki:

Portwood's legal issues

Footage of Amber Portwood's violent behavior towards the father of her child, Gary Shirley, prompted an investigation from the police department in Anderson, Indiana, as well as Child Protective Services. On October 20, 2010, The Today Show aired a segment revolving around the depicted domestic abuse in both seasons. NBC's Dan Abrams discussed the possible legal consequences Portwood could face under Indiana law, and under the maximum punishment, Portwood could be charged with three felonies (conducting abuse in front of a child under 14, domestic violence, along with several related misdemeanors). Police have searched Portwood's apartment, finding "evidence that requires further investigation", although they would not specify what had been found at the time it was later revealed that Portwood had been caught with a large quantity of Marijuana and Crack Cocaine.

On November 3, it was reported that Portwood agreed to allow Indiana's child protective services to monitor her for up to six months in the wake of her televised assault on ex-boyfriend Gary, which sparked hundreds of public complaints questioning her suitability to be a mother. Portwood was allowed to maintain custody of their two-year-old daughter Leah.[37] On November 18, after an extensive investigation, Portwood was charged with three counts of domestic violence for incidents of abuse inflicted on Shirley that aired on the reality show.[38] The same day, MTV released a statement concerning the charges filed on Portwood: "We are cooperating with all parties and hope for a quick and fair resolution that allows everyone involved to move forward in a positive manner."[39]

On June 15, 2011, it was reported that Portwood was considering a suicide attempt.[40] This was confirmed by a 911 call made by ex-boyfriend Gary, who was concerned over Portwood's highly unusual behavior. She was immediately transported to a local hospital, where it was determined that her mental instability caused the attempt. In December 2011, Portwood was arrested for possession of a controlled substance, which is a Class D felony. She would remain in Madison County Jail until at least January 27, 2012 for violating her probation, which included the failures of the following: behave well in society, obtain a GED certificate, complete six months of anger management, pay probation fees and set up a $10,000 college fund for her daughter, Leah.

On February 6, 2012, Portwood was sentenced to five years in prison. However, it was decided that all charges would be dropped if she went to and completed rehab.[41] In March 2012, Portwood failed to take a required drug test and faced 5 years in prison. The judge in the case did not send her to prison, but instead required another 30 days of daily drug tests.[42] In June 2012, Portwood's sentence of five years in prison was reinstated after dropping out of her rehab program.[43] On June 13, 2012, Portwood began serving her five-year sentence. She is expected during her time to attend substance abuse classes and gain her GED.[44]

Caitlin and Tyler were sad but... they don't know that stuff. None of their parents went to college, most of them didn't finish high school, they're no longer in high school so there's no guidance counselor... I can see where no, they don't get that core classes don't matter. Maybe they got scared that they would be spending that money and time and be wrong. Should've figured it out earlier though. Yes, the attachment to dawn is sad but they have so few role models at all....

This.

I can't believe how nasty some people are being. Are they totally on the ball when it comes to their education? No. However, they are light years ahead of either of their parents and it's clearly taken a lot of work for them to get where they are. Also, there is absolutely nothing about them or their behavior that is "trashy."

Before last night's episode, I had no idea that Farrah was as ridiculously inappropriate with other adults as she is with her parents. I nearly fell out of my chair listening to way she talked to her bf's dad's s.o. She didn't even seem aware that she was being rude.

And Amber's crazy "the best defense is a good offense" reaction when she was called out for canceling her visit with Leah? That girl clearly needs more therapy.

The judge in the case did not send her to prison, but instead required another 30 days of daily drug tests.[42] In June 2012, Portwood's sentence of five years in prison was reinstated after dropping out of her rehab program.[43] On June 13, 2012, Portwood began serving her five-year sentence. She is expected during her time to attend substance abuse classes and gain her GED.[44]

I can't understand for the life of me why Amber would rather go to jail. Then finish her rehab. 5 years is FOREVER she going to miss out on so much with Leah.

I can't understand for the life of me why Amber would rather go to jail. Then finish her rehab. 5 years is FOREVER she going to miss out on so much with Leah.[/QUOTE]

Because she is an addict. She can't function in real life. She loves her daughter but that child needs her mother to straighten her life out first. AS odd as it sounds to the general public, jail/prison offers many a stable environment with rules/regulations/expectations that people need and crave.

I can't understand for the life of me why Amber would rather go to jail. Then finish her rehab. 5 years is FOREVER she going to miss out on so much with Leah.

Because she is an addict. She can't function in real life. She loves her daughter but that child needs her mother to straighten her life out first. AS odd as it sounds to the general public, jail/prison offers many a stable environment with rules/regulations/expectations that people need and crave.[/QUOTE]

That might be, I doubt Amber was thinking about that when she left rehab, oh jail would be better for me all that structure. My guess the rules don't apply to her

Addicts don't typically have rational thought. AMber clearly needed help that NO ONE was willing to give her. The rehab she went to on the show was a joke.

First of all….GARY, he is getting bigger and bigger by each passing episode. OMG … how can he even breathe. :sad2:

Amber … a complete trainwreck. Its never HER FAULT … every one is to blame over and over and over again for HER problems. JAIL for 5 years. Let's hope that is enough time to straighten up. I am guessing Amber has also lost her chance to ever have partial or any sort of custody of Leah. Yes, and I also agree … when Leah calls herself "my Leah" it is just so adorable. Did I hear Amber called her LEAH JULIA … what a pretty name! So Leah is what 3 or 4 and now add 5 years to that … yikes so sad. I am guessing Gary will NOT bring Leah to see Amber IN JAIL.

Farrah …. a complete MORON. MY LORD, did she act like a complete FOOL with Daniel in TX. "I don't like to date more than 3 months before getting married OR at least engaged" …. ARE.YOU.KIDDING.ME. Ugh. She is one rude and nasty person. I just read while at the hair salon that Farrah abuses drugs … here is the article … http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...abraham-drugs-adderall-xanax-alcohol-says-pal

Maci … just try Maci and Ryan to have at least one epi where the two of you are getting along. Sheesh. It gets annoying and tiring watching them argue over and over again. I think Maci still loves Ryan. Period.

C&T, I FF through them.

First of all….GARY, he is getting bigger and bigger by each passing episode. OMG … how can he even breathe. :sad2:

Amber … a complete trainwreck. Its never HER FAULT … every one is to blame over and over and over again for HER problems. JAIL for 5 years. Let's hope that is enough time to straighten up. I am guessing Amber has also lost her chance to ever have partial or any sort of custody of Leah. Yes, and I also agree … when Leah calls herself "my Leah" it is just so adorable. Did I hear Amber called her LEAH JULIA … what a pretty name! So Leah is what 3 or 4 and now add 5 years to that … yikes so sad. I am guessing Gary will NOT bring Leah to see Amber IN JAIL.

Farrah …. a complete MORON. MY LORD, did she act like a complete FOOL with Daniel in TX. "I don't like to date more than 3 months before getting married OR at least engaged" …. ARE.YOU.KIDDING.ME. Ugh. She is one rude and nasty person. I just read while at the hair salon that Farrah abuses drugs … here is the article … http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...abraham-drugs-adderall-xanax-alcohol-says-pal

Maci … just try Maci and Ryan to have at least one epi where the two of you are getting along. Sheesh. It gets annoying and tiring watching them argue over and over again. I think Maci still loves Ryan. Period.

C&T, I FF through them.
You watch this show too?:goodvibes

Amber is one messed up girl. My heart breaks for poor Leah. And Farrah is horrible. That guy dodged a bullet by dumping her.

Addicts don't typically have rational thought. AMber clearly needed help that NO ONE was willing to give her. The rehab she went to on the show was a joke.

Amber could have gone and gotten the incredible amounts of help that have been available to her for years.

She chooses not to. I get she's an addict and it's not that simple, but she is also choosing to not do anything about being an addict - or a h.s. dropout, or etc., etc.

I don't actually get the notion that she cares particularly for Leah - her interactions with her from the beginning have seemed entirely fake to me, like what she thinks maternal love is supposed to look or sound like.

I also suspect she went to jail because it was simpler than dealing with getting in trouble, having to pretend to not use, etc., all the time. In jail she can just hang out and get high and whine about how bad her life is because of Gary and how much she misses Leah and whatever else she feels will garner sympathy.

C&T are on the show, imo, because they're the only redeeming things about it. They're the most mature people on the show, all other Teen Mom's parents included, they seem to have a stable, respectful, adult relationship; they speak to each other with respect and deal with things as adults. They take care of their completely immature, useless parents (sometimes save Tyler's mother) - to the point of sending April supportive flowers in last week's episode.

They have jobs (Maci - that's when you leave the house for something besides whining to your girlfriends about your endless bf drama), they're trying. They're not doing everything right, or on time, no.

However, if you said two kids were born to high school dropout addict parents who lived in a desperately economically depressed area, who were repeatedly arrested and jailed for all manner of things and those teens themselves got pregnant in h.s. - the odds of two years later both of them having graduated h.s., having jobs (and they don't even "have" to, given the MTV money, but they both do), having made the choice they did with the baby, being on their own in a stable relationship, in a clean, safe living space of their own? Astronomical.

like does farah have any experience in having a boyfriend more than 3 months anyway....her only real boyfriend was sophias father...we havent seen anyone since then other than the neighbor and he probably caught on real quick(smart boy).

is it any wonder that she cant hold on to anyone..shes such a witch.

i felt so bad for the s.o. of daniels father.it was almost like a slap in her face.i really cringe when i watch the show but just cant stop.

C&T are on the show, imo, because they're the only redeeming things about it. They're the most mature people on the show, all other Teen Mom's parents included, they seem to have a stable, respectful, adult relationship; they speak to each other with respect and deal with things as adults. They take care of their completely immature, useless parents (sometimes save Tyler's mother) - to the point of sending April supportive flowers in last week's episode.

Cornflake, I don't agree with you on a lot, but this point I do!

I like that MTV has kept C&T on the show, even though it's called Teen Mom. Their story shows how hard life is even after giving up the baby for adoption. Meaning-Don't get pregnant in the 1st place because even when you give up the baby the experience is life altering!

Also, I still don't understand how C&T live in a mobile home, Maci rented a nice home with Kyle and then HE bought their new house, Farrah lived off her parents before moving to Fl. How in the world was Amber going to afford that Mansion of a rental house she went to look at?? Really?! How much did MTV pay that guy to let them in the door?

It remains a mystery to all of us how MTV pays these kiddos.

Other reality shows like on Bravo and TLC have stated that they pay every adult (21yo and older) on the show. Hence, to me anyway, why we are seeing all the MANZO adult children on RHofNJ. All they have to do is show up, drink, eat and exchange words with their family and Bravo pays them. On TLC, its been noted that all 5 adults on Sister Wives gets a check.

So back to Teen Mom … there has been discussion from the beginning that these young ladies were too young to receive an actual check and money was put away for them in some interest bearing account until they are 21yo. So like I said … its a mystery to me how MTV pays them.

:confused3

Also, I still don't understand how C&T live in a mobile home, Maci rented a nice home with Kyle and then HE bought their new house, Farrah lived off her parents before moving to Fl. How in the world was Amber going to afford that Mansion of a rental house she went to look at?? Really?! How much did MTV pay that guy to let them in the door?

I think since C&T don't actually have a child they get less money then the other girls.

Also I would like to clarify the reason I am FFing through C&T is simply because their story has turned more and more to ABUSE with Butch and April.

I applaud C&T over and over and over again for their WONDERFUL ACTIONS to put their sweet baby girl, Carly up for adoption. I cannot imagine in my lifetime the pain they experienced doing that but that they love Carly so so so much that they chose a better life for her than the dysfunction we see weekly going on in their households.

Nick … that sweet little boy … OMG, April better divorce Butch before the authorities step in and April loses custody of Nick.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter