Teen Loft & Activities

mortman05

Earning My Ears
How strict is the cruise line with the ages of who is in the teen area?
My dilema is I have 3 sons, 12, 16 and 18. The oldest two are in wheelchairs. They are physically disabled, but mentally very intelligent. The three do not like to be around DH and DW all of the time, but when we are apart, they need to stay together. The 12 yr old handles doors, elevator buttons, getting food, etc.
I am sure they all would love some of the activities in this area, but they need to stay together.
Will the cruise allow this with two being just outside of the age limits?
On average they fit :)
Thanks!

How strict is the cruise line with the ages of who is in the teen area?
My dilema is I have 3 sons, 12, 16 and 18. The oldest two are in wheelchairs. They are physically disabled, but mentally very intelligent. The three do not like to be around DH and DW all of the time, but when we are apart, they need to stay together. The 12 yr old handles doors, elevator buttons, getting food, etc.
I am sure they all would love some of the activities in this area, but they need to stay together.
Will the cruise allow this with two being just outside of the age limits?
On average they fit :)
Thanks!

Your 18 year old would probably be allowed unless he has already started College or University. As long as he is either still in HS or just finished but not yet off to Post Secondary, he'll be allowed in the teen area. I'm not sure about the 12 year old. I think that would be something you'll have to discuss with CM's once on board, or call DCL directly and ask this question.

Your question brings up a question from me. Are the Stack and LOFT wheel chair accessable? I've only seen stairs. Does anyone know?

There is elevator access to the Loft but according to my daughter who just spent the whole last week in the Loft (we hardly saw her - lol) she said there is a lot of furniture and stuff so she isn't sure how easy it would be to get around in a wheelchair. That said...Disney wants everyone to have the best time possible so I'm sure they would be willing to make things as easy as possible.
As far as the 12 year old...when will he be turning 13? I believe if you are turning 13 within 3 months of sailing you are allowed in the Teen Club. I think this is what I read..maybe someone else can clarify.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter