• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Teen Junkaroo

ryjoe300

Earning My Ears
HAS ANYONE HAD THEIR TEENS PARTICIPATE IN THE TEEN JUNKAROO? DID THEY ENJOY IT?

We were on the Magic in Aug of 1999 and my then 13 year old went. He really enjoyed it. I just asked him (he is 17 now) if he remember going on it and did he like it and he said he does remember having fun on it!!

I think it all depends on the teen and how they are feeling on the cruise with the other teens as well. I made friends during the trip, yet wasn't interested in participating in the Junkaroo. A bunch of teens did it and seemed to enjoy it, but it didn't appeal to me personally at the time. Some of the teens who kept to themselves weren't interested in going because they never really talked to the other people. On the other hand, some of the quiet ones did go and had a good time. The thing with teens and the disney cruise is they generally form cliques (from what I've seen being a teen on 4 cruises) Like I said, it all depends on the teen and how he/she feels about it at the time of the trip. Your best bet would be to wait till he/she gets the feel of things/other people before he/she decides if they are interested. But, either way, I think they'd have a good bonding experience.

My 2 teen sons have already done it twice and are signed up again for it....they must have liked it or they would have told me not to sign them up again. It's basically a 2-3 hr dance on a boat/catamaran type thing. They have a DJ, limbo, refreshments and some teens can just go to hang out. The counselors go w/ them also.

My 15 year old DD just went on it in April and loved it. She had a great time.

HBC

I was signed up to go on it this past Halloween cruise, but not enough people were going.

I agree that a teen should be comfortable with making new friends and opening up to people. On my first cruise I didn't have much fun cus there were so many cliques, but the second cruise I had a lot more fun cus I met someone on DIS who was going too! It also depends on the counselors. The first cruise they sort of joined in on the cliques, but the second one they paid attention to everyone.

I say go for it. The teen junkaroo should be a blast!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter