Teen daughter bringing a friend - need 2 rooms now - where to stay?

displanner

Earning My Ears
We are planning for a trip to WDW next summer. My 14 yr old is bringing a friend which means we will need two adjoining rooms (or two bedrooms)...we want to stay on-site.

Does anyone have any hotel recommendations for this arrangement? Thanks in advance!

Almost every Disney hotel has adjoining rooms. Unfortunately, this can't be guarenteed, only requested. Disney doesn't like to guarentee anything ahead of time. One solution might be a Wilderness cabin or a suite that sleeps more than 4.

I am considering the Wilderness cabin. Guess I will look into suites, also.

Do all the Disney resorts have suites? (Going to start reading my Unofficial Guide book tonight....just bought it today)

I think the FWCabins is going to the best bang for the buck.

I would go hands down to them if you need the extra room - but be forwarned you will most likely see people driving those golf carts around while you are waiting at the bus stop :p --- they set you back another $45 a night...so keep this in mind when they quote you a rate. And its a good idea to book a golf cart in advance by calling the bike barn before you get there.

Almost all the deluxe resorts have suites as well as CSR --- but they are extremely pricey - like 4-5x's more a night (I would say at least $800+ a night for a two bedroom).

Or you can opt for a home away from home but you will may at least $400+ there for a two bedroom and you will still only have 2 REAL beds...and 2 pull-outs.

I'd go for the $200 something at FWCabins.

Will DEFINITELY look into FW cabin. But about those golf carts: Are you saying that when they quote me a room rate it includes a golf cart? I don't want or need a golf cart.

No, i think mousehut is referring to the amount of people who rent carts to get around FW. The resort is quite expansive but they have an interior bus system. We have stayed 3 times there and never had a problem getting around on the busses. They do not put the cart prices in their quotes. That is a seperate transaction altogether. Hope this helps.

With 2 teenage girls, I would consider All Star Music. They would probably enjoy the theming:D And Pop Century should be open by then too so you could get 2 connecting shiny new resort rooms :smooth:

I think 2 teenage girls would love to have "their own" room at the All Stars. How nice of you to take your daughter's friend along.:D I would go with 2 connecting rooms over a suite or cabin simply for the bathroom space. Go with whatever gives you 2 bathrooms!:D

Last year, my daughter brought a friend along - they were both 14 at the time. I opted for 2 rooms at CBR (I had a good rate with a code). We requested connecting rooms and we did get them. This was the best thing I ever did. Not only did the girls love having their own room, we had two bathrooms. We were all very happy!! If you decide to do this, keep in mind that adjoining rooms means next to each other and connecting rooms means you will have a door between the rooms.

Another option would be to stay in a resort that sleeps 5 in a room. I assume from your post you will only have four though.

This summer my DD brought a friend. Her friend slept on the daybed in the room. We all also joined the health club for the week. There we had privileges for working out and also using the showers and bathrooms. It worked out better than I expected.

I guess it all depends on the rates for the rooms as to which works out better for you.:D

With two teenage girls I would go for the TWO connecting rooms at the hotel of your choice. This gives you two bathrooms which will help speed things up in the morning and whenever you all need to get ready. Plus it will provide more room to spread out the clothes etc. The cabin only has one bathroom and the same with most one bedroom suites or home away from homes. I would pick a theme you all might enjoy and pick a hotel that way. Good luck and it sounds fun!

Are campers not allowed to take autos into the campground? I don't understand the need for the golf cart.

We went to FW a few years ago on our day of departure (beanie search, of course). We were not able to drive to the gift shop in the recesses of the resort. The suggested we take the internal bus.

Pressed for time, we declined, but what are the rules on driving in the campground?

thanks,
Ronda

How many total in your group?
How many adults?
From what I understand if you reserve 2 rooms and there are 2 or fewer adults....meaning the rest of the group are minors......They have to give you connecting rooms.
They cannot have minors alone in a room.
I would call and confirm this.

But I would definitely go with 2 connecting rooms...giving you 2 bathrooms!!:D

Originally posted by Ronda93
Are campers not allowed to take autos into the campground? I don't understand the need for the golf cart.

We went to FW a few years ago on our day of departure (beanie search, of course). We were not able to drive to the gift shop in the recesses of the resort. The suggested we take the internal bus.

Pressed for time, we declined, but what are the rules on driving in the campground?

thanks,
Ronda

Ronda,

The official rules are cars are strickly to get to your campsite/cabin and off the resort property. You must take the bus or a golf cart anywhere internally - there is almost no parking anywhere for autos except one of the trading posts...

I'm not sure of your budget or if you are an AP holder, but the dolphin has Jr Suites with an AP rate of $292(at least that is what I'm paying in Dec). It is 2 connecting rooms with 2 bathrooms. One room has a king sico(murphy) bed and the other has a king bed and a queen sofa bed. This is about the same price as 2 discounted rooms at the dolphin. The advantage is you get a nicer view and central location in the hotel. This is also probably comparable with 2 rack rate rooms at moderate hotels cost-wise.

Thanks everyone for all your great input! I was feeling a bit overwhelmed last night but I am now starting to feel more focused and have a better idea of what to look for and where to look for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter