Teen activities at HH???

treloarf

DIS Veteran
We'll be leaving for HH in 2 weeks (3 families). We have several boys who are in their teens. Are there any activities for teens there?

Yes, they had teen only activities, but my kids are too young to be able to tell you about them. The DVC site has discriptions.

Besides kayaking, canoeing, fishing, golf, tennis, shelling, biking, swimming, horseback riding, crabbing and Dolphin tours there are also some activities specifically for them ("Teens Night Out"- pizza and a movie for ages 13-17). Many of the other activities are also enjoyed by that age group.

Enjoy!

When we were there a few weeks ago, DS16 and his friend really enjoyed hanging out at the beach and the beach house. They brought skim boards (definitely attracts the teenaged girls :rolleyes: ). There is also a basketball goal and volleyball net set up at the beach house pool; always seemed to be other teens around for a pickup "game".

There are ping pong tables at both the resort and the beach house, and of course, the pool table at Big Murgie's Den is a teen magnet.

My son has met many other teens there over the years; some have been there more than once while we're there. Of course, email keeps them in touch for their own sort of trip planning. ;)

BTW, I was surprised that DS wanted to do the Teen Night Out while we were there -- not just once, but twice! (Another way of meeting other teens -- especially the girls!) They saw Dodgeball the first time and Spiderman 2 the second time. The CMs who accompany them are young (usually college interns) and relate to the kids well.

I don't think you will have to worry about them being bored, as long as they're willing to take a little initiative in finding other kids their age!

Yep, DD met her boyfriend at HHI. It turns out he lives 6 miles from our home, but they both had to go to HHI to meet because they go to different schools.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter