Technical questions

I wouldn't be without my electric toothbrush either!

I don't think I could use a "normal" toothbrush now after having an electric one for years actually.

I know DW actually bought herself a cheap hairdryer from K-Mart (only about $8) when she was over there once because hers wouldn't work on US voltage. Now she takes it on every trip, leaving her regular one at home.

Regarding mobile phones - our charger wouldn't work at all in the US, obviously because of the voltage issue. This was years ago though, so it may well be the case that newer ones are fine. We just bought an ordinary Nokia charger in Walmart for about $7, and we always take that now - the plug pins fold flat, and it is as light as anything.

I also bought a hairdryer years ago in the US, and always take this, but the travel ones here with dual voltage are just as good. If they don't have dual voltage, they just run really slowly and take forever to dry your hair!

We use an electric brush at home but take a battery one on hols, much easier than one that has to be recharged.
Claire ;)

susieh said:
As we use an electric toothbrush at home we take it on holiday with us. I expect most men who use electric razors take those rather than switching to wet shaving on holiday - this is the same logic to me.

Same with my BF and I. I'm not very good at brushing so I rely heavily on my electric toothbrush and my BF has very sensitive skin that reacts badly to wet shaving (like a rash all over his face).

I was wondering (since my toothbrush and his shaver are both rechargable), wouldn't it just take a lot longer for them to recharge when using a US current as long as you've got an adaptor?
I remember taking my hair dryer to the US and it was just really slow compared to here.

I think I'll check the voltage and stuff.. and see if my parents have a voltage adaptor (if not I'll be looking everywhere on Monday for one!).

I may be corrected on this but i have a feeling that my battery charger works on a set timer for the UK power to complete a charge. So over in the US it completed in the normal time but i found that the batteries drained much quicker hence the lower voltage didnt change the amount of time. I took to double charging them to get them topped up.

VSL said:
I was wondering (since my toothbrush and his shaver are both rechargable), wouldn't it just take a lot longer for them to recharge when using a US current as long as you've got an adaptor?

Our (Braun) electric toothbrush is rechargeable but would not charge at all in the US. It seems that most electric razors are multi-voltage but toothbrushes are not. We had 2 'handsets' and found that the charge lasted just about 2 weeks if we each brushed twice a day but they were almost flat by the end of the holiday. We decided that as we travel to the US most years it was worth buying a new one out there (and if anything it was more expensive than here) because we can use it here on the 110v socket in our bathroom

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter