• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Technical question about the safari

It is to keep the animals from crossing into different sections of the Safari. There are many hidden barricades that look natural to you so that the animals stay in their specified areas. The chains are basically a last resort because most of the animals hooves and paws can't get grip on those chains so they will not go through. However, they do not hurt the animals in anyway and for the most part save their lives, because no one needs an antelope of some type in the crocodile area during their Safari if you know what I mean.

Now as for the natural barricades that are hard to see, I believe all of the animals can't even get to the chains but if they ever do the chains are there to stop them.

I'm so confused. I had no idea there were some animatronic animals in the Safari. I thought that was just Jungle Cruise. I guess it's just in case all the animal aren't visible or hiding? I always thought the chains were to keep the mud and dirt out of the tires for traction. Oh wells.

We were there in April and I think the alligators were not "functioning" properly...it was pretty apparent to us they were not real... ;)
The alligators are not real?! And I was so mollified to finally see some "gators" in Florida!!! o_O

Jokes. It's all just jokes about the animatronics.

The safari used to have one random animatronic elephant at the end (it was part of the storyline). He's gone now, and all other animals are real.

Oh right!!! Wasn't it something about poaching? I completely forgot about that!

I've been told the chains activate the animatronic animals as a safari truck approaches. After a few minutes the robot animals stop moving until the next activation.
I don't remember robot animals!!!!!!!!

Oh right!!! Wasn't it something about poaching? I completely forgot about that!

His name was Little Red. He was captured by poachers and turned into a volleyball for the movie Castaway. The poachers cruelly named this volleyball Wilson, after the man who tried but failed to save him.

This is an absolute fact.

Jokes. It's all just jokes about the animatronics.

The safari used to have one random animatronic elephant at the end (it was part of the storyline). He's gone now, and all other animals are real.

agreed - all of the animals are real - although I'm thinking the ostrich eggs are not (or they are taking years to hatch) ...nor are the termite mounds (hard as concrete!) and the baobob trees....

1187122.gif

Would any of you be interested in some lunar real estate? I'm having a Memorial Day sale.

I always thought it was to prevent the animals from crossing into another area. There was a show on maybe the travel channel one time where they showed a lot of the behind the scenes stuff in the Safari. Hollow logs where they place food to keep the animals nearby, structures in the water to keep the hippos from climbing out and onto the path, etc. It was pretty neat and since watching I'm always on the lookout for these things when I'm on the ride.

Simba one to Wilson...we have ostrich eggs missing from the savanna

I'd like to thank you guys for the info as well as some entertainment along the way. Thanks tigger for the confirmation.

I always thought it was to prevent the animals from crossing into another area. There was a show on maybe the travel channel one time where they showed a lot of the behind the scenes stuff in the Safari. Hollow logs where they place food to keep the animals nearby, structures in the water to keep the hippos from climbing out and onto the path, etc. It was pretty neat and since watching I'm always on the lookout for these things when I'm on the ride.

That is what they are for. Do you know what cattle guards are? This is the Disney version of cattle guards. The animals won't walk across certain things, as they know they are uncomfortable/dangerous for them to step on.

To piggyback on everyone else, at this point ALL of the animals are real. And if you take the Wild Africa Trek they talk about the containment methods they use. The chains are to keep certain species in their area. The warthogs are kept in by the ditch that you can't see. The lions have special containment, etc. Its actually rather interesting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter