• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Technical On-line ADR Question

SSR Lover

Mouseketeer
I have a different question about the on-line ADR's. For some reason, my computer won't let me go on certain websites. (I can use Facebook, but my kids can't go on Webkinz:confused3). I have always had trouble with the WDW and DCL websites if I'm trying to price out a trip, for example. It will just say "processing your request" and won't continue through the process. My ADR day is coming up in about two weeks, so I thought I would check out the WDW website to get an idea for how it works. Of course, the same thing happens. So, I'm thinking it must be a setting on my firewall or something that needs to be changed, but I can't figure out what it is. Has anyone else had this type of problem with their computer? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

I have very limited computer knowledge but my first thought is turn off your pop up blocker and see if that makes a difference.

I'm a computer systems/network engineer and I have to be honest about this one -- it's almost impossible to diagnose from the limited info we have. It is possible that it's a firewall. Sometimes your antivirus software has a firewall that'll try to run concurrently with the Windows Firewall and cause these sorts of problems. You may have also installed a plugin or browser helper object that's causing this. Or, it could be a virus or trojan.. you do have updated antivirus installed, right?

As a workaround to get this working, you may want to try installing Firefox as an alternate to Internet Explorer. That way you'll preserve everything you have without breaking anything in the process. You can continue to use everything as you're used to except when you get to a web site that seems broken, you can fire up Firefox (pun unintentional) and bring it up from there.

I'm a computer systems/network engineer and I have to be honest about this one -- it's almost impossible to diagnose from the limited info we have. It is possible that it's a firewall. Sometimes your antivirus software has a firewall that'll try to run concurrently with the Windows Firewall and cause these sorts of problems. You may have also installed a plugin or browser helper object that's causing this. Or, it could be a virus or trojan.. you do have updated antivirus installed, right?

As a workaround to get this working, you may want to try installing Firefox as an alternate to Internet Explorer. That way you'll preserve everything you have without breaking anything in the process. You can continue to use everything as you're used to except when you get to a web site that seems broken, you can fire up Firefox (pun unintentional) and bring it up from there.

Thanks for the info! Yes, all my security software is up-to-date. I think the issue is firewall related. (I did turn off my firewall briefly and I was able to log my son onto Webkinz). I'll look into Firefox. I have to make a LeCellier ressie for 8, so hopefully I can figure this out in time to make my ADR's.

The best suggestion I can make is, like everything else in life, make sure it works BEFORE the time comes up when you need to make that ADR!

Firefox is far superior to IE anyway so you have nothing to lose there!

Another computer professional here...and I've had similar problems,too. I've found most everything on WDW's web site works with Firefox, except the ADR system. It will allow me to go through the process of finding an ADR and adding it to my cart...but it wont go through the checkout process. I have to switch to MS Internet Explorer if I'm going to use the online ADR system. Thats my experience.....sometimes companies will code something that just wont work on firefox and you have to use IE. That's my experience at least....your milage may vary though.

I've found most everything on WDW's web site works with Firefox, except the ADR system.

This isn't true in general. I have made probably 15 ADRs (including ones I have canceled when we changed our plans) without any issues with Firefox, even running running on a Linux box. (Specifically, I have used FF 3.0 under Linux and FF 3.5 under Windows.)

To the OP, I suspect there is something in your security settings blocking the site, but it's difficult to say without more details and some experimentation. (I'm not sure I should suggest this, but here goes.) If you're connected to the Internet via a router, it's probably okay to temporarily shut down your firewall for the time to make your ADRs and then reenable it afterward. As suggested above, try it before your deadline. (Try making a res for 2 at an odd time at a low demand restaurant less than 90 days out which you can cancel quickly once you have verified it works.)

I booked all my ADR's with Firefox. In the case where it works in one browser but not another, it's NOT the browser itself, rather something else attached to it. In Firefox, check Tools->Add-ons. If you run AdBlock, you may have accidentally blocked some necessary code; try disabling it on the disney site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter