Technical Fastpass + question: how EXACTLY do I "keep checking for availability"

GAJulie

Earning My Ears
OK, so last night at midnight was the opening of my 60 day window. I got all of the fastpasses I wanted, EXCEPT for the ever-elusive Anna and Elsa. Everyone, everywhere keeps telling me to "keep checking" because people change their plans. I've been checking in obsessively, and I will continue to do so, but I just realized I think I'm doing it wrong!!!

There are 5 in my party. At times, we all have the same fastpass, and at times we are split. For our two Magic Kingdom days, there is one fastpass where 3 in the group will be doing a roller coaster, while my little one and I do something else. I'd like that to be Anna & Elsa on one of the days.

For now, I have filled in our fastpasses with a substitute. Then I go into the MDE app and select "change fastpass" and try to change that single reservation to a different experience. Tonight, I just realized that I think it's only looking for a substitute experience during that same window of time. How do I need to do this to open up the time window to all day and maximize our chances?

Thanks in advance!!!!

OK, I'm a little rusty but will give this one a go (trip last early Dec). When I was obsessively hunting for MSEP FP+, I went the route of booking new FP for a day, but never confirmed them. That way it was pulling from all of the options. At least that is what I remember....good luck! Sending pixie dust!

I found that the computer was better than the app for most changes and allowed you to change ride and time simultaneously...click on change experience, and I think you could see times available that didn't conflict with your other fp+.

I think some have had success getting that particular fastpass by splitting the party. What I mean, is they book maybe 2 people , and then another 2 people, and so on. This might get you one return time of say, 3-4, and the next one 3:10-4:10, and then 3:30-4:30. there might not be enough at any one time to get everyone booked in the same slot, so it shows no availability at all, but if you look at how that example is timed, you have a window of 3:30-4 where everyone could get in line at the same time. Even if they are a little off and not exactly overlapping, the castmember at the screen where you scan your magicband may give a little leeway to an early or late arrival if it's less than 10 minutes. They have for my family in the past.

i had a similar problem with 7DMT.

"Changing" a ride.. even individually, the ride would not show up.

What worked: individually, doing a "select/replace". I was able to get 4 overlapping FPs this way. Once achieved, I could tweak the times to increase the overlap

Just yesterday there was a ton of available times for A&E on 9/22 for a party of 4. DH and I played around with times all afternoon. Just keep trying. Good luck!

Thanks so much, everyone! I really appreciate it!

I'm only looking for the fastpass for just 2 of us, but I never even thought of splitting up and then trying to overlap! That's a great idea...maybe I will be able to get a couple of singles.

I agree with telling the system you want to change experience your substitute FP for just you. If you are able to get A&E, select it.

Next, click the copy feature on the page that with the select, change, copy boxes. Select yourself as the person to be copied and then your daughter as the person to have it copied to.

If that doesn't work, try the overlapping times option.

I agree with telling the system you want to change experience your substitute FP for just you. If you are able to get A&E, select it.

Next, click the copy feature on the page that with the select, change, copy boxes. Select yourself as the person to be copied and then your daughter as the person to have it copied to.

If that doesn't work, try the overlapping times option.

Great advice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter