Techie sort of question

DVC~OKW~96

<font color=green>I'm not big on gold as a color.
Not sure if anyone here can answer, but you are the only ones I trust, so I'll ask.

What makes some videos on youtube load so slowly? I run into some that take ages to load, yet I'll open another window and watch another (in a series in this instance) and it will be fine.

Is there anything to do about it, or just be patient and wait?

Not sure if anyone here can answer, but you are the only ones I trust, so I'll ask.

What makes some videos on youtube load so slowly? I run into some that take ages to load, yet I'll open another window and watch another (in a series in this instance) and it will be fine.

Is there anything to do about it, or just be patient and wait?

I would guess that the load time is mostly determined by the file size which is based on the length and resolution of the video. I can't think of any way to speed it up. :surfweb:

Wow! Thank you for answering. :) If I run into a slow loading video I just go on about my business and let it load and run. Then I replay it. If it happens too often, I just skip that video and go on exploring for something else.

Thanks again for answering!

YouTube compresses most videos so they have a relatively fast loading time.....although I'm not too sure about videos on "sponsored accounts". (The ones with ads/promotional material off on the right side of the screen.) I've been told the majority of the time it has to do with the network or them doing service to the site itself, which means there's not much you can do about it. This has to at least be partially true because sometimes I'll try to watch a video and it takes a loooong time to load so I close it, but then I'll try watching the exact same one the next day and it completely loads in a couple seconds.

Ain't technology grand? :woohoo:

Just want to add that Youtube has been doing a lot of network maintenance recently (and that can cause slowdowns like MonorailMan said). If you didn't catch the news, they are offering full-lenght TV shows and movies now. Those can tend to bog-down the network while they get everything settled in.

Thanks for the additional info! I knew they were doing some maintenance recently. Didn't realize they were going to offer full length shows and movies!

How can they do that? I mean, it has to be legal I know, but I thought you could only put up videos that you had created? :confused3

Thanks for the additional info! I knew they were doing some maintenance recently. Didn't realize they were going to offer full length shows and movies!

How can they do that? I mean, it has to be legal I know, but I thought you could only put up videos that you had created? :confused3

YouTube is apparently becoming "TheyTube".

YouTube is apparently becoming "TheyTube".

:rotfl:

They will be airing some TV shows that are no longer on the air (StarTrek and 90210 were 2 I remember) as well as independant films. They will be fully lisenced and posted by their owners.

User-submitted videos still will be limited to 10 minutes.

Oh. I wonder how that will work then, I mean compensation-wise. Not that it matters to me a bit, just wondering.

Youtube is handy for looking up a random thing or two, but I don't use it for much else than that.

I did search a few QAF episodes, but jaysus what a mess to wade through! :laughing: It was easier to buy the series. :goodvibes

It's a good resource though. Glad to have it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter