• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Team Renfroe's 2nd Trip Report - 1,500 pictures, dining reviews, and DISmeets!

Noooo!! Not the last day.

The storm trooper interaction with the crowd at opening was good. I think it was Lessa that posted some video of it.

AWWW. I just got a little sad thinking about the last day.... On the bright side, how cool was that having Star Wars week-end for the last day! :goodvibes

I'm so bummed this is the last day!! I felt like this TR would just go on and on....when it ends, what am I gonna do with all my free time??? I really need to know that there's another Team Renfroe TR in my future...have you thought about when you're going back?

Alan, been reading along but not posting. I will truly miss not having your trip to keep up with. You will simply have to go again. AND have another Meet! I think all of us have felt like part of your family!

Thoughts of you and your family this morning my husband is biking on the Silver Comet/Chief ? Trail and I just got a text he is in Piedmont. I told him if he made out your way be sure to bring me a hot dog.

Hello everyone! So sorry to go so long without an update - life is just soooo busy right now! Anyway, I hope you all had a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving! Now.....back to the trip report:

While Wil and I rode Tower of Terror and Rock 'N Roller Coaster twice, Elizabeth and Juliana were doing their own thing. Based on Cammie's trip report with her daugher, Lauren, Juliana had been wanting to go to the Magic of Disney animation.....so Elizabeth and Juliana, after getting FastPasses for Toy Story Mania, went to that attraction:

08-035.jpg

08-042.jpg

I thought the girls did a great job with their artwork! Check it out:

08-043.jpg

08-044.jpg

After that, Juliana got to meet a friend!

08-037.jpg

08-038.jpg

08-039.jpg

08-040.jpg

08-041.jpg

After that, the four of us all met back up and rode The Great Movie Ride:

08-045.jpg

After the ride, we just sort of walked around a bit enjoying different Star Wars characters as they roamed throughout the park. I thought this was cool: Jedi Mickey!

08-046.jpg

08-047.jpg

08-049.jpg

08-050.jpg

We were going to go to one of the Star Wars live shows, but there were soooooo many people....and time was getting away from us, so we didn't go:

08-051.jpg

We had FastPasses for Toy Story Mania, so we went back and rode one last time.

08-052.jpg

After Toy Story Mania, we went to the Indiana Jones attraction. This was our first time...and we all enjoyed it!

08-053.jpg

08-058.jpg

08-054.jpg

08-057.jpg

After the show, it was time to leave Disney's Hollywood Studios. We had a reservation for lunch at Wolfgang Puck's at Downtown Disney.

Coming up next: lunch at Wolfgang Puck's

We've missed you Alan. Hope you and the family had a great Thanksgiving. Lots has been going on in our house (son's car totaled, my DH has to have 7 shots on Friday for a protruding disc (it's in my thread "What Would You Do" on the resort page).

So funny- After Cammie & Kara left, Lonnie and I went into the Animation stuff because of Cammie's TR!! :laughing: She's very persuasive!!

So sad this is coming to the end- glad you are all doing well (although busy) and happy you had a nice Thanksgiving!

Glad to see you back !!! I went to Animation once but didn't get o do the sketches ! My Boss is taking her son this summer for his graduation gift and he want to be an animator soooo sheis very interested in this attrction!! Plus I told her about the lunch with the animator !!!

Hi Alan!

Glad to see your posts again! And (belated) Happy Thanksgiving!

Loved the photos of Juliana with Mickey. That was a BIG hug!!

Regards,

Luis

Hey Alan, great to see a update from you! Jedi Mickey is cute! and I HAVE to take Kayla to do the drawing thing too! She would love it! I always walk away with good ideas from your TR! Can't wait to read about WP..maybe a new place for us to try!

Happy Holidays :hug:

What an excellent morning at DHS! The girls did great on their drawings of Tink. :thumbsup2

I'm looking forward to your review of Wolfgang Puck, I have only ever read a couple of them from the TS...I'm hoping it's as good as the CS!

We've missed you Alan. Hope you and the family had a great Thanksgiving. Lots has been going on in our house (son's car totaled, my DH has to have 7 shots on Friday for a protruding disc (it's in my thread "What Would You Do" on the resort page).

We did have a great Thanksgiving....I've just never been busier in my life. I think I was a little naive to think that the hot dog restaurant would not occupy ALL of my time. Sorry to hear about your son's car and hubby's back situation. (I struggle with back issues myself.) Hope you all have a wonderful holiday season!

So funny- After Cammie & Kara left, Lonnie and I went into the Animation stuff because of Cammie's TR!! :laughing: She's very persuasive!!

So sad this is coming to the end- glad you are all doing well (although busy) and happy you had a nice Thanksgiving!

Yeah, Cammie's trip reports definitely have had an effect on our plans! The girls really enjoyed the animation attraction, and it provided a nice break from the hot day.

Hope all is well with you, Pods, and the boys! Have a wonderful holiday season!

Glad to see you back !!! I went to Animation once but didn't get o do the sketches ! My Boss is taking her son this summer for his graduation gift and he want to be an animator soooo sheis very interested in this attrction!! Plus I told her about the lunch with the animator !!!

Hi Rosie! Definitely a neat attraction that your boss' son will enjoy. Hope all is well with you!

Hi Alan!

Glad to see your posts again! And (belated) Happy Thanksgiving!

Loved the photos of Juliana with Mickey. That was a BIG hug!!

Regards,

Luis

Hello Luis! Hope all is well with you and your family. Will Santa be visiting Valeria this year?

Yeah, that was a big hug for Mickey, wasn't it? Last two chapters are coming up.

Hey Alan, great to see a update from you! Jedi Mickey is cute! and I HAVE to take Kayla to do the drawing thing too! She would love it! I always walk away with good ideas from your TR! Can't wait to read about WP..maybe a new place for us to try!

Happy Holidays :hug:

Hey IUM! Best wishes for a wonderful holiday season. Last couple of chapters of my report are on the way.

What an excellent morning at DHS! The girls did great on their drawings of Tink. :thumbsup2

I'm looking forward to your review of Wolfgang Puck, I have only ever read a couple of them from the TS...I'm hoping it's as good as the CS!

Hi Brook! I thought their Tink drawings were really good. I was proud of both of them. I think this attraction has really sparked the artist in Juliana....she has been drawing lots of pictures lately, and she's quite talented!

Wolfgang Puck review coming up next. Hope all is well with you and your family!

Alan

After a wonderful morning at DHS, we were ready for our last dining reservation of our trip: lunch at Wolfgang Puck's at Downtown Disney.

08-059.jpg

08-060.jpg

08-062.jpg

08-061.jpg

For our appetizers, Elizabeth and I both ordered the Asian Style Spring Rolls. YUM!

08-063.jpg

08-064.jpg

Wil got the Artichoke & 5-Cheese Dip. It was very good also.

08-065.jpg

For my entree, I had the sushi platter. OMG!!! It was fresh and delicious.

08-066.jpg

08-067.jpg

Juliana and Wil both had Wood-Fired Pizzas:

08-068.jpg

08-069.jpg

Elizabeth had the Grilled Flat Iron Steak. She loved it!

08-070.jpg

08-072.jpg

Two happy campers!

08-073.jpg

For dessert, I had one of my all-time favorites: Key Lime Pie. It was delicious and well presented.

08-074.jpg

Elizabeth had the cheesecake. It was good, but not as good as the Key Lime Pie.

08-076.jpg

The kids both had the Make-Your-Own sundaes.

08-075.jpg

08-077.jpg

We were VERY happy with our lunch at Wolfgang Puck's. I thought it was a really good use of 1 Table Service credit on the Deluxe Dining Plan. We made a comment that this might be a good first meal the next time we come to Disney World. (Although I still want to try the Earl of Sandwich at some point!) My sushi was absolutely terrific. Our service was really good also....of course we were there for a late lunch at we practically had the dining room to ourselves.

Coming up - Goofy's Candy Company, and time to say goodbye to Walt Disney World!

Hello Luis! Hope all is well with you and your family. Will Santa be visiting Valeria this year?

Yeah, that was a big hug for Mickey, wasn't it? Last two chapters are coming up.

Alan

Hi Alan,

Santa for sure is making a visit to Valeria!! She already knew what she wanted on her letter at least a month ago. BTW, She asked me if Truman got his chritsmas stockings on the chimney this year, too.

The one who gets a good deal is Mercedes, as her birthday falls on Dec. 25th. For years I have been trying to convince her to treat it as a single occasion, but she is unrelenting, so I get hit with a double whammy every year :-)

Merry Christmas to you and yours, and a Happy and wonderful New Year! (and, thinking it better, a less hectic one... :) )

All the best,

Luis

Glad you're back Alan! Not a fan of sushi but the desserts look divine! Key Lime pie is one of my favorites too!

You will not be disappointed by Earl of Sandwich either. Great place to eat.

orry I missed this update for a few days !!! It was aesome as usual !!! I have eaten at WPE a couple of times and that is great ad only a cs !!! The Key Lime Pie looks mouth watering !!!!! Do you have plans for another trip yet????

That all looked delicious, Alan! I have only eaten on the express side- I'll have to give it a shot with Pods in September!

Miss "seeing" you here!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter