Team Rebel Alliance Marches On...

Yabadabadou!!! a new thread. Not too busy at work. A lot of people coming back from vacation (all schools were closed for winter vacation in Québec this week). It seems that it was cold everywhere this week: Jamaïca, Mexico, Florida and Cuba.
I will go for a short run today; it is supposed to warm up to 40F. We will see. Yesterday, I just learn that my favorite running store will open in my town at the end of April :cool1:: it is called the Running Room and it is very popular in Canada. They have classes for every distance so I will not have to do my long distance all by myself anymore :yay:

For the race calendar, I am doing the Half marathon in Ottawa,Ont on May 30.

have a nice day
Diane

Ooh, Diana, that will be so nice to have a running store near you. The one closest to me (not including chains like Foot Locker) is about 25 minutes away. Not too far, but not close enough to swing by after work.

Good morning everyone! I am getting ready to drive over to Disney to run in the Princess 1/2 tomorrow. My kids have ball game this morning and then we will head over. My wonderful mom flew down last night to go with us. I'm a little nervous because my last runs have been terrible. This is my first long race so if I can just finish then I will be happy. Especially considering 6 months I couldn't run around the block.

And for the race calendar - I am doing the princess race tomorrow, and the Sarasota 1/2 on March 14.

Joy, like you, my goal was just to finish. From reading the boards here and elsewhere, I don't think anyone ever has that perfect training past, where everything goes like it's supposed to.

But you went from not being able to walk around the block to being prepared for a half marathon in 6 months - that is quite an accomplishment! I hope you are as proud of yourself as we are of you.

Andrea, thanks for pulling this all together!

Today I did W5D3 of the C25K, I ran for 20 mins straight. I'm considering doing a 10K on May 1st. I need to do 4 miles on my next run if I stay on track with the training. Right now that will probably take me 2 hours.

You're so welcome! I live for stuff like this (sad, I know). I love to organize and create files and templates and graphs. I'm such a nerd.

Good for you for sticking with the program for 5 weeks. That's great, running for 20 minutes staright, not an easy thing to do.

Andrea:
You are doing an awesome job. I made a wise choice. :banana:

All is pretty well here in CT. I have been loving the weather. It is almost time to put away the jeans. Even if it's cold, it's still worth wearing the shorts. Psychologically they feel good.

I have been busy getting the nursery ready for the baby that is supposed to come at the end of May but the Dr's keep saying that they will be happy to get to 34 weeks. We are 6 weeks away from that. It has not been a typical pregnancy but we are making due.

Most importantly, ;) I have kept my running streak alive. I am over 3 months and approaching 100 days. If we get out of the class early tomorrow, there is a 3 mile race I'd love to run. I don't see it happening though.

Glad that everyone is doing well and feeling inspired by the WISH!

Thanks, Scott! I'm so glad you still feel I was the right choice! :thumbsup2

I'll keep my fingers crossed that that little baby stays right where it is for at least the next 6 weeks.

As far as your running streak, what do you think that's done for you to not have any rests between? Do you feel that makes you more tired, or does it not give your body a chance to slow down? And how did you come up with that idea?

Good morning team,

What a beautiful day it was. I went for a short run in the afternoon and like Scott said, it was almost warm enough for a run in short :sunny:. Spring is in the air at last.
Good luck today for those of you doing the Princess.

Diane

Hey, Diane! It does finally feel like spring is here, doesn't it? I love it! :yay:

It was totally beautiful here this weekend. Our temperatures were in the 40°s and the sun was bright! I was able to wear my running skirt all weekend and felt like I could tell winter is coming to an end.

I ran twice this weekend. On Saturday, DH and I did a "long run" (not for most of you but this is HUGE for me)...we went a full 7K without any walking! It felt great. Our final distance was 4.65 miles and we averaged a 11'30" min/mile. Today, DH and I just took an easy 2 mile run while DS rode his bike. We were both a bit sore after yesterday's run and wanted an easy day. This week I logged a total of 15.44 miles and it feels great.

Two things that I am thinking about lately...the first is a new running plan. I finished the C25K. I consider myself a successful graduate but need something new. I would like to train for either a 1/2 or a full marathon next. I know I will be doing a 1/2, I don't know if I will do a full. I would like to think if I trained for one I would do it. Anyways...as I look at new programs - I have no clue where to start. The biggest thing is do I start at week 1 of a new program (that seems like going backwards)? Do I start at week 9 (seriously...4-5 mile runs are a regular thing)? Do I start someplace in the middle like at week 4? I would love to hear from anyone who did the C25K first and moved on from there.

My next issue is heat. As I said, right now it is in the 40s here and I am already very comfortable in a shirt and a very light weight long sleeve shirt. Yesterday I wore a hat and light weight gloves but took them off by mile 2. By mile 3, I would have almost taken off my shirt and run in my sports bra but I was sure that would have caused people to be a bit concerned for the crazy runner! :rotfl: Anyone else get way too hot as you run? Is it just me?

Alright...I will sign off now. Congratulations to our Princess runners!
Jen

Jen, I have never completed the C25K program, but I would say you are on the right track as far as tweeking a plan to fit you. Definitely don't go backwards to a week 1 if it seems too simple. Just jump in where you feel comfortable and go up from there. If you don't have anything to train for right this minute, you might want to think about just doing your own thing. Just set your own schedule and go, making sure to keep your rest days and cross training days, and not going farther than 10% more per week. Those are just my thoughts!

I wouldn't say you get too hot, your body just runs a little warmer, that's all. Just dress lightly, and rip that shirt off when you want. Onlookers be damned! Only care about your comfort, not what they think. Better to catch a few glances than be laid up on the ground with heat stroke.

Bob and I just got the "Official Results" of our last 5K. They took 2 weeks to post! The next (and last) 5K in this Frozen Foot series is next weekend. If you remember my last posts, on the first one in the series, Bob ran with me and we got passed by old ladies and dogs! So with this last race he ran on his own-here's how we did:
Barb- placed 316th out of 365 runners, 15th out of 21 women ages 40-44, time 33:52.5
Bob- placed 191st out of 365 runners, 24th out of 37 men ages 40-44, time 27:04.8
On our last race on this course we both came in at 34:33.
I guess I am just a back of the pack kind of runner! I'm ok with that as long as I don't get swept at the WDW Half Marathon in January.
I think Bob is happy to see where he ranks among other men his age rather than being last like last time just because he was holding my hand (literally and figuratively!)
We haven't decided how we will run next week, together or separately, but I know this is the last time for this course! We are anxious to try something new and different in April~
what upcoming races are you all signed up for?

Barb, those are great times for your races, especially considering they are your first races ever. No old ladies or dogs passed you this time, did they? And you both improved your times! :thumbsup2

Andrea - CONGRATULATIONS! Way to go! :yay: I think it is amazing to just finish and to know that your time was fast enough NOT to get swept and fast enough TO earn a medal! I can't wait to hear your report when you return. I want all the details! I am hoping that you do a full trip report!

Andrea, Great job on the Princess!

Well done Andrea.

You finished so far ahead of all those people who didn't even make it to the start.

You should be very proud,

Liam

Yeah Andrea!:woohoo:
Congratulations on your finish at the Princess!

Thank you guys so much for the congrats! I got back home Tuesday evening and yesterday was all about hanging around the house. I got up at 7 to get my son off to school, then I got back in bed and woke up at noon! I must have really needed the sleep.

I started the trip report (link in my siggy if anyone is interested), but haven't done the race report yet. I'll post that separately here when it's done.

I was so worried about completing the race and not getting swept, I really had myself worked into a tizzy. But I did it and I didn't get swept! I don't remember the last time I ever felt so powerful and just able to do anything I really wanted. I was saying some sweet nothings to my legs that day! There's just no other feeling and I know I'm not even describing it very well, but it's amazing.

Right now I'm just enjoying the prescribed rest period, and replacing all those carbs I lost in the race. I lost so many, I'm sure I'm still replacing them now.... Right? :lmao:

Congrats to all the princess runners out there! Yesterday, 4.5 miles, my program is up to a 7:3 run/walk ratio, so when the half hour is up, I just walk the rest.

This morning 1300ish yards swimming. Today I am exactly 2 months from SheROX Tempe triathlon. There are other tri's that some friends are trying to get me to sign up for, so we will see! I haven't committed to anything yet.

Thanks for the congrats! So excited about your tri! I can't wait to hear the detals when you complete it.

Andrea: So proud of you! You did awesome! So happy to have finally met you in person.

Thanks, Katie! And thank you for all the encouragement you were so generous with. I wish we had more time to talk, but I was so beat! I don't know how you all were able to stay out so late walking around the park. Maybe next time I can join you...

I have a 7K in 2 weeks and then a 5K in April - nothing after that though. I need to find some other races to sign up for. There are tons of races in my area but it is difficult to tell which ones would be great for such an inexperienced racer like me.

AFM - Tonight I am totally taking the night off. I am not going to exercise at all. Monday was a cross training day and I lifted weights as well as walked 2 miles. On Tuesday I had to run on the TM because it is cold and rainy here right now. I only did 5K because I really do hate the TM. I would much rather be running outside with below zero temperatures. I had planned to try to put in a few extra miles this week but we are suppose to have rain all week so it is probably not going to happen.

Hope everyone is having a great week!
Jen

Jen, I also need to find more to sign up for. I'm getting nervous now that I'll just quit after the half and that will be it. I don't want it to be the end, though. I would love to be like Katie (crazy!) and have a whole calendar of upcoming events to be ready for.

jenanderson [B said:
Tiffany[/B] Great job on getting all the miles done. I finally got to the point where I can run 4.2 miles. I will admit to my ignorance...how far do you have to run in a tri? I would love to hear more about these. I think that it must take a lot to train for all 3 events.
Hi Jen! The run for the tri is only a 5k (this time) and I am determined to run the whole thing.There are all sorts of distances for triathlons. This is only my second one so another sprint distance. The swim scares the heck out of me! I used to be able to run more and faster but just got burned out/ lazy last summer, so now I am working my way back up. I am signed up for the Goofy this January and fear is an excellent motivator!

Jen, I missed where you had asked what to do after C25K. I finished C25K last June and did the Race for the Cure. Then I had some ups and downs after my running partner moved away. I started following Galloway's plan of run/walk intervals, but was not really consistent until I just got my treadmill in January. Recently I wanted to push myself past the 2:2 run/walk intervals I was doing so I started doing C25K again, but jumped in at week 4 since that's where I was. Now I am doing a combo of C25K and Galloway's 10K plan. So I follow the same schedule and on the short run days I do the C25K, then on the long run days I do what ever day I am on for C25K and keep going with walk breaks until I get to whatever mileage I'm supposed to do. This week I did W6D1 twice to get to the 4 miles I needed. I got it done in 54 minutes, I was pretty happy with that.

Hello Everyone! Newbie here:flower3: Just want to introduce myself... I'm Shawna, live in N Florida and just finished the Disney Princess Half this past Sunday! What an awesome race! I have only been running/walking for a little over a year now and I am totally addicted! It has helped me make so many positive changes from the inside out and I wish I would of started years ago. I love the camaraderie between everyone during races and it just feels good to get out there and do something. I hope that I'm showing my kiddo's that you can do anything you put your mind to! Alright that's me in a nut shell. Here are some of my races for this year!

March 27th Walk a Mile in their Shoes 5K
April 24th Beaches Chapel 5K
May 8th The Human Race 5K (I will be a running buddy for Girls on the Run)
June 12th Run for the Pies 5K
August 13th & 14th Tour de Pain
September 25th Children's Way 5K
October 23rd Race for the Cure

Hello everyone.
Thanks Andrea for keeping us organized.:thumbsup2
Daughter and I just got back from the Princess Half. What a wonderful time we had. We finished with our best pace time ever. I was glad to just finish. We even got to spend time in the parks afterward without too much pain. My daughter certainly had me on a good training schedule; I felt so prepared. This time last year I would never have guessed I would be saying this, but I am so very glad for this accomplishment. My daughter has been such an inspiration. :lovestruc We are even thinking about next year already. I feel so happy, and believe it or not, so energetic right now. Husband and I even got out to do a quick 3miler. Can't believe it.
Thanks to everyone here as well. The support and enthusiasm has been uplifting. I hope I can do the same for my team members.:grouphug:

Hello Everyone! Newbie here:flower3: Just want to introduce myself... I'm Shawna, live in N Florida and just finished the Disney Princess Half this past Sunday! What an awesome race! I have only been running/walking for a little over a year now and I am totally addicted! It has helped me make so many positive changes from the inside out and I wish I would of started years ago. I love the camaraderie between everyone during races and it just feels good to get out there and do something. I hope that I'm showing my kiddo's that you can do anything you put your mind to! Alright that's me in a nut shell. Here are some of my races for this year!

March 27th Walk a Mile in their Shoes 5K
April 24th Beaches Chapel 5K
May 8th The Human Race 5K (I will be a running buddy for Girls on the Run)
June 12th Run for the Pies 5K
August 13th & 14th Tour de Pain
September 25th Children's Way 5K
October 23rd Race for the Cure

:welcome: Shawna! I think we talked a bit on the Princess thread, but welcome to the Rebels! That Princess was so fun, wasn't it? I think I'm hooked on races, too, now. You have more lined up than me, though.;)

Hello everyone.
Thanks Andrea for keeping us organized.:thumbsup2
Daughter and I just got back from the Princess Half. What a wonderful time we had. We finished with our best pace time ever. I was glad to just finish. We even got to spend time in the parks afterward without too much pain. My daughter certainly had me on a good training schedule; I felt so prepared. This time last year I would never have guessed I would be saying this, but I am so very glad for this accomplishment. My daughter has been such an inspiration. :lovestruc We are even thinking about next year already. I feel so happy, and believe it or not, so energetic right now. Husband and I even got out to do a quick 3miler. Can't believe it.
Thanks to everyone here as well. The support and enthusiasm has been uplifting. I hope I can do the same for my team members.:grouphug:

Congrats on your PR! That daughter keeps you on a short leash, doesn't she? ;) That's wonderful that you both did that together, what a great memory to cherish.

So, everyone, what are your plans for the weekend? It's going to be rainy here, so I'm thinking we'll be inside. My DS wants to go bowling and we haven't done that in a while, so that should be interesting...:rolleyes1

Ok I am back to the real world. I just finish my 7 graveyard shifts and it was not easy. I could not run during the last week,because on my last 9k I must have hurt my sciatic (pain in the butt).
I did the virtual race this morning and the worst was going downhill so I decide to walk. It is the first time that I hurt myself running and I don't like it.

Congratulations to all those of you who did the Princess last week-end. I am thinking of doing it next year.

Have a nice week-end.

Diane

Andrea - I am going to take your advice and kind of do my own plan right now. I have looked at several running plans and DH and I have just decided that we are going to kind of keep doing what we have been doing for the next couple of weeks (5Ks most days / 7K or a bit more on Saturdays). I will keep on cross training too. When the snow and ice is gone, the temperatures go up a bit and the days get a bit longer - then we decided that we will start looking at adding some distance or picking a specific plan.

I laughed so hard when you said to dress lightly, rip the shirt off when I want and not care about the onlookers! I am soon going to have to take your advice! Today when DH and I ran, it was windy and pretty cold (41°). I thought I would try my skirt and a heavier long sleeve shirt. At the last minute I threw on my little t-shirt under it...good thing! About 1/2 way through our run, I took off the heavier shirt and ran in the short sleeve t-shirt. It was so funny as we passed by other runners who were wearing full winter running type of gear and there I was in the skirt and t-shirt! :rotfl: I swear there is something wrong with my body temp when I run. Shortly after finishing the run, I am always freezing. I would love if it would balance out a bit.

I peaked at your trip report and I can't wait to hear more about it! I would imagine the feeling of completing something so huge is amazing!

Tiffany - I am so impressed by your training for the tri. I can't even imagine running 5K and then having to bike and swim! You are right that fear is an excellent motivator - I am scared to just think about doing the Princess next year. That fear gets me out running all the time because I don't want to let myself (or my friend who I will be running with) down.

cwnhokie - Sounds like you are kind of creating your own running plan as well. I really liked the structure of the C25K program and knowing exactly what I had to do each day. I was a bit worried about not having an "official" plan but have discovered that I am doing fine with developing my own plan at this point.

Shawna - Welcome and congratulations on finishing the Princess! My goal is to run it next year and I am so excited to read about the experiences everyone had this year. Feel free to share any tips or ideas for me to remember for next year.

Looks like you have a whole bunch of races planned for this year! I will have my first race next weekend and then will try to find some others (as long as that goes well).

Gretchen - Congratulations to you too! Way to go on finishing the Princess with your daughter - especially since it was your best time ever!!! I bet it was wonderful to share it with her.

Diana - I bet you are glad to have those graveyard shifts done with. It is so hard to run when you are working odd hours. Sorry to hear that you got hurt on your last run. I hope that you are feeling better soon though - it is no fun to run with pain.

AFM - It was a really busy week. I had to write report cards and then had conferences. Conference time is always very stressful to me. Still, I was able to really focus on all the positive changes I have made.

Weighed in on Friday for the BL9 challenge and discovered I lost 4 pounds this week - that means a total of 26 pounds! I was so happy - so I celebrated by eating movie theater popcorn! :rolleyes1 Our family went to see Alice in Wonderland and I could not resist having some. On the positive side, I did eat in moderation and I stopped when I felt full so I don't feel all that bad about it.

DH and I ran for the virtual 5K iWish today...32 minutes! I was really pleased with our time. We had thought about running 7k today to prepare for next weekend but it was so windy out we kept it short. Tomorrow is suppose to be 50° and much nicer so we will try the longer run then.

Well, I have already typed a bunch but I have to share one last thing...I am having a bit of 1st race anxiety and have had the following dreams: I dreamed I showed up in regular clothes and they wouldn't let me run because I did not have appropriate running gear. I have also dreamed that we got there late and we had to run and try to catch up to all the other runners - while people with brooms tried to "sweep" us. Finally, I dream that I trip and need ambulance assistance! :scared1: I will feel so much better when I actually get through a first race. :goodvibes

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Jen

I hope everyone is having a great weekend! It is really rainy and yucky here. I'm feeling like I'm in a bit of a funk. I took two days off from exercise, Friday just had lots to do and Saturday woke up with a migraine and felt bad all day on top of basketball, baby shower and fundraiser dinner. I was supposed to run 25 mins straight today and just really wasn't feeling it. But I did run and did push myself and I feel good that I at least did something. Enjoy your Sunday!

Congrats to everyone who ran in the Princess!!! :worship:

I've been busy lately so I haven't checked in in awhile. I finished the Runners World beginners running program on Saturday with a 3.51 mile run. The plan got me up to running for 30 minutes straight :cool1:

Now, I have to try to figure out what to do next :confused3 I don't have any specific race to train for or plan to follow so I don't know what I'm going to do each day yet. I'm trying to come up with a plan on my own.

Anyone have any tips on how much they run when they're not training for anything in particular?

Jen Don't worry if you show up for your race in regular street clothes ;), I saw a woman at the Minnie 15k in jeans! It was so hot and humid, I don't know how she did it! I'm the same as you, I get crazy hot while I'm running then after I stop, I am freezing.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend! It is really rainy and yucky here. I'm feeling like I'm in a bit of a funk. I took two days off from exercise, Friday just had lots to do and Saturday woke up with a migraine and felt bad all day on top of basketball, baby shower and fundraiser dinner. I was supposed to run 25 mins straight today and just really wasn't feeling it. But I did run and did push myself and I feel good that I at least did something. Enjoy your Sunday!

I am discovering that there are days where I just don't really feel like running either. Glad that you were able to work through it and still get out there today. I am hoping that spring and warmer weather will help get me happier about going outside and running again.

Now, I have to try to figure out what to do next :confused3 I don't have any specific race to train for or plan to follow so I don't know what I'm going to do each day yet. I'm trying to come up with a plan on my own.

Anyone have any tips on how much they run when they're not training for anything in particular?

I am kind of at the same place as you. I finished the C25K and after looking around, I decided that I am going to just do my own thing for a bit. I am going to do 3 days a week of 5K distance running. Then, I am going to do one day of 7K distance running. The thing is, even though I came up with this, I am discovering my own plan does not always work the way I had planned on and have to alter that a bit as well.

Jen Don't worry if you show up for your race in regular street clothes ;), I saw a woman at the Minnie 15k in jeans! It was so hot and humid, I don't know how she did it! I'm the same as you, I get crazy hot while I'm running then after I stop, I am freezing.

OMG! How could someone run in jeans???

Today it was 60° here and I was so hot - still thinking of stripping down to the sports bra! :rotfl: I was able to keep going with my shirt on but have decided that I am going to start searching for some cute little shirts!

Funny thing was, we went biking a bit later and I had to put layers on because I was so cold and I stayed cold the whole bike ride. I am not sure what it is about the running that makes me so warm.

Today I had a horrible run. I was way to warm, DH was running too fast and I didn't slow him down and I just felt like it was one of my more difficult runs. I had planned on doing a full 7K to prepare for next Saturday's 7K but I stopped at 3.3...I could not go any more. DH and I did walk for an extra mile and then we did the biking later but the run itself was horrible. I am hoping that the bad run today will equal a good run on our race day.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Jen

Ugh, it is so yucky here. It has been raining all weekend. We have our yard flooded with trees down. Some of our neighboring streets are closed with down power lines. It is just a mess. Couldn't really get out so I had to use the TM for the virtual St. Pat's 5K. At least I was able to accomplish that. Granddaughter and grandson have the stomach bug so I'll be babysitting tomorrow. Sure do hope this rain stops soon. I am so ready for the Spring!
Well here's looking up for a better week ahead.

Ok I am back to the real world. I just finish my 7 graveyard shifts and it was not easy. I could not run during the last week,because on my last 9k I must have hurt my sciatic (pain in the butt).
I did the virtual race this morning and the worst was going downhill so I decide to walk. It is the first time that I hurt myself running and I don't like it.

Congratulations to all those of you who did the Princess last week-end. I am thinking of doing it next year.

Have a nice week-end.

Diane

Welcome back to the real world, Diane. We've missed you!;)

Hope your pain in the butt gets better soon.

Andrea - I am going to take your advice and kind of do my own plan right now. I have looked at several running plans and DH and I have just decided that we are going to kind of keep doing what we have been doing for the next couple of weeks (5Ks most days / 7K or a bit more on Saturdays). I will keep on cross training too. When the snow and ice is gone, the temperatures go up a bit and the days get a bit longer - then we decided that we will start looking at adding some distance or picking a specific plan.

I laughed so hard when you said to dress lightly, rip the shirt off when I want and not care about the onlookers! I am soon going to have to take your advice! Today when DH and I ran, it was windy and pretty cold (41°). I thought I would try my skirt and a heavier long sleeve shirt. At the last minute I threw on my little t-shirt under it...good thing! About 1/2 way through our run, I took off the heavier shirt and ran in the short sleeve t-shirt. It was so funny as we passed by other runners who were wearing full winter running type of gear and there I was in the skirt and t-shirt! :rotfl: I swear there is something wrong with my body temp when I run. Shortly after finishing the run, I am always freezing. I would love if it would balance out a bit.

I peaked at your trip report and I can't wait to hear more about it! I would imagine the feeling of completing something so huge is amazing!

AFM - It was a really busy week. I had to write report cards and then had conferences. Conference time is always very stressful to me. Still, I was able to really focus on all the positive changes I have made.

Weighed in on Friday for the BL9 challenge and discovered I lost 4 pounds this week - that means a total of 26 pounds! I was so happy - so I celebrated by eating movie theater popcorn! :rolleyes1 Our family went to see Alice in Wonderland and I could not resist having some. On the positive side, I did eat in moderation and I stopped when I felt full so I don't feel all that bad about it.

DH and I ran for the virtual 5K iWish today...32 minutes! I was really pleased with our time. We had thought about running 7k today to prepare for next weekend but it was so windy out we kept it short. Tomorrow is suppose to be 50° and much nicer so we will try the longer run then.

Well, I have already typed a bunch but I have to share one last thing...I am having a bit of 1st race anxiety and have had the following dreams: I dreamed I showed up in regular clothes and they wouldn't let me run because I did not have appropriate running gear. I have also dreamed that we got there late and we had to run and try to catch up to all the other runners - while people with brooms tried to "sweep" us. Finally, I dream that I trip and need ambulance assistance! :scared1: I will feel so much better when I actually get through a first race. :goodvibes

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Jen

Jen, when I was out one (literally) freezing night a few months or so ago, I was decked out in my tights with pants over them, an undershirt, a long sleeve shirt and sweatshirt, a scarf and ear muffs, I passed a dude wearing shorts and a long sleeve tee shirt. I thought he must just be warmer blooded than me. I never thought he was weird or crazy. I was actually kind of jealous because I was still cold and he looked just as comfortable as he could be.

Ugh, report cards. Such a scary time of year for us parents! :rolleyes1

Congrats on your weight loss, that's a great number to hit in just one week!

I'm right there with you with the pre-race dreams. I had one where I missed the flight to the race and there were bad guys chasing me and some orcas were there.. Very weird. I was so stressed out about the whole thing that even my mom had a dream about me screwing up the race. But, you're right - I do feel much more prepared for my next half now that the first one is out of the way.

I can't wait to hear about your first race! :banana:

There was a woman at the Princess Half wearing capris with the drawstring legs, a tee shirt, and brown loafers! I figured she probably forgot her race clothes, but she got out there and did it anyway. I wonder how she did with those shoes, though. That couldn't have been easy.

Congrats to everyone who ran in the Princess!!! :worship:

I've been busy lately so I haven't checked in in awhile. I finished the Runners World beginners running program on Saturday with a 3.51 mile run. The plan got me up to running for 30 minutes straight :cool1:

This is just my personal opinion, of course, but I think you should just do what you feel like doing. The golden rule is not to increase your distance by more than 10%. Just keep running for longer and longer until you are happy with your distance.

But, if you're anything like me, you will need a schedule to follow. In that case, I would check online and maybe even piece together your own plan from others. I just did a quick check online and found this article from Running Times. It looks like it might be helpful.

Good morning,
Well for the first time since I have started jogging-running, I am on the injured list :mad: :sad1:. I was supposed to run hills this morning but only after a couple of meters my leg hurt too much so I went back home. I have decided to take a week off and see what will happen. I don't think I will loose too much and better a week now than months later because I have decided to run injured. It sounds logical when I write it but I am not happy about it because my training was going well :mad:
I will just increase the time I take to walk the dog: she will be very happy about that.
I don't know what kind of summer we will have up north but this week will be beautifull. No rain, sunny and warm.
Have a nice day
Diane

There was a woman at the Princess Half wearing capris with the drawstring legs, a tee shirt, and brown loafers! I figured she probably forgot her race clothes, but she got out there and did it anyway. I wonder how she did with those shoes, though. That couldn't have been easy.

I can't believe she did the race in loafers! I would've bought shoes at the expo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter