Team Mickey - Biggest Loser "No Excuses" 2012 Challenge

Have a great trip Gretchen. YOu are in for an adventure.

Happy Monday morning friends!!

SOrry I wasn't on at all this weekend. After DS's basketball game Saturday morning, I spent 9 hours on the pool deck. Add in drive time and dinner out with a small swim group, we were out of the house from 10:30 am until 11:15pm. No wi-fi available anywhere I was, so obviously I couldn't catch up here.

Yesterday was a frantic bit of cleaning out/packing up/moving furniture to get ready for today's carpet installation. I am totally frustrated with my family though. I packed up everything I could in the office in the morning (it too so much longer than I thought). I put EVERYTHING that DH needed to take responsibility for all together and he had ALL DAY to take care of it. But here it is, 5:45 am, it is STILL HERE! :headache: At this point it will all get dumped in a big tote and he can deal with unpacking it tomorrow.

DD also did NOT finish cleaning up her desk area in here (although she made some effort ) and she still has stuff on the stairs to be carried up.... and of course, now she is gone for the day! :rolleyes:

I had a bit of a mental fit last night and acted a bit like a crazy lady (after returning from a 4+ hour Rainbow Girls event) when I discovered that while I was gone the men moved NOTHING! THere was a short list of things that I had asked them to move while I was gone and they did NONE of it!! So I came home, unloaded/reloaded the dishwasher in my dress and heels, and then started moving chairs, tables, etc. I was NOT happy (especially when I dropped a dining room chair on my toes!).

Not sure what time the carpet installers will be here today. HOpefully not before 9 am! I"ve got three boxes of "stuff" to carry to the basement from the office and a plant to move in the living room. DH and I will need to move his TV when he gets up and then we will hopefully be able to slide the entertainment center into the kitchen (I do NOT want to move it any further!). THen I will HEAVE the stuff from the stairs into DD's room and dump the contents of the upstairs linen closet on my bed and call it done! Oooops... forgot I gotta move this stupid computer too! Probably just put it in the kitchen along with the tv.

Sorry to be ranting! Guess I'm just a bit overtired and frustrated!

EAting was all over the board this weekend, which is another frustration after a great weigh-in on Friday. I spent the days doing GREAT and the overtired evenings snackings!! :headache: SO STUPID!! Went over points significantly on Friday and Sunday, but only just a tiny bit on Saturday. Hopefully I can make corrections this week to that terrible pattern!

I've got 15 minutes before I have to get DS moving and shaking, so I'm going to try and read/reply to a page or two here!.......................P

Have a great trip, Gretchen! We'll wait (not so patiently) for stories! :)

GOOD MORNING LOSERS!!

gosh, how many times have i said to myself over the years, "diet starts monday!" well guess what - it's monday and i'm not starting anything new. it feels good to say that. my healthy living has been going steady now for a whole week. hey, it's something! and since we've been doing swimmingly this past week, let's have a QOTD that is about something we all love.... ::MickeyMo:smickey::mickeyjum:earsboy:

QOTD: As GRETCHEN heads off to our favorite place today for the college program, why don't we provide her our favorite healthy eating tip at Disney World. That way some of us who have trips scheduled (or dreamed about) can try to incorporate these tips into our vacations too!

GRETCHEN - have a fabulous trip and wonderful experience! we can't wait to follow you along! but be sure to stick to healthy choices. i tend to fall off the wagon when i'm at disney but some things we do to make sure we don't come back with too much extra weight - 1. wear a pedometer. you already walk SO much while there and it's SO great to see how much you're actually walking 2. WALK from epcot to DHS and vice versa. it's a beautiful walk and takes about 30 min. 3. try to have one salad a day. whether it's lunch or just a part of dinner or something. that way your body doesn't start thinking a french fry is an acceptable form of vegetable.

have a great day everyone! and here's a little funny from Aunt Ann's facebook:

calories.jpg

Oh my goodness, I'm just getting around to introducing myself and we are 37 pages in, ouch. Not sure I'll ever catch up, so I'm going to try to stay on from here.

My name is Patty. I've joined the BL a year ago here and it's helped me be accountable. I lost 50 pounds last year and am hoping to get another 25 off. For the first time in most of my adult life I'm no longer obese and am just over weight. If I can get this last bit off, for the very first time, I'll be in the 'normal' range (high end but that's ok). Here is my last year and this year Disney trips (the very beginning of December).

398170_10150467741037361_524597360_8632408_1928154329_n.jpg

I'm working full time, going to school part time, towards a degree in nursing. I've just spent the past six plus weeks with my mom in the hospital recovering from a traumatic brain injury. It wreck havoc on any 'normal' eating and I easily put on a few pounds leading up to Christmas. I'm working on getting those off and the rest of these for this year.

Hoping to get to 'know' more of you and I'll try to check in here each day.

I love your before and after piccies - at the moment mine are the wrong way round, the one from a few years ago is thin(ish) and the current one is way too fat. I am hoping by the time we go in December though I will be back to thinnish.

Good Morning all!

I joined the team late last week, signed up for the inches challenge and healthy choices challenge but really didn't commit to get going.

Why does Monday seem like an easier day to start?

Today I will:
Record what I eat
Drink my water
Start Jillian's 30 day shred
Walk with a bud and a beagle

I am looking forward to healthy life style changes, dropping some weight that has slowly crept on over the past 5 years and mostly to FEEL BETTER, not be so tired and draggy feeling all of the time and hopefully sleep better!

EVERYONE HAVE A FUN AND FIT WEEK!

Wow-- can't miss a day 'round here. Finally caught up to today and that'll help me find my place later. Had an old girl pass away on us yesterday, I knew it was coming but still a shock.

Hey, just wanted to say I am so sorry for your loss of Trixie. :grouphug:

Hi Team Mickey Just wanted to say hello to my friends over here. [...] I am fine. I had a stomach virus this week right when I was taking ds to meet his friends on his way to Gambia. He left on the 2nd and will be back on the 13th. We have heard from him twice so far and all seems to be going okay.

Hey, Donac, I remember you from last year! NJ Represent! Why the heck is your son in Gambia, that is very cool!

I am proud of myself, today I will have officially logged food for an entire week. I don't know if I have ever done that before! I am excited because I even logged when I was not 100% on plan. Last night I was having the munchies really bad, either because we had an early dinner or from the stupid steroids. I looked at my BodyMedia and saw that I had exactly my calorie deficit, and that was enough to stop me from grabbing a snack. I was very proud of myself.

Way to go, Friend of a Mouse! It is so hard to remember to log everything, but I think it helps, no? And Double WTG on not grabbing a snack because you saw the count on your Body Media, that is using technology to really improve your life! Keep up the good work!

This is where the thread really starts to intimidate me, it's getting looong if I miss a day. Home with a sick kid today so I can check in, hope to get here at least once a day to stay on track with you all!:cheer2:

Have a great trip Gretchen. YOu are in for an adventure.

Have a great trip, Gretchen! We'll wait (not so patiently) for stories! :)

QOTD: As GRETCHEN heads off to our favorite place today for the college program, why don't we provide her our favorite healthy eating tip at Disney World. That way some of us who have trips scheduled (or dreamed about) can try to incorporate these tips into our vacations too!

GRETCHEN - have a fabulous trip and wonderful experience! we can't wait to follow you along! but be sure to stick to healthy choices. i tend to fall off the wagon when i'm at disney but some things we do to make sure we don't come back with too much extra weight - 1. wear a pedometer. you already walk SO much while there and it's SO great to see how much you're actually walking 2. WALK from epcot to DHS and vice versa. it's a beautiful walk and takes about 30 min. 3. try to have one salad a day. whether it's lunch or just a part of dinner or something. that way your body doesn't start thinking a french fry is an acceptable form of vegetable.

Shhhh....I'm not leaving until tomorrow. But thanks for all the love anyway! :lovestruc

My biggest Disney eating tip is for buffets, and I attribute it to how I lost a few pounds when I was there in October. I took extremely small portions of everything, and also didn't let any of my food touch. After each plate, if I was still hungry, I went back for another plate. While this definitely led to me having more plates, it also kept me from going overboard. My other tip is to share every meal that you possibly can-saves money and your waistline!

I think I confused some of you when I said I was checking in for the flight today-I meant online, not actually at the airport (also, my tickers are a day or two off, for whatever reason). My boarding number is A53, not great, not terrible; I've had both better and worse in the past. I'll be among the first 53 people on the plane though! So now I have approximately 24 hours until the flight takes off, and only about 21.5 until we leave for the airport! :banana:

Gretchen -- how exciting!! now remind me where will you be working exactly and how long will you be there? i'm trying to talk my freshmen DD into the college program and i know nothing about it :teeth:

well as i said earlier, this weekend wasn't fabulous. there have been much worse though. i did not stick to my journal. yesterday we went out for late lunch, which ended up being my one meal for the day, i ate good choice breakfast and snack in the evening. now i have the remaining 1/2 of my burger (it was huge) and FF in a doggie bag. i just need to throw it out. i could throw out the FF without much problem, but the burger...it was yummy.

one minute on the lips....forever on the hips

sigh

off to do my WATP DVD....have a great day OP people!

well i didn't do fabulously this weekend -- and i'm 10 pages behind so i just need to move forward i promise to start my day here tomorrow gotta stay focused!

Go, Molli, go! You can do it! :cheer2: And just start from right here and don't worry about catching up.

Oh my goodness, I'm just getting around to introducing myself and we are 37 pages in, ouch. Not sure I'll ever catch up, so I'm going to try to stay on from here.

:welcome: Patty! So sorry to hear about your Mom -- hope that she is doing better now. :flower3: Your before and after pics looks fabulous!

I need to start exercising....im not doing too good this weekend

I loved lisaviolet's advice to you! :love:

What do you enjoy mommyof3princess27? Don't focus on that - not doing well this weekend. You know it's a journey so we all have times like that. Tomorrow - or tonight - is brand new.

So sorry that I sound like some positive pusher.

:lmao: You go, Lisa!

Hello to jenanderson and jillbur! Nice to see you ladies! :wave:

I have a DIS weight tracker, but when I login and change the numbers to my current weight, it simply logs me out and doesn't change the tracker. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I really think seeing the weight change-no matter how small-might be encouraging.

There was some issue with weight loss tickers awhile back. Hopefully LTS or Buffy will be on soon as they may know more about it and how to fix it.

To My Mickeys
It's a new week! When you're feeling down or tempted, think of the folks on this thread and stay the course (or at least try! ). Seriously, this group has been really motivating to me, and I love that I'm not in this alone. It's great to know that others are facing the same challenge(s) I am, and that if I need help or support, you're a login away.

Wishing everyone a happy and healthy week. Let's show some great numbers on the scale this week!

::yes:: Yep, let's all have a good week! And you take it easier on the exercise intensity -- hope you are feeling better today! :flower3:

I had a great day today. Really cleaned the bathroom, did some leaf raking in the yard, went grocery shopping and got my salads ready for the week. It's amazing how great a productive day can feel.

Great job on the NSV (non scale victory)! :thumbsup2

Happy Monday morning friends!!

Wow busy day, Pamela! Nice to see you! :flower3:

GOOD MORNING LOSERS!!

gosh, how many times have i said to myself over the years, "diet starts monday!" well guess what - it's monday and i'm not starting anything new. it feels good to say that. my healthy living has been going steady now for a whole week. hey, it's something! and since we've been doing swimmingly this past week, let's have a QOTD that is about something we all love.... ::MickeyMo:smickey::mickeyjum:earsboy:

have a great day everyone! and here's a little funny from Aunt Ann's facebook:

calories.jpg

My eating to for healthy eating at WDW is to share an entree 'cause boxing part and saving isn't too practical, even if you have a fridge.

I love Aunt Ann! :love:

I love your before and after piccies - at the moment mine are the wrong way round, the one from a few years ago is thin(ish) and the current one is way too fat. I am hoping by the time we go in December though I will be back to thinnish.

I bet you will be will! :thumbsup2

Good Morning all!

I joined the team late last week, signed up for the inches challenge and healthy choices challenge but really didn't commit to get going.

Why does Monday seem like an easier day to start?

Today I will:
Record what I eat
Drink my water

I am looking forward to healthy life style changes, dropping some weight that has slowly crept on over the past 5 years and mostly to FEEL BETTER, not be so tired and draggy feeling all of the time and hopefully sleep better!

EVERYONE HAVE A FUN AND FIT WEEK!

Sounds like you're off to a great start! :goodvibes

This is where the thread really starts to intimidate me, it's getting looong if I miss a day. Home with a sick kid today so I can check in, hope to get here at least once a day to stay on track with you all!:cheer2:

Checking in once a day works great! Hope your sick kiddo is feeling better soon, Michelle! :flower3:

Shhhh....I'm not leaving until tomorrow. But thanks for all the love anyway! :lovestruc My boarding number is A53, not great, not terrible; I've had both better and worse in the past. I'll be among the first 53 people on the plane though! So now I have approximately 24 hours until the flight takes off, and only about 21.5 until we leave for the airport! :banana:

Actually that is a pretty good number. Up to A15 is business folks and that group isn't always full. Your in the first 1/3 of the group boarding so you won't have any trouble finding a seat and when you are arrive you'll be at WDW! :banana:

Good luck with the knee. :flower3: You may want to get a note from the doctor about being cleared to work in case you need it.

Have a wonderful time! ::MickeyMo

Have a great day all!

Healthy Habits Update: I am all caught up on PMs. If you sent me your Healthy Habits scores and did not receive a reply, please PM me again. Thank you! :goodvibes

Okay, I know I saw 2 posts when I deleted one, but now it appears that the only post I see is the one I deleted, whoops! Do I feel silly!!:lmao: Let's try this again:

My name is Ami and I'm a 34 year old wife to Gary and mom to Alex & Evan. I work and attend college full time while chauferring my children to their various activities. My life is crazy busy and I wouldn't have it any other way!(most of the time) I started on my life changing journey in August of 2010. After being denied private health insurance and seeing my young Dad's health decline, partially from excess weight I realized I couldn't put it off any longer. That became my Aha! moment. I was still healthy enough to exercise and do what needed to be done, but I would need to do everything it took to get healthy, no cutting corners. It was a rough first couple of months but I had a lot of support from everyone. Once I started seeing results it got a lot easier. I'm also incredibly stubborn and like to finish what I start. And heaven forbid anyone tells me I can't do something! I started out at 285 pounds(I'm 5'7"). I had to get down to 221 pounds to be able to get health insurance. I am proud to say I was able to get my health insurance in April of this past year. I am currently at 171 pounds and my goal is 145. I'd like to reach my goal weight before our long awaited vacation at the end of March but I've hit a major plateau the last month or so. Even though I'm doing everything the way I think I'm supposed to the weight loss has slowed/stopped. I'm researching various websites to try and tweak things and get things started again. I have a very simple plan: I count every calorie I eat and stick to a certain calorie count each day. I also work out 6 days a week for at least an hour. Right now, I've alternating between Richard Simmons(fun!) and P90X and this week I'm adding jogging/running. I try to switch things up so my muscles won't get used to a schedule and not cooperate. I also try not to burn myself out on any one thing. Well, now that I've completed my novel(sorry!) I'll sign off for now. Good luck everyone!:flower3: I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Good morning, everyone! Still cruising here, and I'm giving tons of credit to this challenge. I knew I'd be rededicating myself to WW (I'm our company's liaison for our at work session), but I needed an extra push, and I think this is it. I can't remember the last time I exercised seven days in a row! I started Jillian's Ripped in 30 this morning, and she kicked my butt on the abs - I did pretty well on the cardio and strength sections. I will happily take a day off from her on the weekend! Then I did 30 minutes on my bike, 8.6 miles on the fat burner program. While watching the new Hungry Girl episode. :)

Breakfast today is one of my favorites - it's my cereal mash-up:

1/2 cup Cheerios
1/3 cup Uncle Sam cereal
1/2 cup blueberries (when in season, and I got some good ones at BJ's this weekend!)
1 sliced banana
1/4 cup 1% milk

Stir it all up and nosh. Uncle Sam is great for fiber, flaxseed, etc., and I love getting all that fruit in one quick meal.

I bring apples and have one for breakfast - it's cheaper than buying them on property, but I would definitely do that as well if I didn't have them with me! I also pack a Luna bar for each day and make that the other part of my breakfast. That and a refilled bottle of water as we head out for the day seems to get me off to a great start.

Buffets are also a good opportunity for me - I try to make sure that at least half of my plate has fruit and vegetables on it on any given trip.

I love seafood, so I tend toward fish and shellfish at table service restaurants. I read the preparations carefully and am definitely not shy about asking to have "unhelpful" ingredients removed or substituted.

At quick-service locations, I'll often get a pack of grapes, typically part of a kids' meal, for myself. Eating them one at a time takes a little while, and I'm therefore not spending that time eating fries or ice cream.

I treat myself to something awesome every day that I'm only going to find at WDW (in addition to reasonable desserts at dinner!). If it's my MegaSuperAwesome Treat - the dark chocolate caramel cookie at Karamelle-Kuche in Germany - I get half of it when I buy it and half of it the next day. If they're out (and sadly they often are), I get one of the giant dipped strawberries. Heavenly. :cloud9:

Hope everyone has a great Monday!
XO
Liz

this accountability thing must be getting to me...GOOD!

i skipped my workout this morning and i felt the need to confess. i'm just really not feeling good -- queasy, weak, fatigue...typical for post-op pituitary surgery but ugh i just feel crappy. i'm trying to push through, i have an appt at 1 so i did shower and i'm heading out the door for it and a stop at trader joes. i could really talk myself out of it, but maybe the sunshine will perk me up

Susan: Sorry about your loss. :hug:

I'm on a roll today... I found 3 jobs to apply for. I will wait to apply on Tuesday only because my DS will be waking up from his nap soon and I really need to concentrate for that.

Good luck with your job search! :goodvibes

I now need to organize the pantry so all the GF food is accessible and not on top of wheat products. I'm off to do that.

BBL.

The first one is done, but I apologize. I never got back on here last night. I ended up getting further kicked by TOM. :headache:

I have to crow a little bit because I've never had such a great weekend for exercise, and it's all down to the HH challenge. I don't think I'd have pushed myself if it weren't for that little competitive edge! :) Yesterday was gorgeous, up over 60 here, so we had outdoor activity and a great Just Dance session (DDs have just starting doing it with me, which is a lot of fun - I also like that they see me getting exercise). We did that again today after church, and then I broke my 30-minute speed record on the exercise bike thanks to an exciting football game (Go Giants!).

Wow! WTG! :woohoo:

Wally World trip went well. I knew it was going to be kind of high. I had to buy a few spices and other items that weren't food related. Overall I'd say we didn't do bad considering that's suppose to be everything we need for a month. We'll have to restock on the normal stuff: bread, milk, etc but for the most part all the shopping is done.

I would love to only go grocery shopping once a month. :cool1: Unfortunately, prices around here do me in and I have to shop sales. Plus, after 10 days without power, my parents and I are leery of having a fully-stocked freezer. We got lucky that all we lost were a few packages of waffles and some frozen blueberries, but we also threw a party for the neighbors and took a lot of it to my sister’s house. She lives 30 minutes away and didn’t lose power. We can’t assume we’ll get that lucky the next time.

CC: Do you mind sharing why you are GF? I dont' remember if you have. I'm curious since there is a chance I may have an allergy or intolerance, I am waiting to hear back on the bloodwork I had done last week.

I will send you a PM. It is kind of a long story. Okay, a really long story.

I am proud of myself, today I will have officially logged food for an entire week. I don't know if I have ever done that before! I am excited because I even logged when I was not 100% on plan.

:yay::yay::yay:

I think what has helped me the most this week is that I only ate out once this week (My mom went and bought us pizza and greek salad because I was working half the day building her new computer desk/that was kinda a work out-it was a lot of work for me)

:woohoo: My feeling about eating out is that there are plenty of healthy options if restaurants didn’t think salt is a food group. Even a tossed salad with chicken breast on it is salty. Don’t be afraid to ask the restaurant to make changes. I’ll get off my soap box now.

I will also add flavored ice to my water. Love drinking ice cold water and the ice adds just enough flavore. My grocery stores sells lemon, lime, and tangerine flavored ice.

That is awesome! :cool1:

chicken enchiladas. yum! i hope you feel better too!

Thanks! The chicken enchiladas were a disaster. They tasted okay, but they looked horrible. Mom drama ensued, etc. I am still frustrated about it. I could probably vent for an hour or more about it. Then, I ate and ate and ate a bunch of stuff with milk in it and I’m feeling awful. Mom drama is such a :headache:

Okay, here's the plan for suppers this week:

Tonight: grilled chicken, salad

Monday: beef stew, rice

Tuesday - soup (gotta go to the dentist)

Wednesday - chicken strips, salad

Thursday - omelet (I love breakfast for dinner!)

Friday - fish, fries

Saturday - grilled cheese

Sunday - ham, potatoes, veggies

:thumbsup2 Great plan! I suggested breakfast for dinner and got vetoed. Love that you are getting support!

Dinner is ate and now I'm letting my food settle while I'm watching Alvin and the Chipmunk movie (the 2nd one). Once my food is settled then I'm going to get my workout in. Week 2, Day 1 of Biggest Loser on the kinect. My mile is complete but the pedometer is still going... :) My water is drank for the day. Don't really have any plans for tomorrow as of right now.

:yay: Nice job!

:welcome: Patty! Love your pictures! You look great!

Btw, where is your friend Cam?

I guess all I want to say is right now I'm in a terrific head space. Let's all prray. :rotfl2:

Well excuse me while I have a personal celebration of my mental health. :rotfl2:

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: Definitely celebrate!

i ate more than my calorie allotment today. i'm not beating myself up about it (too much) because none of it was crap food...more like, an extra sweet potato and piece of chicken. DH bought devil dogs and i made him put them on the high shelf so i can't get them. :rolleyes1

:thumbsup2 Nice job! Do not go near the Devil Dogs. I think those are the food my sister ate (or was it a Ho-Ho?) and learned she was lactose intolerant. And so did her elementary school. ;)

To My Mickeys
It's a new week! When you're feeling down or tempted, think of the folks on this thread and stay the course (or at least try! :lmao:). Seriously, this group has been really motivating to me, and I love that I'm not in this alone. It's great to know that others are facing the same challenge(s) I am, and that if I need help or support, you're a login away.

:thumbsup2

I also tracked everything I ate and stayed on target. I have now officially tracked for a full week! :cool1: I am a horrible procrastinator and tend to stop tracking midway through the week, so this is a big deal for me.

I forget to mention a NSV that I had earlier this week: Our Orientation and Mobility Specialist asked me if I had been losing weight. I haven't really lost that much yet, so it was nice that somebody noticed!

:thumbsup2 for both!

Mom and I will be taking a trip to the local ImmediateCare tomorrow morning, because something is definitely wrong with my knee from my fall down the stairs. It's not bruised and I didn't hit it, but it's the side that slipped on the stair in the first place. There's a rather large bump that feels like bone that shouldn't be there-Mom thinks I may have dislocated my knee cap. It still hurts, and is kind of making cracking noises when I bend/unbend it.:scared1: Hopefully it's something they can fix quickly![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Hope you figure things out and that there is no impact on the CP! :goodvibes

Hi Pamela! Sounds like you had a really busy weekend. Hope today goes well. :goodvibes

Adults can order a kid’s meal at CS places is my big one. This is really a good idea at places that have a toppings bar. A kid’s size hamburger can instantly be transformed into a large meal via a toppings bar. :)

Today I will:
Record what I eat
Drink my water

Great plan! :thumbsup2

Hi Molli! Hope you have a great day today. FWIW, today is a new day! :goodvibes

:welcome: Ami! WTG on your weight loss success!

Good morning, everyone! Still cruising here, and I'm giving tons of credit to this challenge. I knew I'd be rededicating myself to WW (I'm our company's liaison for our at work session), but I needed an extra push, and I think this is it. I can't remember the last time I exercised seven days in a row! I started Jillian's Ripped in 30 this morning, and she kicked my butt on the abs - I did pretty well on the cardio and strength sections. I will happily take a day off from her on the weekend! Then I did 30 minutes on my bike, 8.6 miles on the fat burner program. While watching the new Hungry Girl episode. :)

Great job Liz! :cool1:

OK, I give up trying to Catch up.
So I'm starting from here.
If anyone has anything to ask or tell, let me know.

LTS: DS11 will be switching this week, I just need to gather uniform stuff but EVERYONE is out of white long sleeve dress shirts!

So I'm here, been not doing well. No excuse other then being lazy. I need to get my butt in gear!!!
We have been doing pretty well in the no eating out. DH and I had pizza at DS15's track meet at URI last weekend, but we were told we'd be done by 11 and ended up not being done until 12:30. I had hoped to be home for lunch but it didn't work out that way.
I'm still soda free, I still crave it sometimes but my resolve is pretty good there. I'vs also just about given up the carmel macchiatos and have switched to hot tea.
I need to up my water though.

The house organization is coming along pretty well, trying to keep up with the kitchen which is helping with home cooked meals. Now I just need to be motivated to cook, I'm in a food slump.

OK, lunch is over. Gonna go hit the boys room again.
I promise to try and get here more!!!

My biggest suitcase is packed. Here are my vaccum sealed bags-there are two pillows and undergarments in the left and all my other clothes on the right.

Oh my gosh, where have these bags been all my life?! After a lot of squishing, they both fit into my biggest suitcase, along with some other miscellaneous items (flip flops, pictures frames, power strips, ethernet cable, etc). That leaves my medium suitcase to hold everything else-not that there should be much, just like toiletries and hangers.

I check in for my flight and 8:30 tomorrow...well, actually I guess it's later this morning now. Since I'm flying Southwest, I say it's a lot like registering for classes: log onto the website and put in your info 5-10 minutes before the appointed time, keep refreshing the page until the system lets you in; once it does, click as fast as you can and hope for the best! :thumbsup2 The flight isn't sold out at any price point, so I'll take that as a positive sign.

Have the most incredible time! :goodvibes I can't wait to have you posting about being at Disney and being part of the college program. I love that you posted photos of our bags and how you packed...as a total over-packing sort of person, this looks like something that could help me pack even more! :rotfl2:

I hope you can figure out what is up with your knee before you go and that it doesn't hurt any more! :hug:

GOOD MORNING LOSERS!!

My favorite tips have already been mentioned...eat kids meals as an adult because they are usually plenty of food. Split meals with a friend when you can. We love to eat meals where there is a toppings bar because you can totally turn a smaller portion into a large healthier option. Drink tons of water every day. Research menus so that you know what is the best choice for you and then stick to your plan!

one minute on the lips....forever on the hips

Love that saying! Today on the Team Donald thread we are sharing quotes to motivate us, inspire us or keep us going.

Here is the one I will be sharing that I used while training for my first marathon:
This is NOT about instant gratification. You have to work hard for it, sweat for it and give up sleeping in to get your extra workout done!

Healthy Habits Update: I am all caught up on PMs. If you sent me your Healthy Habits scores and did not receive a reply, please PM me again. Thank you! :goodvibes

CC - I totally missed sending this to you! I feel really bad and will still send it late. Sorry. :flower3:

Thanks! The chicken enchiladas were a disaster. They tasted okay, but they looked horrible. Mom drama ensued, etc. I am still frustrated about it. I could probably vent for an hour or more about it. Then, I ate and ate and ate a bunch of stuff with milk in it and I’m feeling awful. Mom drama is such a :headache:

:hug: I don't have time to reply to everyone today but I wanted to send some hugs your way CC. Mom drama is so difficult. My mom often sends me into tailspins that have lead to eating things I shouldn't. You are AMAZING with all that you do for yourself and your family (and all that you do here on the WISH)! Sorry it happened. Sorry it left you feeling awful. :hug:

Hello team!
Breakfast was good with yogurt and almonds. Had my morning coffee black, been doing well drinking water and have done 30 mins on the elliptical. Enjoying a salad for lunch. I plan to get on the elliptical again this afternoon. My afternoon snack is a banana and apple. I also brought strawberries. This evening is a mystery.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter