• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Team Mickey - Biggest Loser "No Excuses" 2012 Challenge

Okay, everything on my to do list is complete EXCEPT working out. Alan is finishing up dinner and I'm going to get to exercising afterwards. I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do. Its a rest day on my BL Kinect game. I'm thinkiong a short 10 minute ab workout with Bob (trust me it seems like a short time but it kicks my butt every time!). Then I'm going to do a 20 minute Sparkpeople video and then I'm not sure what else I'll do. I'm aiming for 60 minutes each night. I know my pedometer is creeping closely to 1 mile. I've had it on since I woke up this afternoon. I typically log that in my Sparkpeople fitness tracker as 1 mile, half an hour. Typically when I'm on the treadmill it takes that long. However, I'd feel like I was cheating if I put down a time on it because well that's what I walked over the course of the day.

Okay, I'm off to eat dinner. He just set it in front of me :)

Evening All!

Not too bad of a day. I ate okay and I'm pretty sure everything was GF. I am going to take LTS's suggestion and create a binder. Thank you! :goodvibes

Kristina: Thank you for sharing. :hug: 10 lbs is great! :yay:

I love the idea of planning our healthy journey like a trip to WDW Buckeye Fan! FWIW, my new journal is working out great and may just end up as detailed as my commando park touring style pre-planning. :goodvibes

My plan for tomorrow is limited. I will be job searching and probably going to the grocery store. I do hope to go to the gym and re-start C25K. My other goal for tomorrow is to figure out how to add our Team Mickey clippie to my signature. :rotfl2:

Please PM your starting weight to dvccruiser76 (Sue). Please remember to put Team Mickey in the subject of your PM.

Have a great night everyone!

Evening All!

Not too bad of a day. I ate okay and I'm pretty sure everything was GF. I am going to take LTS's suggestion and create a binder. Thank you! :goodvibes

Kristina: Thank you for sharing. :hug: 10 lbs is great! :yay:

I love the idea of planning our healthy journey like a trip to WDW Buckeye Fan! FWIW, my new journal is working out great and may just end up as detailed as my commando park touring style pre-planning. :goodvibes

My plan for tomorrow is limited. I will be job searching and probably going to the grocery store. I do hope to go to the gym and re-start C25K. My other goal for tomorrow is to figure out how to add our Team Mickey clippie to my signature. :rotfl2:

Please PM your starting weight to dvccruiser76 (Sue). Please remember to put Team Mickey in the subject of your PM.

Have a great night everyone!

Good luck with your job search cclovesdis. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Greetings Team Mickey

I am so excited to be a part of this team challenge. My name is Jen. I'm a 35 year old Speech and Language Therapist with a wonderful DH, DSS 17, DS 10, and DD 6. I am also on the run a lot DS belongs to a traveling basketball league, and DD is a gymnast. Organization is going to be a big part of being successful.

Three years ago, I lost quite a bit of weight, and I felt so good. I've slowly been putting the pounds back on. My goal for the challenge is to lose 35 pounds.

To answer the questions of the days: I know I can accomplish my goals because I've done this before--I know what works for my body...I just have to do it! I think tracking is really important for a lot of people, but for me it just feels like a chore--keeping a mental tally works pretty well for me. I'm good at not fooling myself.

I love reading all of the posts; everyone's goals and progress really help to keep me on track. I'm going back to work tomorrow, and making the time to post is going to be one of my focuses this week. The accountability of posting helps me to stay on track.

Keep up the great work everyone.

Just think of that as weight training! People pay a lot of money for special ankle weights to enhance their workout, you have one for free!:rotfl2:

Get back on the scale holding the baby. Then tomorrow weigh without him- Instant loss!!:rotfl2:

LTS these made me Lol, thanks for that!

HAPPY MONDAY TO ME!! The blog I wrote:

Moral of the blog? "Slow and steady wins the race".

Okay well my first night of going to bed early didn't work out so well. Yes, I was off the computer and in bed before midnight, but then laid and watched tv til 2. Then when I finally tried to fall asleep I tossed and turned another 2 hours. I wasn't awake til noon. UGH. Oh well tonight is a new night let's try this again.

Congrats on the 10 pounds :thumbsup2:cool1:
I feel you on the tossing and turning I do that every night! It's horrible especially when I wake up at 5 to go to work or the gym! :eek: I have tired everything the only thing that helps us actually working out. I have noticed that the days that I work out I can usually fall to sleep without any problems.

Good afternoon, all! I have to admit, I need some love from you guys. LOL! :love: Feeling so much anxiety today, and honestly, I'm mostly a cup half full person. So here it goes...

- Starting a new job tomorrow. I've been in a really bad job situation over the past 8 months, and what should be an exciting time is causing a ton of anxiety. Please keep me in your prayers. Fortunately through all of this, my weight has been pretty steady, so I didn't gain from the stress.
- My head is playing games with me. So much of weight loss (especially for women) is mental. I'm beating myself up before I ever start. It kind of goes something like this..."Why are you trying to lose YET again? You've done this a million times before and never lose weight. Why do you think this time is going to be any different?"
- I go back to work tomorrow after a nice vacation. The rat race starts again, and I can find no time for myself. My sincere thanks to whoever posted the quote about all of the magnificent people who all had 24 hrs in a day as well. So I'm going to work to put more discipline around my time and plan more than I do.

Bottom line...I need to plan my diet and exercise like I plan my Disney trips! If I put in that much effort, I'd be model thin and love every second of it! :rotfl: Thanks for your support and prayers, and though the new year brings a lot of excitement and focus, I just wanted folks to know if it brings anxiety as well, you are not alone. Have a wonderful week, everyone. :hug:

Good Luck at the new job tomorrow!! I understand the mind games all to well, it happens to me too especially when I'm having a bad day. Try to squash those negative thoughts by finding inspiring quotes or words to put in places you will see them. I agree with you on the whole planning like a Disney trip... maybe you can try to set aside a couple of hours on your days off and plan for the upcoming week. :hug:

Good afternoon! Welcome to all the newcomers. I have to say, I didn't make the best choices yesterday, but when I entered everything in myfitnesspal app, it wasn't as bad as I expected. Today I'm doing much better... I went shopping today, and instead of grabbing some fast food while I was out, I came home and fixed a turkey spinach wrap. That is big step for me! My goal this week is to bring my lunch to work every day instead of eating out... and water... drink lots and lots of water.

That's great! Bringing your lunch to work is a great idea I find I always eat healthier when I bring my own food. Your wallet will thank you too! ;)

Lisa, thanks for the link... I didn't even know that thread existed ;). My quick fix for the unappealing color was to drink it with a straw lol!

Hello Team Mickey!!!

I joined yesterday and am still trying to figure out how this all works! It may take me a few days to get up to speed, but I will just jump right in!

Thanks for letting me be part of the team!
Katy

pixiedust: Welcome Katy! We're glad to have you on the team.

Good Morning ! My name is Kim and I live in beautiful Montreal. This is a city obsessed with food. I swear I can hear the croissants calling me :confused3.

I have a sugar addiction. I crave it all the time ! No chips for me, just chocolate, licorice and white carbs. I plan on reaching my weight loss goal (20 lbs) by first cutting the sugar and bad carbs. I will also run every second day and I started writing down every morsel that passes my lips. I have also promised myself that I am not going to be a human garbage disposal...does anyone else feel a compulsion to gaze on what their kids leave on their plates????

I am so excited to be part of this challenge...I think you are all a HUGE inspiration.:thumbsup2

Cutting out sugar was hard for me at first, but I have found that I truly feel better when I don't eat it. (I have diabetes so I feel it right away when I slip). Eventually you will stop craving it so much. Good luck!

Hi everyone! Thanks for the advice on the pop situation!!! I did not drink a single pop yesterday and only drank water, now I just have to get past feeling bored with my drink!

Cutting out soda was probabl the hardest thing for me when I got diabetes. I am not a big water drinker by nature. I found that by replacing soda with iced tea I was able to stick to it a lot easier (and avoid the caffeine headaches.) I now also enjoy coffee. I split my milk serving between two cups of coffee instead of getting a sugary coffee beverage. I like to mix it up by using coconut milk in the place of dairy. Fewer calories and oh so good! For workouts I drink Zico which is a coconut water. It has lots of potassium in it and electrolytes. I find that it really helps me when I am doing strenuous exercise. It doesn't have half the sugar and crap that sports drinks have. Try mixing it up and you might find it easier.

Good Morning!!!

So yesterday was an ok day. It was my last guilt free day... but I did manage to do all of my HH. So Yay for that. Today is day one of a 48hrs detox I'm doing with my gym buddy; I start the gym on Wednesday.
These two days are going to be extra hard for me because I'm one of those people that wants to eat everything the minute I tell myself I can't. This detox isn't even that horrible.
Today so far I've had the detox smoothie for breakfast which is:
1/2 cup of Almond milk
1/4 of a Banana
1/4 cup Frozen Blueberries
1 Tablespoon of Flaxseeds
1/2 cup of Ice
Blend it all together and you have something that looks horrible (kind of grayish) but the taste is actually pretty good.

I'm also allowed to snack on cucumbers, green beans, and radishes seasoned with olive oil and black pepper.

There is also a juice snack if anyone is interested let me know and I'll post that recipe.

Hello! We are going to WDW in May as well what days will you be there?

Glad that you had a productive day yesterday, even if it was guilt free. That smoothie sounds good. I would be interested in that juice snack. Is there a name to the detox you are doing? I don't necessarily believe in all the claims about needing to detoxify your liver (it does a pretty good job on its own), but it seems like a great way to jump start weight loss.

:wave2: Good Morning Losers and Maintainers:cheer2:

I will have to go with Depends on the Person, because I don't journal. I hate journaling, I am terrible at remembering to do it. I tried really hard last year and kept with it for a month or so but there wasn't any difference in how successful I was while I was journaling and when I wasn't. Part of that for me is because of the way South Beach works and how familiar I am with the plan. And I KNOW when I have "cheated"-- there is no surprise to me when I step on the scale and it doesn't say what I want. The only benefit I personally got out of it was just as a resource to go back and see what I had eaten when planning meals.

I also am a "routine" person so my breakfast is almost always one of 2 things (Go Lean Oatmeal or eggs and turkey bacon), my snacks are pretty much all the same (yogurt and nuts) and I usually have the same salad and/or soup for lunch. The only big change from day to day is dinner and that is on my meal planner so I know what it was.

However I do think that it is important for a lot of the Weight Loss programs out there and I do think there are many people that really benefit from having it all written down, so I am a huge :cheer2: for journaling.

How are you liking South Beach? I know what you mean about knowing whether or not you have cheated. Once you get into a routine, you know if you're eating right or not.

Hi everyone i'm Lynette, and I live in NorthernIireland.

I have a real problem with binge eating, I can sit down and eat a full bag of chips and not even bat an eyelid, I HATE that! I lost 20lbs last year in the spring doing slimming world, but when I went back to college I put back on around 10 lbs. I am determined to get this weight shifted I have just slowly got heavier and heavier and I am now about the heaviest out of all my friends, but I am sick of this I want to change and i dont care if it takes me a year but i am determined to get this weight off.

I started gaining weight at around 10 years old when my mum was diagnosed with cancer, I just comfort ate and also because there were months on end when we would go straight from being picked up at school and have to go to the hospital, we were all used to eating junk food or having take aways because no one had time to cook. Well 4 years ago my mum passed away and it has been hard, for a long time I just wasnt taking care of myself, but I have decided that I need to start looking out for myself because it is up to me to get healthy.

Well I am glad to meet everyone and hope that we can all support one another and meet our goals, I hope to lose 20lbs during this challenge.

Welcome! I'm sorry to hear about your mum, that must have been hard. It seems like you are like a lot of us and need to find a way to deal with those feelings that is not food related. That is something that I still struggle with at times. It's neat that you live in Ireland. I've always wanted to go there. Do you like it?

:wave: Hi Molli! I'm baaaaaccccck!

I just joined and got my PM. Here I am, Mickey, for another go. It seems that I am the senior member of the group at a just-turned-58-years-old.

I live in Southern Ontario (near the OTHER London ;) ), have 5 kids who are-almost all- out of the house: 2 at (different) university, 1 with a full time job and living not too far from home, 1 teaching in Cairo, Egypt, and the boy in the basement. :rolleyes:

I am posting from Cairo, as I have been visiting my daughter for Christmas, much to the chagrin of the other four who spent it at home with their Dad (he didn't want to travel, and the walking would have been a tough go for him). I return tomorrow, but don't anticipate being up to posting for a couple of days. Sooooo
:

Wow! I can't believe you got to go to Cairo. That must have been very neat. Welcome to the team! I hope when you get back you will share some of what you saw there.

Hi there Team Mickey!!! I have been away from the Dis for a while and when I returned today, I saw this challenge and knew right away that I had to join.

My name is Becky and I live in NH. I have two sons (12 & 10 years old) and a husband that is more of a kid than those two! I am looking to lose about 25 pounds this year. I don't expect it to all come off in 3 months or anything unrealistic like that. I know that it takes time.

I am looking forward to the support and motivation as well as great ideas that come from working toward a goal with a team.

Good luck all!!

Becky

Welcome Becky!

Good afternoon, all! I have to admit, I need some love from you guys. LOL! :love: Feeling so much anxiety today, and honestly, I'm mostly a cup half full person. So here it goes...

- Starting a new job tomorrow. I've been in a really bad job situation over the past 8 months, and what should be an exciting time is causing a ton of anxiety. Please keep me in your prayers. Fortunately through all of this, my weight has been pretty steady, so I didn't gain from the stress.
- My head is playing games with me. So much of weight loss (especially for women) is mental. I'm beating myself up before I ever start. It kind of goes something like this..."Why are you trying to lose YET again? You've done this a million times before and never lose weight. Why do you think this time is going to be any different?"
- I go back to work tomorrow after a nice vacation. The rat race starts again, and I can find no time for myself. My sincere thanks to whoever posted the quote about all of the magnificent people who all had 24 hrs in a day as well. So I'm going to work to put more discipline around my time and plan more than I do.

Bottom line...I need to plan my diet and exercise like I plan my Disney trips! If I put in that much effort, I'd be model thin and love every second of it! :rotfl: Thanks for your support and prayers, and though the new year brings a lot of excitement and focus, I just wanted folks to know if it brings anxiety as well, you are not alone. Have a wonderful week, everyone. :hug:

I hope that everything goes well for you tomorrow. It sucks to be in a bad situation with your job. Something that helped me in the past was to make my meals in advance and have them measured and portioned out. I would even journal in pencil in advance so I couldn't use not having time as an excuse.

I meant to say :welcome: to all the new team members but I forgot to add it at the end.

pixiedust: Welcome Katy! We're glad to have you on the team.

Cutting out sugar was hard for me at first, but I have found that I truly feel better when I don't eat it. (I have diabetes so I feel it right away when I slip). Eventually you will stop craving it so much. Good luck!

Glad that you had a productive day yesterday, even if it was guilt free. That smoothie sounds good. I would be interested in that juice snack. Is there a name to the detox you are doing? I don't necessarily believe in all the claims about needing to detoxify your liver (it does a pretty good job on its own), but it seems like a great way to jump start weight loss.

I'm also not that much of a believer, but since I no longer have a gallbladder and it takes my body longer to digest food that it used to I decided to go ahead and give it a try. It is actually part of Dr. Oz's 48 hours detox here is the link: Dr. Oz 48 Hours Detox My gym buddy who is also my co-worker handed it to me last week and said if I would do it with her so I said ok ;)

Hello Team Mickey!

I just joined and was added to this great team.

I am Kristi - 40 - from the Cleveland, OH area. I lost 50 lbs on WW last year and won the BL Fall 2010 challenge. I have gained a few back and hope that I can lose it again with all of the inspiration I gain from here.

Congratulations on winning the challenge! It sounds like you already have the right tools and know what to do. That's half the battle.

Good afternoon! Welcome to all the newcomers. I have to say, I didn't make the best choices yesterday, but when I entered everything in myfitnesspal app, it wasn't as bad as I expected. Today I'm doing much better... I went shopping today, and instead of grabbing some fast food while I was out, I came home and fixed a turkey spinach wrap. That is big step for me! My goal this week is to bring my lunch to work every day instead of eating out... and water... drink lots and lots of water.

I hope everyone is doing great!

Don't you love when you track and it's not as bad as you fear?

I'm normally not one to talk a lot about what happened to me back in 2008. However, I thought with this being a new year and everyone wanting to make new changes in their lives that I would share this blog I just wrote. Yes, changes can be scary but a lot of times they are worth it:

Thank you for sharing that with us. I cannot even imagine what you have been through. I am glad you found some peace.

I think I had a pretty good first day. Water,eggs, pork chops, faux potatoes, and salad kept me from roaming around the kitchen staring into the fridge.
No munch attacks yet. They will come though and I'm in need of some new snacks or yummies that will curb the appetite without being overly carby.

So how was your day today? And what are your favorite go-to foods to curb the munch monster within?

I have a lot of the same issues. Honestly, I try to keep most of it out of the house. My husband loves junk food (lots of cookies and donuts), so I put it on "his" shelf and try not to touch it. That has worked so far. I've been doing Jenny Craig, so I use their snacks which normally have a fair bit of protein in them. I also try to space stuff out so I have a snack between meals and don't let myself get desperate. Nuts and yogurt or greek yogurt would be good. Sometimes I would do beef jerky. When I did Slim4Life (a local place) I would do rice cakes or AkMak crackers with a little bit of Promise Lite. Nut Thins are not too bad. Hummus is good with pita chips or veggie sticks. I also like trying out different fruits. Our new Hy Vee has a ton of more exotic things, so it keeps it exciting. Today I had a Rambutan.

Greetings Team Mickey

I am so excited to be a part of this team challenge. My name is Jen. I'm a 35 year old Speech and Language Therapist with a wonderful DH, DSS 17, DS 10, and DD 6. I am also on the run a lot DS belongs to a traveling basketball league, and DD is a gymnast. Organization is going to be a big part of being successful.

Welcome! What population do you work with? Are you in a school system?

Hello everyone on Team Mickey ::MickeyMo

First time I have had all day to get online and check in.

Today has been a busy day. Got up this morning and worked out about 45 min. Stupid me tried to workout w/o having any food in my system :sad2: and I quickly got lightheaded and had to go grab an orange. Spent most of the afternoon taking down Christmas decorations and cleaning up the family room.

Enjoying an evening snack of string cheese, clementine and water :thumbsup2

:welcome: to our new teammates -- I will be back for more personal replies tomorrow.

When I coach the first week of a new challenge I like to go over the basics, review the things that we know, (or think we know ;)), to make sure that we have the tools that we need for success. :cool2:

Which brings me to topic of discussion for tomorrow which was inspired by a comment Nancy made about portion sizes.

Portion sizes are another one of those areas where you think you are doing what you should but when you double check you sometimes find out that you are not. :confused3

This is a great article from sparkpeople called What Does 300 Calories Really Look Like? See Pictures of 300, 350, and 400-Calorie Meals Here is the link. http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/nutrition_articles.asp?id=1260

It is quite an eye opener and helps you to make better choices in what you eat.

If you want to know more about portion sizes here is another article from sparkpeople.com called The Portion Distortion Guide
A List of Serving Sizes http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/nutrition_articles.asp?id=177
that tells you what a serving size is for different food.

Which brings me to my question of the day for Tuesday, January 3, 2012: Are you surprised by how much (or little) you can eat for the calories, depending on which foods you choose? Which meal was most shocking to you?

I'll be back tomorrow to answer.

Have a great evening all! ::MickeyMo

Yesterday I allowed myself to be off track. I hadn't gone produce shopping yet and was still feeling icky from the night before. However, I don't think I did too badly.

I really got back on track today. I made sure I had all my produce (Jenny Craig has been forcing me to eat a lot more produce than I normally would- which is good!). I love going to our Hy Vee and seeing what they have. I've been trying different things. Toda I had purple snap peas on my salad, had Rambutan for snack, and a Tangelo for dessert. It's been nice to mix things up.

Tomorrow I go in for the blood tests my integrative doctor ordered. I'm hoping to get to the bottom of why at 27 I have diabetes when I didn't gain weight until after the symptoms started and have no family history, asthma or chronic bronchitis when I have never smoked, and IBS. Part of the testing is for food intolerance, and I have to admit I'm a little nervous. I don't know what I'll do if they tell me it is a gluten problem. I will say that I have something like a month's supply of Jenny, so I will eat that all first before going gluten free if that's what they tell me.

QOTD: I think tracking is important. It make me be honest with myself. It's easy to forget about what an old WW leader called the BLTs: Bites, Licks, and Tastes. I use an armband by Body Media as part of my Jenny Craig. It really is motivating to see how many calories I burn and if I am at a deficit or surplus. I also like all the graphics, I am a visual person and they make it easy to understand. This is what it looks like:

Bodymedia.jpg

Catching up on my QOTD's:

QOTD Saturday, December 31, 2011: Please introduce yourself and tell us about your goals for this challenge.

I'm Michele, early 40's, teacher, married 16 yrs, 2 children (10 & 6), one of whom has some special needs, and caregiver of my father, in an assisted living a few miles away. Lots of demands! Not lots of spare time, lol! I have about 10 stubborn lbs to lose.

Goals:
1. Follow training plan & survive HM in May. I am slow as a glacier, but that's ok!
2. Finish Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred this January. Did Day 5 today...
3. Get minimum 7 hrs sleep. I think this might be super important--key.
4. Track my food on myfitnesspal. Daily. Good or bad.
5. Drop 7-10 lbs.
6. Continue updating my blog regularly--for me.

Which leads me to the Question of the Day for Sunday, January 1, 2012: How will you make sure you achieve your goals this challenge and this year?

• upping my sleep
  • recording food intake
  • carving out 30 min/day for exercise
  • stay connected with this thread--I even signed up to coach in two weeks, I hope that keeps me engaged:)

QOTD Monday, January 2, 2012: Do you think tracking food is an important part of weight loss?

Totally for me:thumbsup2

Getting to bed NOW to fulfill my new 7 hours/night goal. I am really nervous about fitting in exercise now that school/activities are starting up again...

Which brings me to my question of the day for Tuesday, January 3, 2012: Are you surprised by how much (or little) you can eat for the calories, depending on which foods you choose? Which meal was most shocking to you?

For the most part I'm not surpised because I've been doing this for so long I mentally now know how many calories are in portions of the foods I eat a lot of the times. However, there are sometimes when I'm trying a new recipe or I'm out to eat and I get surprised by the calorie count.

CC - I have started a weight loss binder (even has a pic of Mickey on the front). I bought 24 dividers with tabs and made a divider for each month and then 12 more dividers that each sad "EXERCISE). Behind each monthly divider I put my 4 weekly meal plan templates (I'll post pics of all of this tomorrow). Then the EXERCISE divider goes behind the month divider (ex: January). This is where I put my monthly calendar template that I have written my exercises on. I also have the print outs from Sparkpeople for each week that i've done exercise. That print out shows what I did on a given day, how many minutes I did that activity, and how many calories I burned. I keep all of this as a good reference for me to look back at for exercise ideas and to keep me motivated.

Morning all,

Just realized I never introduced myself!

I am Tracey. I am a 41 yr old, mother, wife, massage therapist, Herbalife distributor, cook, chauffeur, etc. I think this is my 5th challenge. I keep losing count. I have done well in the past but 2011 was a rough year and I put back on most of what I lost in 2010. I know I can lose it again. I just need the motivation which this year comes in the form of going on PCC3.0 with the family this June. It will be our first cruise ever and we are so excited. We still have some things to schedule but we need to get through my parents visit and get together with our friends going with us.

I plan on starting my workouts in 10 days after I return from bringing my parents to NC. They have been here about 3 weeks. We got the Kinect for Christmas and DH gave me the BL game so that will be my main workout each day. I also am a huge fan of Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds so I will get back to doing that a few days a week.

Gotta go now and fix DD11s breakfast and lunch. First day back to school after vacation. Wasn't the best vacation as 4 out of 6 of us had the stomach bug over Christmas. I have two clients today and then have to take DD1 to dancing and then try and get my house back in shape as my brother and his family come for a visit on Saturday and Sunday.

TTFN :tigger:

Good morning everyone! this morning I trotted on the treadmill for 2 miles so hopefully I can stick to this routine of getting exercise out of the way in the morning before DD wakes up and DH and I have to go to work. We have a new olympic facility that opened 1 mile from our house and that has a fitness and auquatics club my family joined. DH works out there at 5:30 am 3 days a week, I have yet to step foot in the place to work out.They are offering Zumba and cycle so I plan on trying those in the evening. It's hard for me to leave DD for an hour in the evening when she goes to bed around 8:30 that cuts into our time since I'm gone until 3:30 at work. I feel guilty so we'll see at least I'm treadmilling in the AM. I'm sure 1 extra hour a week isn't going to scar her for life right?!? Have a good day Team and keep on truckin'!

"Which brings me to my question of the day for Tuesday, January 3, 2012: Are you surprised by how much (or little) you can eat for the calories, depending on which foods you choose? Which meal was most shocking to you? "

The food that surprised me the most recently was the Peppermint Mocha drink that McDonald's had over the holidays. Our news talked about it on a health segment one night- over 400 calories! It's so easy to forget about drinks when you are adding up calories, but that thing is as much as a small meal.:scared1:

Amanda

Good Morning just thought I'd say hi before going to work. I didn't do well at all yesterday but it was my last day off work and now I'll be more on a schedule so that should help. I've packed my lunch so I'll do good until I get home tonight for sure and then it's a matter of will power. Have a good day everyone!

good morning losers!

it's so nice to see so many new "faces" on here! with all this support as well as our fantastic coach lisa we are all bound to succeed during this challenge!

QOTD: i think the most surprising thing is the amount of calories in a salad! here i used to think that if anything was served on top of lettuce it was ok! but hello! salad dressing has GOT to be the devil! a serving is usually only a tablespoon or two. when has ANYONE only used that much when not dieting?? even the fat free stuff or light stuff usually isn't all that good because it's loaded with sugar.

i usually just forgo the dressing all together because i never find myself using the correct portion. eyeballing is a no-no for me.

how are our no-more-soda losers doing? drinking enough water? i'm a seltzer addict. just plain seltzer. makes me feel like i'm drinking soda.

have a healthy and happy day everyone! it's cold here so i will need to figure out how to get out and move (i'm participating in that 100 day challenge on facebook).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter