• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Team Mickey - Biggest Loser "No Excuses" 2012 Challenge

I'm here so let's get this party started!!!!!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Woot! :earsboy:

Getting a jump on the New Year's Resolution...just did Level 1, Day 1 of Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. I did it this past summer and got to Day 5 of Level 2 (15 days in all) and got bored/sidetracked/filled with dread...etc. I did C25K this summer also, much more my scene, and after my 5k in October, have continued jogging sporadically--even "sporadic" has helped me survive Day 1 of Jillian better than this past summer, so I am cautiously optimistic.

My birthday is Jan 31 and I would like to get 30 days of shredding in by then ((((crossing fingers)))). Am very nervous about this when I go back to school, driving kids around afterward, etc. :guilty: Can I get up a half hour earlier???:scared1: Stay tuned...

Am thinking of blogging this experience. Any of you do that?

I'll check out the measuring containers in the kitchen later!
Good luck!

I'm impressed with getting to Level 2 of the Shred! :goodvibes A lot of people do WISH journals if you are thinking about doing something online.

Thanks for the quoting explaination, I'll try it out! We are going to Disney May 12th through the 18th. We will have just missed you guys! Where are you staying? I've posted a question on the resorts board whether to stay at BLT or VWL. BLT's theming doesn't seem to cut it for me, but the walk to MK is drawing me to stay there and of course the monorail...gotta get my fix of the bandaid smell that eminates through it!

I love riding the boats from Wilderness Lodge. :love: I've never stayed at BLT thought and I hear lots of good things about it. Let us know what you decide because we love to live vicariously through the travels of others. :thumbsup2

Hi! Is this your first CP? What role are you? Do you know where you are living? I did three CPs. One in Fantasyland Attractions and two in entertainment. I lived in Vista and Chatham (Patterson was still being built when I was there.) One of the big temptations is to eat all the Disney food which can be expensive! Make sure to make use of your kitchen. I would also recommend briging your own food to your shift because Aramark just wasn't that great. Let me know if you have any questions.

Great advice for Gretchen! :goodvibes

Just popping on to say "hi" to everyone. :goodvibes

I won't be on for a bit - I'm going away and don't do technology while I'm away. I almost used that as an excuse not to join. :rotfl2: Oh the excuses one can come up with - ;).

Now I have to remember to pack the scale. :rolleyes1

Happy New Year to you all.

I shall return.

Hi Lisa! :wave: Nice to see you! :flower3: Loved your TR by the way. :cool2:

:wave:

HI to my teammates:woohoo::woohoo:

This is my 2nd team challenge and I don't know how many BL challenges in. I dropped out of the last team challenge when life was just not going well. And while I wouldn't say life has gotten better in the interim I have gone on a Disney Magic cruise and changed a few things around, and making more of an effort in others so right now I am dealing better with what comes my way. :thumbsup2

For those who don't know me: I am Maureen and will be celebrating my birthday on the 15th. So just 2 weeks from a new year for me. My current day job is Target, and I'm wishing it wasn't. On the side I am selling AVON and doing better with it this year than last. I am hoping to get it to a point where it can be my only job, but that's a ways away yet.

On the fence about maintaining or losing this time around. I seem to go back and forth between the same 5-8lbs nowadays and it doesn't bother me at all. But I need to get back on my workout routine and have people who will help me keep it going. Will do my best to keep up with the thread but no promises.

Hi Maureen! :wave2: Nice to see you, too. :flower3:

Did you know that you were quoted quite often in the Fall Challenge? Here's the quote: I find everybody on the list an inspiration and everybody who participates in this challenge is an inspiration in and of themselves. Whether you post, lurk or just pm your weight and check results on Tuesdays, you have made a commitment to yourself. And that is the biggest inspiration of all!
BY Octoberbride03

You were inspiring people and you didn't even realize it! :cheer2:

BRB with the rest of the replies.

Hi! My name is Cassie And I am a pediatric registered nurse. This is my first biggest loser challenge and I am excited to start! I need to lose over 100 pounds. But I'm hoping for 20-30 for now! I am headed off to Disney next Wednesday. I am walking the Disney Half marathon with a team of 40 people. We are raising money for Comfot Zone Camp, a bereavement camp for kids.
I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone!

:welcome: Cassie! Good luck with the Disney Half Marathon this week. :cheer2: We will want to hear all about it.

hi friends i'm here! i'm here!!

it's so great to see new faces, and some familiar ones!!

ok, i want to share with you all my post from the BL challenge invitation thread

so my goal for this challenge is to be choosy and wise in my food choices and to exercise 4 days a week.

Hi Molli! So sorry to hear of your health challenges. :hug: Don't forget that you can change between loser and maintainer status any time during the challenge. :goodvibes

Excited to be here, I am! :yoda: Oh Mickey you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind, Hey Mickey! Hey Mickey! :smickey:

I just want you to know I've been singing that song ever since I saw this post! I think I'm going to have to go listen to It's a Small World. :lmao:

Yes, this is my first CP. I'm Main Entrance, and I've had someone check the hub for me to see where I'll be. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with Main Entrance, but I don't want to say here in case it changes. I have 5 people picked out to live with and we want Chatham, then Patterson.

I can't wait to hear about all your adventures! :thumbsup2

Maria I'm loving the cheer! Now it's in my head. Oh Mickey what a pity you don't understand....

Maybe you need to listen to It's a Small World, too! ;)

I am always busy and have attempted to get into shape on my own for awhile. Lately its become harder and harder so I am really hoping this will work. I am very optimistic after reading a lot of the encouraging stories here. I am hoping to lose at least 40 pounds by the time this challenge ends.

I am looking forward to the accountability factor, I really do believe that works. I have also joined the gym with a co-worker who has been very successful at losing and maintaining. I also look forward to learning from those of you who have been in previous challenges. So thank you in advance

:welcome: Bicki!

Greetings all! I'm Kipp and I go by KippWade on most social sites. I'm a 43 yo male that is tired of being called "Big Guy".

I started 2011 weighing in at the Doctors office at 282lb. I started running the C25K program in March and doing a BL type contest with my Dad up until our Disney trip around Labor Day.

Since ending our contest, I've pretty much been stuck in the 240's. Although I've flirted with climbing back over 250 during this Christmas season! :(

I'm relatively new to the DISboards and found it while looking for information for the Disney World 1/2 Marathon.

I plan on meeting with some people at the meets for the Marathon Weekend. The WDW 1/2 will be my first running event ever!

I'm hoping by joining in on this, it'll keep up my motivation and for me to reverse the recent gain and continue on with the weight loss I want.

:welcome: Kipp! Good luck on the WDW Half this week! :cheer2: Hope you get to see some of our fellow WISH racers. :thumbsup2

Hi. I'm Susan. I lost 50 pounds a year or so ago over the course of 2 years and lately have gained 20 back. In the last 3 months. It's getting a little frustrating and scary. I quit doing the challenges mostly because it was very easy for me to maintain for a long time and I was losing too much weight.

Hi Susan! :wave: So nice to see you! :flower3: I'll be thinking of your when I go to DL soon.

Good morning everyone! Well it's very early and I'm sitting on the Disboards catching up instead of getting on the treadmill. DH had to be at work at 5am so I woke up when he got up for work. DD is still sleeping so the best time to workout. Ok I'm going...I'm won't get any closer to my goal sitting here! Have a great day everyone!

Nice to get those workouts out of the way early in the day! ::yes::

Good morning, all! Many of you know me as I've been around Dis & BL challenges quite awhile.

I usually fade away through challenges, but I CAN NOT this time. I first joined WW on 1/28/03, and haven't made goal, on, off, up, down. Like most moms I let life get in my way and i am a MAJOR stress eater! I am about to start a new WISH journal here and get back in the groove. This will be the first New Years that I have weighed more than the previous, and I am disgusted with me! I need to lose about 50 lbs total according to my Drs, but am in really prettyngood shape for 51. Journaling is a must for me, and I rejoined WWnin Nov but have only been 3x. That, too, will be changing.

Hi Julie! :wave: Nice to see you! :flower3:

For those of you who are new to the WISH boards Julie hosts the exercise challenge thread -- it's a good way to get some extra accountability. :cool2:

Healthy Habits Information

Hello Everyone,

I understand that there is some confusion as to why I hinted as to the need for a notebook. I often ask you to write things down other than what you ate. Also, many people find that it is best to have everything together. One of my intentions for this challenge is to record some information about each day in my notebook. I will use myfitnesspal to journal my food, but my notebook will have other valuable information in it. Some of these include:
- # glasses of water I drank
- exercise for the day
- info on emotional health
- if I ate out that day

Hope that helps!

I track my food and exercise on myfitnesspal.com but still use a notebook, too. It's nice to have everything in one spot and it's easier to refer back to. :goodvibes

Hello Everyone!

Welcome to all of you! I see some new people so I wanted to mention that some of us are called by a first name or a nickname. If you could include your name or how you wish to be addressed, that would be greatly appreciated. The decision is yours to make; we can always use your Dis name. :goodvibes

Thanks for hostessing our thread and being HH coach, CC! :goodvibes

QOTD Saturday, December 31, 2011: Please introduce yourself and tell us about your goals for this challenge.

I'm Lisa and I discovered the WISH boards in 2009. I credit the WISH boards and the BL challenges for helping me to start every year weighing less than I did at the start. In 2011 I was very fortunate to get to go to the Princess Half Marathon and meet some of my BL friends in person. princess: It was a highlight of my year, even though I was swept a bit past mile 8. I'm doing the Tinker Bell Half in just a few short weeks. :tink: That helped me to have the best challenge ever in the Fall and I am proud to say I was the Biggest Loser after ten challenges!

I still have a ways to go and my goals for this challenge are: hit ONE-derland before the Tinker Bell Half and finish the challenge in the overweight, as opposed to obese, category.

Good luck to everyone!

Hey Mickeys! :smickey: If you seem to have lost your fabulous Mickey clippie, the file name was changed. Just go back to the first post, right click and go to properties and copy this phrase (or copy it from here) http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n495/pipes5985/NoExcuseMickey.jpg and paste it into your signature under User CP.

I'll be back later to catch up on replies!

You caught me. :rotfl: I wasn't happy with the "shadow" on the clippies, so I cleaned them up. Sorry about that.

Janis

I'm Amanda and I have about 40 pounds I'd like to lose. I got about 15 pounds away from my goal weight back before my Disney Cruise in 2009. Then Dh got laid off in 2010 and decided to go back to college. Major financial stress= major stress eating= pounds crept back on and kept piling up. But things are starting to calm down, dh started working again in September and will be graduating in May. So now it's time to take care of me. I would love to be at 135 by dh's graduation but I will be happy with anything under 150.

Welcome all to Team Mickey members of the Biggest Loser 13 No Excuses Challenge!

QOTD Saturday, December 31, 2011: Please introduce yourself and tell us about your goals for this challenge. :goodvibes

:wave2: Are ya ready kids?! Aye, Aye Captain....Who lives in a City on a Hill by the Sea? ;)

Hello! Forgive my irreverence, I just seem to be in that mood lately :goodvibes

I'm Maria :upsidedow, and I don't even know what number challenge this is for me, but I've been around long enough my coaching QOTDs are being recycled :rotfl2: I'm a married mother of one sometimes surly ds13, and I work full-time as a grants professional at a large homeless services agency in New England.

I'm currently training for the WDW Princess in February, and it will be my 7th Half Marathon (including 4 WDW Halfs and 1 Princess princess:). Do not be fooled! I do not look like the classic marathoner :rotfl: I have plenty to lose, but I am proud to say that with the help of my WISH friends I have run each Half at a lower weight and faster than the last one.

I have been stalled out this year on the weight front, with losses but nothing like what I should be seeing. I'm planning to shake things up and "step away from the fudge, ma'am", I have some great plans for the 2013 WDW Half, and that means next year I need to shift into high gear and Get This Party Started! party:

Ok, so my goals for this challenge are going to be to lose 10 lbs (I cannot tell you how much I'm hoping to meet that and then keep adjusting :thumbsup2), do 80% of my scheduled runs (that's 3 per week), actually add weight training into my schedule, and do a lot of mental work to get myself where I need to be so weight loss is lasting :blush:

I am really excited to get started, if I can just stop spouting song lyrics :music:

These are a few of my favorite things(with apologies to Rogers and Hammerstein):

Lisah's coaching weeks and Nancy's cute fellas;
Lime Geen Mickey logos and weight loss acapellas
CC's Healthy Habits and Tracey's routines
These are a few of my favorite things

-- when the scale stalls, when the chocolate calls, when I miss a workout --
I simply remember that Gretchen's at WDW -- and then I don't feel so bad! :yay:

Maria :upsidedow

hi bicki! where in nyc are you? i'm in throggs neck in the bronx :) do you have a girl or a boy? is he/she interested in trains? i have a 2.5 year old boy and we went this past monday to the botanical gardens to their train show (go every year) and it's amazing. they are also having thomas the train there starting this monday for a week or so. just thought i'd let you know!

nice to see another new yorker on here :)

Nancy, I'm in Brooklyn, I grew up and still work in Manhattan. I have a boy. I have been to the train show in the past and it is amazing! I have yet to take my son though its pretty far for us, (we live about 15 mins from Coney Island) and we don't drive so we depend on the good old MTA to get around and well.. :headache: It is always nice to see a fellow New Yorker ;) BTW your sons are very cute!

Hi Maureen! :wave2: Nice to see you, too. :flower3:

Did you know that you were quoted quite often in the Fall Challenge? Here's the quote: I find everybody on the list an inspiration and everybody who participates in this challenge is an inspiration in and of themselves. Whether you post, lurk or just pm your weight and check results on Tuesdays, you have made a commitment to yourself. And that is the biggest inspiration of all!
BY Octoberbride03

You were inspiring people and you didn't even realize it! :cheer2:

BRB with the rest of the replies.

BOY I don't even remember saying that:rotfl2: It was definitely a better life when i did. Most of life lately has been battle to stay committed to sanity:lmao: I really have to go find that girl. She went off somewhere, if anybody spots her please tell her to come home:rotfl:

I'm CC. My parents decided 2 syllables are easier than 3 syllables so they shorted Christina to CC. I'm not sure when it started, but it stuck and I like it. It makes things a lot shorter. :rotfl2:
CC

Ha! I always thought your name had something to do with the spice...:rotfl:

quotd:

I'm Susan, 43, I have been married 21 years (but not dead) have 2 kids in college and 19 cats. I've been struggling the last year with some extreme emotional issues which finally showed up as weight gain the last few months. But overall I am much better-- hanging in there...I want to lose 10 pounds-- just enough to stay in my clothes! Lol. I'm pretty sure I can do it with this support. I missed you guys!
Happy New years if I'm not on before then. You can stick me anywhere to coach if you need me.

My original goal when I started running, I wanted to try to loose 100 lbs in one year.

Since then end of my competition with my Dad back on Labor Day weekend, I've been bouncing around in the 240's, with hitting 249 on the day after Christmas.

So my goal is that I still want to loose another 60 lbs. If I can get down to around 180 lbs., that will put me very close to the lowest weight I've ever had in my adult life. I graduated High School at about 174.

The nick I use for a great deal of the social media I'm on the internet with comes from my first and middle names. Yes, Kipp is my whole first name and is not a nickname for anything. My last name has 11 letters in it, so my parents decided that giving me 2 short first names was the best way to go. As it happens, using that as my nickname usually appears to be never taken by anyone :)

QOTD Saturday, December 31, 2011: Please introduce yourself and tell us about your goals for this challenge. :goodvibes

I'm Gretchen, a 20 year old college student who will be spending her last semester doing the Disney College Program. My major is (was?) communicative disorders and sciences with a focus in audiology. I found the BL threads over the summer and joined for both that one and the fall challenges. I think I lost about 20 pounds at one point, but in October my anti-depressants kind of stopped working and I fell off the wagon. I would like to eventually get down to 150-160, but right now my goal is to just get below 200, something that should be easily achievable over the next four months or so.

i'm so excited for you and the college program. also, i'm like, waaaaay jealous! :lmao:i wish i had known about it when i was in college. i would have wanted to do it for sure. then again, i'm pretty sure my parents would have NEVER let me! let's just say i was a little bit of a party girl and being able to play in disney all day for a semester would probably not have been productive for me! :rolleyes1 after all you've been through lately, you deserve a great time down there and i just know it'll be great. can't wait to hear about it and hope you'll post pics!

i know you're supposed to end in early may but i hope you can extend a little bit so we can maybe meet up when we're down in may. i'm going on the keys to the kingdom tour that trip! all by myself while DH watches the boys - i can't wait! (not sure if i'm more excited about the tour or just the fact that i have scheduled ME time!)

I'm actually a bit surprised my mom encouraged me to do it in the first place! I'm the complete opposite of a party girl and it will still probably be somewhat not productive for me. :rotfl:

I hope I'm able to extend too. That's great that you scheduled some me time, and I'm sure you'll have a great time on the tour!

These are a few of my favorite things(with apologies to Rogers and Hammerstein):

Oh my gosh, I'm laughing so hard at this. :lmao: :lmao:

I'm Gretchen, a 20 year old college student who will be spending her last semester doing the Disney College Program. My major is (was?) communicative disorders and sciences with a focus in audiology. I found the BL threads over the summer and joined for both that one and the fall challenges. I think I lost about 20 pounds at one point, but in October my anti-depressants kind of stopped working and I fell off the wagon. I would like to eventually get down to 150-160, but right now my goal is to just get below 200, something that should be easily achievable over the next four months or so.

I'm actually a bit surprised my mom encouraged me to do it in the first place! I'm the complete opposite of a party girl and it will still probably be somewhat not productive for me. :rotfl:

I hope I'm able to extend too. That's great that you scheduled some me time, and I'm sure you'll have a great time on the tour!

Oh my gosh, I'm laughing so hard at this. :lmao: :lmao:

Are you looking into teaching kid who are deaf?

QOTD:

I'm Jess. I'm 27 and I teach students who are visually impaired. I used to be a performer for Walt Disney World and a competitive dancer. I gained weight when I moved back to my home state to pursue my Master's. I topped out at 160 and right now weigh 148. I am hoping to get down to between 100 and 110. Before people go crazy and start calling me anorexic, I should mention that I am 4'10". That is one problem I have had with weight loss message boards in the past is people getting on to me about wanting to be too skinny or having some kind of mental disorder when for me that is a heatlhy weight.

I do have some health issues that may or may not be weight related. I am currently working with a doctor to try to figure them out. I a married to a wodnerful guy and have several pets. I want to lose weight to look better, for my health, and I want to be at a healthy weight before we try to have kids. To that end, I am doing Jenny Craig.

My biggest downfall is time. I am extremely busy. In addition to teaching, I am taking master's classes online to get my certification to teach kids with visual impairments. I have two courses in that program this semester. Additionally I will be taking a sign language course two nights a week as well as an online course in deafblindness since I have a student who is deafblind and more coming. After I get my VI certification, I am planning to pursue certification in hard of hearing. That's why I like Jenny Craig- very little prep work!

At one point I was doing Tae Kwon Do, but have had to give that up due to non stop sinus infections and bronchitis. I hope to pick it back up once I get this issue sorted out.

Are you looking into teaching kid who are deaf?

No, just normal audiology-testing for hearing loss and other disorders, and hearing aids. I do think I want to work with kids though. I started out as a speech path major, but along the way realized that I don't actually want to teach.

Welcome all to Team Mickey members of the Biggest Loser 13 No Excuses Challenge! :smickey:

Thanks to Janis, Sue and CC for taking care of us this challenge. :flower3:

I am Lisa and I will be your coach this first week. :wave2:

Our challenge officially starts on Sunday and as the challenge starts there are just a few things that you need to do:

1. PM your beginning weight to our lovely weightkeeper, dvccruiser76.

2. PM your beginning WIN! numbers to buzz5985 (if you are doing WIN!)

3. Keep an eye out for CC's post about HH (Healthy Habits) this week (if you are doing HH)

I am in the Pacific Time Zone so will try and post the QOTD for each day the day before so you Easterners will have something to read in the morning.

This is the warm up question for tomorrow.

All right let's get this party started! party:

Quick question... What are WIN! Numbers?

QOTD Saturday, December 31, 2011: Please introduce yourself and tell us about your goals for this challenge.

Hi everyone! I'm Kristin. I'm 37, married and mom to DD 16 months. I work full time as an accounting and IT manager (I know, I didn't even know how to multi quote on a message board! Lol). IT is not my specialty, I was pretty much thrown into that part of the job. Accounting I love though.

I've always been the solid girl, both my parents are 100% Polish and my whole family loves to eat! My ultimate goal would be to get down to 'wedding weight' which was 138 pounds 7 years ago. I'm 5'8" and 161 pounds currently. So for this challenge I'd like to lose 15 pounds. I really don't think I'll ever see wedding weight again, but I do think I'm ok with that.

I really liked the weight watchers program, but I'm not too keen on the new way. I did go to a meeting to get the info so we will see maybe I'll give it a shot again. watching portions and exercising seem to be working for me lately.

Have a great day everyone!

Morning All!

Love the intros! Keep them coming! :)

One more hint...

BL Spring 2012 Healthy Habits Hint #3: Find/buy, borrow, etc. enough water bottles, glasses, etc. to toal 64 oz. Fill them with water.

I will be back later. I have to get ready to go grocery shopping.

Hey Mickeys! Hey Mickeys! :smickey:

You caught me. I wasn't happy with the "shadow" on the clippies, so I cleaned them up. Sorry about that.

No worries! :goodvibes Thanks for doing the clippies!

Major financial stress= major stress eating= pounds crept back on and kept piling up. But things are starting to calm down, dh started working again in September and will be graduating in May. So now it's time to take care of me. I would love to be at 135 by dh's graduation but I will be happy with anything under 150.

Glad things are looking up for you and you can make yourself a priority. We always say you can't take care of others if you don't take care of yourself! :flower3:

I'm Maria, and I don't even know what number challenge this is for me, but I've been around long enough my coaching QOTDs are being recycled :rotfl2: I'm a married mother of one sometimes surly ds13, and I work full-time as a grants professional at a large homeless services agency in New England.

I'm currently training for the WDW Princess in February, and it will be my 7th Half Marathon (including 4 WDW Halfs and 1 Princess). Do not be fooled! I do not look like the classic marathoner I have plenty to lose, but I am proud to say that with the help of my WISH friends I have run each Half at a lower weight and faster than the last one.

I have been stalled out this year on the weight front, with losses but nothing like what I should be seeing. I'm planning to shake things up and "step away from the fudge, ma'am", I have some great plans for the 2013 WDW Half, and that means next year I need to shift into high gear and Get This Party Started! party:

Ok, so my goals for this challenge are going to be to lose 10 lbs (I cannot tell you how much I'm hoping to meet that and then keep adjusting), do 80% of my scheduled runs (that's 3 per week), actually add weight training into my schedule, and do a lot of mental work to get myself where I need to be so weight loss is lasting.

I am really excited to get started, if I can just stop spouting song lyrics :music:

:lmao::lmao: You are so funny, Maria! Obviously your wonderful way with words is one of the reasons that your QOTDs (Question of the Day) are recycled. :flower3:

I can't wait to hear about all your successes and fabulous time at the Princess.

Nancy, I'm in Brooklyn, I grew up and still work in Manhattan. I have a boy. I have been to the train show in the past and it is amazing! I have yet to take my son though its pretty far for us, (we live about 15 mins from Coney Island) and we don't drive so we depend on the good old MTA to get around and well.. It is always nice to see a fellow New Yorker. BTW your sons are very cute!

So do you have a New York accent like our Bronx Nancy does? ;)

I'm very impressed that you don't drive -- I'm one of those westerners who would have to have their fingers pried off the steering wheel. Of course we don't have all the wonderful transportation choices that you do.

BOY I don't even remember saying that. It was definitely a better life when i did. Most of life lately has been battle to stay committed to sanity. I really have to go find that girl. She went off somewhere, if anybody spots her please tell her to come home:rotfl:

She is right here! :hug: Hang in there! :goodvibes

My original goal when I started running, I wanted to try to loose 100 lbs in one year.

Since then end of my competition with my Dad back on Labor Day weekend, I've been bouncing around in the 240's, with hitting 249 on the day after Christmas.

So my goal is that I still want to loose another 60 lbs. If I can get down to around 180 lbs., that will put me very close to the lowest weight I've ever had in my adult life. I graduated High School at about 174.

The nick I use for a great deal of the social media I'm on the internet with comes from my first and middle names. Yes, Kipp is my whole first name and is not a nickname for anything. My last name has 11 letters in it, so my parents decided that giving me 2 short first names was the best way to go. As it happens, using that as my nickname usually appears to be never taken by anyone.

Don't be shy about sharing your trip plans this week. We love to live vicariously through the travels of our fellow WISH'ers! :thumbsup2

I hope that you get to extend, too. :goodvibes

QOTD:

I'm Jess. I'm 27 and I teach students who are visually impaired. I used to be a performer for Walt Disney World and a competitive dancer. I gained weight when I moved back to my home state to pursue my Master's. I topped out at 160 and right now weigh 148. I am hoping to get down to between 100 and 110. Before people go crazy and start calling me anorexic, I should mention that I am 4'10". That is one problem I have had with weight loss message boards in the past is people getting on to me about wanting to be too skinny or having some kind of mental disorder when for me that is a heatlhy weight.

I do have some health issues that may or may not be weight related. I am currently working with a doctor to try to figure them out. I a married to a wodnerful guy and have several pets. I want to lose weight to look better, for my health, and I want to be at a healthy weight before we try to have kids. To that end, I am doing Jenny Craig.

My biggest downfall is time. I am extremely busy. In addition to teaching, I am taking master's classes online to get my certification to teach kids with visual impairments. I have two courses in that program this semester. Additionally I will be taking a sign language course two nights a week as well as an online course in deafblindness since I have a student who is deafblind and more coming. After I get my VI certification, I am planning to pursue certification in hard of hearing. That's why I like Jenny Craig- very little prep work!

At one point I was doing Tae Kwon Do, but have had to give that up due to non stop sinus infections and bronchitis. I hope to pick it back up once I get this issue sorted out.

:welcome: Jess! Nice to see you. :flower3:

Quick question... What are WIN! Numbers?

Thanks for reminding us that we need to explain our abbreviations better and not being shy about asking!

WIN! stands for Whittle Inches Now! and is another way for you to measure your success. Here is a link to the how WIN! works from a previous challenge. There will be information with measurement dates posted at the beginning of the main thread. WIN! is a great way to have another way to measure how your efforts are paying off. Sometimes when the scale is stuck, the inches are going down and vice versa. I encourage everyone to give it a try. :goodvibes

Hi everyone! I'm Kristin. I'm 37, married and mom to DD 16 months. I work full time as an accounting and IT manager (I know, I didn't even know how to multi quote on a message board! Lol).

:lmao:

Great goal and great plan -- you're well on your way! :thumbsup2

One more hint...

BL Spring 2012 Healthy Habits Hint #3: Find/buy, borrow, etc. enough water bottles, glasses, etc. to toal 64 oz. Fill them with water.

Thanks for the hint!

Healthy Habits (HH) is another great tool in your arsensal on this journey to better health. It helps you to establish good habits or reminds you of ones that you learned or maybe forgot. :rolleyes1

Remember that all of these various challenges are optional. You can do as many or as few as you like. I encourage everyone to try them all at least once but it is easy to get overwhelmed so don't worry if you do things in stages! :hippie:

And speaking of trying different things, please consider signing up to coach for a week. :flower3: Coaches post questions of the day, do replies, and generally keep the conversation moving. We strive to have a different coach each week because it keeps things different and exciting. :teeth: Please let CC know if you are interested in coaching a week.

Since we are in a new challenge I gave up my BL clippie. But it wasn't too bad because I got this cool new WISH clippie in it's place! Finally, finally at 50 pounds lost.

My computer is very slow because I picked up some nasty virus and am having to do a full scan. I'll be back later for more replies and tomorrow's QOTD.

I will leave you with this quote from Buffy from the last challenge:

The only place success comes before hard work is in the dictionary.

Have a great day!

hi teamies!!

my name is Molli, i'm 39 and i've been on WISH for a long time now, omg i can't even think how long. I joined WISH to lose for a family WDW vaca that I think was in 2003. I am extremely proud to say i was on the first WISH team to participate in WDW half-marathon, i think that was 2005. I got the bug and cont'd doing 1/2 marathons, even going back for WDW in 2007. I set a goal of completing 13 of them. While training for my 10th i felt like i had aged 15 years, i really struggled. that summer my health took a major downward spiral and one year later i was undergoing brain sugery to remove the diseased tissue within my pituitary gland. the effects of which would be as if i've been on high doses of steroids for the past 3-4 years. as my DH likes to say....i "cook it myself"...the 'roids that is...lol. anyhow, i'm retesting right now to determine if I still have the disease and possibly will undergo surgery again. that answer may not come for several weeks so i've decided to move forward in the hopes that i won't have too....

my goals for this challenge are to stay accountable, journal in myfitnesspal, and eat healthy. knock off the wine habit, it's a crutch i've been using to fight the insomnia, but it's empty calories, expensive and not a good healthy choice.

looking forward to new friendships and rekindling some old :thumbsup2

WIN stands for Whittle Inches Now. You take your measurements of upper arm (L or R), bust, waist, hips, and upper thigh (L or R), and add them together. Send that number to Janis.

Hi! I was wondering what part of western NY you are from I was born in north tonawanda.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter