TEAM MICKEY--Biggest Loser 11 Spring Team Challenge!

I will weigh in tomorrow morning. I'm hoping to exercise tonight, that's right I'm going to face my nemisis ;) I have been struggling for the last week. TOM, work stress, not feeling well (maybe stress, maybe something in my work environment as coworkers are getting daily headaches too), life stess. Well you get the idea. I took a sick day today partially because I haven't been feeling well and partially because I needed a mental health day. I plan to update my resume and get some job applications out. I'm empowering myself and being proactive. We also got news last night that my 47 year old cousin has been given 12 days to live. He was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in the fall. He actually didn't tell his family until after his daughter's wedding. He has had treatment, but it hasn't worked. Needless to say it has shaken our family up. He has 3 girls that are in their late teens and early 20s. I think just knowing that he is only 4 years older than me has really hit home.

Oh Deb. I am so sorry. The age thing really does hit home. And might I add, it might frighten your kids as well. It scared the crud out of Tom when Mike's sister died so unexpectedly. It was a shocker to him to realize that it could happen to his parents, too. And pancreatic cancer--we have a friend who died of pancratic cancer. It's a horrible disease. I'm glad you are taking a mental health day.:hug:

QOTD Thursday, January 20th: What is your "go to" food? The one that you can reach for when you are hungry between meals, need a little something, or even too busy for a meal, that is HEALTHY!

If I'm really "on the go" I like packaged bars... Luna Lemon Zest, Classic ZONE Perfect, or Clif bars. I find now that I can only eat about 1/2 at a time before feeling full.
I've read that 5 small meals per day is better than three bigger ones, and withouth specifically meaning to, this is pretty much what I've been doing because of when I get hungry. I've found that even though I am feeling REALLY hungry, eating just a small portion, or half a bar as mentioned above, satisfies me for hours.

What is my favorite color?
Dark Blue - you know that blue that almost looks dark purple in some light...
I tried really hard this last week to find a swim suit that color online... no luck, settled for "cobalt blue."

Speaking of swim suits... this was one of my "rewards." I am sure that the money we have saved these last three weeks by not drinking the nice wines we usually had with dinner will more than cover the cost of the 2 bikinis I ordered from Victoria's Secret!!
I know, BIKINI's!:scared1: What am I thinking?

I have more time before our cruise in March to trim down more so as not to scare the natives. :eek:

One more confession here - and I know this is not the healthiest reward I am bestowing on myself, but, I said after I get the first 10+ lbs off I could start tanning in preparation for our 2 week trip in March. :-)firefight hold your flames...) I go in tomorrow!
Yes, I know the risks of tanning beds and have only done this once before - last May before a 2 week trip to Hawaii. It was great to not burn while in the HOT, high in the sky sun of Hawaii.
Plus, it's been a long, dreary, cold, snowy winter here... I could use some tint.
Oh, next 5 lbs off and I get a pedicure and lighter hair color! :lmao:

Marcy

Hello Team Mickey and Team Donald!

Let's talk coaching! I have the following spots still available. We are filling through the end of March, with the thought still being that we will merge in April. I have already had offers from some of the regulars to coach a second week, but I would love to see a couple of new people step up and give coaching a try.

It's only a one week period. You do not have to repond to every post, but just work to be as supportive as possible, and of course you need to post a QOTD. Having said all that if you are interested, please pm me with the week you would like to coach AND as always your TEAM NAME. If you have any questions, I will be happy to answer them, or you can pm donac or flipflopmom. Thanks in advance!

Team Mickey openings:
2/18--2/24
3/4--3/10

Team Donald openings:
3/4--3/10
3/18--3/24
3/25--3/31

Rose - I was going to volunteer to coach but both of those weeks include weekends where I will be away the entire time and not able to check in and post during the day. Once you open up April I will be happy to jump on board to coach for a week.

One more confession here - and I know this is not the healthiest reward I am bestowing on myself, but, I said after I get the first 10+ lbs off I could start tanning in preparation for our 2 week trip in March. :-)firefight hold your flames...) I go in tomorrow!
Yes, I know the risks of tanning beds and have only done this once before - last May before a 2 week trip to Hawaii. It was great to not burn while in the HOT, high in the sky sun of Hawaii.
Plus, it's been a long, dreary, cold, snowy winter here... I could use some tint.

Marcy

I am a sun worshiper. I don't go to a booth often, and just found out that my tanning place went out of business. Not even sure when. It sucks because Chris and I both still had credits. During the summer I'll lay by the pool while the kids swim. It is so healing for me. The warm of the sun and eventually the glow of my skin. I know it's bad, but I don't have many vices :rolleyes1

FRIDAY QOTD: I'll start off with an easy one. What is your favorite color and why?

Who doesn't like the color blue? I like a darker blue, like cobalt blue. That's just fun to say, "cobalt blue." It's like the name of a character in some trashy novel. I'm thinking he would be a jaded private investigator . . . no, he's more of a misunderstood ranch hand. "Cobalt Blue lead the horse from the stable . . ." and so forth.

Anyways, I have always liked the color blue. I find it calming and pleasing to the eye. It is probably the color we see most in the world around us. It is everywhere, except in food (thank you George Carlin).

I just like the color, there is not a whole lot of reasoning behind it.
:rotfl: This made me smile too. I am picturing Cobalt Blue with long blond hair and blue eyes. Thanks for the smile.:goodvibes

Me either! I love the BL challenge - I am so much stronger now than when I started, but it never registers for jump rope for me either. I thought I was doing something wrong, but it sounds like it might be a problem with the game.

Anyway, I have 2 favorite colors. I am a fan of yellow, because it is a happy color! I mean, really, look - :):cool1::rotfl2::goodvibes:yay: So much yellow that is happy!!! :) But my new favorite color is pink. I have to love all things girly for myself now since I have 2 boys. At least that is my theory!

I won't weigh in until Monday, so hopefully it is a good one. Right now, I am down a bit, but we are going away again on another interview weekend, so hopefully I can stick to the plan. We are even going so far as to bring a travel TV that the Wii can hook up to so I can attempt to get in some exercise over the weekend in the hotel room! We'll see. Have a great day everyone!
Have a good weekend! Very impressive to take the Wii along for exercise!
On the bright side you got in some great exercise ;)
I actually don't mind shoveling snow, but for some reason my steps don't count on my healthmiles pedometer--I guess cause I'm shuffling and trying not to fall on my behind! I don't even own boots--I really belong in the deep south! And good advice on the shoes.

And Deb--did I see something about exercise?;) I still think you need to wear a pedometer and count your steps. I think on most days you would smoke all of us!

Hi, everyone!

My name is Andrea and I'm a brand-new member on Team Mickey!!

After 35 years, I will finally get to meet Mickey on May 29th!!! I'm heading to WDW with my DH (who's been 5 times), DD 9 (1st visit) and DS 6 (1st visit). I'm hoping this challenge will help me to look my best for that very first photo with Mickey (and if it doesn't, then I'll be relying on PhotoShop! :rotfl:).

Much success to all of us as we aim to be healthier this year!!
Welcome Andrea! Let us know if you have any questions!

QOTD Thursday, January 20th: What is your "go to" food? The one that you can reach for when you are hungry between meals, need a little something, or even too busy for a meal, that is HEALTHY!

If I'm really "on the go" I like packaged bars... Luna Lemon Zest, Classic ZONE Perfect, or Clif bars. I find now that I can only eat about 1/2 at a time before feeling full.
I've read that 5 small meals per day is better than three bigger ones, and withouth specifically meaning to, this is pretty much what I've been doing because of when I get hungry. I've found that even though I am feeling REALLY hungry, eating just a small portion, or half a bar as mentioned above, satisfies me for hours.

What is my favorite color?
Dark Blue - you know that blue that almost looks dark purple in some light...
I tried really hard this last week to find a swim suit that color online... no luck, settled for "cobalt blue."

Speaking of swim suits... this was one of my "rewards." I am sure that the money we have saved these last three weeks by not drinking the nice wines we usually had with dinner will more than cover the cost of the 2 bikinis I ordered from Victoria's Secret!!

I have more time before our cruise in March to trim down more so as not to scare the natives. :eek:

Marcy
The lemon zest bar sounds great. And I wear a two piece! But I wear the boy short bottom because I just cannot expose my entire tummy! And you got a Cobalt Blue suit! (Though I think the font color is navy, not cobalt!) And on most days, I eat 5 small meals a day. As my DH likes to say--you don't eat anything, no wonder you are hungry every two or three hours! It really works better for me, as long as I have a plan. If I don't I find myself starving with nothing to eat and doing the low blood sugar thing. Which is not good.

Rose - I was going to volunteer to coach but both of those weeks include weekends where I will be away the entire time and not able to check in and post during the day. Once you open up April I will be happy to jump on board to coach for a week.
Thanks Cam! I will keep you in my mind when we get ready to schedule the last two months.:goodvibes

I am a sun worshiper. I don't go to a booth often, and just found out that my tanning place went out of business. Not even sure when. It sucks because Chris and I both still had credits. During the summer I'll lay by the pool while the kids swim. It is so healing for me. The warm of the sun and eventually the glow of my skin. I know it's bad, but I don't have many vices :rolleyes1
Oh, I love the sun. I could really be addicted to tanning if I tried. We lived in San Diego for 5 years when I was in my 20s. It was fabulous. I was so tanned. And now I am paying for it. (I have ivory skin and wear the lightest foundation, need I say more....) If the sun even comes out for a few minutes in the winter I feel a burst of happiness. I really belong in Florida or South Carolina or Georgia, or maybe the Bahamas...:rolleyes1

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Worrying a bit about Sophie, she's not learning letters as easily as I would like for her to at 4, and her small motor skills aren't as well defined. I am worrying about when I dropped her, and afraid there is something in the brain that we don't know about. Don't know what's up with stressing over this today...

Might be back later!
Taryn

If it makes you feel any better ryan had trouble learning his numbers and with writing. Until recently he only new 1-4 to recognize and he is 6. In pre k his writing seemed so behind too. He is progressing fine but I think his thing is lack of focus and motivation for school work. He would much rather play the day away. I wouldnt worry about dropping her. I was dropped on my head a number of times as a kid....my parents have said. and look at me Im fine.;) I bet sophie is ahead in other areas like vocabulary, problem solving, etc. When I get stressed about it I think to myself....You cant expect them to be superstars at everything right.

Hi, I'm Deb and I'm your coach starting tomorrow. Since I usually don't get on until late morning or sometimes early evening I will post the qotd tonight.

FRIDAY QOTD: I'll start off with an easy one. What is your favorite color and why?

Thanks to Taryn!!!! For coaching this week. and welcome DEB!!!! My favorite color is blue. Not sure why but it just appeals to me. If you would look at my closet though you would see mostly black and grey.:lmao:

I'm ready for the weekend!! Only 4 more days until I'm at Disney WOOT WOOT!!!!

woo hoo I bet you cant wait. I think you have a great goal set for exercising on your trip.

I had about 20 minutes left before I was "supposed" to start getting ready. Looked at the wii and thought, you know what, I'd much rather run. Now, I've only run 2 times in the last 3 months, and I've let EVERY excuse in the book get in the way. Instead of my usual, "I don't have time for a run", I said "I've got 20 minutes". Chose a really hilly route to make it extra tought, and did a short 2 miles. I had forgotten how much I enjoy running, the power it makes me feel. So, there's my book, gonna be late, don't have time to weigh, but I am so excited. If I can get out there in the temps and wind today, with short time, I can do this again. I feel so encouraged!

Happy Friday!

good for you taryn. Im glad you joined the polar bear club.....(us runners who are crazy and run in below freezing temps.):lmao:

Rose - I meant to respond, we are going to Disney the first weekend in March. The 4th is J.'s birthday and we'll fly down that night, spend Saturday in the Magic Kingdom, have breakfast with friends at Boma on Sunday and then either visit other resorts or go to EPCOT depending on our schedule and the weather and how badly J. is worn out after a commando day at the MK. LOL!

I wanted to reply on your initial post about this but I wanted to say how wonderful it is of you to take J to disney. He is going to be speechless. I bet he feels like he hit the jackpot right now.

Hi, everyone!

After 35 years, I will finally get to meet Mickey on May 29th!!! I'm heading to WDW with my DH (who's been 5 times), DD 9 (1st visit) and DS 6 (1st visit). I'm hoping this challenge will help me to look my best for that very first photo with Mickey (and if it doesn't, then I'll be relying on PhotoShop! :rotfl:).

Welcome to our team andrea. Wow your first trip. That is so exciting.

Sorry I have been MIA the past few days. Lots going on in my world. I wont bore you with details but bottom line is WAY too much to do and not enough time.

I am completely frustrated with the scale and my measurements really dont seem to be moving either. Not sure what I am doing right or wrong. I hope I fix it soon.

I have an 8 mile run to do this weekend. The weather is forcasted to be in the teens. It should be interesting.

I hope you all enjoy your weekend. TGIF

Rose- I'd be happy to do 3/4-3/10 if no one else has volunteered for those weeks!

Good evening everyone! Been a very emotional afternoon for me! I was able to get into work and so glad I did. One of my clients was a 16 year old with about 2 weeks left to live! She has a bucket list and 2 things on it were to get a facial and have a massage! Her family is beautiful! Her cousin was my other client and when she goes to college she wants to go into pre-med! I couldn't wait to come home and hug my girls and I will be praying that my girls stay healthy and that my client has peaceful and happy last days! She has been to visit the Cake Boss as part of her Make A Wish. Tomorrow her family is taking her to Ben & Gerry's in VT. They were calling to make sure they would be open tomorrow! I feel very fortunate to have met this girl and her family. It puts life in perspective doesn't it!

I came home and made a drink. I had stopped at the grocery store to get veggies and also picked up some foccaccia to have as an appetizer! I'm exhausted physically and emotionally from today. I've been awake off and on since 3:30 this morning. I've also got a bit of a headache!

DH and I will be contributing to GKTW most definitely now! To hear the young girl breathe and relaxing was so sweet! I tried to focus all of my energies on making her relax and not hurt! I just hope I helped even if just a little bit!

Going to take it easy tonight and just enjoy my family! I will be adding in all the weigh ins that have come in since I left for work either later tonight or in the morning before basketball! I hope my inbox doesn't completely fill up! Still room for 70 more weigh ins so I should be ok until tomorrow! I know about 30 came in while I was out!

Hug your kids and family and pray for this lovely young girl and her family!

Hi, everyone!

Welcome to team Mickey I will be in Disney in May as well...

I definitey will pray for peace for the little girl. Stay warm, extreme cold is coming our way...

As for those talking about the tanning beds, Please think twice I am going through a stressful weekend waiting for biopsy to come back. I loved tanning I even had my own bed. I will not know until sometime next week.

Hello everyone, I'm new to this Dis biggest loser and so happy to have found it. My current goal is to lose 30 to 40 pounds before our WDW trip on May 15th. I started my current weight loss journey Jan 1st and was 210LBS and I am now at 201 so not to bad but need to step it up some. So here's to us and all of our weight loss journeys!!

Tracey you are so right about hugging your kids a lil closer, its so heartbreaking when you see a child go threw something so hard. Our neighbors friends lil boy lost his battle to cancer a yr ago last oct and I can't help think of him everytime we drive by his elementary school.he was only 9.

We also got news last night that my 47 year old cousin has been given 12 days to live. He was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in the fall.
Sending prayers to your family, and his daughters especially. I hope they are able to enjoy the time they have together.

Welcome Andrea! This is a great team!

2 bikinis I ordered from Victoria's Secret!!
Wow Marcy, that is very inspiring! I'm sure you'll rock those bikinis. I think the last time I wore a bikini was when I was 11 or 12. I'd be happy now just to not freak out worrying that my tankini top is going to ride up!

I would love to see a couple of new people step up and give coaching a try.
I am hoping to be able to take a spot later in the challenge - the next couple of months I have a lot of travel planned but it should slow down after that. I think coaching would really help with focus for the week - and I love that it helps share the time involved with keeping a challenge like this going. Great idea.

One of my clients was a 16 year old with about 2 weeks left to live! She has a bucket list and 2 things on it were to get a facial and have a massage! Her family is beautiful!
How fabulous that you were able to help fulfill her bucket list! She and her family sound very special.

Ok, so I have some catching up to do on QOTDs:

QOTD Thursday, January 20th: What is your "go to" food? The one that you can reach for when you are hungry between meals, need a little something, or even too busy for a meal, that is HEALTHY!In addition to most of what has been mentioned already, I usually keep Nature's Own double fiber wheat bread around. I don't try to eat a lot of it, but it is very filling (and 1 point per slice for other WWers). I toast it and add some peanut butter, or sometimes I wrap a slice around my second staple - Ball Park smoked white turkey franks (also 1 point!). I am really glad I've found those two items in the last year or so.

FRIDAY QOTD: I'll start off with an easy one. What is your favorite color and why? Green! I have always loved it and don't know why unless maybe it is because there is so much around outside (most of the year anyway!). My runner-up is a hot-pinkish purple I don't even know the real name for, but I know it when I see it. Anyone who guessed just based on my wardrobe would think it was #1, but that is only because I can't find a lot of my favorite shades of green in clothing.

Anyone else as ready for the weekend as I am? What is it about holiday weeks that makes them seem so much longer than regular 5-day workweeks?!! I am exhausted, I think I'll be in bed by 8. I'm also very sore from boot camp this week, we had tough workouts every day. Tomorrow I'm doing a 6.5 mile run with my running group, and thankfully we are scheduled for a flat run by the river. There aren't many places without hills for us so this is very exciting.

I weighed in this morning and was down .4, yay! Any loss is good with me. Only 1.2 down so far for this challenge, but I really think that has something to do with building muscle again after the holiday break. I noticed today my pants feel like more than 1.2 is gone!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Karen

Sorry Team Mickey, I let you down. NO weight loss this week! Boo-hoo. I did everything I was supposed to so it's a little disappointing. TOM really caught up with me----I could give Dolly Parton a run for her money with how much water I'm retaining. Will carry on though and hope for the best by next Friday.

Hi, I'm Deb and I'm your coach starting tomorrow. Since I usually don't get on until late morning or sometimes early evening I will post the qotd tonight.

My favorite color is purple. It was blue until just a couple of years ago. I finally listened to all the experts that say that if you have brown or hazel eyes then purple will make your pop. I started wearing purple or purple accents most every day, found an awesome purple liquid eyeliner and eventually fell in love with the color. It's funny how a favorite color can change over time, but I guess I'm maturing

Too funny Deb. Should have known purple would be your favorite color as it is mine. It was blue for the majority of my life. My favorite flower has always been the lilac. There is nothing more amazing than the smell of lilacs when they bloom in the spring. On a trip to Mackinac Island about a dozen years ago during the Liliac Festival, I bought a purple Lilac Festival sweatshirt. Wearing that sweatshirt always made me feel good. I think that is what prompted the change. Now about 1/4 of my clothes are purple or have purple accents. Purple just makes me feel good.

All weigh ins sent prior to 7:50 have been entered (jenjolt that includes your as well)!

Keep 'em coming!

Reminder list will come out tomorrow night!

And Deb--did I see something about exercise?;) I still think you need to wear a pedometer and count your steps. I think on most days you would smoke all of us!

I'm not sure a pedometer has enough numbers to count all her steps! The woman wears me out just reading what she is up to every day.

Well, I am in shock! :eek: I weighed in this morning and I am down another 4 pounds! Surprising since I spent two days this week more trudging along just behind the wagon instead of really on the wagon. But I'm certainly not complaining!

Merry maybe we can blame it on the weather. I am also a Mizzou alum. I ALSO overdid my achilles tendon from walking on the treadmill.:headache:

I have no problems walking the dogs for several miles however I have found out that I cannot do the same thing on the treadmill. That really really stinks.

Sorry you're hurting too! It does indeed stink. I think Rose was mentioning something about treadmill running affecting your gait, and I'm pretty sure mine is mostly tied to the day I trudged through snow-covered sidewalks that hadn't been cleared. So yeah, blaming it on the weather sounds logical to me! :lmao:

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/fitness_articles.asp?id=1204

Ok, for anyone just getting started with walking, here are some guidelines.

Thanks for the info! I think I really will have to mix it up more with the exercise. It just floored me because I didn't think I was doing that much, yet 40 minutes is apparently week 12 on the chart on that SP page!

. . . no, he's more of a misunderstood ranch hand. "Cobalt Blue lead the horse from the stable . . ." and so forth.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I went to a shoe store that actually fits shoes to your feet and bought an ex*****ive pair of shoes to wear to work.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Really did LOL at this, then had to explain to DH what was so funny. An unintended extra letter I sure leads to an amusing typo!

Hi, everyone!

Hello everyone, I'm new to this Dis biggest loser and so happy to have found it.

Welcome to both of you! :wave2:

We also got news last night that my 47 year old cousin has been given 12 days to live. He was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in the fall. He actually didn't tell his family until after his daughter's wedding. He has had treatment, but it hasn't worked. Needless to say it has shaken our family up. He has 3 girls that are in their late teens and early 20s. I think just knowing that he is only 4 years older than me has really hit home.

Oh, I am so sorry. :hug: Pancreatic cancer is evil and scary. I lost my grandmother to it several years ago; she was only 63. Hers was stage 4 before they even discovered it; they did one round of chemo and then gave up to let her last days be a little more comfortable. We found out just after Christmas and she was gone before Easter. We will keep your family in our thoughts!

I am so pale that I fry like bacon, so tanning is out of the question for me, but I know what you mean about loving the sun. The absolute highlight of my trip to Vegas last August was slathering on the SPF 55 and spending the day sitting in the pool, reading my book, and basking in the hot, bright, desert sun!

One of my clients was a 16 year old with about 2 weeks left to live!

It puts life in perspective doesn't it!

Wow. It certainly does!

Hello Team Mickey and Team Donald!

Let's talk coaching!

I could do either of those weeks. Work is insane right now, it but should be calmer through most of February and March, which would give me a little more time to be on here and be a good coach.

Nicole

I love the feel of the sun. However, I'm strange in that I always cover up in the sun. Even when I was lifeguarding for two weeks straight sitting on the dock for 10 hour days, I wore so much sunscreen and cover ups that you could barely tell I had a "tan". I also suffer from SAD during the fall and winter months due to the lack of sun so get as much of it as I can when it is out.

YIKES:scared1:!!!!! Team Mickey is LOSING Big time this week! We're down by 20 pounds so far! Get me those weigh ins!

Thank you all for the welcome messages!:)

Lots of prayers for good news and strength sent to all of you going through stressful times. :grouphug:

Hello everyone, I'm new to this Dis biggest loser and so happy to have found it. My current goal is to lose 30 to 40 pounds before our WDW trip on May 15th. I started my current weight loss journey Jan 1st and was 210LBS and I am now at 201 so not to bad but need to step it up some. So here's to us and all of our weight loss journeys!!

Welcome, Sarah! Congratulations on getting rid of 9 pounds already in just three weeks! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter