• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

TEAM MICKEY--Biggest Loser 11 Spring Team Challenge!

If we forgot to include our team name, do we need to send it over again? Sorry that I forgot to include the team name. I will do better next week (hopefully).:rolleyes1

If you sent it recently, I would resend it. If you sent it this morning Tracey might have already gotten to it.:goodvibes

If we forgot to include our team name, do we need to send it over again? Sorry that I forgot to include the team name. I will do better next week (hopefully).:rolleyes1

NO NEED TO RESEND!!!! Everything that has been sent in has been recorded on the thread! Just do better next time;)

I truly do love you all! I'm PMSing and very tired so excuse me if I sound grumpy!!!!

Watching Ramona and Beezus with the family! Enjoyed our steak, colby jack, bacon and onion subs and fries for dinner and the Raspberry White Russian really hit the spot!!!!!

Gotta share a funny thing Izzie said a few minutes ago as she was eating twisted Cheetos: "PEACE, LOVE, CHEETOS!!!!!" DH and I about choked on our subs!!!! She is soooo incredibly funny!!!!!!

DH and I are going to work on posting photos on the boards. Just had no time to figure out how to do it before. SO be on the lookout for LOTS of TIGGER813 photos! You'll probably get sick of seeing my face!!!! I can't wait to share the photo of me in my red dress!!!!

OOPS I didn't realize that I had posted that I lost 1.8 when it was only .8! I guess it was just wishful thinking!!!!!

Gotta do 2 EASA2 workouts tomorrow! I can't believe how wiped out I was at the end of today! Stress is catching up to me!!!! Glad working is increasing as the bills do as well! Just trying to be confident that we can continue to save for our cruise!

TTFN :tigger:

Hi Everyone! :wave2:

My name is Paula and I am 33 years old. I've battled with my weight my entire life. It probably didn't help working at McDonald's for 7.5 years starting at the age of 16. When I started their I was already a size 14 and when I finally quit I was a size 20-22. I joined weight watchers about this time and dropped to about 185lbs (foggy memory, can't remember exactly the weight). I was still about a size 18 at this weight.

The year before I got married my now hubby and I joined the gym and I was down to about 185 for my wedding in May 2004. Since then I pretty much only went up. In 2005 I returned to school to get another Bachelor's degree. This time in nursing. You would have thought that taking nutrition classes and such I would lose weight but instead I gained. By the time I finished school I was probably 225-230lbs (never got on the scale).

In 2009 I had a Dr's appt and weighed in at 237 pounds. As far as I know that was my highest weight ever. That did not start me to losing weight though. In the summer of 2009 I decided that I had to stop spending so much money eating out and lost almost 25lbs since then.

I'm currently about 213lbs and am hoping to lose at least 1lb a week. I don't remember a time when I was below 185 in the last 15 years so my first goal is to get below 185.

I am now an RN and I work night shift which really plays havoc with an exercise routine. It is also hard for me to eat healthy with this schedule but I am going to try my best.

For Christmas I received the Wii Fit Plus and Biggest Loser Challenge Game so I am using those to get my exercise!

Now back to page 4 to read about everyone else!

I have 47 PMs to go through tonight! Very excited!

Some quick replies as Friday night's are pretty much destined for sleeping :rotfl2:
I watched that the other night. very inspiring. Actually CC if your reading this I thought of you. This girl had so many issues with her mom and her weight loss. You should try to watch it on mtv.com if you can it was really inspiring.:goodvibes

Thanks for thinking of me! :) I will watch it sometime this weekend.

Thanks Taryn for the support!

Thanks to everyone for the congrats and congrats to all of our losers! We are reporting some awesome losses!

To those struggling, :hug: Hope everyone sick is feeling better!

CC--did you get some exercise in?:goodvibes

CC is hoping to recognize people who complete even one of the tasks for the week. And remember even if you only did part of the HH you should report because it's a TEAM competition.:goodvibes

Sort of. I moved a lot at work, including a lot of bending.

As for HH, if you earn 1 point, PM me! The team with the most participants wins! Also, I will be posting a list of everyone who earns all the points (this week it's 6) for at least 1 of the HHs. :goodvibes

Princess Vija: :hug: and :goodvibes

I haven't had a chance to read replies--I'll get to that later, just wanted to remind everyone again----

PLEASE when you send Tracey and CC pm's include your team name. This is SO important. We don't want to burn out our team of folks that are working so hard to run the challenge. Also Tracey needs your CURRENT WEIGHT, not how much you lost. The spreadsheet calculates all of that.
So to recap:

Tigger813--current weight and team name

CClovesdis--healthy habits and team

TIA!!!!

Thank you for posting this!

Welcome Paula!

what is the Sonoma diet?

It involves clean eating. No sugar, no white flour, no processed food. It stresses portion control and proper protien to grain to vegitable ratios for each meal.

I know, it sounds lile no fun, but my DW and I are amazed at how good we feel this week. After 2 days of no sugar I had an apple and it was the sweetest apple I had ever tasted. After 3 days of no sugar I had a Diet Coke. It tasted so weird. I used to drink Diet Coke like it was water, but I have not had one since.

I lost a lot of weight this week just sticking to this diet. That just goes to show how bad I was eating before.

I lost 3 pounds! :banana:

Great Job:thumbsup2

Good news and bad news... the good news is that the hole is a PFO (patent foramen ovale) which is better than an ASD (atrial septal defect). The bad news problem is that insurance won't cover the type of closure the doc wants to do if it is a PFO. (they would cover it if I had had a stroke instead of just a clot going down my arm.

this is just insane. Working in a dr's office we have this happen frequently. I just with insurance companies would let the doctors treat the patients and not butt in. I hope if thats what you need your doctor is able to get it authorized for you. Glad everything went well though.

I can't wait to share the photo of me in my red dress!!!!

cant wait to see the pics. your dd cracked me up.:lmao:

I am now an RN and I work night shift which really plays havoc with an exercise routine. It is also hard for me to eat healthy with this schedule but I am going to try my best.

night shift is rough. I have never worked it but have so many applicants apply from the night shift at the hospital to work in their office. Almost all of there responses are they love what they do they just cant take night shift anymore. Im sure you will find a good schedule for yourself, and you got some good xmas gifts to get you moving. Welcome to our team.

Came home tonight to no heat. Had to wait a few hours but the oil company came out and fixed our heater. Now its getting warm thank goodness. I am off to get my boys in bed and then its to bed for myself too. Its been a busy crazy week. I have a 7 mile run planned for the morning. There is a threat of another inch or two or snow but I am getting my run in no matter what. There apparently is a storm brewing that could possible bring our area a bunch of snow tues into wed. I hope it blows out to see.:wizard: How many days until spring.?????????:rotfl:

I have to say I just got a "Smart Heart for Walking" heart rate monitor, watch and step counter. I love the check your pulse feature. I am trying to monitor my heart rate when I exercise.

Now I have to read the rest of the mumbo jumbo to get the pedometer working.

It involves clean eating. No sugar, no white flour, no processed food. It stresses portion control and proper protien to grain to vegitable ratios for each meal.

I know, it sounds lile no fun, but my DW and I are amazed at how good we feel this week. After 2 days of no sugar I had an apple and it was the sweetest apple I had ever tasted. After 3 days of no sugar I had a Diet Coke. It tasted so weird. I used to drink Diet Coke like it was water, but I have not had one since.

I lost a lot of weight this week just sticking to this diet. That just goes to show how bad I was eating before.

That sounds interesting. I will have to check it out.

Good news is that I have only had 1 soda today. Tommorrow I am modifying my coffee drinking to be bearable.

I can't drink 1000 calories a day in coffee and soda and expect to lose weight.;)

I have watched the movie last holiday a few times. I was about an ordinary lady who lived her life with caution. Saving every penny she earned, never doing the things she dreamed about, etc. Then one day she hit her head and the CT scan showed a disease and the doctor said she only had a few days left. She ended up cashing in her retirement fund and going away and doing things she always had dreamed of. I wont give away the ending in case you want to watch the movie but it leads me to tomorrows QOTD.

1-8-11 Saturday QOTD

If you were told you only had 1 week left to live (and you werent sickly) how would you spend your time?

Good evening everyone,

Just had a rush of about 6 more weigh ins! It seems pretty equal by sight! I need to have DH fix the Donald page as the calculations at the top aren't working.

We're watching Primeval right now.

I'm sooooo tired! SO I think I will be calling it a night. It looks like basketball will be a go for tomorrow as we're not expecting much snow here.

I just emptied my inbox again so we should be all set for this week!

Remember that you have until Monday night at 7:30 to submit your weigh ins! NO EXCEPTIONS! Wow, I feel like I'm back teaching again and telling the 5th graders that everything was due on a certain date, NO EXCEPTIONS!

Have a great night and I hope to give a more thorough update tomorrow after I get some sleep!

TTFN :tigger:

QOTD- 1/7/11 Friday-

What are your plans for the weekend? and what changes or plans are you making to be sure you stay on plan?

Plans for this weekend include . . . um . . . I don't think we have anything planned for this weekend. My 3 year old daughter has dance class on Sunday, but other than that we are free. It's kinda nice not having the whole weekend planned down to the second.

To stay on plan, I plan on staying out of the kitchen as much as possible. I find that is when I am most susceptible to cravings, when I see everything right in front of me. My wife and I are on the Sonoma Diet and we are thrilled with the first week results, so we are motivated to keep it going though the weekend.

My weekend plans are pretty non specific. The boys have bowling in the morning then I'll try to get Nick in to see his pediatrician for a sinus infection. Sunday Nick wants to go snowboarding so well probably take all the boys.

We did not get MRI results today. The nurse called at 4 to tell us that it hadn't been read. We're taking that as a good sign. If the technicians had seen anything alarming the would have flagged it for a quicker read. We should hear for sure on Monday.

Go TEAM MICKEY Go!!!

Love hearing about all the losses!!!

I too am down 3.2 lbs this week which puts me at my lowest weight in 6 years WOOT WOOT!!! Now to lose about 5-6 more before Disney....which is about 18 days away I think LOL

My plans for this weekend...

Tomorrow I have a lot of errands to run and then I hope to spend the evening to keep caught up on my grading!!! I also need to do some cleaning around the house!!

Sunday is an off day and I plan to keep it that way

To stay on plan, I'm going to workout every morning of the weekend (do two extra long workouts) and to write down what I eat!! Saturday morning breakfast will be my only treat and that is after my WW weigh in LOL!

Just sent my weigh-in in!

This weekend's plans: cleaning the house! I need to get this place tidy, it's frightening looking. I have a 8 mile run scheduled for Saturday afternoon.

Hoping to work on meal planning for the next week, too.

I think meal planning is so important. When you know what you are going to do for meals, and have time to think about it. There is less of a change to just grab junk! My resolution for this year was to make something new of my Many Many cookbooks and have the kids help. I think getting them involved with that is part of their own road to understanding how to be healthy.

What are your plans for the weekend? and what changes or plans are you making to be sure you stay on plan?

Paint Paint, and walk the dog. Play with the family, visit on Cape Cod. PT exercises. Biggest change to stay on my plan is to drink more water than alcohol. I find that is when I gain the pounds back that I lost during the week is in alcohol. It isn't that I drink a lot, those calories just ADD up! Only one glass of red wine tomorrow.

Go TEAM MICKEY Go!!!

Love hearing about all the losses!!!

I too am down 3.2 lbs this week which puts me at my lowest weight in 6 years WOOT WOOT!!! Now to lose about 5-6 more before Disney....which is about 18 days away I think LOL

My plans for this weekend...

Tomorrow I have a lot of errands to run and then I hope to spend the evening to keep caught up on my grading!!! I also need to do some cleaning around the house!!

Sunday is an off day and I plan to keep it that way

To stay on plan, I'm going to workout every morning of the weekend (do two extra long workouts) and to write down what I eat!! Saturday morning breakfast will be my only treat and that is after my WW weigh in LOL!

Congrats on the AWESOME loss for the week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep it up!

If you were told you only had 1 week left to live (and you werent sickly) how would you spend your time?

If I only had one week left to live I would spend it with family and going places that I enjoy. I would eat all the foods I love and tell my family every day how much I loved them.

Family Trip to Disney!! With one week left I would want to spend it with my loved ones at my Happy place!!!

GOOD LUCK THIS WEEK TEAM MICKEY!!!

Sitting here trying to find the motivation to go get my WATP DVD LOL!! I can do it LOL!!!!!!!!!!

I had a one pound gain this week. It's just a really, really tough week. My husband had a big speaking engagement out of town this week. We're both college professors and classes started just as he left so I've been covering both his classes as well as my own as well as getting my daughter through her first week of her second semester. It's been nuts and I just can't seem to get motivated right now to do much of anything other than survive. We have my sister and her two preschoolers in town as well (a good thing in many ways).

Plans for the weekend: Head to the college to cover some orientation sessions for him while my sister picks him up at the airport. Then my sister and the kids will leave and we'll watch the Saints against the Seahawks and try to get ready for another week. We have a big meeting concerning our daughter this week as well and a lot of catching up to do with him being gone.

I also need to decide if I want to continue on my own or switch over to the new WW plan. I have WW Online but haven't tracked since August (and was doing pretty well until recently). Tracking is just one more thing on my long list of "to-dos" every day and because I'm type A, I can't just do it halfway. It ends up stressing me out and I'm not sure I want to put myself or my family through that again. OTOH, I know it works and would probably be good for me ...

So that's me. Still here - but just barely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter