Team Goddess - Volume 11. Rocking 2012 Goddess Style!

If I had little or no CC debt - I would. Honestly. It's gone through my mind all week. But I have debt so I just can't. :sad2:

THis is how serious I am. I booked NYE BW view. Got it!!!! Waited for months in anticipation to book it. And because of Frankie I think I will have to sell it. Truly. And it's ten months away.....:sad2:

Work's been very slow and therefore I have way more debt than I am comfortable with - BUT I am trying to get to NYC (no money put out - tolls and gas - stay with a friend) for March break. So I will let you know if it works out. Erika you could visit your brother.

Lisa - I'd say to grab one and come. COME. Meet Em and My Former 36 Points!

Oh, and the team. :rotfl2:

N is sad about Gary Carter, too. Mets fan. You know how they are.

LOVELY on Nathan, just great great news! :goodvibes Don't you feel just WONDERFUL about all of that! Oh! It brings tears to my eyes!

I don't want to pack. Dinner is late, cooking, the other two are working on a school project. They are quite cute. I am wishing I had a nice meal right now and TV and no packing. Grr to packing. Grr grr grr. Shut up, I know at least I have legs!

Yes shut up. :rotfl2: ;)

Oh how I would love to meet them. :lovestruc

And I too was touched with Nathan. I DO feel wonderful with this update. Because the chances are that the baby *might* never have come to this earth. And now he or she is a comin' - IS A COMIN'. THAT is thrilling. I'm sad not to have T (grandfather) here to see his grandchildren (he saw Nathan's first :thumbsup2) but pleased and think of him a lot and thrilled for this outcome.

Yes! Lisa!! Please, please, please! You have to come! Have. To.

Hmmmm....what can I do to persuade you?

Oh, I see what it is now. You are afraid. Poor, poor Lisa doesn't want the Pipsqueak to beat her down in Toy Story Maina. Or on Buzz Lightyear. Now I understand. *sigh* It must be difficult to be held captive by your fears of losing like that. I wouldn't know anything about that, seeing as I would OWN YOU on those rides. Yes, by all means, stay up there in the safety of the Great White North. And keep those excuses coming. Someone out there might actually believe them...

THere is no way in bloody he!! that you - especially sitting on a phone book :lmao: - would ever be able to beat me on either. I go for a win not "let me focus and get the shot". Accuracy is a loser's sport. :rotfl2: Isn't that right, Nancy?

Great White North Toronto edition has no snow White all over Maine girl. So funny there is more than one WHITE all over Maine. :rotfl2: Sorry for you on the people one. :lmao: ;)

Oh how I wish Erika. :love:

Is Cammie back to school? It went well? D

Paula’s surprise vacation full of rest and relaxation

Ok – so you all know that I have been horrifically overworked for the past year and was long overdue for a vacation. I was originally going to go hang out in Florida with my aunt and uncle at the Villages just west of Orlando but the best laid plans were not to be. While I did spend some time at the Villages marveling of what my life could be once I turned 55 (the Villages is a huge retirement community that basically has all of the recreation an active adult could hope for – hello they have 37 golf courses!) this turned into so much more of a vacation because I went on a 4 night Disney cruise on the new Disney Dream!!!! So, come aboard and share in my fabulous week away from reality.

Day 1
With my sister as my travelling companion, we were up and out of the house as the sun was rising to head for the airport. We had scored $95 each way flights on Southwest and were loving life with that price. We even splurged for the extra $20 for the express check in service that guaranteed us an A group boarding pass. After a bit of a bumpy flight and one heck of a right turn on the tarmac at MCO (seriously, I didn’t know planes could make a hard right turn at that speed) we were soon on our way to baggage claim and the car rental counters.

Our bags arrived with no issues and we were soon pulling gout in our shiny red Ford Taurus and heading to the Hyatt Place hotel across from Universal Studios. I had a date with a certain wizard….

Before I go on I have to talk a bit about the Hyatt Place chain of hotels. They are relatively new and come from the Hyatt group. While I have yet to stay in a Hyatt Regency that I haven’t loved (hello – the one in Jersey City beats any of the mid-town Manhattan hotels at that same price range and can’t compare with their view), the Hyatt Place group continues to exceed my expectations. I first stayed with them in Sacramento when I went out there for work. The rooms are a bit bigger than most and include a small sitting area in addition to a generous bedroom area. What truly makes this place fabulous is the staff. They are just so accommodating and nice – I really can’t say enough about them. When you check in you get a quick tour of the lobby offerings including the ‘kitchen’ area. All you need to do is ask and they are there to help you get what you need. Way better than a Hampton Inn, Marriott Courtyard, etc. and well within the same price range as these other chains. (think about $100/night depending on where and when you travel). We booked this through Universal’s website as they were a partner hotel and could get us into Universal’s Island of Adventures and hour earlier than the general public. No front of the line access but that pesky wizard doesn’t offer it anyways so no need to waste $300/ night on the on site properties.

After a bit of freshening up, we were off to the park. We had bought a two day, two park ticket so we were free to go where ever we wanted. The weather was a bit drizzly and generally kind of eh, but still decent touring weather. We headed through the empty gates (it was about 1:00 at this point), stopped for a sandwich at one of the coffee shops and then we started the walk back to Hogsmeade. We passed through the island with Dr. Suess theming which was cute and then through what I think was an Morrocan village, we were at the Hogsmeade gate. What struck us about our walk back there was how empty the park felt. It was as if no one was there. We soon realized where all the people were.

IMG_0350.jpg

IMG_0352.jpg

Hogsmeade was bustling with people but didn’t feel too crowded. We truly must have been there on an off day because while there were people there, it was not wall to wall. You could see all of the details in on the buildings and look in the shop windows and such with relative ease. We started to wonder back towards Hogwarts castle, stopped to see a bit of the Hogworts choir and frogs perform, and were pleasantly surprised by the ‘short’ wait time for the Forbidden Journey ride.

IMG_0353.jpg

OMG what an amazing job they did with this ride. You enter into through the gates of the grounds, stow your stuff in a free locker and then head for the queue. You start out in the herbology greenhouses and soon find yourself in Dumbldore’s office, the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom and then you are off on the ride. I won’t give away too many spoilers here but the queue is in some ways better than the ride as there is so much to see. The ride itself was just amazing. It is one of the most realistic motion simulator rides I have ever been on.

IMG_0357.jpg

Of course they dump you into the shop where you can buy pretty much anything Harry Potter related. The one downside is that the pricing is not cheap and yet all you saw walking around were kids outfitted in complete robes, scarves and wands. The total for that package is easily pushing $200! We headed out of there (I needed a breather before we did it again) and walked back towards Hogsmeade.

While in Hogsmeade, we rode the dragon coasters which have been newly themed to be part of the Tri-Wizard tournament and then it was now time to try some Butterbeer!

DSC00102.jpg

My sister had the frozen kind and I had the straight up kind. I think the frozen had the edge on the straight. The flavor is hard to describe as it was part crème soda with a bit of the spice from gingerbread in there. There was this frothy top to it that was vanilla like as well. All in all it was tasty but whoa Nelly was it sweet! Not sure I could recommend that to anyone with an existing blood sugar issue. We sipped our butterbeers as we strolled through Zonko’s and the candy shop. I almost bought a chocolate frog but opted for the keychain instead. Following our stroll through the shops, we dumped the rest of our butterbeer as they were too sweet to finish. I will say this though – they were cheap. I think it was about $3 each and the serving size was decent. By far the most reasonable expense in the whole area! From here it was back to Hogwarts and the Forbidden Journey again. Yes, it rocked on the second trip and I picked up even more from the queue.

From here we continued through the rest of the ‘empty’ park on our way to the Spiderman ride. The comic book island had so many images from all of the comic strips I grew up with. It was fun to walk through and remember things like Billy’s round-about paths with the dashed lines from Family Circus or Dudley DoRight and even Boris and Natasha. Lots of smiles happening there. A quick trip with the Spiderman and we had decided that there really wasn’t anything else that captured our attention there. At this point, it was about 4:00 so we decided to walk over to the original Universal Studios park to check out a few favorites there.

First we had to check out the construction of the Despicable Me ride (really it is the renovation of the Jimmy Neutron ride). They had some images of Gru and the minions along the protective wall around the work area which were fun. I love the minions so I had fun checking them out.

IMG_0375.jpg

From there we were off to hang with the Simpsons! We virtually walked right on to the ride and escaped Sideshow Bob’s attempt to kill us all in his theme park. A fun trip as always. We then headed over to hunt some ailiens down at Men in Black – another walk on and then decided to check out the Mummy returns. This was the first time we ran into a line. The board out front reported a 15 minute wait but it was really closer to 30. No worries as it really was the only line of the day and the ride was great as usual. At this point, the park was closing and we were on our way out happy that we did all of our must dos in one afternoon! Dinner that night was at the Hard Rock Café. Good food, good music and generally a great way to end the day. It was back to the hotel for a much needed night’s sleep.

THere is no way in bloody he!! that you - especially sitting on a phone book :lmao: - would ever be able to beat me on either. I go for a win not "let me focus and get the shot". Accuracy is a loser's sport. :rotfl2: Isn't that right, Nancy?

:rotfl2::rotfl2: sitting on a phone book :lmao::lmao:

I'm loving the TR Paula. But really? Amish? :rotfl2:

Dreary Friday Morning here. Mild - almost 40* this morning - so it would be a good day to get an outdoor run in if it weren't for the rain! :upsidedow

I'm trying to get my WW mojo back. Number 1 thing on today's to-do list: get my sh!t together! :laughing:

I need to get my mojo back too Nancy! I did perfectly for the whole week after we got home, but now I've been slipping up and the scale is showing it. It's been crazy dreary here too and SO much rain! It's like a mudpit in my back yard. Luckily it finally stopped and the sun came out yesterday afternoon. This mild winter is GREAT though, couldn't ask for better temps (40-50) in February!

Today starts my danger week. The week before my period is just BRUTAL as far as food cravings go. When I was thinking of adding some Cheez-Its to my morning breakfast of yogurt I knew I was in for a rough time.

I think if it's not too hot down here this weekend, I may try for a short half hour run outside. This long weekend couldn't come soon enough.

Ha- I just tried to check the weather for WPB on weather.com, and right above the 82 degrees/partly cloudy for today is a link to check this weekend's ski report. Man, I miss the snow, but mostly I miss skiing. I never thought I'd say that. But I'm justifying my almost monthly trips to Disney as "ski trips" I didn't go on.

Paula - :love: I've only been to Universal in Los Angeles so I'm really enjoying the tour. Fantastic on the hotel.

Jo - thanks.

Liz - Have fun!!

Sure. Go for the easy short joke. No creativity. Sad, sad, sad.

Well I hate to show my weaknesses. :rotfl2: But I woke up feeling very guilty about the easy height joke. Bullocks! :lmao: :3dglasses

And that's drugstore RED to you. :surfweb:

I'm down 1.1 this week. Yeah.

Okay Erika.

Now last time - years ago - you and your other red laughed at me and thought I was a nutcase so you both need to listen and behave.

So about two weeks ago I was working out and something strange went on. I had had two hours sleep and I thought "way too much with Frankie I shouldn't go down and this will be ugly". No sleep for days. U.G.L.Y.

And it wasn't. Not only was I fine. My HR was not going as high - I felt weirdly strong - and my HR was recovering at rapid speed in each interval.

So I went :confused3 and :confused3 and:confused3.

And then I went OH!!!! :woohoo:

I had taken the Carao juice (Carao plant) the night before. Out of the blue. We can't afford it any more (it's cheap - I just couldn't afford regular basis - plus shipping here is nonsense) and we had a local guy who works in Costa Rica get us a local bottle. And it tastes off like you can taste the bottle so I only took it out of desperation that night before. With the weird period I was feeling dizzy and weak and knew it was iron.

So for those who don't know. Jean has always been dangerously anemic - even as a child in Jamaica she has pica - single digits at times. She tried everything over the years - pills - shots - food - NOTHING HELPED her. And then she found this plant - Carao in Costa Rica and VOILA felt like a new girl and new athlete.

So Erika that day in the gym I thought about two things for you:

1) Is your insomnia in check?

Because if it isn't - that 15 pounds will forever be hard to keep off. Sleep is SO IMPORTANT for weight - especially at our age.

2) Even if your iron is not low low - low normal even - well the Carao will be a MIRACLE for you. A TRUE MIRACLE.

This has happened time after time after time where I take it - don't think about it - and I'm in the gym and go WT F - like I feel like I'm a powerhouse out of the blue - it takes me a sec and go OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laughing:

So I found a cheaper version. I'll give you both. I BET YOU WOULD HAVE A PERSONAL BEST AT THE PRINCESS. I BET. If you can get it in time. And if not I bet it would be a life changer.

I bet all of you would have a personal best.

ORDER IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I swear I don't secretly own the companies.

I'll put the links in in a sec for any of you guys that know you're low or even normal and feel "blah". It's 100% plant - Carao is a plant.

This is our original one:

http://www.naturalstamina.net/product-info.htm

And this one is cheaper:

http://www.costaricannoni.com/Other/Exotic-Fruits/Carao

And warning: I can down it no issue. Jean and Tasha (niece) have to work themselves up just to get it down.

Paula - thanks for the Hyatt Place tip. Always looking for a good value. Love your TR details. I don't know when I'll get to Universal again. Vicarious living will have to do. Looking forward to more.

Glad Gary Carter is in the Hall of Fame as an Expo. Cancer really, really sucks.

We are packing up and heading to St Louis tonight. Three day weekend makes it easier.

I ran a mile this morning. I little flakiness in my knee. I had to be very deliberate to go in a straight line. That sounds easy on the TM, right? Any sideways pressure I felt something different. I'll try again tomorrow.

Liz - when does Em find out? Anxious to hear how you like BCR. Have a wonderful trip. Hope you can post a few tidbits here or on FB.

Ronda

Paula! Love the TR, can't wait to read more. You are making we want to try "the dark side" but I have trouble detaching myself from Disney for even a moment, so I'm unsure how I would pull it off! ;)

Ronda, safe travels.

Horrid night last night and KAREN - I reread the first half of your TR in the middle of the night. :rotfl2: And it soothed me. It's wonderful. And I've said it over there but brilliant photography as usual. Just brilliant. Breathtaking.

And I'm totally caught up now as well. :thumbsup2

Oh Lisa, I'm so sorry you had a bad night, but I'm glad my TR soothed you! ;) I have no idea how my craziness could soothe, but whatever works! :hug:

OH.MY.FRACKIN.FEET! Yesterday was worse, I should be glad today isn't AS bad, but still...I wore my running shoes and had to take them off I was in such pain. WHAT is going on here? I hate PF. hate it.

P
Well I hate to show my weaknesses. :rotfl2: But I woke up feeling very guilty about the easy height joke. Bullocks! :lmao: :3dglasses

And that's drugstore RED to you. :surfweb:

Oh please. I thought it was HI LAR IOUS. No guilt. :lovestruc

I'm down 1.1 this week. Yeah.

Okay Erika.

Now last time - years ago - you and your other red laughed at me and thought I was a nutcase so you both need to listen and behave.

So about two weeks ago I was working out and something strange went on. I had had two hours sleep and I thought "way too much with Frankie I shouldn't go down and this will be ugly". No sleep for days. U.G.L.Y.

And it wasn't. Not only was I fine. My HR was not going as high - I felt weirdly strong - and my HR was recovering at rapid speed in each interval.

So I went :confused3 and :confused3 and:confused3.

And then I went OH!!!! :woohoo:

I had taken the Carao juice (Carao plant) the night before. Out of the blue. We can't afford it any more (it's cheap - I just couldn't afford regular basis - plus shipping here is nonsense) and we had a local guy who works in Costa Rica get us a local bottle. And it tastes off like you can taste the bottle so I only took it out of desperation that night before. With the weird period I was feeling dizzy and weak and knew it was iron.

So for those who don't know. Jean has always been dangerously anemic - even as a child in Jamaica she has pica - single digits at times. She tried everything over the years - pills - shots - food - NOTHING HELPED her. And then she found this plant - Carao in Costa Rica and VOILA felt like a new girl and new athlete.

So Erika that day in the gym I thought about two things for you:

1) Is your insomnia in check?

Because if it isn't - that 15 pounds will forever be hard to keep off. Sleep is SO IMPORTANT for weight - especially at our age.

2) Even if your iron is not low low - low normal even - well the Carao will be a MIRACLE for you. A TRUE MIRACLE.

This has happened time after time after time where I take it - don't think about it - and I'm in the gym and go WT F - like I feel like I'm a powerhouse out of the blue - it takes me a sec and go OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laughing:

So I found a cheaper version. I'll give you both. I BET YOU WOULD HAVE A PERSONAL BEST AT THE PRINCESS. I BET. If you can get it in time. And if not I bet it would be a life changer.

I bet all of you would have a personal best.

ORDER IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I swear I don't secretly own the companies.

I'll put the links in in a sec for any of you guys that know you're low or even normal and feel "blah". It's 100% plant - Carao is a plant.

This is our original one:

http://www.naturalstamina.net/product-info.htm

And this one is cheaper:

http://www.costaricannoni.com/Other/Exotic-Fruits/Carao

And warning: I can down it no issue. Jean and Tasha (niece) have to work themselves up just to get it down.

Thanks for the tip! I will totally try. Maybe my local health food store carries it? I'll try there first. No, insomnia so NOT in check. 4 hours per night. Sometimes 5. Most most most I ever get is 6. And I KNOW the weight won't come all the way off without sleeping enough. MUST. DEAL. WITH. IT.

OH.MY.FRACKIN.FEET! Yesterday was worse, I should be glad today isn't AS bad, but still...I wore my running shoes and had to take them off I was in such pain. WHAT is going on here? I hate PF. hate it.

So sorry Karen.

No crazy. Your TR is a wonderful read.

Oh please. I thought it was HI LAR IOUS. No guilt. :lovestruc

Thanks for the tip! I will totally try. Maybe my local health food store carries it? I'll try there first. No, insomnia so NOT in check. 4 hours per night. Sometimes 5. Most most most I ever get is 6. And I KNOW the weight won't come all the way off without sleeping enough. MUST. DEAL. WITH. IT.

Listen great and powerful OZ - notice I didn't call you a munchin :rotfl2: - you can't control my obsessive and ridiculous guilt issues. :lmao:

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is not in any health food store Pipsqueak. I bet they've never heard of it. Grab a CC - do rapid mail and down it. I swear I'll be your bestie for life if you imbibe it before the big race.

Have you tried meditation - on the sleeping? I'm ducking. :rotfl2:

For a fast fix. I sometimes - once in awhile - and I know this isn't smart - down a benadryl - one and it works. Not often but it helps to get a great sleep in. Or have you tried Valerian? Or you know what? You know how one hears that working out at night will keep one up? The other day I did an eleven o'clock workout and slept like a baby. popcorn::Strange. Okay brainstorming but get the carao.

Have you talked to Liz? How was Emily? So fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter