Team Goddess - Volume 11. Rocking 2012 Goddess Style!

Or a little SW - Ithaca. Oh that would be pretty.

NW???? Mountains - Adirondacks hmmm - that's more north - NW - Somewhere south of Watertown.

Killing me. :goodvibes

Paula, what exciting news! Two weeks! Ack! Get packin!

My PF is annoying the &$#* out of me, especially b/c it's bothering me enough that really all I can do is sit around. I'm not an idle person, so it's depressing me a bit, especially with post trip blahs and weather blahs going on as well. Only direction at this point is up, so that's a plus! :thumbsup2

Paula - what a great opportunity! Congratulations, but understand the scary part. I haven't started over in a LONG time. I'm anxious to see and hear about your cruise. We are hoping to go somewhere warm soon.

Our somewhere warm will likely be Puerto Rico. DGF wants to snorkel. I want to zipline. We both want to get away.

I get to get away first. The planning for WDW spring break trip next month is going strong. Just realized the Cardinals are playing the Braves at WWoS that week. We'd love to do that, but it's the beginning of the trip. The kids would be more interested in sitting on the hillside Thursday or Friday. Monday, NO WAY!

I ran for one minute this morning. Walking feels fine. A as soon as I began to run there was pain. I'm not training for anything (damn you Chicago) so there's no need to push it. My other don't push it is I don't want to be the weak link at Disney or on vacation with DGF. A pokey Aunt Ronda would damage my rep! :rolleyes1

Give it a few days and try again. Sigh.

Ronda

Ronda, have you thought of Belize? A friend of mine just got back and was talking about an awesome zip line and cave tubing day trip she took. They apparently went through a rainforest at different stops, it sounded really neat.

I think we may actually be in Disney around the same time-- my dad is in Orlando for a conference, so DBF and I are heading up for the long weekend. We are thinking about going to the game on Saturday vs. Toronto over the game on Monday since the Cardinals spring training facility is literally throwing distance from where I work, so we figure we'll change things up a bit. If Uggla (the DBF's man crush) is out of the lineup, we'll likely be at every game between Saturday and Monday, trying to see him.

Ronda, sorry you couldn't run. Puerto Rico sounds nice! ANYTHING with sun and warmth sounds nice now, but spring will be here soon enough, time seems to be flying by this winter!

Hhhheeeelllllooooo ladies!!! How is everybody doing on this beautiful Wednesday night? Beautiful as in 73 degrees, I'm FINALLY off call tomorrow and can get back to running and yoga again...yay!!!:cool1::cool1: Hit the elliptical a bunch of times over the past week but it's just not the same:sad2:

Anyone ever deal with a hip problem? For some bizarro reason, I haven't been able to sit cross-legged since before Thanksgiving and have limited range of motion in my left hip. My chiro has been able to get a little mobility back, but even she said it was time for the orthopedic. It doesn't bother me a bit to run, thank goodness, but it's pretty comical to watch me in yoga class:rotfl:.

(Disney alert: watching Lion King for only the millionth time!:woohoo:)

Anyone going to be visiting the holy Mickey land on Mother's Day weekend???

Promise by next post, I'll have everyone's names down. Well, maybe...:confused::flower3:

Our somewhere warm will likely be Puerto Rico. DGF wants to snorkel. I want to zipline. We both want to get away.

zipline is SO FUN! You will LOVE it Ronda!:yay:

I ran for one minute this morning. Walking feels fine. A as soon as I began to run there was pain.

be better Ronda :hug:

Ronda, have you thought of Belize?

OOOH! Belize! That's a great idea :idea:

Anyone ever deal with a hip problem? For some bizarro reason, I haven't been able to sit cross-legged since before Thanksgiving and have limited range of motion in my left hip. My chiro has been able to get a little mobility back, but even she said it was time for the orthopedic. It doesn't bother me a bit to run, thank goodness, but it's pretty comical to watch me in yoga class:rotfl:.

oh yeah. Hip issues right here. I dealt with what I thought was a hip flexor issue for, oh, maybe close to a year? I finally went to the orthopedic just before Christmas and an x-ray confirmed that I have arthritis in my left hip :headache: I will never cure it, but I can manage it. I now take glucosamine daily, been thru tons of PT and spend at least 15 minutes a day doing some very targeted stretching.

I'm usually one for working thru *discomfort*. But- it is so worth it to figure out what the root of the problem is so that you know how best to attack it and make it better.

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. It will certainly be an adventure.

Lisa - you were closest on the location. Southern tier, base of the Finger Lakes and not far from Ithaca. I will be in Corning!

Someone needs to tell me why I am eating as if it is my job.... sigh. I so want to stop this bad trend.

Ronda - take care of you

Hip pain is not fun. Nancy is the expert on this one so I will defer.

Off to bed for me.

Hit the elliptical a bunch of times over the past week but it's just not the same:sad2:

Ain't that the truth. I suppose it's OK for me now since it's not as taxing, but I don't always feel like I get in a good workout. I'm trying to get my body into the swing of my training schedule (short distances T, W, Th, weight training F, light cardio Sat, long run Sun, rest M), and not over-doing it on an elliptical is hard. But man, do I wish I could run as fast as I roll on an elliptical! :)

Hi!

Ronda, THANK you for the tutorial - I totally understood that. I have to pay attention to where my blister forms and troubleshoot the reason - I have tape just in case! :thumbsup2

Vacation anywhere is awesome. I was in Belize for a day and I loved it.

I am busy at work, trying to do errands, clean house, and pack! Leaving Sat Am. Em still doesn't know!

I am reading but not commenting a lot. But I am here!:goodvibes

Yes! Here but not commenting much. Ran 12 miles yesterday and it went well. More importantly, though, it is done! And I am ready for the Princess!

A pokey Aunt Ronda would damage my rep! :rolleyes1

Ronda

:rotfl2: on that.

But sorry on the other. Frustrating. Especially because I know for you that running is a mental clearing as well. :hug:

Promise by next post, I'll have everyone's names down. Well, maybe...:confused::flower3:

:rolleyes1 :goodvibes

Lisa - you were closest on the location. Southern tier, base of the Finger Lakes and not far from Ithaca. I will be in Corning!

Yeah Corning. I just went through recently - way to Williamsburg.

Hi!

Leaving Sat Am.

:woohoo: :yay: :dance3:

Although I am a tad bitter. :sad2: And sad. I've actually thought of grabbing a credit card.

But STILL happy for you!!!:goodvibes

Yes! Here but not commenting much. Ran 12 miles yesterday and it went well. More importantly, though, it is done! And I am ready for the Princess!

WT F? :goodvibes

12? I thought you said you were finished long last week? Or maybe I'm confused. :lmao: But good to hear you're ready.

And whatever on your edit.

It's been a year since Nathan. And he phoned today. And while I want to keep that part private and close to me I do want to share two beautiful things. Are you ready? I'm SO excited. :dance3:

Ready? :rotfl2:

He's having another child. :goodvibes Now that's lovely. Third.

And his creatinine (God I still can't spell it? :sad2:) is still dropping. STILL. This means super kidney is SUPER. :cheer2: And he feels fantastic.

And he's waiting for a cadaver for a pancreas - and that could happen at any moment but will probably be before the end of the year.

Yeah.

And Liz. Thanks for asking. Frankie is same. Okay. But still in pain (in litter). So something is still to be figured out. I'm not allowing it to exhaust me at this point but it would be lovely to have him not feel any pain.

Gary Carter died today (baseball). Oh how I ADORED him. Big 15 year old crush. Expo forever for moi. Sad news.

WT F? :goodvibes

12? I thought you said you were finished long last week? Or maybe I'm confused. :lmao: But good to hear you're ready.

And whatever on your edit.

YES, I was supposed to do my last long run on Friday of last week. But I had Cammie home (she had her wisdom teeth out) and I couldn't leave her for that long. So the next available day I had was yesterday. So it was much later than I planned, but I got it in. :thumbsup2

And you're just jealous on the edit. Suck. It.

It's been a year since Nathan. And he phoned today. And while I want to keep that part private and close to me I do want to share two beautiful things. Are you ready? I'm SO excited. :dance3:

Ready? :rotfl2:

He's having another child. :goodvibes Now that's lovely. Third.

And his creatinine (God I still can't spell it? :sad2:) is still dropping. STILL. This means super kidney is SUPER. :cheer2: And he feels fantastic.

And he's waiting for a cadaver for a pancreas - and that could happen at any moment but will probably be before the end of the year.

Yeah.

Now THIS! This made my day. :good vibes What amazing news! Amazing! So happy to hear this. The baby, the levels, and that he feels so good. You and he are on my bib again this year for the race next week. And Cutie's sister and my Kelly.

Lisa - I'd say to grab one and come. COME. Meet Em and My Former 36 Points!

Oh, and the team. :rotfl2:

N is sad about Gary Carter, too. Mets fan. You know how they are.

LOVELY on Nathan, just great great news! :goodvibes Don't you feel just WONDERFUL about all of that! Oh! It brings tears to my eyes!

I don't want to pack. Dinner is late, cooking, the other two are working on a school project. They are quite cute. I am wishing I had a nice meal right now and TV and no packing. Grr to packing. Grr grr grr. Shut up, I know at least I have legs!

Yes! Lisa!! Please, please, please! You have to come! Have. To.

Hmmmm....what can I do to persuade you?

Oh, I see what it is now. You are afraid. Poor, poor Lisa doesn't want the Pipsqueak to beat her down in Toy Story Maina. Or on Buzz Lightyear. Now I understand. *sigh* It must be difficult to be held captive by your fears of losing like that. I wouldn't know anything about that, seeing as I would OWN YOU on those rides. Yes, by all means, stay up there in the safety of the Great White North. And keep those excuses coming. Someone out there might actually believe them...

Or maybe it is a fear of losing in Pool Slide races? *sigh* Just so so sad, these fears. :sad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter