Team Goddess - Volume 11. Rocking 2012 Goddess Style!

Yes, Nancy. You need to do your 12. Because that is the only way I will do mine....

Thanks Ronda! I didn't bring my tripod and regretted it, but I knew I was coming back for the Princess in 2013, and knew I would bring it then! Sorry about the knee issue, hope it's nothing big.

It's snowing and I'm home today, trying to stay off my feet and rest since I can.

Hope the run went well Nancy!!

In honor of Kelly, who can trip over paper, I hurt my knee on the way to the breakroom Friday afternoon. Seriously, got up, it's fifteen steps away, leg felt funny. Got to the sink and felt a pop. Still hurts. I've not taken pain relievers for anything running related. Until now. And it had nothing to do with RUNNING. It was a walk to the SINK!

First Ronda :hug: I'm thinking about you and Sue and all that you are going thru. What the heck has happened to us? When did *we* become the generation with aging parents? I'm so not ready for that. Actually, I'm not sure anyone is ever really "ready". We just are forced to play the hand we are dealt. Hang in there and know that I'm praying for you guys.

Now. The knee. I had a simialar incident about 2 weeks ago with my hip. And I wasn't walking, I was SLEEPING. Yes. Sleeping. I was laying on my left side (the side of my arthritic hip) and a nasty, super-painful "pop" woke me from a sound sleep. :eek: Truly painful. So much so that I know I reacted loudly as I woke Stephen up too. I could hardly sleep and the next morning it still hurt, so I started the advil. Thankfully I had PT that day. My therapist got in there and pushed and prodded (OUCH!) but basically came to the conclusion that a ligament had been "hung up" on a boney protrusion and finally "popped off". It did hurt for days, so I continued the advil regimin and gentle stretching until it settled back down.

So - I'm tending to agree with your assessment. But please promise me that if it isn't feeling better soon that you'll have it checked just in case. I'd hate to see you do something that would really cause injury!

Giving up on keeping names straight until I think to write them all down while on the computer. So stand by E Maine girl, Jersey Girl (like the Springsteen plug?), Goat Mama (and I mean that in the most complimentary of ways;))

:laughing: Ok. I'll cut you a little slack. For now ;)

Hi I imagine it to be like one of two things:

1) Like when a Supernova explodes and gets sucked into a black hole.
2) Like what would happen if Chuck Norris was cloned and had a fight with himself. The end of the universe. :rotfl2:

:lmao::lmao::lmao: Chuck Norris.

I can MAKE it hurt by pointing my toes and dragging my leg inward. There must be something to having my knee flexed though... it's worse again today in the offce. Maybe I should work from home ; )

RONDA! Stop making it hurt! oh. And go home.:laughing:

I never thought I'd say this, but I really miss snow. It makes me laugh living down here in FL and seeing people with big heavy North Face down coats on in 60 degree weather, although I guess it's that cold to some people.

Is anyone here thinking of signing up for the Tower of Terror 10M?

Rhianna - I have never been to an ob/gyn. popcorn::

Lisa. I don't even know what to say here. Except you know I love you, right? :lovestruc Thankfully I know you were declared healthy before your surgery! Oh. <ahem> did you do your follow-up yet?:confused3

I want to go back to the conversation we were having about workouts/heart rates etc. The week of the 1.6 lb loss? I kept cardio for cardio days (I can't give it up entirely - I am in training here after all!:goodvibes) and strength for strength days. My heart rate and overall calorie burn on strength days were both WAAAAY lower than where I had been working for the last 4-5 weeks. And look what happened! Coincidence? maybe. But I doubt it.

Yes, Nancy. You need to do your 12. Because that is the only way I will do mine....

Oh, it's done all right. Now it's YOUR turn :upsidedow

12 mile training run is done. On the TM :eek: <bleh> It was windy and cold here this morning (about 20* air temp - not sure what the wind chill factor was) so inside it was. Head games. For me, it's all about the head games.

I can't go into it thinking "ok, here we go! I'm going to run 12 miles now :lovestruc". No. It's more like "@#*!&(. What in the name of all that is holy made me think running 12 miles was a GOOD idea":headache:

So, games it was. The TM's at the gym only let you run for 1 hour - then they automatically send you to "cool down" and you have to physically stop and restart the machine if you want to continue (of course, that means the elapsed time and distance reset to "O"). So, even if I had wanted to run the 12 miles straight, I couldn't.

I had decided to break my run down into 3 segments: 5 miles, 4 miles, 3 miles. I know I can do each of those distances easy-peasy. So, my intention was to put them together back to back. My first 5 mile segment went really well, and I decided to finish out the hour rather than stop at 5 miles (naturally! This would make the other segments shorter! WOOT!). First hour: 5.5 miles :thumbsup2 I hit the locker room to use the potty and refill my water bottle.

Second segment: I changed my mind about the approach the second I started. My first 5.5 felt good, so I kept with pretty much the same run/walk intervals. Instead of doing 4 miles I was going to do a whole hour. Second hour: 5.3 miles. Feeling good with 10.8 miles down :thumbsup2

Just when I felt like I was on easy street for the home stretch, I had a bit of panic. I had further to go than I had thought. 2.2 miles. I kept thinking I needed 2.2 more miles. How could that BE? In calculating how much further I had yet to go, I had a small math error....like a 1 MILE math error :eek: Thankfully I came to my senses :idea: I finished my 1.2 for a total of 12 miles. I think I'm ready for the Princess princess:

Remember that day when I kept posting? :laughing:

Serious moment here. We're starting the whole college search process with Becca :sad1: OMG it is KILLING me. This could finally be the the straw that breaks my mental-health :sad:

Lisa. I don't even know what to say here. Except you know I love you, right? :lovestruc Thankfully I know you were declared healthy before your surgery! Oh. <ahem> did you do your follow-up yet?:confused3

I want to go back to the conversation we were having about workouts/heart rates etc. The week of the 1.6 lb loss? I kept cardio for cardio days (I can't give it up entirely - I am in training here after all!:goodvibes) and strength for strength days. My heart rate and overall calorie burn on strength days were both WAAAAY lower than where I had been working for the last 4-5 weeks. And look what happened! Coincidence? maybe. But I doubt it.

Interesting. Who knows - but with you we won't know until you finish marathon training. Every BODY is different BUT Jean's progress has been very consistent with this over six months. And I waited with me to tell you while I was six weeks in of progressing out of no change (well weight down .1 and .4 here and there but no size change then -which is the ultimate BOO :rotfl2:. Fitness gains though.

I do do weights and cardio on different days now as well. Maxing out in the 150s (HR) and never go over an hour.

And don't forget Nancy - I should be comparing you to Jean (athlete who really doesn't/never had a weight problem - just gained some - that makes no sense :rotfl2:) anyway please remember that she has made HUGE gains in smaller and smaller and smaller but the scale hasn't changed all that much - maybe ten pounds tops. And weighs about 40 more pounds that any weight guesser would have her at. So let us know about clothes too.

AND I want to tell you that I was reading this book written by this Army trainer on body weight exercise only - (doesn't believe in traditional cardio). Anyway he said women - who want 10 or 15 pounds off - would do a whole lot better if they could accept that .5 is an excellent number to drop each week for success long term. *Diet * gurus are always pushing quick off is the most successful. But I often wonder if this new study doesn't look at the fact that these people are white knuckling the maintain. Anyway he said .5 is wonderful for those who don't have a lot to lose - YOU :love:. And 1.5 if you do. And never forget that guy from Entourage who said that he only lost about 4 pounds a month but suddenly - VOILA :wizard: - it added up and he was done.

Remember that day when I kept posting? :laughing:

Serious moment here. We're starting the whole college search process with Becca :sad1: OMG it is KILLING me. This could finally be the the straw that breaks my mental-health :sad:

:love:

Ronda :hug:. Sighing. One feels so helpless. Sighing again.

Also, I totally laughed at your figuring out how to bend your foot and Nancy's reaction.

Rhianna - thank you so much. I communicated poorly. I wasn't talking about a hysterectomy - just stories of simple procedures to work on this issue sending woman my age into menopause.

I am like you with knowledge. But I've been prodded and tested for so long with the medical community (for a kidney transplant - one that went forward and one that didn't - so years) and I'm tired. That's all. And as Nancy said I probably am okay (words in Nancy's mouth :rotfl2: :love:) because I was evaluated from top to bottom lately and the fibroids would have come up.

I will not ignore if it doesn't stop.

But thanks - truly. Grateful for your take. I love how your generation just openly talks.

Kelly - I swear YOU singlehandedly could bring me back to facebook. I miss you there. :rotfl2: So sorry about your walk in your house. :lmao: I know it's not funny. :rotfl2: OMG, I can not wait to spend time with you one day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love:

Love to everyone. Paula - get your a$$ back here. :lovestruc

Oh sh!t Erika - I forgot to type - you aren't even curious about my findings for you. I will type. You're so not my Cutie. Insert wink.

Karen - I swear I'll be over at some point. Especially b/c I'm being denied your glorious talent on fb. I bet your shots are just exquisite. :love:

Kimberley - you have zero excuse for Frankie's Mom with me. ;) Lisaviolet is not difficult. :goodvibes Plus come on I did catch your ley. ;) Do the chart.

Oh sh!t Erika - I forgot to type - you aren't even curious about my findings for you. I will type. You're so not my Cutie. Insert wink.

Sorry! I am always curious and definitely want to know all...Cutie style. I am mired in my own crap today. Long story which I will share when I have time/energy. It's an in-law thing. And it is emotionally owning me right now.

But thanks - truly. Grateful for your take. I love how your generation just openly talks.

I think it's because we think we know everything :) But you're welcome... if I overstep any bounds you can just tell me to hush up. I won't get offended, I promise :) I will still send my best wishes your way.

Nancy- I think I channeled your math skills this morning while on the elliptical. My goal at this point is just to crank out an easy 3 miles-- pretty easy when on the elliptical, especially if I pick the one without the arm thingies. Around 2.1 I slowed down for water, but instead of pausing the machine my exercise ended. I kept going, thinking I had 1.9 left. When I hit 50 minutes and still had a bit of distance to go, it hit me. Man it's a sad day for science when I can't subtract 2.1 from 3. :) I think I'll blame this one on being not quite awake yet.

Nancy - AWESOME way to split up the miles! Wow!

Becca. Colleges. Oh my. Where does she want to go? For what?

Ronda - that is so hard and scary with Sue's mom - it does seem like it happened so fast. Did you mention, could any of it be from the drugs she is taking? Side effects that affect her memory, perception?

Yes, I get tweaks sometimes and they are never while or after exercise! Weird how the body works things out.

Rhi - Math. On Sunday I did my 12. My GPS tracker was not set up properly - it totally fizzled on me (my fault) and so I had to start over. It took me hours to focus and add the milage! It was really really simple and yet I couldn't manage it. Crazy! Luckily, I had a good guess that turned out to be right and if I had been off by a tenth of a mile, that would have been okay, too!

Hi Lisa! Update on Frankie? Um, please go to a dr. Followup and general. Really now. We won't let you scold anyone!!! And you don't want calling out privileges revoked! :lmao:

I did my 12 on Sunday. It's over. YAY! I was fine except for my feet - I could feel a blister forming but even though I stopped, couldn't prevent it. But! Ronda! I listened to you and popped it that night. WOW. I have never ever done that. It was amazing! So much better. I now have a sterlized needlie in my medical kit for the trip!

Tell me more about this duct taping and why it works. Does it hurt to take it off?

We leave on Sat AM. Em still doesn't know. I am looking forward to surprising her but not what comes between today and Sat am!

Man it's a sad day for science when I can't subtract 2.1 from 3. :)

:laughing: I am so glad I'm not the only one who has issues. And I was a math major in college :rolleyes1

Becca. Colleges. Oh my. Where does she want to go? For what?

Oh my is right! :sad2: She doesn't want to talk too much about it so it's hard to pin-point exactly what she's after. Definitely musical theatre. And she says she wants to stay close to home so that she can continue to work with her voice teacher.

But. And it's a huge BUT. You might recall that her voice teacher has cancer. She went thru that whole chemo-embolization about a year and a half ago, which had good results initially but then the cancer started to grow again. She has been on a chemo trial that has thus far produced mixed results for her. The tumor shrunk (good news) but then stablized (not so good news, but not neccessarily horrible news either). We don't know how much time there is to be had with her. And I know you can understand where I'm coming from with this. It could be months, it could be decades. It's all unknown. I don't want Becca to stay close out of fear though. Does that make sense?

Liz, you would absolutely adore this woman. She is amazing in more ways that I can say here. Faithful. Generous. Supremely talented. She just makes you want to be the "best you" you could possibly be. We call her Becca's second mother. :lovestruc

Stephen and I had a chat with her (the voice teacher) after the concert the other night. We are going to sit down with her and really talk about what she thinks is best for Becca from a school-program stand point so we are all on the same page as we are guiding her toward her decision. There are some ok schools here for musical theatre, and University of Hartford's Hartt School of Music is outstanding. But if Becca belongs closer to NYC well - we'll have to work on that.

In the mean time, I pray. And worry. And cry.

Oh my is right! :sad2: She doesn't want to talk too much about it so it's hard to pin-point exactly what she's after. Definitely musical theatre. And she says she wants to stay close to home so that she can continue to work with her voice teacher.

But. And it's a huge BUT. You might recall that her voice teacher has cancer. She went thru that whole chemo-embolization about a year and a half ago, which had good results initially but then the cancer started to grow again. She has been on a chemo trial that has thus far produced mixed results for her. The tumor shrunk (good news) but then stablized (not so good news, but not neccessarily horrible news either). We don't know how much time there is to be had with her. And I know you can understand where I'm coming from with this. It could be months, it could be decades. It's all unknown. I don't want Becca to stay close out of fear though. Does that make sense?

Liz, you would absolutely adore this woman. She is amazing in more ways that I can say here. Faithful. Generous. Supremely talented. She just makes you want to be the "best you" you could possibly be. We call her Becca's second mother. :lovestruc

Stephen and I had a chat with her (the voice teacher) after the concert the other night. We are going to sit down with her and really talk about what she thinks is best for Becca from a school-program stand point so we are all on the same page as we are guiding her toward her decision. There are some ok schools here for musical theatre, and University of Hartford's Hartt School of Music is outstanding. But if Becca belongs closer to NYC well - we'll have to work on that.

In the mean time, I pray. And worry. And cry.

:hug:

Liz - here's how the duct tape works for me. I think my blister problem is poor form. I am not moving my foot backwards when it hits the ground (clawing they call it). Instead it hits with forward motion and a lot of shear force gets applied to the pad behind my toes. The one that formed during the Disney marathon just reached the surface last week!

Anyway, the shear action is coming through the sock... think about the layers... sole, insole, sock to skin. If something slides the force is wasted. Maybe it becomes heat? Anyway, I cut a piece of ducttape like a blobby crescent, maybe egg shaped and put it on a dry foot. The important thing is to keep the edges away from pressure. It's got to be smooth, too. If there's pressure at the edges the tape will roll and that's bad. If the edges are beyond the flatest part of the ball of my foot it's good. I should have stuck with the tape (hee hee). Instead I bought another, tighter fitting sock. It was okay for my 20 miler, but come race day not enough. Which makes me think the problem is not between the sock and the foot, but between the sock and the insole and the sock is just the messenger.

From my reading... do not wrap the foot. There's too much swelling during the run. Do not try this mid race. The tape needs a dry start... use the cheap silvery. Thin and sticky. I tried Gorilla tape. Thick and sticky and it left adnesive residue inside the sock = edges too thick.

I don't know if I'd try it for the princess. Try putting some on and just wear it for the day. Feel the slide.

I've never had any pain taking it off, but nothing's formed beneath it either.

Ronda

I've made an executive decision. Becca MAY NOT go away to college. Nope. She must stay home and take online classes. She is far too big a source of entertainment for her not to be around on a daily basis. :thumbsup2

I've made an executive decision. Becca MAY NOT go away to college. Nope. She must stay home and take online classes. She is far too big a source of entertainment for her not to be around on a daily basis. :thumbsup2

Yes. I like that decision :goodvibes

I am SO off-plan this week. I haven't tracked a thing since last ? Wednesday maybe? :headache:

Paula! Last name on WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? tonight.

I'm here... just been in part post vacation bliss and part work doom and gloom.

Been thinking of you all and will properly introduce myself to all of our newbies. I will also make a real point of not waiting so long in between visits. Lots going on here to fill you all in on.

First - I do have a trip report started for my vacation. I needed to go through the pictures so that I can do it right. Almost done with that so I can post the first day or two.

Second - work update. After a great deal of I can't believe you people are making this big a deal out of this, I am being transferred to a new project! It is all very exciting and a little scary since I will be moving three hours west of where I have been for the vast majority of my life. The project is a great one and the career opportunities are amazing but leaving the capitol is going to be hard as I have been there for the better part of 8 years now. Of course, they want me there in about two weeks so there is lots to do. Of course, my being alone in a new town gives me more time to hang out here. heh-heh....

So that about sums things up for me. I need to pick some pictures for day one and will be back with the start of the trip report.

Lisa - sending you and Frankie hugs. Nancy, you get them too for Becca.

For everyone who is healing, please listen to your bodies and let them heal. I am battling both PF (ouch) and some minor arthritis in my back (double ouch) at the moment. It just plain sucks but all I can do is wait it out and let it heal.

Yes. I like that decision :goodvibes

I am SO off-plan this week. I haven't tracked a thing since last ? Wednesday maybe? :headache:

You and me both Nancy. Just ate Ben and Jerry's PB Cup ice cream. Where is the whacking yourself upside the head icon?

Second - work update. After a great deal of I can't believe you people are making this big a deal out of this, I am being transferred to a new project! It is all very exciting and a little scary since I will be moving three hours west of where I have been for the vast majority of my life. The project is a great one and the career opportunities are amazing but leaving the capitol is going to be hard as I have been there for the better part of 8 years now. Of course, they want me there in about two weeks so there is lots to do. Of course, my being alone in a new town gives me more time to hang out here. heh-heh....

Congrats on the new project! Back in November, I had three weeks to finish my project at work in MA, pack what I could of my house into my tiny Ford Escape, and move to Florida with my dog. I arrived in town at 10pm on a Friday night and started my new assignment at 9am on Monday. It is nice to have tons of time without social obligation in the evenings, but not knowing anyone outside of my boyfriend and a few coworkers has made for a bit of a rough transition for me. I hope yours goes smoothly.

Just gandering a guess here, but are you headed to out to the Syracuse area? Or are you going kind of north/west? I did my undergrad up at SLU, so that part of the state used to be pretty familiar to me. Although in the 10 years since graduating, the closest I've come to the area is Lake Placid.

How exciting Paula!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:goodvibes

And what a fun game for moi. :woohoo:

FINGER LAKES??????

My guesses:

1) Auburn

2) Seneca Falls

Or NW - hmmmm have to think about NW. What fun! :dance3:

Will return later....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter