Team Goddess - Volume 11. Rocking 2012 Goddess Style!

Have to catch up.

Will do later.

Down .2 for the week. I won't say I'm ecstatic but I sure am content about it. :thumbsup2 Wonderful mental change for me.

My body is so out of whack. With stress probably. Haven't slept a full night in about three weeks. And am on about a 14 day period - two in one kind of deal. :rotfl2: Holy hormone imbalance.

So yeah I'm content. ;)

I've been eating like it's my job this week, so I am downright afraid to weigh. Sigh. I was doing really well and DH's trip to Disney + a work appetizer party knocked me off, and I am struggling hard to get back on.

Well before I go. Kat. :love: Just get on - it's simply a blip in your journey. :hug: Just get on. We ALL have that. ALL of us. I know you know that.

[ EDIT: I mean get on the scale not talking about wagon Lisa wants to blow up everyone's wagon. :laughing: ;) :lovestruc

And to he!! with the wagon ........ I'll shut up. :love: Sort of. :goodvibes

SGK became a brand long ago. Their tendency to sue everyone with a ribbon turns me off. Don't we all want the same result?

Exactly!

:hug: on Sue's mom. Did they take her off the meds yet?

While we're on the subject of non-profits, look up mine (well, sort of mine):love:. I do the public relations stuff for them: www.americasmomsforsoldiers.com. We send care packages to soldiers in Afghanistan who don't get mail from home.:sad: We've been around since 2009 and send between 900-1200 packages every month. I know, I know, shameless plug...:rotfl:

As a military mom I truly appreciate any and every person that supports our troops! While my son is not yet on active duty, he will be when he finishes school. He's already contracted with the Army, so they "own" him for a while!

Having a brother in the military and getting to meet some of the families of his men over the years has been such an eye-opening and humbling experience. So much more can be done for them. So much more. Even if you don't support the war. I feel a rant coming on so I'll stop there. :)

:goodvibes yep. Right there with ya.

One of my friends sent me this a little while ago as 'motivation'

haha.jpg

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

I am back from my vacation and it was simply amazing!!!

Welcome back Paula! I can't wait for the TR!:woohoo:

Plutobaby - I am terrible with names, too. Terrible.

me too :rolleyes1

I weighed in yesterday morning and stayed exactly the same. Exactly. Weight, body fat %. Exactly :headache: So what did I do? Ate like it was my job. Yesterday I had a cupcake (amongst many other miserable choices) and came in 11 points over my daily goal. Today I had a burger from Johnny Rockets for lunch. I just looked up the nutritional info on that bad boy and it was 16 points for the one burger. SIXTEEN. I get 26 per day. I have 3 left for dinner. At least I skipped the fries. <bleh> Tomorrow I'm at an all-day workshop so my workout will be lame if anything, lunch is provided so another day of questionable food choices. <cry>

Gah! Totally have to catch up. So far behind!

Welcome new Goddesses! I'll meet you all, I swear.

The big buzz today is that we got our bib numbers for the Princess! WOOT!

Gah! Totally have to catch up. So far behind!

Welcome new Goddesses! I'll meet you all, I swear.

The big buzz today is that we got our bib numbers for the Princess! WOOT!

Please - don't bother catching up :rolleyes1 - just type your dam@ bio:rotfl2: .

Wait! I'm going to go check. :goodvibes

Exactly!

I weighed in yesterday morning and stayed exactly the same. Exactly. Weight, body fat %. Exactly :headache: So what did I do? Ate like it was my job. Yesterday I had a cupcake (amongst many other miserable choices) and came in 11 points over my daily goal. Today I had a burger from Johnny Rockets for lunch. I just looked up the nutritional info on that bad boy and it was 16 points for the one burger. SIXTEEN. I get 26 per day. I have 3 left for dinner. At least I skipped the fries. <bleh> Tomorrow I'm at an all-day workshop so my workout will be lame if anything, lunch is provided so another day of questionable food choices. <cry>

I'm so sorry Nancy. :hug:

Sometimes I wish I could just pop over. :sad2:

Another newbie here. I am looking for lots of moral support; by the looks of things, I think I've come to the right place!

Hi Gina. Welcome. :flower3:

I am a Galloway follower, belong to a local Galloway training group, and do a run/walk plan, although right now it's mostly walk due to some nagging injuries.

Kat, I've been meaning to ask you how everything is going with your injuries. :hug:

Okay, missy. I'm only 37! I have months to 38! :rotfl:

Don't missy me ;) I was bang on with you SEPTEMBER GIRL. I said I'm 45 this year and you're 38?????

Sorry about the rant that will follow...

I have never been a supporter of SGK for the same reason.

My first few years as a scientist were in cancer research in what we lovingly called the T&A group (but on paper we were the colorectal and breast cancer research in the lab). SGK brands itself as giving money to research, but the grants were laughable. Don't get me wrong, any drop in the bucket helps to the common goal, but if you're going to raise money to research-- give money to research. Don't half-*** it. In FY 2010, SGK brought in $311 MILLION dollars. If even half of that went towards research, I'd have a different stance on them (well, maybe not now that the whole PP thing is going on), but only $62 million of that is what went to research. I look at that as lives wasted. What did the other $248 million go to? Salaries? Lawsuits? Fundraising? It will cost a research group around $850 million (on the low end) over the course of around 10 years to bring one drug through pre-clinical research to FDA approval and the market. The "up to $7.5 million" grants offered by SGK seem like a lot on paper and do provide some opportunity to research things, but barely cover five years of pre-clinical research. I won't even touch on the $30k grants.

That being said, I have always supported friends who do the 3-day because it's a journey for the woman. Yes, I hate that my money goes towards an organization I don't agree with, but at the end of the day I'm chalking it up as supporting someone who means something to me. One friend's mom loves meeting up with a group of women who are all survivors she met doing the 3-day. It's powerful, and exactly what she needs as motivation to keep going.

It's not an easy decision. Are there any local groups that you can raise the money for instead?

Interesting to read. At the same time you and Liz were educating moi I was trying to figure out what the heck is going on between SGK and Planned Parenthood.

Bring on the rants! Bring on the rants! :goodvibes

So cute. I know not the point - but so cute regardless. :goodvibes

Hi All!

Yeah - the falling off things are a problem

Im going to ask around, see if friends / family have a chiropractor they can recommend - I figure, it can't hurt to go and see what they say :confused3

Awesome :thumbsup2

:love:

Wow. The numbers are really quite staggering.

When I was deciding which 5K to do I did some reading up on the companies - some of the larger 'well-known' companies put very little towards research, but were very vague about what the rest of the money went to.

In the end I did the Race For Life through Cancer Research UK. The entry fee (£15.00) goes towards the organising of the day. 80% of sponsorship raised goes directly towards research. A couple of weeks after the race I got an email detailing how much money had been raised overall with a breakdown of what the money was put towards. It also had a list of 'what your money can do' - eg £10 buys 300 microscope slides, £30 buys 250 petri dishes, £94 covers the cost of one woman entering a clinical trial etc. It was pretty cool to see what the money went towards.

Karen - So glad you're having a good time :cool1:

Ronda - How is Sues mum? :hug:

E, EE, Paula, Kat, Rhi, Kimberley, Jo, Meg, EVERYONE - Hi :flower3:

I am so glad its nearly the weekend :rotfl:

Hope everyone is having a great day pirate:

This is ALL very nice but goal?

I'm so sorry MKK. It's my mission to keep you at goal. :love:

SGK became a brand long ago. Their tendency to sue everyone with a ribbon turns me off. Don't we all want the same result?

Hi Gina! :wave2: Hi Kimberly! :wave2: Welcome.

The visit to StL last weekend was tough. Sue's mom was so disoriented and weak. Much more so than two weeks ago. One of the treatment goals is for her to be able to stand for five minutes. They believe she can, but after a couple of minutes wonders why she's standing and chooses to sit down.

I've been getting to run outside this week. It's been great. Hoping to do it again tomorrow.

We're going to have a good healthy dinner dammit! Going out of town has us eating out WAY more than we're used to. It starts to seem normal, and that's not good (quoting Bill Nye here). So it's a little salmom, a little rice and roasted green beans and onions. Yum.

Hope everyone's getting ready for a wonderful weekend.

Ronda

Sighing over Sue's mom. :hug:

I did find her very intelligent with the "wonders why she's standing and sits down". Totally makes sense.

Hi Ladies!

I got so mad when I read about this nonsense with SGK that I went and wrote a scathing email to them, for all the good it will do. Made me feel better though :thumbsup2.

I belong to an online research group started by Dr. Susan Love called Army of Women. Look it up! They seem to have their open-minded, non-politically influenced heads on straight:yay:.

Sorry..rant alert...rant alert...:scared1:

While we're on the subject of non-profits, look up mine (well, sort of mine):love:. I do the public relations stuff for them: www.americasmomsforsoldiers.com. We send care packages to soldiers in Afghanistan who don't get mail from home.:sad: We've been around since 2009 and send between 900-1200 packages every month. I know, I know, shameless plug...:rotfl:

Tomorrow's Friday...weigh in day. Wish me luck!:thumbsup2

So how did it go Kimberley?

Boy we have some feisty newbies. I LOVE it. :love:

Taryn?

Holy cow you all have been busy.

Hi All

Rhi, I never knew that aout SGK numbers. Thanks for letting me know.

I did 4 miles yesterday and my knee, IT band still hurt pretty bad. I did go to the doc who has now sent me to an orth knee / it band guy. She said there is a shot they can give to ease the muscle. I hope it works.
23 days til the princess.

Hi Jo. Hope it gets better for you.

23 days until the Princess. :scared1:

Makes me excited for you all. And sad for me.

And I wonder if I'll be forced back onto fb to follow your running and drinking little ____________. :rotfl2:

This year I'll have to be drunk just to do it. :sad2:

On other unrelated fronts- I pushed up my weigh-in by a day since I just couldn't wait to see the progress, and I'm down 7 for the month! HOORAY!

Rhianna. Fantastic on the seven. :worship: Yeah for you.

Top o' the morning everybody!:goodvibes

Great news first thing in the a.m - I'm down another 2 pounds! Yipppeee!!!!!!:yay::yay::woohoo:

Forgive me if I don't have everyone's names straight, I'm awful with that kind of thing! I got involved in America's Moms through an article about them I read in a local paper two years ago. I was looking to get involved in something near and dear to my heart. So many in my family have been involved in the military and one of my cousins is currently serving in Afghanistan for the 4th or 5th time. It hit close to home and the rest is history! Anything to do with the military, AMFS, Wounded Warriors, etc., I'm all over. It makes me SO MAD when I see these guys dressed up in camo at traffic lights allegedly collecting funds for the military!!! First, the military doesn't beg at traffic lights, and second, that particular charity only donates 9-14% (?) to the military!:eek:

Sorry, another rant alert!:scared1:

I also support anything law enforcement (hubby), or animals, especially Labs (could you guess by my pic?) I also try to help out as much as I can with Labrador Retriever Rescue of Florida (www.labradorrescue.net). I know - another shameless plug!!:rotfl:

I just want to say that after only a week, I have found so much inspiration and support from all of you. I feel like I've found a whole new family. :cheer2: So ladies, kudos to all of you!!:cheer2::woohoo::grouphug:

I hope to meet all of you and the Wine and Dine in November!:wave2:

Ignore my how did it go. I've reread.

Good for you Kimberley. :thumbsup2

Hi everyone!

I am back from my vacation and it was simply amazing!!! I ate a bit too much, walked a great deal and most importantly relaxed. For the newbies (hi to you all :flower3:) I was on a Disney cruise! I even spent a day at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. A full trip report with pictures is coming but I am offto the gym first. Time to go burn off some of the many, many calories I ate this past week.

I will catch up on all you have been up to this afternoon.

Yeah. Can't wait to hear. :dance3: Please make the pictures big Paula. I'm getting old. ;)

Paula, are you psyched for Sunday? :woohoo: You are Giants, right?

Kat and Ronda. I smile at you two every single day.:laughing: :worship:

GOOGLE CHROME where have you been all my life???!!!!!!???!!!!!

And I wonder if I'll be forced back onto fb to follow your running and drinking little ____________. :rotfl2:

perhaps! :laughing:

Paula, are you psyched for Sunday? :woohoo: You are Giants, right?

NOOOOOOoooooooo!!!! Patriots :cheer2: Please Paula, tell me Patriots! :laughing:

Please - don't bother catching up :rolleyes1 - just type your dam@ bio:rotfl2: .

Wait! I'm going to go check. :goodvibes

Can it, Red!

Ok, I'll type my bio HERE. Happy now???

So, NO, I am not new. I am one of the original crew and have just been off the boards for a bit. But I'm back now. :cool1:

Name: Erika. Everyone here calls me E. I don't know who started it. It works, though. Lisa calls me PipSqueak. But no one else is allowed to.
Age: I usually don't know (true story), but last year we finally figured out that I'm 42. Ack.
Weight stuff: I am forever losing and gaining the same stupid f-ing 15 pounds. It's annoying as hell. Right now it's with me. In another few months it'll be gone again.
Exercise stuff: I run. A lot. I never used to until I joined this thread 4 years and 1 month ago. I do an asston of other stuff as well. I've done a few TRIs and loved them. And I tend to be a gym rat.
Family stuff: Married to the same guy for a long time. We've been together for 18 years. He annoys me a ton but he's a great human being, so it balances out. He spends about 50% of this time in Sweden. We have an apartment there and the kids and I will go over this summer. Kids--clearly there are 3 of them. They amaze me on a daily basis. All 3 are major athletes. So I spend a ton of my time going to and from sporting events. And I coach a lot, too.
Work Stuff: I'm a college professor with a Ph.D. in Behavioral Science. I work almost entirely from home, which is awesome given the Family Stuff I just mentioned.
Disney Stuff: I go about 3 times per year. Twice with family and my annual trip with Team Goddess. MK will always be special because it is the most magical. Epcot is my other favorite. We own DVC and it was the best purchase I ever made.
Misc. Stuff: Don't use the dancing banana. I hate it and will be mean to you if you use it. I swear here on the DIS all the time and call people asshats and asstards and all sorts of other names and they never seem to catch me or care. My best friends are on this thread. :)

NOOOOOOoooooooo!!!! Patriots :cheer2: Please Paula, tell me Patriots! :laughing:

Sorry Nancy. Giants all the way baby. I did 'cook for them once years ago so they have my support (that and my dad would kill me if I rooted for another team). We beat you in 2008 and you are going down again.

Lisa - I promise to make the pictures big. I'll be working on it tomorrow. Today was spent tackling the mound of laundry and other assorted re-entry type things. That and I am firmly still in lazy mode.:rotfl:

Sorry Nancy. Giants all the way baby. I did 'cook for them once years ago so they have my support (that and my dad would kill me if I rooted for another team). We beat you in 2008 and you are going down again.

yeah. You'll be eatin' those words my friend :upsidedow

Last night on Jay Leno they had a balloon-popping dog. It was actually adorable - this little dog attacks and pops balloons when she sees them. They set out a grid of balloons with the logos of the opposing teams and the last balloon standing is the predicted winner. Apparently this dog has done this for several years and correctly predicted the Superbowl winner every.time. 100% accuracy Paula. And last night, the last balloon was Patriots. As a matter of fact, the last TWO balloons were both Patriots.

Can it, Red!

:rotfl:

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Down .2 for the week. I won't say I'm ecstatic but I sure am content about it. :thumbsup2 Wonderful mental change for me.

I think .2 is great!!! Better than a gain, right?

I am up 1.4. Boo. Well, I was down 3.8 last week and I called it a fluke, so I am balancing out I guess!

My goal is to lose and maintain a loss of 5 lbs in the next 3 weeks. Then it will be March and I can go back to losing losing losing!

I weighed in yesterday morning and stayed exactly the same. Exactly. Weight, body fat %. Exactly :headache: So what did I do? Ate like it was my job. Yesterday I had a cupcake (amongst many other miserable choices) and came in 11 points over my daily goal. Today I had a burger from Johnny Rockets for lunch. I just looked up the nutritional info on that bad boy and it was 16 points for the one burger. SIXTEEN. I get 26 per day. I have 3 left for dinner. At least I skipped the fries. <bleh> Tomorrow I'm at an all-day workshop so my workout will be lame if anything, lunch is provided so another day of questionable food choices. <cry>[/B][/COLOR]

This is frustrating for sure. Can you ID what it's about? How many pounds are you trying to lose, Nancy? Let's look at this like "experts" do. Seriously, what numbers are we talking, then let's look at food choices. or I can just shut up and leave you to it! :lmao:

Bwahahahahaha :rotfl2:

Oh, no, we are a Giants thread! Me, Paula, and I claim Erika because she grew up in NY state.

Age: I usually don't know (true story), but last year we finally figured out that I'm 42. Ack.

I keep this is my calendar in case she forgets. Truth.

Family stuff: Married to the same guy for a long time. We've been together for 18 years. He annoys me a ton but he's a great human being, so it balances out. He spends about 50% of this time in Sweden. We have an apartment there and the kids and I will go over this summer.

That was both sweet and funny about the J-man.

Misc. Stuff: Don't use the dancing banana. I hate it and will be mean to you if you use it. I swear here on the DIS all the time and call people asshats and asstards and all sorts of other names and they never seem to catch me or care. My best friends are on this thread. :)[/COLOR][/COLOR]

AWWWW!

Now, there's the real side of my little cherub. :rotfl:

oh, yeah!

yeah. You'll be eatin' those words my friend :upsidedow

Last night on Jay Leno they had a balloon-popping dog. It was actually adorable - this little dog attacks and pops balloons when she sees them. They set out a grid of balloons with the logos of the opposing teams and the last balloon standing is the predicted winner. Apparently this dog has done this for several years and correctly predicted the Superbowl winner every.time. 100% accuracy Paula. And last night, the last balloon was Patriots. As a matter of fact, the last TWO balloons were both Patriots.

Okay, that is hilarious. A balloon popping dog! :rotfl:

Heading out for an 11-miler. Think good thoughts for me!

Good thoughts! Good thoughts! Also, why are you doing 11? Isn't this the weekend of 10?

Em makes her first Reconciliation today. Catholic thing. Tomorrow I have church (must go now, with the little believer in the house) and 10 miles. Planning on outside 5 mile loop, twice. Never done this loop. Slightly nervous!

Good thoughts! Good thoughts! Also, why are you doing 11? Isn't this the weekend of 10?

Em makes her first Reconciliation today. Catholic thing. Tomorrow I have church (must go now, with the little believer in the house) and 10 miles. Planning on outside 5 mile loop, twice. Never done this loop. Slightly nervous!

Yes, it was supposed to be 10. But NANCY did 10. So I *have* to do 11. Of course. And it's done! And I feel ok. And OF COURSE I am for the Giants. It's a fun SuperBowl for us this years as it is both of our home teams!

Good luck to Em! Is that the right sentiment? Congratulations? Ha!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter