Team Goddess - Volume 11. Rocking 2012 Goddess Style!

That's a great idea - an EASY bike ride, by the beach! Wanna come down and do it with me? I promise to come up in Oct to play in the woods!

Perphaps they have a relay ride and we can all do it? I promise Liz - no hills!

Lisa - sending you and Frankie hugs :hug: All you can do is follow your heart on this one. It doesn't make it any easier, but you know you did what you could / had to do.

Liz - I love your perspective on your weight loss right now. Love it! Please don't stop sharing.

Nancy - glad you had a great run this morning.

Kat - whoo hoo on the loss.

I am off to JC tonight for my weigh in. Not sure what is going to happen with this as I really didn't feel like I was on all week. Nothing crazy but nothing great either. Just a whole lot of eh. Today is a new day and I feel much better about my choices. Healthy whole foods and a bit more movement in my day.

I read a qreat quote and I may just have to hang this up on my mirror for inspiration:

"Great things are note done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together." - Vincent Van Gogh

He got it, it is not one big thing but a series of small things that can make a difference. Here's to the small things!

Liz, I sooo get the broken system thing.

At 5'8", i hit 159 (remember?) in 2007 and was pushing skinny. Size 10s were big. At 145, which is what I "should" be I guess (154 is top of the range), 8s are big, I start looking like a bobblehead, and people are trying to feed me cookies. Granted, it's been years since I have been there.

I am actually pretty happy in the 170s, and would be thrilled to get there and stay there.

But mostly, I want to get faster and fitter and stronger and be a better runner. I want to not worry about getting swept and be able to do a 2:30 half marathon and not be destroyed. I would like my training runs when I get up to longer distances not take all.freaking.day., too.

I don't have it in me to multi-quote. I just tried and lost it.

So thanks to everyone. :hug: Your posts showed that you *heard* me and nothing is more important - especially when I'm bawling daily over all of this. :goodvibes Gave me such strength. Thank you and :hug: to you all.

Rhianna - thank you - just to answer.

No nothing can be done for Frankie besides surgery. Not even to ease anything.

Your friend's cat probably had chronic kidney faillure/disease. In that case it doesn't get better BUT can be managed/looked after with nutrition and meds. My first cat had acute kidney failure - the cat either completely heals or dies - no in between.

Frankie has neither. But will go into acute kidney failure if his stones drop and plug.

Some stones can be helped or even dissolved over months of nutrition. Not his - they are genetic and not the norm.

Frankie tests are in already!!! He will have surgery tomorrow and stay overnight. Because he is healthy as a horse besides this - so I can't put him down knowing that. Made it an easy - and expensive :rolleyes1 :rotfl2: ;) - decision. She says he reads nowhere near 14. He has a new finding - a kidney stone (are they twins Kat? :rotfl2:) but like Trinity's no issue. So he's laying here with no clue the trauma to come. :3dglasses His brother just laid on top of him like he wants that right now.

So easy to make the decision in the end - which is all you can ask.

Now back to regular programming. When did you all become me? :rotfl2: :love:

Rhianna - inside joke. I have been the queen of talking about BMI, size and where it all got effed up. And concentrating on feeling a certain way.

Lisa, that is great news! Trinity has had the surgery 3 times and she is still going. Good luck to Frankie! I know how expensive it is, though, for sure. Hopefully he comes through it and you have good years left with him.

As to the bawling, the first time I dropped her off for a surgery, oh, the poor vet tech... :laughing:

The last time she had issues turned out to be acute kidney failure, but we watch her like crazy, and they figured it out in enough time for them to take care of it. She is a very food-oriented cat, so if she is off her food for even one meal, off to the vet we go. They think it was a severe UTI that caused it, maybe - she is prone to those due to the stones and her chronic dehydration. She won't eat wet food, though, little Miss Priss gets it on her very white fur and bathes for an hour after about 3 bites.

Thankfully, she is good at taking pills. Up and over, pry the mouth open, shove it down her throat, hold her mouth closed, stroke the throat, she swallows, done. Usually under a min or 2.

Lisa, that is great news! Trinity has had the surgery 3 times and she is still going. Good luck to Frankie! I know how expensive it is, though, for sure. Hopefully he comes through it and you have good years left with him.

As to the bawling, the first time I dropped her off for a surgery, oh, the poor vet tech... :laughing:

The last time she had issues turned out to be acute kidney failure, but we watch her like crazy, and they figured it out in enough time for them to take care of it. She is a very food-oriented cat, so if she is off her food for even one meal, off to the vet we go. They think it was a severe UTI that caused it, maybe - she is prone to those due to the stones and her chronic dehydration. She won't eat wet food, though, little Miss Priss gets it on her very white fur and bathes for an hour after about 3 bites.

Thankfully, she is good at taking pills. Up and over, pry the mouth open, shove it down her throat, hold her mouth closed, stroke the throat, she swallows, done. Usually under a min or 2.

All your posts helped in so many ways Kat. With understanding it all - with questions to the vet with decisions about his age and such.

Thank you Kat.

I can't believe she doesn't eat wet. I tried to put pumpkin in for Frankie for constipation. Nope. :rotfl2: But Neville loved it. :lmao: Oh well.

I want to be my cats in my next life. They are happy. Smiling.

Yes Erika - you're returning to a vet thread. :laughing: ;);)

Nancy - of course you HATE running. I know that. But of course couldn't trust my own brain when you seemed to be loving the TM all of a sudden. :goodvibes

Endorphins. :love:

For one, I'd never dieted before, not seriously.
..."

And there we go - another plus for you. :laughing: I forgot that one in my speech. :goodvibes Sh!T.

It shows. Your skin - your face - your body. It shows that you didn't get yourself involved in up and down and up and down.

Yeah for you.

I did. Thought early - was told early when I wasn't really overweight that many years but thought and was told. :sad2:

Me I quit very early but started early. I really quit it all at 25. I remember the moment that I knew for good. My tennis team was having pizza and celebrating something and I wouldn't even have a bite. And I looked around and realized how silly that was - and stopped forever. Never ate with them. But remembered how that felt and stopped at an early age. So good for me.

But I have thin irish skin.....

And I realized my pluses this week. It just occurred to me that any gain back came with new environment (not downtown) and not being able to exercise around surgery.

Plus, the absolute majority of my weight has been off for years and years and years. And of course I forget that. But can go "wow" in others when that happens. I realized it's been about eight or more since the first part came off. And those pictures are only about 20 something more down but I've been concentrating on it instead of the 60 off. But nope. Changes have a come.

I forgot your saying - wait it's Fleetwood Mac - hmmmm - never going back again. My first real album Liz. I had others but my first grown up album. At 10 or 11. I remember unwrapping it like it was yesterday which is pretty dam@ scary. Laughing.

So here's to realizing all our strengths, accomplishments and lessons.

Paula is tonight - we are in a good spot for varied weigh ins - which is great for the strength of the group. I think we're at five or more different days. Yeah.

All your posts helped in so many ways Kat. With understanding it all - with questions to the vet with decisions about his age and such.

Thank you Kat.

I can't believe she doesn't eat wet. I tried to put pumpkin in for Frankie for constipation. Nope. :rotfl2: But Neville loved it. :lmao: Oh well.

I want to be my cats in my next life. They are happy. Smiling.

Yes Erika - you're returning to a vet thread. :laughing: ;);)

Anytime. :hug:

Yeah, she doesn't like the wet food at all. Maya would climb the cabinets for it, or tuna. They'll both eat tuna. Pumpkin? No way. We tried and got nowhere.

So funny that the cat that didn't need the pumpkin wanted it. Such a cat thing to do. :laughing:

Lisa - so happy to hear about Frankie's test results. That makes the decision so much easier. The little guy will be up and about in no time. Give him and extra hug for me. :goodvibes

JC results are in - I normalized after last week's ridiculous loss. I am happy. I am even happier now that I have a plan of attack for my vacation that starts on Friday. I have not had a real vacation since my friend's wedding in Las Vegas in September, 2010 and I so need to take some time off from work, turn off my cell phone and unplug from the world. So that is what I am doing. I may sneak back from time to time to check in here but no promises. :rolleyes1

Again, I am loving the conversation here and I really am sorry for skipping out on you all for the last six months. I forgot how much stronger I am for being here.

Seriously, ask Erika or Nancy - they are rule benders and I am prim and proper! :rotfl2:

"Erika and Nancy are RULE BENDERS"!?!? :scared1: Just what exactly are you trying to say here?!?!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

yeah, ok. I'll admit it for the both of us. :laughing: But whats wrong with a few shenanigans???

Perphaps they have a relay ride and we can all do it? I promise Liz - no hills!

ooh! That would be fun!

I read a qreat quote and I may just have to hang this up on my mirror for inspiration:

"Great things are note done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together." - Vincent Van Gogh

He got it, it is not one big thing but a series of small things that can make a difference. Here's to the small things!

I love that Paula!

So easy to make the decision in the end - which is all you can ask.

Good luck to you and Frankie tomorrow :goodvibes

So here's to realizing all our strengths, accomplishments and lessons.

:lovestruc

JC results are in - I normalized after last week's ridiculous loss. I am happy. I am even happier now that I have a plan of attack for my vacation that starts on Friday. I have not had a real vacation since my friend's wedding in Las Vegas in September, 2010 and I so need to take some time off from work, turn off my cell phone and unplug from the world. So that is what I am doing. I may sneak back from time to time to check in here but no promises. :rolleyes1

awesome. On all fronts. Good night at JC, a vacation on the horizon. Life is good, isn't it!

Again, I am loving the conversation here and I really am sorry for skipping out on you all for the last six months. I forgot how much stronger I am for being here.

I'm loving it too Paula. Feels good to be "back" :goodvibes

Why is it when I say, "I've got a song stuck in my head" no one says, "oooh, which one?" For the record it's I Am Stuck On Band-Aid. Ah, I feel better.

Kat said:

Cats and pills... I'd never had to give Flick a pill until a few months ago. I knew it would be more like this...
Retrieve cat from bedroom, and throw soggy pill away. Bring it back into the kitchen. Take new pill from foil wrap, cradle cat in left arm holding rear paws tightly with left hand. Force jaws open and push pill to back of mouth with right forefinger. Hold mouth shut for a count of ten.
Fortunately he's crazy for beef baby food. Disolve the pill in a few drops of water and work it into a teaspoon of baby food. He laps it up in a jiffy. Less traumatic for all. I look like an artiste when it's med time... actually bought a palette knife (plastic) and use a ceramic tile to work it together.

Paula - are you getting away or staying in? Well deserved.

Ronda

Why is it when I say, "I've got a song stuck in my head" no one says, "oooh, which one?" For the record it's I Am Stuck On Band-Aid. Ah, I feel better.

:lmao::lmao::lmao: What an ODD thing to have stuck in your head!

Karen! Are you packed? Are you ready to go? Just a few more days, yes? So exciting! :dance3:

Lisa - thinking of you!

Goddesses!!!!!!! I had my hairs done for Disney! I LOVE it, so much fun! I'm ready now, so 3 days can fly!
Karenpink017.jpg

I love it Karen!!!!

one hour until Nate heads back to school for semester #2. Where does the time go?:upsidedow

Ugh. I underestimated the points value of a stupid granola bar and thus have used more points today than I wanted. :mad:

AND. The State of the Union address has interrupted my beloved Biggest Loser :mad: <sheesh> ;)

Ugh. I underestimated the points value of a stupid granola bar and thus have used more points today than I wanted. :mad:

AND. The State of the Union address has interrupted my beloved Biggest Loser :mad: <sheesh> ;)

Well come on up. :rotfl2:

When that happens I just turn it to the Canadian station and even the President can't infiltrate. :rotfl2:

Thanks, so far so good. He went in about 7 am and will be home tomorrow afternoon.

She said it went well.

Neville is lost. I keep telling him "he's coming" but somehow I don't think he's understanding. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter