Team Goddess - Volume 11. Rocking 2012 Goddess Style!

He leaves wet pawprints on the seat. No one else to blame ; )[/COLOR]

Ronda

No one else to blame. :rotfl2:

Checking in for day 2. I'm better prepared today, so I'm not ready to hurt anyone. :) Breakfast was 3coffee cups of coffee and an oatmeal with splenda.

Amiee - I would last two seconds on your food.

If not, I think the 2-hr drive might be a bit more than I would want to do alone.
:)

Ummmm, what speed does an almost 3 hour drive become a two? :rotfl2: ;);)

I know you have been making good progress with your running Karen, but STOP IT! Really. Stretch, advil, get rid of that inflammation. Running is only going to aggrevate it, and darn it sister you have a trip to Disney in a week!!!

:laughing: All 3 of mine do that. Drives Stephen nuts!

Wow, she's using her big whistle Karen. :lmao: Fine work Nancy. :thumbsup2

You can tell Stephen that no A/C in the summer is a much more annoying and nuts inducing habit. :laughing: I WILL NEVER get over that Nancy. :goodvibes

Hi Lisa!! :flower3:

Remember Paula is a cyclist and doesn't classify herself as a runner. :)

Sad you can't make it. :(

Also, I have two female cats. :laughing:

Taryn, we will be at the expo on Saturday so maybe we can meet up? Where are you staying for Princess weekend?

Taryn, we will be at the expo on Saturday so maybe we can meet up? Where are you staying for Princess weekend?

Hi Kat. American Idol was visiting the burgh last night. Did I just eff up the lingo?

That Paula. :3dglasses :laughing:

Speaking of which - where is she? :3dglasses Is Liz on holidays? So British of me.

Did you intently want female? Or it didn't matter? Now that I've dissed your loved ones. Laughing.

Today is Thursday. Which means weigh in day for me. And the results are:

down .8

Yes, thats ZERO point eight. <sigh> Just under a pound. The scale is ever so slowly inching downward. I don't WANT "inching". :headache: I want FREEFALL :upsidedow

I know, I know, Lisa. I know. :lovestruc

Oh. and I made brownies tonight. Yummy, chocolatey deliciousness in a pan. :cloud9: Yep. That's why I'm hiding in the other room :laughing: Honestly, my ears hear the calling of chocolate from miles away.:listen: I think I need to get me one of those wristbands with "WWEE" on it. You know - "what would Erin Eat" :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Oh did I mention that she's pregnant? Erin I mean. Great. The little fireball is multiplying :eek::rotfl2: Ah well, it will only be a couple of months before I can out-run her :rotfl2:

The little fireball is multiplying. :rotfl2: She'll probably shoot out the baby and do a plank. :lmao:

Now do you realize that in the past two days - you and Kat and someone else have been talking to me like I'm your angry judgmental mother ready to pounce. popcorn:: ;);)

EDIT Mother :rotfl2: forgot to say congratulations on the loss. :thumbsup2

EE - good heavens! How do they get so much protein in there? How was it? From time to time I attempt to get a bump of protein after my morning runs. I've made Greek yogurt smoothies, but it's still only 14g.

Lisa - yea change! I know exactly what you mean. Feeling the change trumps the scale every time. Happy for you.

I need to be reined in. I've gained, eh, six pounds since the marathon. I've gotten back on the treadmill and that helps suppress my appetite. Looking at myfitnesspall, it's about 4 pounds over where I was a year ago. That makes me smile. BIG smile.

Ronda

Nancy - Ronda just asked for the whistle. :rolleyes1

Thanks for getting THAT Ronda. Nothing like it. I bet it's even more spectacular in running.

Hi Kim!

Goal - blah! I'm 7lbs over at the minute (half a stone!!!) but I'm working on it. Slowly but surely!

Hope everyone is well! Me - well its Friday, work is done for the week and I'm about to veg out and watch NCIS. All good :lovestruc

I'm not missing facebook but boy am I missing your posts. :rotfl2:

Is blah your word for the week? :love: MCK I called you MKK earlier. Fun, I can make up some new words. Let me see.....

I'm keeping on your goal status missy. Only because I'm so proud and jealous of you. :3dglasses

Sh!t hit the fan with Cristina and the Scottish bloke (they've taken the damn man's manhood away - boo!) . I know I shouldn't tell you but it's just a teaser for you. I won't say any more.

My God I spent all night catching up and I can't remember if this is a double post. I lost it earlier and forgot to push "paste" - like you all care. I'm losing it. I need sleep. Badly.

He howled! They were glad to see him go.

Ronda

:goodvibes

Paula- :hug: glad you are trying to find some balance, it's hard! My PF is worse today after running, not sure if I should stop running for a bit or just push through the pain? :confused3 I was icing last night, that helped while sitting there, but walking...not so much.

Lisa! I'm so glad he's home! So, being the nosy petsitter that I am, will you tell me his symptoms? Urinary/bladder issue with no peeing? I'm sure they have tried special food and stuff, do you give him bottled water or tap? I had to get my kitties a fountain, it was the only way to get them to drink enough water. They love it though! I have no idea what your kitties issues are though, I'm no vet, I just like to play one. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry you won't be making it to The Princess Kat. :hug:

You're not nosy at all - I just can't type it all out. It's not death that scares me - it's a painful one.

His brother - same litter - died A VERY QUICK but SLOW :confused3 and GRUESOME death Karen. Extremely - acute kidney failure and the things I had - was told to do to that cat. One day the vet and I had a showdown over a morning off of force feeding (chosen compassionately by me) when it seemed like his insides were coming out for days on end - sounds dramatic but that's what it was like. Well I better stop. And he was such a happy, extremely active cat and went down so quickly and so ...sighing. Well, I think Frankie's issues are bad enough but I think it's bringing up something I've never quite got out of my head. Frankie is 14 in March. He and we have been VERY lucky.

I do want to get one of those fountains. We don't have one.

Thanks Karen. :lovestruc (Thanks everyone) He's home for now and not in pain right now. Yeah for that.

Hi Kim, I'm Jo

Lisa I have a dog. A rottie,

How old is he/she Jo?

Yeah - I am so not a runner. I can power walk with the best of them but I have no desire to become a runner. I am happiest in my bike working my way through a set of rollers or catching a great downhill. :goodvibes

Welcome Taryn

Lisa! Talk slower, I can't keep up with you! ;) Oh yes, BOY kitties! Since I'm a petsitter, I have lots of kitties I watch and the males are normally much more lovey. Too cute that you call them puppies! :lovestruc I'm so glad he's home and not in pain!

Welcome Taryn! THAT's an easy name to remember since it rhymes with Karen! :p

Nancy, I had you echoing in my head and didn't run yesterday as scheduled! Are you proud of me? The feet are better, if they continue to feel better I'm going to try running on Sunday. That way if it flares the PF right back up, at least I will have a week until we are actually IN a park and I'm having to walk tons.

Officially though we have 6 days until we leave!!! Last minute clients made me let go of some stress about having extra money and I'm so freaking-crazy-excited!

I'm off to edit, had that maternity shoot yesterday and have hundreds of shots to edit still! Have a nice day goddesses! :flower3:

Wait, it's 3am, maybe I should try to sleep a little more? Hmmmm

Hi Taryn!

On cats, males will have more bladder and urinary blockage problems. All mine have been male and they've not had problems, but it's something to plan for. Kind of like get a dachshund and start saving for his back surgery ; )

several said:
Why is it that some people find running to be an appetite suppresant, but the more I exercise the hungrier I am?

I don't know if it really suppresses it. I run first thing in the morning - before breakfast. It is as if it sets the tone for the day. I've made an investment and now it needs to be nurtured.

Paula - the reward of a downhill cannot be under appreciated! I've never tried rollers. I know rotation = stability, but they've always appeared precarious to me. Then again the elliptical at the gym feels dangerous.

We almost, almost did a 5k this morning. It's the Battle of the Bean 5K. Team Cocoa vs. Team Coffee. Runner's shirt is brown or browner. But it's 14 degrees. Granted there is no wind, but 14. I've done that temp before, but it's not fun. Did I mention the finisher's medal is on a mug? Great idea for a race. I hope they do it again next year. When I heard about it yesterday my first thought was to get a friend of ours to come do it with us. She's a SAHM and her husband abruptly quit his job this week. Their home is in turmoil. A leisurely jog would be good for her.

I need something to train for.

Ronda

Lisa! Talk slower, I can't keep up with you! ;)

:lmao::lmao:

I need something to train for.

That is exactly the same feeling I have after every major race that I train for! I get that post-event let down where I just flounder for a while, unfocused and aimless. Goal-less. Last year I did the duathlon (run-bike-run) in May, but it was more of a last minute choice to do that. I didn't train the way I would have liked.

This year I hope I've made a pre-emptive strike. I'm signed up to do a Warrior Dash in early June. Granted, it's a long time from the Feb. Princess to June, but it's a different kind of training that needs to be done. I need OBSTACLE training! So my workouts will shift to more of a bootcamp style. :thumbsup2

I'm with you on the 14* weather, Ronda. I really draw the line at 20* - and I'll only run in that weather if I warm up on the TM INSIDE first. My muscles just hate the cold and I really don't need to give them any more reasons to hurt :upsidedow

Did you intently want female? Or it didn't matter? Now that I've dissed your loved ones. Laughing.

The first one I wanted adult (over 1 yr), in a kill shelter, and declawed, and was not picky about size, color, or gender. I wound up with an all 4 paw declawed 2.5 yr old wee white female (now almost 11), whose favorite thing is to snuggle under my laptop and purr and get petted.

The 2nd, we figured would be easier with two of the same gender. She is a tiny calico (about 7.5 lbs) and is almost 4. Doesn't have even one mean bone in her tiny body. I've never heard her hiss, she's never bitten or even batted a paw except in play.

:laughing: :love:

Lisa! Talk slower, I can't keep up with you! ;) Oh yes, BOY kitties! Since I'm a petsitter, I have lots of kitties I watch and the males are normally much more lovey. Too cute that you call them puppies! :lovestruc I'm so glad he's home and not in pain!

It's so funny, I was reading that as my little cat had just jumped up on my chair and was rubbing all over my face and purring, and keeping me from typing with her love fit!

Kat, didn't mean to insult your girly kitties! I've met a lot of lovey girl kitties too, just a generalization! It's funny to me that people think cats aren't as affectionate as dogs, mine is, I think it's b/c cats are selectively affectionate a lot of the time and dogs will be affectionate with just about anyone or anything! :laughing:

Argh! That's my pirate grumpy voice there...PF still sore. Should I wait until it's totally gone or maybe try to run and stretch those muscles today?

5 days to Disney!!!! :woohoo: OMG, I'm so excited that I'm actually in denial. Can't believe it!

I ate veggie lasagna last night and homemade bread. Rationalization: I'm going to eat stuff my body isn't used to at Disney, so I should get my body USED TO IT! :rolleyes:

I should be a professional rationalizer. :lmao:

How's everyone this morning?!? :flower3:

Argh! That's my pirate grumpy voice there...PF still sore. Should I wait until it's totally gone or maybe try to run and stretch those muscles today?

:confused3 Do you want to be able to walk at Disney? Or do you want to spend your whole time on your feet, in the parks miserable? :confused3

:confused3 Do you want to be able to walk at Disney? Or do you want to spend your whole time on your feet, in the parks miserable? :confused3

Do you HAVE to be the voice of reason?!? ;) I do want to be able to walk in the parks, although I feel like my pants may be so tight by that point that I won't walk easily. :laughing:

I won't run this week, and maybe I won't gain too much if I eat sensibly until the trip! I eat more when I run anyway, makes me hungry.

My card:

Karen Orozco
Professional Personal Rationalization
If you need an excuse, I've got one for you!
:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter