• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Team Focker Watch, Part 12. Have we jumped the shark yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jo's Home!!

....just figured that out! :rolleyes: Guess she's asleep now...or maybe not...not sure which way the time thing would mess with you.

Jo??!! Are you awake Jo???

we'll see....let's call her and ask if she's still awake!:idea:

Go ahead TE, you call her...let us know what David says:eek::rotfl2:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Jimmy is bathed and in bed, the kitchen is cleaned, the floor mopped:thumbsup2 The potatoes, eggs and macaroni are cooked and in the fridge ready for me to make potato salad and macaroni salad. Now I am going to bed. I will probably check in at some point tomorrow, but I don't see you I hope everyone has a safe and Merry Christmas. :goodvibes:santa:

Hey all...remember me? I have been vaguely following along.
If I don't make it back on I really hope you all have a wonderful and happy holiday!!!! Much love to you all and your families!

Thanks, Kat, you too. Hope you feel better! :goodvibes

:rotfl:

BREAKING NEWS!!!!

I baked! :faint: :rotfl2: 8 dozen cookies, too. :cool1: I had bought the flour and sugar needed, but had about given up on it when D asked me what we were giving the mailman. So, I baked.

FYI, cookie dough on top of Chinese food is not necessarily a good idea. :scared1: :rotfl:

Trying to decide if anything else should be done tonight, or if I should just veg and relax. The Italian beef is going in the crock pot - it needs shredding early in the morning - I'll put it in a pan on the stovetop to warm it for the party, as I need the crock pot for the chicken & noodles to get going in the early a.m. We did decide to take the tennis class from 9-10:30. D was right, if I don't go, I wouldn't start much earlier than that anyway - I'd sit here and drink coffee and play on the computer, so it's just as well to get up and get going. :rolleyes: The kids are going to hang with my friends' kids at their house. :thumbsup2

Hope you all have a great evening. You know my cleaning style, so I'll likely be checking in tomorrow. ;)

Hi All!

Welcome back Jo!! :wave2: Sounds like you had a great trip. Sorry about the Aero package being returned.

Kat: loved the NYC pics :love:

Hi everyone else!!

Well just been working and finishing up my Christmas shopping. All that's left is to wrap presents. I'm off on Christmas Eve, but work Christmas :guilty:
So that means my brother and I are opening our presents tomorrow. Also, might go to Yani's for her family Christmas Eve party...we'll see.

:santa:So if I don't check in in time.....

disney-54.jpg

Good Early Morning!

I think I fell asleep too early. I woke up around 3AM and couldn't go back to sleep. I did another update on my TR and decided to drop in here.

KAT, I hope the head cold gets better and you have fun with your Christmas rounds. I loved the pics.

CE, you are certifiable! 8 doz cookies? ;)

TE, did you call her?

JO, did she call you? :lmao:

JANET, now I want potato salad.

Z, good luck with the wrapping.

No plans for today. Just have to cook the pepperoni bites. I'll probably mess around down here in the basement. Right now a cup of hot chocolate sounds good. I'll check back later.

The party was a huge success. The kids loved playing Christmas Bingo!
:thumbsup2

Well, they've had less snow than you so far... :rolleyes1 :rotfl2:
:lmao: Thank goodness!

I know one thing, I'd be a lot fatter than I already am 'cause you are all always eating somewhere fabulous or cooking something fabulous.
:rotfl2:

2 days ago Doug said he'd like to retire somewhere a little warmer. :confused: OK, first I have heard this one.

Mitch does that too! Really, I've known you this long and this is the first I'm hearing of it? Boys! :rotfl:

If I don't make it back on I really hope you all have a wonderful and happy holiday!!!! Much love to you all and your families!
You too and feel better! :goodvibes

Beautiful.

Love it! :goodvibes

I baked! :faint: :rotfl2: 8 dozen cookies, too.
Wow, you went all out! :thumbsup2

Well just been working and finishing up my Christmas shopping. All that's left is to wrap presents. I'm off on Christmas Eve, but work Christmas :guilty:
So that means my brother and I are opening our presents tomorrow. Also, might go to Yani's for her family Christmas Eve party...we'll see.
Merry Christmas to you all! :goodvibes

No family update because it would only be complaining, but am I crazy to think they should have done all their shopping before they got here and not need to be taken shopping Christmas Eve? :rolleyes:

BREAKING NEWS!!!!

I baked! :faint: :rotfl2: 8 dozen cookies, too.

8 Dozen:eek:

FYI, cookie dough on top of Chinese food is not necessarily a good idea. :scared1: :rotfl:

:sick:

:wave2:

JANET, now I want potato salad.

Come on over!:thumbsup2

No family update because it would only be complaining, but am I crazy to think they should have done all their shopping before they got here and not need to be taken shopping Christmas Eve? :rolleyes:

You're going shopping...today:scared1: :faint: Good luck:hug:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Jimmy woke up this morning at 7:10am and promptly told me that he had to go to bed early tonight:rotfl2:

Since I was up:rolleyes: I got started early on the stuff I had to to. Potato salad, macaroni salad, and spinach dip are made and in the fridge. Green Bean Casserole made and in the fridge ready to pop in the oven tomorrow. Everything dusted and hoovered. The dishwasher is running. All that is left to do is to start cooking, which I can't do until the dishwasher is done.

Hope everyone is having a lovely Christmas Eve. Will check in with you all later:goodvibes:santa:

So my family has been here 2 hours and they will be here 2 more weeks!
Good luck with that and wow your SIL sounds ummm interesting. And I love my internet friends too, I'm so pleased I've managed to meet most of them too :hug:

Good luck staying awake!
I went to bed at 9pm and was woken at 9am so had a good sleep :rotfl2: Glad the party was a success!

She'll probably go home in a half hour or so. But then, right after we worked out that she was coming over, the old babysitter called to see if she could bring over a present for the boys. :headache: I thought we probably weren't doing that this year, as we got by Sunday without it. So, I ran to the nearby grocery and picked up a gift card - they have a ton of stores - but I way outspent her because she used to bring something for each kid, but this time it was only one board game to share. Ah, well. I wouldn't have gotten quite what I did, but there were only two amount choices on the preprinted cards.
That was very nice of her!

Jo - that is just too bad about the parcel. Go figure it would end up with a newbie. I hope you were able to stay up long enough. Do you have a lot to do for Christmas?
Not too much but enough IYKWIM :rotfl2:

You too Kat and those cookies look yummy!

Jo's Home!!

....just figured that out! :rolleyes: Guess she's asleep now...or maybe not...not sure which way the time thing would mess with you.

Jo??!! Are you awake Jo???

we'll see....let's call her and ask if she's still awake!:idea:
:rotfl2: yes I am home and no I wasn't awake then :rotfl2:

Hey :rotfl2:

I baked! :faint: :rotfl2: 8 dozen cookies, too. :cool1: I had bought the flour and sugar needed, but had about given up on it when D asked me what we were giving the mailman. So, I baked.
OMG what type?

Have a fun time Z :hug:

JO, did she call you? :lmao:
No she didn't :rotfl2: hope you got back to sleep :hug:

Yikes!!!!!!!!!!!

Jimmy woke up this morning at 7:10am and promptly told me that he had to go to bed early tonight:rotfl2:
Awww so cute!!!

Well I had a lovely 12 hour sleep last night, I managed to stay up till 9pm and David woke me at 9am this morning, I wasn't happy :rotfl2: I've managed to do a ton more laundry today, dusted, hoovered, made a key lime tart and D cleaned the bathrooms :faint: we've lived here 4.5 years and he's never done them so it was about time :rotfl2:

Anyway off to eat my stir fry which D made and I'll check in again later :goodvibes

Wow, you went all out! :thumbsup2

Yes, and they're good! ;)

:scared1: Good luck!

Well, the tollhouse recipe makes supposedly 5 dozen, but I make bigger cookies than that. And since Buzz doesn't eat chocolate, I made a recipe for him, but with butterscotch chips. :thumbsup2 So that made 8 doz. I gave 6 to the mailman and 12 to my neighbor. :rolleyes1

Hope everyone is having a lovely Christmas Eve. Will check in with you all later:goodvibes:santa:

Wow, you've been productive! Have a great day! :goodvibes

Have a wonderful time, Z!

CE, you are certifiable! 8 doz cookies? ;)

::yes:: and I really don't bake. :rotfl:

Got up early, shredded the Italian beef and have stuck it in a casserole with a lid on my oven's "Slow Cooker" function - here's hoping it's working fine. Washed up the crock and started the chicken. Went to tennis, ran my rear end off, came back home. Made the potatoes for tomorrow and am now in a huge race to finish the cleaning. But, I've made a list and it's really not bad. I'm working a room at a time and thankfully it's all just wiping/vacuuming/swiping with mops or whatever - nothing that should really take too long once I get going.

D has run out to Target (let's hope he makes it out alive :rolleyes:) because the old portable DVD player that actually hooks up to a TV has died. The newer ones we actually use in the van now have no wall power source (just the power in the car thing) and no "TV out" function. He's decided he can get a $35 basic DVD player and then we're set with another if this comes up again. He seemed to not want to mess with disconnecting the main one or the one in our room, as they are both huge 5 disc changers, and are connected to receivers and so forth, making it too complicated. Whatever. It's his thing. :rotfl: He's also picking up ice and sand (we make paper bag luminarias for the street; they need sand for weight...)

I was frankly just as happy to get him out of my hair. :rotfl2:

Is it wrong to start drinking as I clean? :upsidedow

I don't know if I'll have time to get back today/tonight. If I don't, I wish you all the happiest of holidays with your families and friends. :grouphug: If I do make it back, well, I'll say it again.

OMG what type?

4 dozen each of chocolate chip and butterscotch chip. :thumbsup2

Well I had a lovely 12 hour sleep last night, I managed to stay up till 9pm and David woke me at 9am this morning, I wasn't happy :rotfl2: I've managed to do a ton more laundry today, dusted, hoovered, made a key lime tart and D cleaned the bathrooms :faint: we've lived here 4.5 years and he's never done them so it was about time :rotfl2:

Anyway off to eat my stir fry which D made and I'll check in again later :goodvibes

Sounds like a nice day so far! :goodvibes Does D want to come clean my bathrooms? ;)

OK, must go!

Well I had a lovely 12 hour sleep last night, I managed to stay up till 9pm and David woke me at 9am this morning, I wasn't happy :rotfl2:

Why did he wake you up:confused3

D cleaned the bathrooms :faint: we've lived here 4.5 years and he's never done them so it was about time :rotfl2:

Is that your Christmas present:lmao:

Have a good one!

Wow, you've been productive!

::yes::

Got up early, shredded the Italian beef and have stuck it in a casserole with a lid on my oven's "Slow Cooker" function - here's hoping it's working fine. Washed up the crock and started the chicken. Went to tennis, ran my rear end off, came back home. Made the potatoes for tomorrow and am now in a huge race to finish the cleaning. But, I've made a list and it's really not bad. I'm working a room at a time and thankfully it's all just wiping/vacuuming/swiping with mops or whatever - nothing that should really take too long once I get going.

You have been productive too!:thumbsup2

I was frankly just as happy to get him out of my hair.

:rotfl2:

Is it wrong to start drinking as I clean? :upsidedow

Nope:rolleyes1

I don't know if I'll have time to get back today/tonight. If I don't, I wish you all the happiest of holidays with your families and friends. :grouphug: If I do make it back, well, I'll say it again.

You too:hug:

Happy holidays, all!

You too Heather:santa:

:santa:Happy Holidays Everyone!:santa:

You too David:goodvibes

++++++++++++++++++++++

Since I last checked in, I have cleans and breaded the flounder and the scallops and cleaned the shrimp. I will start cooking in a few minutes. Jim took Jimmy and ran up to his mom's. They should be back shortly.

I;m sure I will check back in again:goodvibes

...Jo didn't answer her phone....:mad: :lmao:

Merry Christmas eve to all my friends---we've been chatting a long time on here!

I feel the need to repost my Christmas poem from last year cause I like traditions and I think it's pretty cool we are all still chatting and have become close friends. Many times during a stressful day, it helps to be able to connect with you all!

'Twas The Night Before Christmas
An Sort of Original Focker Poem by TE!

T'was the night before Christmas
And I just couldn’t sleep
Thoughts of old friends and new
Made me not get a peep

I went to the kitchen
in search of a bite.
If I filled up my stomach,
perhaps I'd sleep tight.

The cupboard was empty
the fridge, it was bare.
I searched in the crockpot
But no food anywhere!

I looked out the window:
Streets covered with snow;
It’s two in the morning
Could I still talk to Jo?

I spied my computer,
I’ll go bootup that.
Thanks to Rosie’s puter skills
I’ll have some Christmas Eve chat.

My puter came to life
without even a miss!
In the blink of an eye,
I’ll be able to DIS!

But-----where was my Janet?
And Where was my Mel?
Oh Lori, Kat, and Lessa,
And Jens—please do tell!

My threads were all opened
And I waited to chat
But the Fockers were silent
Can’t imagine that!

No Dawn, V, or T
Wow--that's just great…
Not even a Kristel
for a Focker update!

Maybe Z’s working late,
Or Rachel too!
No Angelas or Kervens
To say “Miss you too!”

Where are Slate and Mary?
I felt so alone.
Guess CE’s with her hubby….
So I can’t use the phone!

But wait! One more refresh!
Now what do I see?
There's someone else out there.
Wanting to talk to me!

In wonder---I read:
"Hey---it's 3:53.
Your friends are all sleeping;
that's where you should be".

"Turn off that 'puter.
Take your hand off that mouse.
I have a few things
to drop off at your house".

"You know I can't stop there
while you're still awake.
I have schedules to keep.
Come on----Give Me A Break!"

If you really are Santa
(that jolly, old elf)
there's only one present
I'd wish for myself.

The folks on my DIS list.
Those friends far and near.
You just gather them up
and bring them right here.

In just a few hours
I awoke with a start.
It was only a dream--I sighed
heavy of heart.

I walked down the stairs
and there 'round my tree,
were all of the people
I thought I'd never see.

We laughed and we {{{{{hugged}}}}}
and we just had a ball.
Hmmmmmm--maybe that wasn't
a dream after all.

So to all of my friends
I do say with great cheer
Merry Christmas my Fockers!
I wish you were here…..

...Merry Christmas to you all! :goodvibes

Oh Holy Rudolf Poo!

Jimmy woke up this morning at 7:10am and promptly told me that he had to go to bed early tonight.

Since I was up:rolleyes: I got started early on the stuff I had to to. Potato salad, macaroni salad, and spinach dip are made and in the fridge. Green Bean Casserole made and in the fridge ready to pop in the oven tomorrow. Everything dusted and hoovered. The dishwasher is running. All that is left to do is to start cooking, which I can't do until the dishwasher is done.

Hope everyone is having a lovely Christmas Eve. Will check in with you all later.
You win!

Well I had a lovely 12 hour sleep last night, I managed to stay up till 9pm and David woke me at 9am this morning, I wasn't happy. I've managed to do a ton more laundry today, dusted, hoovered, made a key lime tart and D cleaned the bathrooms :faint: we've lived here 4.5 years and he's never done them so it was about time.

Anyway off to eat my stir fry which D made and I'll check in again later
Well evidently you needed the rest. I just hope you can sleep tonight.

D has run out to Target (let's hope he makes it out alive :rolleyes:) because the old portable DVD player that actually hooks up to a TV has died. The newer ones we actually use in the van now have no wall power source (just the power in the car thing) and no "TV out" function. He's decided he can get a $35 basic DVD player and then we're set with another if this comes up again. He seemed to not want to mess with disconnecting the main one or the one in our room, as they are both huge 5 disc changers, and are connected to receivers and so forth, making it too complicated. Whatever. It's his thing. :rotfl: He's also picking up ice and sand (we make paper bag luminarias for the street; they need sand for weight...)

I was frankly just as happy to get him out of my hair.

Is it wrong to start drinking as I clean?

Too funny about D gettin' out of your hair! Doug just left for town to get some automobile stuff. Whatever.

Happy holidays, all!

:santa:Happy Holidays Everyone!:santa:

Same to you 2 as well.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Pepperoni bites are done. My curtains are hung. I've been watching Star Wars again. Time for a break and then some dusting.

icycles.jpg

You have been productive too!:thumbsup2
Thank you! Now I'm two rooms further down my list, too! :thumbsup2

I decided against it as I'm still not sure we bought enough wine for tonight AND tomorrow. I'd best save it! Maybe I'll pop open a beer, though! :idea:

I feel the need to repost my Christmas poem from last year cause I like traditions and I think it's pretty cool we are all still chatting and have become close friends. Many times during a stressful day, it helps to be able to connect with you all!

Love it! :goodvibes

Too funny about D gettin' out of your hair! Doug just left for town to get some automobile stuff. Whatever.

::yes::

Hi, Heather & David! Happy Holidays to you, as well! :goodvibes

"Formal" living room and dining room are completely crossed off. D has returned with a working DVD player for something like $35. :thumbsup2 Kids are joining Kristel with Star Wars. :rotfl: I need to do the family room next, though, so they'll be ticked when I turn the vacuum on. :rolleyes:

OK... Moving on! :cheer2:

Oh Holy Rudolf Poo!

You win!

Well evidently you needed the rest. I just hope you can sleep tonight.

Same to you 2 as well.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Pepperoni bites are done. My curtains are hung. I've been watching Star Wars again. Time for a break and then some dusting.

icycles.jpg
OK, this made me snort.

Happy Christmas Eve, Fockers! :goodvibes

I see everyone's just as busy as I am! Thanks for the updates Kristel!:thumbsup2

TE, loved the Focker poem! I completely forgot about it, but I'm so glad you reposted that. :cloud9:

Anyway... I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas Eve & a very Merry Christmas! :santa: :hug:

PS. Please forgive me, but my Christmas cards are now New Years cards. :teeth:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter