• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Team Focker Watch, Part 12. Have we jumped the shark yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, I'm here again!

I just moved load #4 of laundry and baked some meringue cookies for myself.

Janet I get Jimmy completely on the Kraft. It is hard to beat and so easy to make. I ate a lot of it when I was in college. Tell Jimmy it's been around a long, long time!:rotfl2:

My SIL makes the mac & cheese for Christmas. She uses Velveeta all the way through. It is awesome!

I'm impressed with your crafty-ness today! I'm sure they are all beautiful. :thumbsup2

V, I like Stouffe'rs mac & cheese too. As the matter of fact, I'll eat anything that is Stouffer's.

I do need to get caught up on the TRs. Plus I have to start making the bed now that I have that part laundered.

Hey Janet, I might be back for a 3rd time before the day is over!:scared1:

Please. Do you know me Janet? :rotfl2: :hug: Nope, we're all about teh Stouffer's. ;)

Jimmy won't even eat that:confused3

Nah. Without an outside grill, any fish cooked in my house makes the house stink for days, so I avoid fish at home.

Gotcha:thumbsup2

Oh no :lmao: I'm sorry Janet :hug:

::yes:::sad2: Had 4 people not paticipate in the Christmas lunch/pollyanna becasue they weren't "asked" to help set it up. Um the peopel who set it up just sort of took the reigns when no one else stepped up to the plate:confused3

... 1 hour later - I never hit Submit?! Ooops. :flower3:

I've done that before:lmao:

Yep, I'm here again!

:woohoo:

Janet I get Jimmy completely on the Kraft. It is hard to beat and so easy to make. I ate a lot of it when I was in college. Tell Jimmy it's been around a long, long time!:rotfl2:

I hate telling him that things were around when I was a kid becaue then he says boy that's really old:mad:

My SIL makes the mac & cheese for Christmas. She uses Velveeta all the way through. It is awesome!

Not sure what kind of cheese my BIL uses. Should probably ask him. That may be why Jimmy won't eat it

I'm impressed with your crafty-ness today! I'm sure they are all beautiful. :thumbsup2

DOn't be. I gave up and found another site that I liked to do it for me:rotfl:

Hey Janet, I might be back for a 3rd time before the day is over!:scared1:

:yay:

+++++++++++++++++++++

So the day was completely wasted. I was going to make the Christmas Cards, but after almost 3 hours I gave up. I found another site that I like better than the 1st one I found. Much nicer and quicker.

I have gotten 3 loads of laundry done, so I did get that accomplished. I have 2 left, I think:confused: I keep telling Jim I wasnt to gut the powder room on the 1st floor and turn it into the laundry room, he aint' going for it:sad2:

BBL:flower3:

I'm making ham... Old stand by. What do you usually make?

we usually have ham and turkey---the problem is that we have it 3 families in a row...so it gets old real fast!

Someone was having crown rib--can't remember who here!--but I mentioned that to daran and he like the beef idea! Gonna look for that or beef tenderloin!

T--don't think a Mexican food Christmas would go over too good--too many of my relatives on Nexium!

V--how do you make the roasted root veggies---they would probably like that.

It's super easy! Cut them up into chunks, maybe an inch or 1/2 inch big, and spread them out on a cookie sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with a little sea salt (I like kosher salt, too - anything chunky). Bake until tender-ish; I'm wanting to say maybe 350* for 30-ish minutes? I'll double-check that part tonight and get back to you. :thumbsup2

It's super easy! Cut them up into chunks, maybe an inch or 1/2 inch big, and spread them out on a cookie sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with a little sea salt (I like kosher salt, too - anything chunky). Bake until tender-ish; I'm wanting to say maybe 350* for 30-ish minutes? I'll double-check that part tonight and get back to you. :thumbsup2
I can do that! Thanks!

I'm on the food network site--found a chocolate trifle that looks good!

Well I think it is official, TGIF’s is only good for drinks and appetizers says the Fockers! I’m glad it wasn’t just me.
I'll join the consensus on the mediocrity of TGIF beyond the drinks and apps.
::yes::

Love this idea:thumbsup2
Hi David :wave: HAve a good day. Is today your last?
It's the last day I intend to be in the office physically. I'll be there virtually at least a few times wearing my bookkeeper hat to get end of year books to the accountant.

Good luck! :goodvibes
Thanks CE! No real chance of total freedom. But, I can try to limit the virtual appearances to a minimum.

Yep,

V, I like Stouffe'rs mac & cheese too. As the matter of fact, I'll eat anything that is Stouffer's.
Actually, at this point my kids are so acclimated to the Kraft that they won't eat the real stuff. :confused3

--------------------
Anyway, I gave up trying to be productive. I got some admin done and some real work done, but I got tired of sitting in an empty office. My partners both left early, so I took off around 4pm.

Time to catch up with stuff around the house...:faint:

So the day was completely wasted. I was going to make the Christmas Cards, but after almost 3 hours I gave up. I found another site that I like better than the 1st one I found. Much nicer and quicker.

I have gotten 3 loads of laundry done, so I did get that accomplished. I have 2 left, I think:confused: I keep telling Jim I wasnt to gut the powder room on the 1st floor and turn it into the laundry room, he aint' going for it:sad2:

BBL:flower3:

Jimmy is too cute! My last load of laundry is in the washer right now. The bed is made and the rest of the laundry has been put away. :thumbsup2

we usually have ham and turkey---the problem is that we have it 3 families in a row...so it gets old real fast!

Someone was having crown rib--can't remember who here!--but I mentioned that to daran and he like the beef idea! Gonna look for that or beef tenderloin!

T--don't think a Mexican food Christmas would go over too good--too many of my relatives on Nexium!

I love it when someone does something different. We used to do a Christmas breakfast at my bros. That was nice. Rockie and her family did sandwiches and snacks.

I do an oven thing with zucchini that might not be too bad if someone wants something different. I cut 3 small zucchinis into spears and half them so they are about 4" long. Lightly oil or spray a 13X9" pan and spread them out in one layer. Poor about a 1/4-1/2 C of cream or milk over it and sprinkle lots of shredded Parmesan cheese on top. Just bake it uncovered for 40 minutes or until tender enough for you. It's very good and easy.

Chef Doug is throwing together his chili. I hear him cutting the onions as I type. I'm sure he will yell for me in about 10 minutes when he finds out he cooked up too much hamburger and it all won't fit in the crock pot! :rotfl2:

I think I have caught up on a third of the TRs over here. I need to go write an update for mine.

I just made a cookie pan on beef enchiladas. Ode to T. I'm hoping my family likes them, as they are putzier than heck to make.

I have laundry up the wazoo to do and I want to make cookie cutouts with the kids tomorrow, after we wrap daddy's pressies!

CE- I'd love that pad Thai recipe!

V- the verdict is still out on thus app. I can say that the ease of the dis is way way better than going through safari. To me that's with the $6 . I miss chatting with you all and am rarely at a desktop.

ACK. NExt year if I volunteer to do something crafty for Jimmy's class please hit me upside the head--thanks:goodvibes

The freaking Bingo cards are FINALLY done. I also printed up some Christmas activity sheets for the kids.

Now I have to sew Jimmy's stuffed dog back together (or at least try) because the real dog decided it would make a good snack:headache:

Have a good night all!:goodvibes

Evening all !! Haven'thad much time lately !!! Work hasben a mad house !! I was sworn at again today, bu that is getting to be sooo old barely pay atention any more !:rotfl:Then my litlte sweetie fell and cut her head! I couldn't believethe RN didn't send her to the ER!!Not that I wanted to go but they normally send them out for a hangnail!!!:lmao:
The EX was over with the Christmas loot for the kids and Judy !!He was actually pretty nice this time , last time we saw him was August and he was pleasat then too !!:confused3

Christmas plans at our house are Breakfast Hotpockets and muffins !! For dinner we are going to my nieces ,not sure what'son the menu but we are bringing, Hashbrown casserole, relish tray and a mincemeat pie with sherry in it !! It's the first time I have gone for a Holiday meal with my SIL and family since the divorce , but Judy and herhave been insisting!! So we wont have to cook at home much this year:worship::banana:

ACK. NExt year if I volunteer to do something crafty for Jimmy's class please hit me upside the head

Consider it done....:lmao:

The freaking Bingo cards are FINALLY done. I also printed up some Christmas activity sheets for the kids.

Now I have to sew Jimmy's stuffed dog back together (or at least try) because the real dog decided it would make a good snack:headache:

Have a good night all!:goodvibes

Ah! I was wondering why you had the machine out,...remember I bought myself one several months ago...it's been out once....took 20 minutes to thread the +@%* thing then I sewed a semi straight line on BA's cheer skirt.....

Consider it done....:lmao:

Ah! I was wondering why you had the machine out,...remember I bought myself one several months ago...it's been out once....took 20 minutes to thread the +@%* thing then I sewed a semi straight line on BA's cheer skirt.....

I didn't use the machine. The way it was torn, I couldn't:sad2:

++++++++++++++

Good Morning all! Jo, where are you?;)

Another busy day. Having something toeat real fast, then heading to the grocery store for the last few things I need. Then I will come home and get some of the stuff I didn't get done yesterday because of the *()^*&) Bingo cards. I have to be at school at 12:30 for the Christmas party. That is supposed to go from 1:00 - 2:30 and school let's out at 3:00. I will probably sign Jimmy out early since they won't do anything for that last 1/2 hour. Then I will come home and do more cleaning, etc.

Hope everyone has a good day:goodvibes

Christmas Eve - Feast of the 7 fishes (except I only make 5;)) Crab legs, lobster ravioli, scallops, Shrimp and flounder.

Xmas Eve is take out from our local Italian place: eggplant parm, antipasto, manicotti and cannoli.
I want to eat with both of you! :thumbsup2

Good Morning all! Jo, where are you?;)
Saw her and Michelle yesterday at GF, and her flight got in at 3am our time, 8am her time.

My family will be here about noon and we'll sit and look at each other for 2 weeks. :rolleyes:

V, I saw this in a magazine and since Orlando isn't one of the cities, I'll use Tampa. http://www.tampabayonthecheap.com/

I will probably sign Jimmy out early since they won't do anything for that last 1/2 hour. Then I will come home and do more cleaning, etc.

My kids will never come home with me. They insist on the bus. :lmao:

The concert last night was nice. I lost my tennis match, but played close. Oh, well. Sigh.

Today I have the haircut at 10:00, then my big grocery trip and clean, clean, clean! The kids had their parties yesterday at school - today is "Read All Day" day. ;)

I'm hoping for a good productive day here. :thumbsup2

I want to eat with both of you! :thumbsup2

Come on up...I think the airport is re-opened!

Saw her and Michelle yesterday at GF, and her flight got in at 3am our time, 8am her time.

So she should have had enough sleep now;):lmao:

My kids will never come home with me. They insist on the bus. :lmao:

I'm not sure what I am doing. It all depends on if he wants to go to after school care or not. He has gotten mad a couple of times I picked him up and he didn't get to go:sad2:

CE said:
The concert last night was nice.

What concert?:confused:

CE said:
I lost my tennis matchI lost my tennis match, but played close. Oh, well. Sigh.

:hug:

CE said:
I lost my tennis matchToday I have the haircut at 10:00, then my big grocery trip and clean, clean, clean! The kids had their parties yesterday at school - today is "Read All Day" day. ;)

At school? That's really called, lets make sure we get all our days in and have the kids waste a day just sitting around;)

What concert?:confused:

School holiday concert - not to be confused with the second grade "Holidays around the World" assembly we attended Friday afternoon. :rolleyes:

At school? That's really called, lets make sure we get all our days in and have the kids waste a day just sitting around;)

Well, that's probably true, but I give all the kudos I can to the teachers this week. My kids are completely nuts - dealing with 18 more of them at a time, all day... :rotfl: I think they just are recognizing that nothing much is getting done today. ;) Does Jim have this issue, or are the kids old enough that they can settle down some this week?

Last day of work for a few days! :cool1:

Then I gotta check my list twice and head to grocery store to begin the Christmas eve feast at my moms.

just wish I felt better---can't get over this crud. But I am sleeping better with this high powered cough syrup so that's good!

V- the verdict is still out on thus app. I can say that the ease of the dis is way way better than going through safari. To me that's with the $6 . I miss chatting with you all and am rarely at a desktop.
LOL, I agree... bought it this morning and it's sooooo much easier to DIS via iPhone! :thumbsup2

Yay! Hope you guys had fun! :goodvibes
V, I saw this in a magazine and since Orlando isn't one of the cities, I'll use Tampa. http://www.tampabayonthecheap.com/
What a strange site - I can't believe how little they have listed, considering how MUCH there is to do for free here! I'll have to work on that. ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
LAST DAY, LAST DAY, LAST DAY!!! :woohoo:

Not like I'm taking a real vacation, but I'll take what I can get. I'm outta here at noon and then it'll be time to r e l a x. :cloud9:

School holiday concert - not to be confused with the second grade "Holidays around the World" assembly we attended Friday afternoon.

:laughing:

Well, that's probably true, but I give all the kudos I can to the teachers this week. My kids are completely nuts - dealing with 18 more of them at a time, all day... :rotfl: I think they just are recognizing that nothing much is getting done today. ;) Does Jim have this issue, or are the kids old enough that they can settle down some this week?

Nope they are just as, if not more so off the wall. They are having a social today (re: party). Jim does the quiet room (the kids that can't go becasue of too many demerits, etc) and has 48 kids in there today.:scared1:

Last day of work for a few days! :cool1:

:yay:

just wish I felt better---can't get over this crud. But I am sleeping better with this high powered cough syrup so that's good!

Feel better TE, more sleep will help you kick it!

LAST DAY, LAST DAY, LAST DAY!!! :woohoo:

:banana:

Not like I'm taking a real vacation, but I'll take what I can get. I'm outta here at noon and then it'll be time to r e l a x. :cloud9:

Just the fact that you don't have to get up and get ready for work is a good thing:thumbsup2
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Back from the gorcery store, which was surprisingly empty. They were having an awesome sale on their seafood, so I will (for the 1st time in years) having 7 fishes tomorrow night. I got scallops, flounder, lobster tails, shrimp, crab cakes, lobster ravioli and crab legs. Can't wait!:woohoo:

Now to clean the kitchen or the living room/dining room?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter