Team Focker Watch, Part 12. Have we jumped the shark yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's BRRRRRRRR cold down here in FL; 47 this morning! :faint:
I know! :rolleyes:

12/28 dinner at Artist Palette at SSR and park time depending on when we arrive
12/29 AK & Tusker House lunch before heading on to Del Rey

1/2 - arrive at Epcot from Del Rey w/late lunch at Rose & Crown
1/3 - MK or HS in AM - b-day dinner at Kouzzina - MK or Epcot afterwards
1/4 - character breakfast @ Cape May and then hit the drive home
We've never been to AP although it's on my list along with Kouzzina. R & C is always good. :thumbsup2

Demonstrating that even when I throw together a trip at the last minute, I still have to plan...:rolleyes:
:rotfl:

That entire June 5 weekend will be kind of crazy for us. We have DD12's bat mitzvah going on with the associated shindig and family gathering. Can you say logistical nightmare?:scared:
Congrats to DD. :banana:

I'm going to dinner with my babysitter/second mom tonight and that'll be my pick. ;)
Have fun. :goodvibes

Not much going on here. We had a quiet weekend since Maddie was vomiting on Saturday. She' better now, but doesn't feel like eating much.
:hug:

We made more AG dolls clothes to keep us busy. She loves them and I have fun (when I'm not getting frustrated! ;))
You never mentioned this talent. :rolleyes1

I've already explained to them that Santa is giving more gifts to kids whose parents need more help this year. We'll see how they respond. :goodvibes
I read a thread about a lady wanting to cancel Christmas because her teenage children were so terrible. Sounds like you're making sure that doesn't happen to your kids. :goodvibes

I met Doug at TGIF's on Saturday evening. We had a free appy card from our last visit due to Doug's steak being overdone a bit. We love the fried green beans and unfortunately that's all I can rave about. It wasn't bad, but it is just not as good as in the past.
I thought that too and I really wanted to enjoy my meal. Although the pomegranate margaritas were :thumbsup2

Enjoying the Christmas cards!! And I'm gonna do mine...soon....I really am!
I have officially decided you're all getting Valentine's. :lovestruc

Back from the doctors again---still with this cough--I got super cough medicine and new asthma medicine (Symbicort). BA had cheer practice from 10-2 and since my driveway is too slick/steep, I had to kill time running around till she got out.
Feel better soon. :hug:

This is what my BIL is fixing for Christmas dinner, for 10 people. :eek: Really? We need all this? I'm sure it will be good however.

[FONT=&quot]standing rib roast[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]breast of turkey[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]regular stuffing[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]oyster Stuffing[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Angela's green beans[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]corn[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]mashed potatoes [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]gravy[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Emily's orange/cranberry sauce[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]salad[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]apple pie al a mode[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]French bread[/FONT]

WHITE CHOCOLATE CHEX MIX

3 c. Rice Chex
3 c. Corn Chex
3 c. Cheerios
3 c. pretzels
2 c. mixed nuts
12 oz. M & M's
1 lb. white chocolate

Melt chocolate. Mix with Chex, Cheerios, pretzels and nuts. Continue to mix and break up until white chocolate is completely dry. Add M & M's. Enjoy.

I also made this since I had plenty of Chex left over. My cooking skills are getting a workout today. :lmao:

Chex® Barbecue Snack Mix

3cups Rice Chex® cereal
3cups Corn Chex® cereal
1 1/2cups bite-size pretzel twists
1 1/2cups bite-size cheese crackers
3/4cup honey-roasted peanuts
1/2cup barbecue sauce
1tablespoon vegetable oil
3/4teaspoon onion powder
3/4teaspoon garlic powder

1.In large microwavable bowl, mix cereals, pretzels, crackers and peanuts.
2.In medium bowl, mix remaining ingredients until well blended. Pour over cereal mixture, stirring until evenly coated.
3.Microwave uncovered on High 7 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes. Spread on foil or paper towels to cool, about 15 minutes. Store in airtight container.

Hi everyone! I got the e ticket thing for my phone, so I can check in more often!

I hope everyones Holidays are going well!

Wow Janet... that's a lot of snow! :eek: Jimmy looks like he's enjoying it, though! :thumbsup2

He was so tired today it was a good thng school was cancelled. He just chilled out and played Transformers and watched TV.

She' better now, but doesn't feel like eating much.

Glad she is feeling better!

We'll see how they respond. :goodvibes

That's a great idea!:goodvibes

Hello Fockers!!!!!!

Hi Kristel and thanks for the postcard...Jimmy loved it:thumbsup2

Post Partum Disney, I guess

:hug:.

We love the fried green beans and unfortunately that's all I can rave about. It wasn't bad, but it is just not as good as in the past.

We have been avoiding Friday's becasue it hasn't been that good the last few times we went

(BTW, hey Janet, see my ticker, I guess I lied when I posted that I wouldn't be going back to WDW this next year.)

:thumbsup2 Is Doug going with you?

:thumbsup2

Tomorrow's going to be slightly crazed.

Just a little!:rolleyes1

IWHITE CHOCOLATE CHEX MIX

3 c. Rice Chex
3 c. Corn Chex
3 c. Cheerios
3 c. pretzels
2 c. mixed nuts
12 oz. M & M's
1 lb. white chocolate

Melt chocolate. Mix with Chex, Cheerios, pretzels and nuts. Continue to mix and break up until white chocolate is completely dry. Add M & M's. Enjoy.

I also made this since I had plenty of Chex left over. My cooking skills are getting a workout today. :lmao:

Chex® Barbecue Snack Mix

3cups Rice Chex® cereal
3cups Corn Chex® cereal
1 1/2cups bite-size pretzel twists
1 1/2cups bite-size cheese crackers
3/4cup honey-roasted peanuts
1/2cup barbecue sauce
1tablespoon vegetable oil
3/4teaspoon onion powder
3/4teaspoon garlic powder

1.In large microwavable bowl, mix cereals, pretzels, crackers and peanuts.
2.In medium bowl, mix remaining ingredients until well blended. Pour over cereal mixture, stirring until evenly coated.
3.Microwave uncovered on High 7 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes. Spread on foil or paper towels to cool, about 15 minutes. Store in airtight container.

Thanks ANgela. We are having a little get together on NEw Years Day and these will both be perfect for that!

Hi everyone! I got the e ticket thing for my phone, so I can check in more often!

Well good!:goodvibes

==========================

I am officially on vacation until next Monday:cool1: Tomorrow is Jimmy's class trip. I am, as of now, not going but they may call me if one of the aides can't go as a chaperone. If I don't go I am ging to get my Christmas cleaning done:thumbsup2

Hope everyone is having a good night!:goodvibes

Hi, Jen!

I am officially on vacation until next Monday:cool1: Tomorrow is Jimmy's class trip. I am, as of now, not going but they may call me if one of the aides can't go as a chaperone. If I don't go I am ging to get my Christmas cleaning done:thumbsup2

I hope you get to do whichever you want. ;)

What's everyone making for Christmas?? I'm tired of the same old stuff---and neither mom nor I are great cooks....

recipes/ideas???

I love this eticket! I can follow along much better. I just need to figure out how to bookmark this thread, so I can find you better.

Janet- how's the snow?

TEminnie said:
What's everyone making for Christmas?? I'm tired of the same old stuff---and neither mom nor I are great cooks....

recipes/ideas???

I'm making ham... Old stand by. What do you usually make?

Happy Holidays, Fockers!!!!!
WDW09199.jpg
:rotfl2: I love it! Merry Christmas, Kristel! :goodvibes
Uh... yeah, me too! ;)

Hope you feel better soon!

I got home and chilled for a few, then my friend called. Then the doorbell rang, and it was the little girl who had the pottery party for her b-day last weekend, with our pottery. Still on the phone, the bus comes, the dog escapes, and then the UPS guy comes, needing a signature. :rotfl2: It was a crazy couple of minutes (btw, it is so cold, the dog came right back in on his own... :thumbsup2)
I'm sorry, but the mental picture of all this going on just makes me :rotfl:

You never mentioned this talent. :rolleyes1
Yeah, it's not really a talent. I'm too cheap to pay $25 for a flippin' doll outfit. :lmao:

I read a thread about a lady wanting to cancel Christmas because her teenage children were so terrible. Sounds like you're making sure that doesn't happen to your kids.
Thanks, I honestly am trying to teach them about being grateful and appreciative. :thumbsup2
This is what my BIL is fixing for Christmas dinner, for 10 people. :eek: Really? We need all this? I'm sure it will be good however.

[FONT=&quot]standing rib roast[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]breast of turkey[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]regular stuffing[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]oyster Stuffing[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Angela's green beans[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]corn[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]mashed potatoes [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]gravy[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Emily's orange/cranberry sauce[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]salad[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]apple pie al a mode[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]French bread[/FONT]
WHOA! But it sounds delish! :teeth:

Hi Jen!

Hope everyone is having a good night!:goodvibes
Yay on vacation! Have fun tomorrow! :goodvibes

recipes/ideas???
On Christmas Eve, my entire family (my 3 brothers and their wives/kids) gets together at my house for a traditional Mexican meal.... tamales, chiles rellenos, etc. We usually open family gifts that night.
Then on Christmas day we do our Santa and Mom & Dad gifts and I make a nice meal for the 6 of us. This year I'm making a filet mignon roast with a red wine shallot sauce, scalloped potato, and asparagus.

Quiet day today. We slept in and then I took Mads to the dentist around 1pm. I made dinner and had intentions of baking, but I changed my mind. We have nothing going on tomorrow, so we can start then. :rolleyes:

Have a good night, all! :flower3:

recipes/ideas???

Well, this year we're doing the full turkey dinner again. My friend, as you may remember, wasn't with us for Thanksgiving at her house, and she is craving the meal - she said her hotel turkey didn't really cut it at Thanksgiving.

But, normally we don't go that far. We've done roast chicken before (I have a pretty easy recipe if you want) or even just crock pot meals, like the Italian beef or a Thai chicken thing she does. Good luck!

I'm sorry, but the mental picture of all this going on just makes me :rotfl:

That's OK. ;) It was pretty funny.

This year I'm making a filet mignon roast with a red wine shallot sauce, scalloped potato, and asparagus.

Well, now, that sounds lovely.

I think I'm doing Italian beef and the chicken and noodles for the Christmas Eve party. I'll probably cook the beef overnight tomorrow, then just warm it on the stove Thursday, so that my crock pot is free for the chicken on Thursday. :thumbsup2

Have a good night, all! :flower3:

You, too! :hug:

recipes/ideas???

Christmas Eve - Feast of the 7 fishes (except I only make 5;)) Crab legs, lobster ravioli, scallops, Shrimp and flounder. I am also making manicotti and meatballs for the heathen non-fish eating husband:rolleyes:

Christmas Day - Traditional Ham

Janet- how's the snow?

Still here:sad2:

On Christmas Eve, my entire family (my 3 brothers and their wives/kids) gets together at my house for a traditional Mexican meal.... tamales, chiles rellenos, etc. We usually open family gifts that night.
Then on Christmas day we do our Santa and Mom & Dad gifts and I make a nice meal for the 6 of us. This year I'm making a filet mignon roast with a red wine shallot sauce, scalloped potato, and asparagus.

YUM! both sound great.:goodvibes

Thai chicken thing she does.

Is this a crockpot thing? Do you have the recipe?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Good morning all. Just kind of hanging around waiting to see if the school calls and tells me they need me. I figure they are supposed to leave for the trip at 9:30, so if I figure if I don't hear from them by 9:00 I can start my cleaning, etc. Like CE, I have been trying to be better with the clutter, etc so it is really just straightening and dusting and hoovering.

Have a good day all:goodvibes

Is this a crockpot thing? Do you have the recipe?

Yes, but no. I can try to get it! It involves peanuts and noodles and is quite yummy - it's a pad thai kind of deal, I guess.

Good morning all. Just kind of hanging around waiting to see if the school calls and tells me they need me. I figure they are supposed to leave for the trip at 9:30, so if I figure if I don't hear from them by 9:00 I can start my cleaning, etc. Like CE, I have been trying to be better with the clutter, etc so it is really just straightening and dusting and hoovering.

Good for you! I'm finding this is so much easier - yay, us! :rotfl: I hope to get some more done this morning before going to my tennis match. :thumbsup2 Of course, I got the steamer out Sunday and went to town on the bathroom downstairs (it's a full bath, but is then also the only bath downstairs, so it serves as the powder room, too) and that's totally undone already. Boys. :rolleyes: So, I'm not touching it again until Thursday afternoon. :lmao:

I need to do my big grocery trip, but that's looking like tomorrow. The only activity I have is my haircut, so I can go after that, and still have plenty of cleaning/cooking time. :thumbsup2 Today is just too crazy - if I have to spend over an hour in the store, and then putting it all away and so forth... Not happening today.

I've got some laundry in, and successfully packed party items and "Jolly Gesture" snacks for the kids, so I'm feeling productive already this morning. :rotfl2:

Have a good one! I leave for the tennis match at about 11:30, so I may be back before then, but after that, it's all running like mad. ;) Happy Tuesday! :grouphug:

Yes, but no. I can try to get it! It involves peanuts and noodles and is quite yummy - it's a pad thai kind of deal, I guess.
Sounds good and I am always looking for something different!:thumbsup2

Good for you! I'm finding this is so much easier - yay, us! :rotfl:

:cheer2::cheer2:

I've got some laundry in, and successfully packed party items and "Jolly Gesture" snacks for the kids, so I'm feeling productive already this morning. :rotfl2:

Jolly Gesture snacks:confused3

++++++++++++++++++++++=

No call from the school so I am guessing I'm not needed. I am printing up Christmas Bingo Cards for the class party tomorrow. I found a free site:thumbsup2 I think the kitchen will be next!

Jolly Gesture snacks:confused3

Instead of a gift exchange for the classes, they got what I'd call a Secret Santa, but they call it "Jolly Gesture" week. They all filled out forms about their favorite color, activity, and snack, and put them in a hat and drew one. Then, throughout the last week or so, they've made cards, filled out a "clue" sheet for guessing your buddy, decorated snack bags, and then today were to bring in a snack for their buddy, and it will get revealed.

Buzz's guy said his favorite snack was cool ranch Doritos - very easy. But Woody's guy mentioned pizza as his favorite snack. :confused: That was a bit tougher to pack up for school. :rotfl: I bought some frozen pizza roll things, baked 'em up this morning, and put them in a thermos. :confused3 But then I had to write a note to the teacher for help in getting the thermos back. :rotfl:

OK, really off to do stuff now. :thumbsup2

Good morning all and happy Tuesday! :wave:

Just dropping in for a quick read and "Hi y'all!" I overslept this morning with the kids already on break and no alarm set. I barely got to the office in time for a meeting with a potential new client.

Anyway I need to hit it today so that I can do my best to ignore the office completely for the next week and a half or so...:santa:

TTFN!
David

Is it worth the cost Jen? I haven't gotten it yet because I don't need all the other DIS stuff, just the threads.

recipes/ideas???
No cooks here, either - we're getting a Honey Baked Ham (Leo's choice) and will have roasted root vegetables (turnips, parsnips, sweet potatoes and beets - diced, drizzled and roasted... yum!), mac & cheese and a salad as sides. Chocolate pie for dessert (thank you Publix!)

Xmas Eve is take out from our local Italian place: eggplant parm, antipasto, manicotti and cannoli.

On Christmas Eve, my entire family (my 3 brothers and their wives/kids) gets together at my house for a traditional Mexican meal.... tamales, chiles rellenos, etc.
I want to come to YOUR house! :love:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Morning! Well, it wouldn't be a holiday/vacation without some last-minute office drama. I'm so over it, it's ridiculous. :mad:

Other than that, we're just rolling along. Leo's with Gramma again today; I'm finishing some projects at work. Yawn.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ETA: Hi David - good to see you again! :wave:

Good Morning, Fockers!
How often do I get to say that and mean it???

TE is still fighting a cold/cough and her slick driveway. She want some new ideas for Christmas dinner. (Keep it simple.)
We do the same thing every year. Each family member has there assigned dish. If anyone breaks out of the mold it is looked at with disdain and mistrust. :rotfl2:

CE is still crazy-busy.
That exchange for school is a nice idea.

ANGELA shared some Chex recipes and the menu for Christmas at her Sis’s place.
Looks yummo to me!!

JANET is now on vacation.
:yay:

T’s bunch does a Mexican Christmas Eve with a small family dinner on Christmas day. She is making fillet mignon roast.
That sounds wonderful! Sign me up for next year!

V’s having honey ham for X-mas. Leo is at Grams today.
Tell Leo Honey ham is my fav. too!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Well I think it is official, TGIF’s is only good for drinks and appetizers says the Fockers! I’m glad it wasn’t just me. You get back from WDW and everything seems a little blah.:rotfl2:

I forgot to mention it yesterday - Thank you everyone for the cards! They are all wonderful! I have them hanging on a wall in the kitchen.

I'm waiting on the kitchen floor to dry. I've also got laundry in the washer. I decided to do all the blankets and the bedding on top of the normal stuff. I'll be working on it until sundown.

Doug decided to make chili for the dinner at work tomorrow. I really didn't want to spend any more $$$ on groceries this week. He didn't say a word about it until yesterday. :rolleyes: So I dug out my recipe so he could make a list. He's doing it and that's fine with me except he will be in my way in the kitchen tonight.:headache:

Like I said we have Christmas dinner at his mom's house with the whole family. That is around 30 people. :eek: But everybody brings something. Here's the usual list:
Turkey and Ham
Chicken and homemade noodles with mashed potatoes. (They don't do gravy which I thought was odd at first.)
Corn Casserole
Mac and Cheese, plain and Mexican
Green Bean Casserole
Broccoli Salad
Dill Pickle Beef Bites
Rolls
Sweet potato casserole
Cauliflower Casserole, me
Pepperoni Bites, me
Chex mix
Usually someone brings some new casserole or salad. I'm not even going to start on the desserts. We never have enough room on the counter for them all. They are all good cooks which really sucks.:worship:

It's a good time but so many people. They draw names for a gift exchange at T-day. A few of us opt out of that. I am not a good shopper. I hate the hassle. I always end up giving gift cards. I never seem to need anything so I always ask for a gift card at a favorite store. Boring - so we opt out. No one cares which is good. I like to watch the kids with their stuff. I'm there to be with the family since most of the year I usually don't make it to a lot of the birthdays due to my work schedule.

Gotta go switch out the laundry and put the kitchen back together.

I'll be back later.

Instead of a gift exchange for the classes, they got what I'd call a Secret Santa, but they call it "Jolly Gesture" week. They all filled out forms about their favorite color, activity, and snack, and put them in a hat and drew one. Then, throughout the last week or so, they've made cards, filled out a "clue" sheet for guessing your buddy, decorated snack bags, and then today were to bring in a snack for their buddy, and it will get revealed.

Love this idea:thumbsup2

Buzz's guy said his favorite snack was cool ranch Doritos - very easy. But Woody's guy mentioned pizza as his favorite snack. :confused: That was a bit tougher to pack up for school. :rotfl: I bought some frozen pizza roll things, baked 'em up this morning, and put them in a thermos. :confused3 But then I had to write a note to the teacher for help in getting the thermos back.

Good thinking on your part

Good morning all and happy Tuesday! :wave:

Just dropping in for a quick read and "Hi y'all!" I overslept this morning with the kids already on break and no alarm set. I barely got to the office in time for a meeting with a potential new client.

Anyway I need to hit it today so that I can do my best to ignore the office completely for the next week and a half or so...:santa:

TTFN!
David

Hi David :wave: HAve a good day. Is today your last?

No cooks here, either - we're getting a Honey Baked Ham (Leo's choice) and will have roasted root vegetables (turnips, parsnips, sweet potatoes and beets - diced, drizzled and roasted... yum!), mac & cheese and a salad as sides. Chocolate pie for dessert (thank you Publix!)

Publix has a really good bakery section. Home made mac & cheese? My BIL makes this for our holiday dinners and the funny thing is Jimmy who LOVES mac & cheese won't eat it. He will only eat Kraft:lmao: My BIL is a Chef, so it really annoys him:rotfl:

V said:
Xmas Eve is take out from our local Italian place: eggplant parm, antipasto, manicotti and cannoli.

No fish:confused3

V said:
Morning! Well, it wouldn't be a holiday/vacation without some last-minute office drama. I'm so over it, it's ridiculous. :mad:

:hug: Have I told you I have redubbed my new floor Peyton Place:sad2:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So I decided to be crafty:rolleyes: and make the Christmas Bingo Cards for Jimmy's clas tomorrow. I found a site where you can make them for free, but I wasn't thrilled with it. I am printing up the cards from our game and then cutting them up and rearranging the images on paper so I have 21 different cards. Then I am going to run them to Staples and have them copied onto card stock paper. I also have to remove a couple of the images due to religous conotations. Public school = no religion so I want to make sure I don't offend anyone:goodvibes

I am also going to copy and print the callers cards and laminate those. I will leave everything fir the teacher and she can use it next year if she wants to.

So, this is what I have been working on all morning and have gotten nothing else accomplished:sad2: It's going to be a hectic couple of days:headache:

Good Morning, Fockers!
How often do I get to say that and mean it???

:wave2:

If anyone breaks out of the mold it is looked at with disdain and mistrust.

:lmao:

I forgot to mention it yesterday - Thank you everyone for the cards! They are all wonderful! I have them hanging on a wall in the kitchen.

:thumbsup2

I'll be back later.[/COLOR]

Twice in one day :faint:

Well I think it is official, TGIF’s is only good for drinks and appetizers says the Fockers! I’m glad it wasn’t just me.
LOL, I missed this before, but SOOO true!

Home made mac & cheese?
Please. Do you know me Janet? :rotfl2: :hug: Nope, we're all about teh Stouffer's. ;)
Nah. Without an outside grill, any fish cooked in my house makes the house stink for days, so I avoid fish at home.
Have I told you I have redubbed my new floor Peyton Place:sad2:
Oh no :lmao: I'm sorry Janet :hug:

... 1 hour later - I never hit Submit?! Ooops. :flower3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter