• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Team Focker Watch, Part 12. Have we jumped the shark yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Evening All. Dinner done, Jimmy is bathed and ready for bed. He is watching Winnie the Pooh a Season of Giving. He is really tired after playing in the snow and sledding:thumbsup2. As I mentioned above schools are closed tomorrow, but I am going to go in, I think:confused: I really can't make up my mind. I'm off the rest of the week, so I am thinking I really need to go in to make sure everything is cleaned up, etc.

Jim is talking to his mom and dad now. Luckily the guy across the street form them cam over with his snowblower so Jim doesn't have to go up there to shovel:thumbsup2

Here are some pictures from today:
DSCN1039.jpg

DSCN1041.jpg

DSCN1042.jpg

DSCN1043.jpg

DSCN1044.jpg

DSCN1045.jpg

DSCN1047.jpg

wow...I hadn't heard about Brittany Murphy---hate to tell BA that.

Went to see Christmas carol finally---liked it but hate I missed it in 3D.

Janet--cool snow pics! (hey--it's a pun!)

i still haven't found my camera USB cord...so I ordered another one on ebay...then I'll find it for sure.

so what games do I need for my new Wii that I got myself? I got the balance board, wii fit plus, and winter sports....what else would I like??

And when is Jo back??

I think we all miss Jo!!!
Having a good day!! Took the kids to Sam's , lots of yummy samples today !!! Picked up Breakfast Hot pockets for Christmas morning and mini muffins !! No more slaving over the stove while the kids could care less as they are into all their gifts!!! TomorroI wil finih up my wrapping !! I dont have much seeing as I started in November !!!

Janet--cool snow pics! (hey--it's a pun!)

:rolleyes::lmao:

And when is Jo back??

I think Jo's home on the 22nd. :thumbsup2

I thought she said the 23rd????:confused:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Good morning all. Well, I am at work and not happy about it. The city did a HORIBLE job cleaning the streets and it took forever to get here:mad: Luckily today is my ONLY day of work for the week, soI guess I shouldn't complain:lmao:

Jimmy has a doctor appointment at 5:00, but since they are home Jim is going to call and see if they can go earlier. Not sure if Jimmy's class trip will be cancelled tomorrow. Guess it will be a wait and see kind of thing. On the plus side they are doing some of my errands for me today. Taking my parents gifts to the post office to be mailed and picking up some stamps, picking up Jimmy's script, and getting some cookies for Jimmy to take for the Before/After School staff:thumbsup2

Hope everyone has a good day:goodvibes

Good morning all. Well, I am at work and not happy about it. The city did a HORIBLE job cleaning the streets and it took forever to get here:mad: Luckily today is my ONLY day of work for the week, soI guess I shouldn't complain:lmao:

Hope it goes smoothly for you! :goodvibes

I'm doing the patented CE cleaning this morning. Clean a little, play a little... ;)

I've got the dining room back to a great state (again, I've been doing better controlling clutter lately, so it's not a big chore.) I'm trying to just pick up all the little stuff lying around and get everything ready for a good dust/mop/vacuum by Wed.

I have tennis team practice at noon, but that's all. I may take the kids out to Home Depot after school for them to pick out my dad's gift.

Hope you all have a decent Monday! :goodvibes

Pretty snow pictures. :goodvibes I can't believe how much you got Janet. :eek:
Happy belated birthday, Lori. party: I hope you made it to Red Lobster. I do love their biscuits. :thumbsup2

Z, sounds like a fun trip. :goodvibes

David, have fun on your trip too. I'm right there with you about living in the south. :thumbsup2

Lessa, Mitch and my BIL saw Avatar. They liked it but it looks like nothing I would care for.

Today I'm slightly motivated to make something Christmassy, so I decided on white chocolate Chex mix. Don't want to get too involved. :rotfl:Other than that laundry and wrap my final gift. Mitch decided Reid needed a small baseball and glove to get him started training. ;) He also got a little golf set for him. So cute. I might keep part to give for his birthday from Uncle Mooch. I forgot to mention, we're going to Chef Mickey's for Reid's third b'day. I've never been, so it will be interesting. Anyone going to be here June 5?

Morning! And, Happy Belated Bday Lori!:cheer2:

After an entire weekend of sneezing, my allergies are finally calming down some - hooray! Wind is the devil.

It's BRRRRRRRR cold down here in FL; 47 this morning! :faint:

Leo's in Gramma's care today and tomorrow, which is always interesting. :rolleyes: I'm trying to get excited about work for 2 and a half days (yay.), and then I'm really looking forward to a few days of.... nothing!!! :cloud9:

Today I'm slightly motivated to make something Christmassy, so I decided on white chocolate Chex mix. Don't want to get too involved.

I'm actually wanting to make some cookies, but I don't have enough flour. I really don't bake. :rotfl2: I keep flour around for thickening my tuna noodles, but that's pretty much all. :rolleyes:

Have fun!

Leo's in Gramma's care today and tomorrow, which is always interesting. :rolleyes: I'm trying to get excited about work for 2 and a half days (yay.), and then I'm really looking forward to a few days of.... nothing!!! :cloud9:

Nice! :goodvibes Good luck with Leo and Gramma. ;)

Hope it goes smoothly for you! :goodvibes

So far very quiet. Alot of people seem to have taken off!

I'm doing the patented CE cleaning this morning. Clean a little, play a little... ;)

I like this system ::yes::

You too:goodvibes

Pretty snow pictures. :goodvibes I can't believe how much you got Janet. :eek:

It's crazy. Can't wait to see what the rest of the winter brings :scared: Thursday and Friday they are calling for rain, which should be fun melting all the snow:eek:

Today I'm slightly motivated to make something Christmassy, so I decided on white chocolate Chex mix.

Recipe please.

Mitch decided Reid needed a small baseball and glove to get him started training. ;)

I;m surpised it took this long to get hime one.

He also got a little golf set for him. So cute.

Jimmy had one of these.:goodvibes

I forgot to mention, we're going to Chef Mickey's for Reid's third b'day. I've never been, so it will be interesting. Anyone going to be here June 5?

This is one of the one's I missed this year:sad2:

After an entire weekend of sneezing, my allergies are finally calming down some - hooray! Wind is the devil.

Glad you are feeling better!

It's BRRRRRRRR cold down here in FL; 47 this morning! :faint:

12 here:rolleyes:

I'm trying to get excited about work for 2 and a half days (yay.), and then I'm really looking forward to a few days of.... nothing!!! :cloud9:

I am looking forward to my week off too!:woohoo:

Well as somebody who gets sick watching Mickey's Philharmagic and playing video games on the Wii I can vouch for Avatar as being non-nausea inducing. :rotfl: I was a bit worried going in but it was fine.

I personally wouldn't have a problem letting kids that age see it but there is of course violence but it is not bloody and gory like in most movies.
It was just Jenny, me and the girls last night, so We watched X-Men Origins - Wolverine and the new Star Trek with them (both are also PG-13). So, I'm thinking that they should be okay with Avatar.

My little one invited himself over to a friends house and proceeded to invite himself for an overnight. Jenny apologized to the mom, but she was more than okay with the situation. This particular friend has trouble sleeping away from a parent, so the only way he has sleepovers is at his house.

Hi David!! Good to see you posting again. :goodvibes
Thanks Z! I hope I don't get sucked back into other stuff too soon, and I can keep it up.

David, have fun on your trip too. I'm right there with you about living in the south. :thumbsup2
Thanks Angela! The memories of shoveling the driveway are still with me, despite having spent most of the last 20 years in the south.

Here's our line-up for the upcoming trip:
12/28 dinner at Artist Palette at SSR and park time depending on when we arrive
12/29 AK & Tusker House lunch before heading on to Del Rey

1/2 - arrive at Epcot from Del Rey w/late lunch at Rose & Crown
1/3 - MK or HS in AM - b-day dinner at Kouzzina - MK or Epcot afterwards
1/4 - character breakfast @ Cape May and then hit the drive home

Demonstrating that even when I throw together a trip at the last minute, I still have to plan...:rolleyes:

I forgot to mention, we're going to Chef Mickey's for Reid's third b'day. I've never been, so it will be interesting. Anyone going to be here June 5?
We really like Chef Mickey's. We won't be there for a few weeks. That entire June 5 weekend will be kind of crazy for us. We have DD12's bat mitzvah going on with the associated shindig and family gathering. Can you say logistical nightmare?:scared:

You too CE!

So far very quiet. Alot of people seem to have taken off!
Pretty quiet here too!
-------------------------------------------------

I'm thinking it's going to be a quiet couple of weeks at the office. One of my partners texted that he's home sick with a cough and low grade fever. Sounds like what I had over the weekend. The e-mail traffic has also been pretty quiet and that's a pretty good indicator of work volume on a given day.

I've pretty much thrown off the cough I had over the weekend, but now I am feeling the aches and pains associated the Wii. We broke out the Wii Fit game for the last night of Chanukah, and I had to go head to head with my middle child in hula hooping (quite a few times). I did not know that particular game would actually work my abs to the point where I'm feeling it. I definitely do not like feeling this out of shape, so I'm hoping this will help me get back on track with the exercise...

Have a great Monday everyone! :goodvibes
TTFN!

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes! No Red Lobster for me yesterday since the Steelers played and my dad had to pick my aunt up from the airport. I'm going to dinner with my babysitter/second mom tonight and that'll be my pick. ;)

Janet - Great pics of the snow! You guys got a lot more than we did! Although we are getting more today and I think over the next week we are as well. Blah!

David - It's good to see you posting again! I hope you have a wonderful trip to Disney.

:wave2: Hi everyone!

Not much going on today. We had snow when I woke up this morning and it's looking pretty dreary out there. I really need to go clean off my car. I love looking at the snow but hate being out in it.

Both kids are home and are driving me nuts! They're upstairs playing right now. Actually Lindsey called it 'acting.' :laughing: Goofy girl.

I need to get some laundry done today and pick up the house a little bit. My sitter should be calling in a little bit so we can put a plan in place tonight for dinner. And last thing for my exciting night would be to hopefully get some gifts wrapped once the kids are in bed.

Hope everyone has a good Monday!

And I forgot to add this the other day but I asked if Kristal could send the kids a postcard from Disney. We got it the other day and they were beside themselves and absolutely LOVED it!

Thanks Kristal! :thumbsup2

Good Morning All! :goodvibes

Wow Janet... that's a lot of snow! :eek: Jimmy looks like he's enjoying it, though! :thumbsup2

Not much going on here. We had a quiet weekend since Maddie was vomiting on Saturday. She' better now, but doesn't feel like eating much. We made more AG dolls clothes to keep us busy. She loves them and I have fun (when I'm not getting frustrated! ;))

I finally got all my gift cards bought and everything is wrapped and ready for Christmas, except the kids Santa gifts, which I'll wrap on Christmas Eve. :thumbsup2 I tried something different this year. I wrapped all their gifts from "Mom & Dad" and put them under the tree and then I'll place 1 gift from Santa for each of them (with different paper) when they're asleep. I've already explained to them that Santa is giving more gifts to kids whose parents need more help this year. We'll see how they respond. :goodvibes

I've got baking to do and Mads has got a dental appointment today for a cleaning. Other than that it's a pretty chill day.

Happy Monday! :flower3:

Hello Fockers!!!!!!

I am sorry for the delay of recaps. Last week was a little crazy, um, and lazy for me. I'm getting back into it now!!!!!! I'm with CE today - clean a little, play a little.

Recap:
LORI’s kids found their gifts that were supposed to be from Santa. She has some revenge planned by Elf JoJo.
Boo on the kids. I posted B-day wishes for you on Enchanted and didn't even know it was you until I looked at your profile on there!

V is writing actual articles on a blog site to help further her future $$ opportunities. She got some $$ for support from ‘Bonehead’.
Awesome on both counts!

ANGELA has been down in the dumps. She did make some Chex mix to get into the spirit of things.
:hug::hug: Hey, 20 minutes away gives you a reason to stay longer at your sis's. Gotta make it worth the trip!

KAT quit WOD. She doesn't feel good about it but her back has been killing her.
:hug: I hope you had fun this weekend.

T’s kids are doing great in school. Mads was not feeling well yesterday.
Sounds like you are ready for Christmas. Sorry that your last trip to DLR stunk.

CE has had the usual craziness but the kids got to see Santa and get gifts for each other. She celebrated a tennis win with………….wine!!
:thumbsup2

JANET was looking forward to a big snow, not! She has pictures posted.
We just got dusted. I keep saying now that Doug and I have a plow truck, there won't be any massive dumps of snow here this year. Mark my words.

DENISE goes to work to rest. They had a great ‘wine’ dinner.
Glad you had a good time.

LESSA got awesome marks in school! 4.0 gpa!!!!!
:woohoo:

Z found out how ridiculously busy WDW was.
I saw some wonderful cards. I wanted post cards. I already had the stamps. No biggy. Sorry you got lost going to WDW with the GPS.

ROSIE has been busy at work.
You've been so busy it's a good thing you did start wrapping in November!

Tigger stopped by. He is celebrating his birthday at Kouzinna. He has a aunt in Del Ray that they will visit over the holiday - Plus WDW. They are trying to get there dining planned for the June trip to WDW. They are staying at BLT.
Sounds 'Tigger-ific'!:lmao:

Mel's burning music for a couple of people.
A big hug and hello to any I missed!

###############################################################
Last week I just wasn't very motivated. Post Partum Disney, I guess.

I had several calls from work telling me I had to go pick up paperwork that needed to be filled out and turned back in so I could continue to work next year. I did that and some shopping on Monday.

Tuesday I did laundry and cleaned a bit.

Wednesday I went back to work and turned in everything. They also gave us new ID badges. Now I can officially start working for the new company.

Thursday I went to the dentist and chilled.

Friday and Saturday I worked day shift for 12hrs each day. That really sucked. Nothing was happening. It made for a long day. I was beat when I got to 6PM.

I met Doug at TGIF's on Saturday evening. We had a free appy card from our last visit due to Doug's steak being overdone a bit. We love the fried green beans and unfortunately that's all I can rave about. It wasn't bad, but it is just not as good as in the past. It's not as good as some of the other places in town. I think we will stick with Texas Roadhouse and Pepe's. Even T would be impressed with Pepe's.

Yesterday I got caught up on Enchanted and updated my TR. (BTW, hey Janet, see my ticker, I guess I lied when I posted that I wouldn't be going back to WDW this next year.) I have to get caught up on the TRs over here. I'll try to do that tomorrow.

I have some beef in the Crock pot for burritos for tonight's dinner. We are going to town to get the furbabies some goodies from Santa and Rudolf. I hope it won't be too crazy.

I'll finish up cleaning and laundry tomorrow also.

We go to Doug's mom's house for the family dinner on Christmas day. I'll cook on Wednesday for that get-together.

We will meet my bro and his wife for a afternoon late meal on the 27th at a local restaurant. I told him no gifts. It would end up being gift cards as neither of us really needs anything. I just wanted to get with them and have a nice dinner and chat.

Then next Wednesday Doug and I and 2 of the dogs are going to Rockie's for New Year's!!!!! That should be fun.

OK now that everyone knows my business........

I'll be checkin' in every day. I hope this week goes smoothly for all of you.

Here's a personal greeting from me to you.....

Happy Holidays, Fockers!!!!!
WDW09199.jpg

Thanks for the Update Krystal!!!

Still busy with work , in fact I'm off in a few to my 2nd job !!! Will chat tonite or tomorrow !!!

Enjoying the Christmas cards!! And I'm gonna do mine...soon....I really am!

Back from the doctors again---still with this cough--I got super cough medicine and new asthma medicine (Symbicort). BA had cheer practice from 10-2 and since my driveway is too slick/steep, I had to kill time running around till she got out.

Still snowing here....Ab has decided that snow sucks since it means she can't drive herself anywhere...I know the feeling! But we've had a good time sleigh riding.

I did not know that particular game would actually work my abs to the point where I'm feeling it. I definitely do not like feeling this out of shape, so I'm hoping this will help me get back on track with the exercise...

::yes:: That one can make you feel it!

I need to get some laundry done today and pick up the house a little bit. My sitter should be calling in a little bit so we can put a plan in place tonight for dinner. And last thing for my exciting night would be to hopefully get some gifts wrapped once the kids are in bed.

Have a great time!

I've got baking to do and Mads has got a dental appointment today for a cleaning. Other than that it's a pretty chill day.

Hope you've had fun!

OK now that everyone knows my business........

Sounds busy and fun! :goodvibes

Still snowing here....

Yikes! Really? We only got an inch.

I got some laundry done and more pre-cleaning cleaning done. :rotfl: Then I went to tennis and that was fun and went well. We have the match tomorrow, so it was good to have a good practice...

I got home and chilled for a few, then my friend called. Then the doorbell rang, and it was the little girl who had the pottery party for her b-day last weekend, with our pottery. Still on the phone, the bus comes, the dog escapes, and then the UPS guy comes, needing a signature. :rotfl2: It was a crazy couple of minutes (btw, it is so cold, the dog came right back in on his own... :thumbsup2)

Now I'm trying to get Woody to do his homework. We were going to go to Home Depot for them to pick out a tool for my dad (Dad and the kids all seem to get a kick out of it) but we just managed to shop online - they don't arrive until the 27th anyway, and I get the Prime from amazon.com for free two-day shipping. :thumbsup2 So, we don't have to go out, and that makes me happy!

Tomorrow's going to be slightly crazed. I have my match at 12:30, has to be done by 2:30. Get home for the bus at 3:15 and then go right back to the gym for the boys' tennis lesson. It goes until 5:00, and then we have to change into slightly nicer clothes, drive-through dinner, and get back to school by 6:00 for the concert. Gah!

Wednesday looks calmer. I have a haircut at 10:00, but that's it. It will be real prep/cleaning time by that point. And, thankfully, the kids will be in school still! I think it's "Read All Day" day - if I were the teachers, I'd not be trying to teach that day, either. :rotfl:

OK, off to do more stuff, I think. I need a shower, for one thing, and socks. My feet are freezing! :rotfl2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter