Team Focker Watch, Part 12. Have we jumped the shark yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Rose,

How ya doin'. Should we tell everyone about the "thong lady" at POP..... :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: Are you going back in 2010. Great meeting ya this year! :goodvibes

Judy still laughs about how you would "tactfully" tell her to wear a towel!!!Mz Disney was at Pop with us this September and Judy shared the "sight "we had seen earlier of a THONG wearing woman !! Kyle said "MOM you can see her BUM!!!!" Steph said "That'sdisgusting "" Ms Diz siad she'd have given her a towel !!!!:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

:headache: That would have supplemented my income whilst Mitch is gone. :rotfl2:

g:
:confused3 I missed something here.....

++++++++++++++

Psst....Hey T........what's an oreo??

I thought about naming my kitty that but BA had picked Boots. We had decided we were a "culturally diverse" family--;)
got 1 white dog
got 1 brown dog
got 1 black and white cat
got 1 multi-colored cat who hates the above black and white one!

that's about as culturally diverse as it gets around here--we're all pretty much related!

+++++++++++

Speaking of which....did I tell u all about Ab and the pig??? (if so, read anyway, it's still funny!)

So....these...uh...."backwood folks" (so as not to use the politically offensive term for people in this area of "hillbilly") :rolleyes:

anyway....they have LOTS of critters....roaming all around their little house.....chickens...dogs....cats....pony....cow on a rope.....and a pig!
The pig is often in the road and you have to swerve so I had cautioned Ab to be careful.....the other day she is coming home from school....pig in road....she stops....and begins talking to the pig! "Hey piggie"....come here little piggie" (the thing is 1/3 the size of her van)..........then the man comes out.....(and no, he didn't have his shotgun)....I asked.....Ab said she waved and said "I'm just talkin' to your pig".......he asked if the pig had said anything back!......She said "no....but I like your pig!".........He said thanks he liked the pig too.......

Gotta love life in the hollers.....

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: Thanks...I think:rotfl:
:teeth:
Psst....Hey T........what's an oreo??
A brown peep. ;)

I thought about naming my kitty that but BA had picked Boots. We had decided we were a "culturally diverse" family--;)
got 1 white dog
got 1 brown dog
got 1 black and white cat
got 1 multi-colored cat who hates the above black and white one!
:lmao: Wow, you are a melting pop homestead, aren't you?

that's about as culturally diverse as it gets around here--we're all pretty much related!
I bet. :laughing:

So....these...uh...."backwood folks" (so as not to use the politically offensive term for people in this area of "hillbilly") :rolleyes:

anyway....they have LOTS of critters....roaming all around their little house.....chickens...dogs....cats....pony....cow on a rope.....and a pig!
The pig is often in the road and you have to swerve so I had cautioned Ab to be careful.....the other day she is coming home from school....pig in road....she stops....and begins talking to the pig! "Hey piggie"....come here little piggie" (the thing is 1/3 the size of her van)..........then the man comes out.....(and no, he didn't have his shotgun)....I asked.....Ab said she waved and said "I'm just talkin' to your pig".......he asked if the pig had said anything back!......She said "no....but I like your pig!".........He said thanks he liked the pig too.......

All I can think of now is there was free bacon in the road. :rotfl2:

WARNING VENT TIME:

So you all know I lead a Brownie troop, right? Well tonight a few of the girls were on horrible behaviour. They were rude and disruptive during our meeting and I was ready to snap. My asst. leader stepped and asked them to show some respect and to act their age. They still were acting up towards the end of the meeting. :mad:

I'm so ready to send their parents an email saying I am not a babysitter & I shouldn't have to put up with disruptive behaviour and if the girls cannot behave, they will be asked to leave. What do you think? Too harsh? Were we all just having a bad day? Do I see what the behaviour is like next week? Do I have a talk with the girls as group next week? HELP!

Honestly, I don't like feeling this way. I know I volunteered to take this troop, but still I'm not a freakin' rug. I truly enjoy doing this, but when things go bad, I wish I could just walk away. :sad2:

So after literally 15 x-rays, a student was there today so they were called in to watch, Mitch does not have a broken hip. Which is exactly what he said. ;)
Phew but really I'm sure he would have known if he'd broken it :rotfl2:

Forgot to tellyou all my dad had to have a heart cath and a stent put in today. All is well. They are keeping him overnight, but he should be home tomorrow. Heck of a way to celebrate your 80th birthday eh!
Hope it all went well :hug:

I checked with my teacher after class though to see what my grade was and my average came out to be a solid B so I'm happy with that. Hopefully I can get A's on the last 3 test we have in there and either end up with an A- or B+. Wish me luck!
Good luck :hug:

Just another day in Fluville! She is starting to feel a little better so may try school tomorrow. Trust me on this folks --if you can get the vaccine, get it...cause this stinks! :thumbsup2
:hug:

:thumbsup2 oh and I see Marc made it, too. I'm guessing he's brown folk in some way shape or form. Nice to see some variety on there representing.
He looks pretty white on his photo :rotfl2: but I think you'll be very happy!!!!!

:Ab said she waved and said "I'm just talkin' to your pig".......he asked if the pig had said anything back!......She said "no....but I like your pig!".........He said thanks he liked the pig too.......

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

WARNING VENT TIME:
I know exactly how you feel, some of the parents used to treat my Rainbow group (5-7 y/o) as a baby sitting service :headache: Can you do a 3 warnings then you're out system? That's what they do at our boys groups! :hug:

Cleaning day today, plus ironing and answering questions, that's if I can drag myself away from the laptop :sad2::rotfl2:

Hi!

ROSIE is managing a K-mart in her spare time.

LESSA booked a secret cruise on the new ship for 2011. She wants to surprise her mom. She got 100% on her a couple of tests/papers at school.
WAY TO GO!

CE is busy.
I'd be so pooped with all that you have going on.

JANET said Jimmy got a certificate for reading 60 books so far for the school read-a-thon. He is the only lone that has read that many. She saw her eye doctor and all is well.
Tell Jimmy he is awesome! Great news from your doctor. Glad to hear your dad is doing well.

LORI says shopping cures all funks. Her town is hosting a film crew this week. It’s a movie with Denzel Washington in it.
That’s very interesting.

JO says the Mom’s panel should be making their announcement.

KAT is going to the doctor about her ear on Fri.
Good luck with the ear. The food sounded yummo!

ANGELA says Mitch’s hip is not broken and he got some major pain killers for it.
YIKES, 100 pills! I hope he heals up quickly.

TE says Ab is getting better. She gave us a look into ‘life in the stix’.
Yep, gotta love it.

T says the Brownies have been stinkers lately.
I’d just let the girls and the parents know that if they disrupt the meetings, they will be dismissed for the evening and the parents will be called to pick them up. Either they want to be a part of it or they don’t. It’s their choice.
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

I’ve got all my clothing picked out for the WDW trip. I have a box with water, Coke and snacks ready to ship out in a couple of weeks. My binder is complete. The couple of weeks before the last week are always the worst.

I’m going to Ohio this weekend to visit Rockie and family. Just an over-nighter. Doug is making lasagna for us to take and share with them. I always try to make it easy on her while we visit. It’s expensive to feed 5 and I want to visit not watch her cook. I’ve decided that I will get her a Disney card with some money on it for Christmas shopping while we are at WDW. I usually send her a check. This way I can help her pick out some things for the girls. Plus since we missed her birthday she doesn’t get the $75 card now.

I work the next 3 nights.

Have a good Veterans Day!

ROSIE is managing a K-mart in her spare time.

:lmao: So is that job number 3,4,5?

I’ve decided that I will get her a Disney card with some money on it for Christmas shopping while we are at WDW. I usually send her a check. This way I can help her pick out some things for the girls.
Shopping, yea! :dance3:

My sister was spotting last week so she went to the doctor to make sure that everything is ok. It is, but she can't pick up Reid. :eek: He sort of understands that mommy doesn't feel well and can't pick him up, but he doesn't like it. My BIL is out tonight so she asked me to come over to help her get him ready for bed. She can't get him in the tub, has to change him on the floor and I'm not sure how she gets him up to the table. All these things you do without thinking. Not that I mind going over there. :goodvibes

Mitch is still in pain but didn't want to take any meds because he's filling prescriptions this morning. I certainly understand, but I hate that he doesn't feel well.

This morning both of my Sirius radios quit working, the washing machine is leaking and Mitch went to the doctor to get a note to get out of his PT test this weekend because he pulled a muscle running. The doctor thinks he broke his hip! What?! :eek: Now he's getting an x-ray, cat scan and who even knows what else?

I've read on and know it's not broken, but my first thought was "Hey, maybe he wouldn't have to deploy, then!" I'm glad it's not broken, though. :hug: Sorry about the radios!

CE, sounds like the book fair is going well.

I think the running is going fine, but I think our sales are going to be low, low, low. :sad2:

Made the meeting twice as long as it needed to be:sad2:

I'm sorry, though I can kind of understand the frustration of having to spend more. I would stop asking, though, once I was told no. ;)

They are white boards??? They allow teachers to hook their laptops up to the computer and then prject stuff onto the board. They are interactive too, their is a special pen they can use to write on them...here is the website with a picture;)

I've never seen them either. :confused3

So after much debate over my ear and being able to afford a Dr visit with no insurance, I have an appointment for Friday at noon.

Hope it's no big deal. :hug:

Forgot to tellyou all my dad had to have a heart cath and a stent put in today. All is well. They are keeping him overnight, but he should be home tomorrow. Heck of a way to celebrate your 80th birthday eh!

I saw that on FB, hope he's doing OK. :hug:

I checked with my teacher after class though to see what my grade was and my average came out to be a solid B so I'm happy with that. Hopefully I can get A's on the last 3 test we have in there and either end up with an A- or B+. Wish me luck!

Good luck!

Tomorrow we are all off for Veteren's Day, but we have a ton of running to do. We have an OT eval at 8:30am, then a pediatrician appt at 2:30, then a medication check with the psychiatrist at 5:00. It's gonna be a loooooooooooong day

Hope it's all good, though.

I hope you guys don't think that I think white ain't right... 'cause I love all my Vanilla Wafer friends just as much as my Oreo's! I'd dunk each and every ONE of you in a glass of milk... or chocolate milk. :rotfl2:

You make me laugh. :rotfl:

Speaking of which....did I tell u all about Ab and the pig??? (if so, read anyway, it's still funny!)

OMG! :lmao:

Honestly, I don't like feeling this way. I know I volunteered to take this troop, but still I'm not a freakin' rug. I truly enjoy doing this, but when things go bad, I wish I could just walk away.

I'm sorry, hon. Maybe send an e-mail to ALL the parents, saying you're going to have to institute a 3 strikes and you're out policy? That way, you're not targeting just the one group, you're not starting a fight, it's just policy, etc., etc.?

Cleaning day today, plus ironing and answering questions, that's if I can drag myself away from the laptop

I plan on being on the couch nearly all day! ;)

CE is busy.
I'd be so pooped with all that you have going on.

Only two more days!

I’m going to Ohio this weekend to visit Rockie and family. Just an over-nighter. Doug is making lasagna for us to take and share with them. I always try to make it easy on her while we visit. It’s expensive to feed 5 and I want to visit not watch her cook. I’ve decided that I will get her a Disney card with some money on it for Christmas shopping while we are at WDW. I usually send her a check. This way I can help her pick out some things for the girls. Plus since we missed her birthday she doesn’t get the $75 card now.

Sounds good all around!

My sister was spotting last week so she went to the doctor to make sure that everything is ok. It is, but she can't pick up Reid. :eek: He sort of understands that mommy doesn't feel well and can't pick him up, but he doesn't like it. My BIL is out tonight so she asked me to come over to help her get him ready for bed. She can't get him in the tub, has to change him on the floor and I'm not sure how she gets him up to the table. All these things you do without thinking. Not that I mind going over there.

Aw, poor thing. I spotted, too - it's what sent me to the dr. for an early ultrasound, only to find out that I was getting two - and it turned out OK. I feel bad for her, not being able to do her "normal" routine.

Mitch is still in pain but didn't want to take any meds because he's filling prescriptions this morning. I certainly understand, but I hate that he doesn't feel well.

Oh, poor guy.

I decided on a separate post for my own stuff...

Loooong day yesterday. I got to school at 8:00 to start setting up. The problem is that I am in the all-purpose room, which is also used for lunch and by the after-school program, so when there are people in the building when I'm not, I have to put things away. The fair came with 10 "cases" that close up and latch, fully loaded, and I just have to put those against the wall, but around half the books have to be placed on display tables, on top of the cases, etc., and those get boxed up every evening, only to be pulled out in the morning.

So, I was trying to get all set for the first class to roll through at 9:30, but I did know they were doing a Veteran's Day assembly at 9:00. With the whole school attending (432 students) I assumed they'd be in the gym. But, they needed the projection screen for the Powerpoint presentation of family member vets (which is totally nice and awesome) but that meant it was in the APR. So I couldn't set up the display tables. :scared1:

We rolled most of the cases into the hallway, put the books on top of them, then SUPER quickly piled books on the tables after the assembly (which they said would be 20 minutes and instead was 40) for the first class. I was supposed to have 2 more people helping me than showed up, all because of flu, so what can you do? I don't blame them, but it was harder.

We were able to move the cases back in the break between classes.

We had only the 3 classes in on Monday, but we had 6 yesterday. I had to leave at 11:30 for the tennis match. Last year's chair came and took over for me, thank goodness, and I did manage to cobble together enough people that she always had two more helpers (4 people are ideal, but...)

We had fun with the tennis, though we lost. The first set was very close, the second, we got blown out (oh well) but then I had to book it back to school.

One of my evening helpers was out due to sick kids, so we were kind of swamped for a bit during the p-t conferences, but it worked out. D & the boys stayed to help us break down. Normally, on the "late" nights where it's open for the conferences, you can even leave the tables up, as you're going to be the first people back in the school the next day, but with no school today, well... I should be able to leave it up tomorrow night.

I've not talked to my co-chair since Monday evening. She definitely has the flu - her DH is an internist, and he got her Tamiflu, so I don't know if she'll be good tomorrow or not. I have plenty of daytime coverage tomorrow, but without her, I think I'm alone from 3:00-6:00, which is not good. You really need someone on the cash box and someone to help find books and so forth in the APR (where the cash box isn't...) So, I probably need to try to scare someone else up for that. Sigh.

Plus, as I mentioned in the last post to someone, I think our sales are tanking. Having not done it before, I can't compare in my head, but last fall's sale did $9500 total (we don't keep that all, but still, that's the number I have...) and last spring's went down to $8800. As of last night, I'd done cash and check deposits only of about $2200. With only two more days to go, I can't see getting $6-7000 more. :sad2: We do have 9 classes coming through tomorrow (all 4 kindergarten classes, plus two 4th grades are sharing a slot) so that's good, and then being open through the evening should help, where Monday was so not busy, comparatively, and Friday has at least 4 classes... So maybe we'll do better than half with half the days to go, if YKWIM, but still...

So now I'm beating myself up to think of what we could have done differently, but I think the answer is truly "nothing." We promoted as much or more than they did last year, the kids are excited about it, it's just that people aren't spending. Which I understand, but I feel bad, you know? I hate to be in charge of something that's not doing so well, even if it's not my fault.

D has to fly this afternoon into late tonight, and he took off for the gym, first, so he's gone. We're going out with friends on Saturday to celebrate our anniversary, which is today. :goodvibes I think I'll be celebrating the end of this week, too! :rotfl2:

I'll be around - we have no plans today, and I'm just feeling still a bit crazed. I thought I'd feel better and less stressed after yesterday, but different things are popping up, like the sales, to stress me out now. Sigh. I want an easy day, but I'm afraid my kids will be bored and sad if we don't do stuff, and I get that, too.

Anyway, I'll be back! :grouphug: Thanks for letting me vent!

CE, I totally understand about your sales, but you're right, people aren't spending as much. And you know how some people wait until the last minute to do things, so maybe you'll have better sales later in the week. It does sound like a lot of work to pack and unpack everything, but you have to use the room you have available. :hug: Although next year when they ask you to chair again, you'll know exactly what to do. ;) You're so organized and diligent. :goodvibes

CE, I totally understand about your sales, but you're right, people aren't spending as much. And you know how some people wait until the last minute to do things, so maybe you'll have better sales later in the week. It does sound like a lot of work to pack and unpack everything, but you have to use the room you have available. :hug: Although next year when they ask you to chair again, you'll know exactly what to do. ;) You're so organized and diligent. :goodvibes

Thank you! :hug:

I just got off the phone with my co-chair, and she's MUCH better - but now her older DD is running a fever. :rotfl: I have to laugh, because the other option is crying... ;)

She may still be able to help me in that late afternoon time, though, depending on if the daughter just has the fever but feels fine (as Woody and her DS did) or if her daughter is miserable. If she feels OK, she might be able to arrange some care for her, isolated, but OK, where if she's miserable, she'd feel bad making her leave home. I told her that was fine if she wanted, but not to make her kid feel bad on my account. ;)

He looks pretty white on his photo :rotfl2: but I think you'll be very happy!!!!!
REALLY??? I can't wait to see the new line-up. ;) I'm wondering why they did part-time and full-time stints, though? :confused3
I know exactly how you feel, some of the parents used to treat my Rainbow group (5-7 y/o) as a baby sitting service :headache: Can you do a 3 warnings then you're out system? That's what they do at our boys groups! :hug:
That's a good idea, but technically I can't "kick" anyone out, KWIM?

T says the Brownies have been stinkers lately.
I’d just let the girls and the parents know that if they disrupt the meetings, they will be dismissed for the evening and the parents will be called to pick them up. Either they want to be a part of it or they don’t. It’s their choice.

That's a fantastic idea! Thanks! :thumbsup2

I’ve got all my clothing picked out for the WDW trip. I have a box with water, Coke and snacks ready to ship out in a couple of weeks. My binder is complete. The couple of weeks before the last week are always the worst.

:thumbsup2 Love it all!
My sister was spotting last week so she went to the doctor to make sure that everything is ok. It is, but she can't pick up Reid. :eek: He sort of understands that mommy doesn't feel well and can't pick him up, but he doesn't like it. My BIL is out tonight so she asked me to come over to help her get him ready for bed. She can't get him in the tub, has to change him on the floor and I'm not sure how she gets him up to the table. All these things you do without thinking. Not that I mind going over there. :goodvibes

I spotted as well with Evan. So much so that I figured the pregnancy wouldn't "stick" and told Andy not to get to attached to the idea, KWIM? It's hard not to worry, but remember it's not uncommon. :hug:

Sorry about Mitch. I hope he gets some relief soon!
Plus, as I mentioned in the last post to someone, I think our sales are tanking. Having not done it before, I can't compare in my head, but last fall's sale did $9500 total (we don't keep that all, but still, that's the number I have...) and last spring's went down to $8800. As of last night, I'd done cash and check deposits only of about $2200. With only two more days to go, I can't see getting $6-7000 more. :sad2: We do have 9 classes coming through tomorrow (all 4 kindergarten classes, plus two 4th grades are sharing a slot) so that's good, and then being open through the evening should help, where Monday was so not busy, comparatively, and Friday has at least 4 classes... So maybe we'll do better than half with half the days to go, if YKWIM, but still...

Wow, CE. That's ALOT to deal with! WHew! :faint:

I have to admit, I didn't buy anything from the book fair this year and Maddie's school. I felt bad, but I wasn't willing to spend this year.

Our school isn't smart about fundraisers. Alot of the people in our community have lost jobs, homes, etc. and they aren't willing to spend on non-essentials.

Not much going on here. Maddie's got a funky wet cough going on, no fever or anything, so I'm not sure what's going on with her. But we're home bound, just in case.

I've got some :laundy: to do today and that's about it.

Check back later! :hippie:

Wow, CE. That's ALOT to deal with! WHew! :faint:

I have to admit, I didn't buy anything from the book fair this year and Maddie's school. I felt bad, but I wasn't willing to spend this year.

Our school isn't smart about fundraisers. Alot of the people in our community have lost jobs, homes, etc. and they aren't willing to spend on non-essentials.

I think it's similar all over. I really don't think I could have done any more to get more sales, so...

Not much going on here. Maddie's got a funky wet cough going on, no fever or anything, so I'm not sure what's going on with her. But we're home bound, just in case.

Hope she feels better!

KAt, I'm glad you're seeing a doctor. Hopefully it is nothing. :hug: Do we need Win 7 or does KC just want it?

Well he wanted it because it's new but it's also a lot faster than XP and (to me anyway) prettier. I am getting used to it myself still.

:thumbsup2 oh and I see Marc made it, too. I'm guessing he's brown folk in some way shape or form. Nice to see some variety on there representing.

I hope you guys don't think that I think white ain't right... 'cause I love all my Vanilla Wafer friends just as much as my Oreo's! :hug: I'd dunk each and every ONE of you in a glass of milk... or chocolate milk. :rotfl2:

That cracked me up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WARNING VENT TIME:

I agree- don't single the girls out,do the group policy but if it continues then I'd say def single them out. Good luck!

KAT is going to the doctor about her ear on Fri.
Good luck with the ear. The food sounded yummo!

Thanks. Don't work too hard!!!

I decided on a separate post for my own stuff...

Man people are dropping like flies!!! Good luck with it! And Happy Anniversary!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well today has been less than productive. While I was in bed around 1:30, KC was up till after 3am and slept till 2pm. I was up this morning, cleaning up, having breakfast and coffee and trying to set myself up on Windows 7. Yeesh. I don't mind relaxing after a long week in WDW but this is killing me, I'm so bored. I am making him at least take a walk or something today. We never did get to the laundry, so there's that too.

So I don't think I explained to you that KC & I found out (during the WDW trip actually) that we have a niece...who's 7. Apparently a girl whom his brother "dated" 8 years ago came fwd with a paternity test for him to take and it turns out he is the Dad! Her name is Chaianne (weird spelling) and she has lived 2 BLOCKS from KC & I her whole life!!!! She goes to school a block away from us. It's really insane! We met her, very briefly, Saturday. She was very nervous. it was the first visit she had with her Dad and meeting us too scared her, she hid behind her mom. Her birthday is Sun (she turns 7) and they are trying to work something out for her to meet the rest of the family Saturday. Needless to say this is whacking out the whole family. I think KC & I are the only ones who are thinking of this poor little girl who's world changed completely last week. everyone else is concerned with who's saying what and who's going to go where. KC's mom even said it was an "inconvenience" to find a birthday cake for her in their neighborhood. If the visit works out we are going to KC's mom's the night before and I am baking her a cake. She is adorable tho, and looks just like KC's brother.

Anyways, I need to give K a kick in the pants to do something today. Have a happy hump day lol.

hey guys! sorry ive been MIA. I've gotten all caught up on the last few days, but theres just to much to quote on.

If you guys have seen on FB I've been doing pretty well in my classes this quarter. :cool1: Now I just have 2 papers to write, but it should be simple. Theyre less than 1000 words. One is on a recovery plan of manatees, and the other is similar but about a wetland. We have no school/work today so im planning on getting a start on those today.

Have a great wednesday!

[
I started off the morning by booking a cruise for May 2011 on the Disney Dream! I am so excited!

I got my Math midterm mark back and I got 100%! :woohoo:

My afternoon two-hour class was only an hour long and all we did was get our papers back on which I also got 100%. :woohoo:

I’m excited for you! :banana::banana: That’s awesome! You’re mom will be so excited (I wouldn’t be able to wait long to tell her either!). Congrats on your 100%s too!

That kind of pulled me outta my funk that I was in. Shopping truly is one of my happy places. :laughing:

Yes, shopping generally helps:thumbsup2

Oh and I forgot to mention this yesterday, but a major film crew is here in the little town about 5 minutes from my house filming a major movie. Here's a link from the news telling a little bit more about it. I wonder if that means Denzel is in town???

Wow, cool – think you can get a walk on :rotfl:??

Back from the meeting at school. Can I vent here and say I HATE OUR HOME AND SCHOOL PRESIDENT! She makes everything so much more difficult than it needs to be:headache:

Of course, you can. How annoying! :headache:

Well we had a successful shopping trip. I got the kids some things and on our way out, I realized I got nothing for myself! :faint: Something just ain't right, I tell ya! :lmao:

Oh no, you better go back!:scared1:

For dessert I am making pumpkin gobs! So i need to get cooking and baking.

Can we see a pictures of those?!?!?!?
I’m glad you’re going to the Dr!

So after literally 15 x-rays, a student was there today so they were called in to watch, Mitch does not have a broken hip. Which is exactly what he said. ;) He does have a prescription for 100 Darvocet. :rotfl: He told the doctor he didn't need nearly that many, but she left it anyway. He got less than half filled.

Whew, that’s good. But 100 Darvocet? Geeze, you can go into business.

So glad everything went well! Hopefully, he’ll be good to go for another 100,000 miles! :goodvibes

Tomorrow we are all off for Veteren's Day, but we have a ton of running to do. We have an OT eval at 8:30am, then a pediatrician appt at 2:30, then a medication check with the psychiatrist at 5:00. It's gonna be a loooooooooooong day:sad2:

Whew, think I’d rather be at work – it would be less work!:faint:

I hope you guys don't think that I think white ain't right... 'cause I love all my Vanilla Wafer friends just as much as my Oreo's! :hug: I'd dunk each and every ONE of you in a glass of milk... or chocolate milk. :rotfl2:

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

:rotfl2: Thanks, I laughed out loud at that story :rotfl2:

So you all know I lead a Brownie troop, right? Well tonight a few of the girls were on horrible behaviour. I'm so ready to send their parents an email saying I am not a babysitter & I shouldn't have to put up with disruptive behaviour and if the girls cannot behave, they will be asked to leave. What do you think? Too harsh? Were we all just having a bad day? Do I see what the behaviour is like next week? Do I have a talk with the girls as group next week? HELP!

I like the three strikes and you’re out – and parents called to pick you up option!

Plus, as I mentioned in the last post to someone, I think our sales are tanking. So now I'm beating myself up to think of what we could have done differently, but I think the answer is truly "nothing."

That’s a shame, but I think you’re right. People just aren’t spending and there’s not much you can do (and I know you've done a lot!)

Kat-I'm glad you guys, at least, are thinking of the girl.

Man people are dropping like flies!!! Good luck with it! And Happy Anniversary!

Thanks!

So I don't think I explained to you that KC & I found out (during the WDW trip actually) that we have a niece...who's 7. Apparently a girl whom his brother "dated" 8 years ago came fwd with a paternity test for him to take and it turns out he is the Dad! Her name is Chaianne (weird spelling) and she has lived 2 BLOCKS from KC & I her whole life!!!!

That's so strange! But, we had a similar situation a few years ago, though it's a little more distant. D's stepsister's DH had a child he had no idea about. But being on the "in-law" side, I've not met him at all. He lives with the father's parents now, (weird, weird family) but he was a teen when he found out. And he wanted to not live with his mom anymore. I'm glad you guys are thinking of the kid's feelings. :hug:

hey guys! sorry ive been MIA. I've gotten all caught up on the last few days, but theres just to much to quote on.

Hi, Sam! Congrats on the classes!

That’s a shame, but I think you’re right. People just aren’t spending and there’s not much you can do (and I know you've done a lot!)

Thanks! It does help...

So, I sent a rather desperate message to my board and "core group" of volunteers, and I am covered for tomorrow evening now, which is great. I just hate having to count on the same 5 or so people all the time, but it is what it is, I guess.

I have done nearly nothing all day - I did change the laundry that D started earlier - except, I guess, do a ton of messaging to get my volunteers done. That counts as something, surely. ;)

I need to do some change counting, too - we did a loose change fundraiser that actually is really good. Scholastic lets us keep the money, they give us "Scholastic dollars" as if that money were sales, and then they also donate one book for every dollar we raise to kids in need. :thumbsup2 We got a TON of change, even if it's all pennies. The kids were supposed to count it and stick it in a baggie before sending it in, but I need to total it at least. :thumbsup2

And I'm helping Buzz with some extra handwriting practice. The kid had his conference last night and is doing super, super well with everything, but tends to, um, rush and his handwriting is sucky. Maybe he'll be a doctor. ;) :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter