Team Focker Watch, Part 12. Have we jumped the shark yet?

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by PrincessV, Sep 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcc0621

jcc0621 DIS Veteran

::yes:: it's the one thing that drives my mother crazy living down there. HAving to drive to get a loaf of bread!

I;m gonna try them!

I will!

She and Jimmy will get along great then. Jimmy has two music classes a week at school. THe child can't carry a tune in a bucket!:lmao:

I'm the same way T. Between the steroids and being stuck home all the time I have been eating WAY too much junk!:sad2:

----------------------

Dinner is done. Jimmy gave me a hrd time trying the chiken, but once he did he liked it...go figure I wans't I trying to poison him:sad2::lmao:

Not much planned tonight, which is good. We had 2 late nights so Jimmy could use the break..and so could I;) I will probably watch Project Runway. Are you watching this season V?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Lifelong_Dreamer

Lifelong_Dreamer DIS Veteran

Found the new thread!

Well the inevitable has happened, I have caught the traditional back to school cold. Half the class was sniffling along with me today. This happened despite my making liberal use of all the antibacterial hand sanitizer pumps placed all over the school. :headache:

I'm "looking forward" to a busy weekend. This weekend is the weekend the students settled on for the annual street party/riot despite the fact that the school canceled Homecoming BECAUSE of this illegal party. According to the NATIONAL newspaper, that's right, it has gotten so bad that this is now national news, we are going to have dozens of mounted police and hundreds of police/riot squad members on hand to try and deal with the crowd. Work should be fun. :rolleyes1

4. jcc0621

jcc0621 DIS Veteran

Ugh, feel better:hug:

Oh, this is gonna be good. Wha'ts the best paper to read all about it?? Toronto Sun?

5. Lifelong_Dreamer

Lifelong_Dreamer DIS Veteran

:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2: The Sun is trash, here is an article from The Globe and Mail, the national newspaper. I won't provide the local news articles as they are all completely biased against Queen's. This is a bit as well but it doesn't have the full hate on for Queen's like the local paper does.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...y-for-fall-booze-up-at-queens/article1299249/

6. jcc0621

jcc0621 DIS Veteran

7. cmp1111

cmp1111 DIS Veteran

Of course we do! Hi, Michelle! Jordan sounds so happy down there! :goodvibes

I'm sorry, hon.

I bought their dish soap last time. It's doing fine. ;) I really love the Method brand, but it's not as easy to find outside of Target, and sometimes I just need to pick stuff up at the grocery store, you know?

[quote[I cut the meetings down to twice a month, rather than weekly. It's just too much work for me every Tuesday and I get little to no parent help, besides Maddie's taking a Hip Hop Dance class on Tuesday now, too. Have mercy! :rolleyes:
    [/quote]

My friends whose DD's do Brownies all meet just every other week. :)

I heard such good things, but we caught up on Glee episodes, instead. Dr. Belle put it as "Imagine if the network that does The Simpsons got a hold of HSM." And that about covers it. I don't think I LOVE it the way she does, but I'm finding it pretty darn funny. ;)

I did get rid of the wallpaper in this one years ago - I painted, but we're talking new bathtub, tile surround, vanity, drywall... ;)

That was me, yesterday. I just was HUNGRY.

Pshew! ;) We did pizza casserole tonight - it's another kid pleaser. I think I sent it to you?

It ran through our house over the last couple of weeks, too. Feel better soon! :hug:

Hoo, boy. Good luck! :scared1:

8. jcc0621

jcc0621 DIS Veteran

Another endorsement..thanks!

My friends whose DD's do Brownies all meet just every other week. :)

I tried to get into Glee. Couldn't:confused3

::yes:: Trying that one next week:cool1:

9. sorul82?

sorul82? <font color=red>I have an alibi<br><font color=lim

Looks like Cougar Town premiere will be on again tomorrow night.

10. cmp1111

cmp1111 DIS Veteran

Cool!

11. CelticBelle

CelticBelle <marquee behavior=alternate><font color=brown>I th

I didnt notice that it was from wikipedia. I was surprised how much in depth info you knew on the subject. lol:lmao:

I use greenworks too. I got a large bottle at costco. I always hated using chemicals because marc is allergic to bleach, and i just think its kind of nasty to leave it.

My shows for the season: Glee, house, 90210 (my guilty pleasure), lost, trying out fringe.

tonight im going back to davis to meet with some friends from work. Theyve decided that thursday is binge night. Since everyone is usually on healthy diets, or poor, thursday will be the day eveyone just eats whatever they want and apparently a lot of it. I have a free sandwich from the grocery store coming to me, so thats probably what ill be having.:banana:

12. jcc0621

jcc0621 DIS Veteran

Cool! I can watch while the boys are at Cub SCouts:thumbsup2

I know my TV trivia, but I'm not that good!:lmao:

Have fun and be careful!:goodvibes

---------------------------

Watched a little bit of the flyers game. NOw watching the Phillies win:cool1: Going to bed soon. See you all tomorrow!:goodvibes

13. mrsksomeday

mrsksomeday My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

Hi everyone, I am so behind. It sounds like CE needs a blog with all her recipes, I would love to try all 3 that were mentioned :rotfl:. I haven't been up to much, getting back on the eating healthy wagon and staying away from sugar, bad sugar, bad. It is going surprisingly well actually. I will never been a size two but I want to be healthy so I can be around to take care of Bill for a long time. He needs me and I want to be here for him.

I read on twitter that Kristel's friend Rockie's mom passed away :sad1:. My heart is aching for all of them. I have lost my mom too and it is gut wrenching.

14. jcc0621

jcc0621 DIS Veteran

15. cmp1111

cmp1111 DIS Veteran

Let me know if you want them. Most of my stuff comes from my mom - good old Illinois comfort food. ;) But, honestly, the kids like them and they're generally very easy, so it works out.

Of course, they're not always low-fat. :rolleyes1 :lmao:

No judging from me! ;)

Me, too! :faint:

D's home today, but my friend texted me to see if I wanted to do a walk and then meet another of our twin mom friends for coffee. I think that sounds pretty good, and also won't take all day. At some point, I'll need to hit the grocery store, too.

We have tentative plans tonight to go see our holiday friends for dinner. The DH has to leave early tomorrow morning, though, so I'm not sure that we won't get either canceled or changed to just an after-school playdate without dinner involved. ;)

Nothing much going on tomorrow. At some point, I need to run over to the park and register the boys for winter basketball, but the forms are done, it's just dropping them off. It's not supposed to be warm - we are under a frost warning for tonight - so probably no boating. D & I are having a date night tomorrow, I guess - he wanted me to call the neighbor to babysit, so I did, but we have no idea what we're doing. :rotfl:

I have no desire to get up and going, but I probably should. The short haircut leaves me with having to pretty much shower before I go anywhere, even just for a walk with a friend, due to the sticky-upness of a morning. :rotfl2:

Have a good one - I may be back in the afternoon, but it depends on how the rest of the day shapes up!
    :grouphug:

16. jcc0621

jcc0621 DIS Veteran

Nice!

I
    I love how we make up our own words :rotfl2:

Have a good one:goodvibes

17. jcc0621

jcc0621 DIS Veteran

BTW = ANyone ever been to Niagra Falls? Anything to do there with kids other than look at the falls? Trying to come up with a couple of long weekend type trips for next summer since we ain't going to WDW:sad2:

18. OhMari

OhMari WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator Moderator

I'm trying to break away from the TR board.
    I don't think I've posted on here since thread 2.
    Can I come back.

Anyways, google Niagra Falls, and they have package deals, just like any other tourist town. You can take a speed boat tour. It will take you almost right up to the Falls and you will get wet. The package also includes a walk-out area-it was in the Movie--with Marilyn Monroe. I was surprised with all the things to do. I think they built a Kalahari hotel in the area. The owner is from Wisconsin Dells, and he is starting to build his indoor water parks/hotels around the U.S. They have a "flow rider"-simulated surfing area.

19. jcc0621

jcc0621 DIS Veteran

Absolutely Mari! How are you:goodvibes

Thanks! I will check it out!

20. jcc0621

jcc0621 DIS Veteran

In case anyone is planning on being at MK during this time period!

The Crystal Palace will be going down for a refurbishment in early 2010. The confirmed dates for the refurbishement now are January 3 2010 to February 13 2010.

21. TEminnie

TEminnie TFW/Facebook Addict

We took the kids when they were little--they enjoyed seeing the falls and seems like we took a train ride--lots of grapes I remember in the area. :confused3

Hi Marissa! Long time! Welcome back to chat!

+++++++++++++++

Well, thought BA was headed back to school but she started running a 102 fever and aching all over last nite....it's down now but she's still in bed. This has been a bad week. I'm working in the evenings when Daran comes home---luckily my job will let me do that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.