Team Focker Watch, Part 12. Have we jumped the shark yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it's a bit different... they earn "Try-It's". But they have a sports "Try-It" we'll be doing this year.

Gotcha. They are called Go-Sees and electives for Cub Scouts!

Well, I'm a bit concerned. I've been having this dull pain in my abdomen on my right side just below my rib cage. Naturally I googled and it says it could be my gallbladder. Anyone have any experience with that? :confused3 I loathe going to the Dr. Besides Fockers give the best advice. :teeth:

No gall bladder issues here..my advice..go to the doctor:rolleyes1

Hey stranger :wave2:

Evening All!!! Go home a little earlier tonight!!! Busy but productive day ! Was at yet aother tring today!!I was my usual" bad " self and cracked my boss up along with a couple of others !! She says that's why she keeps me around !!!!
The girls went for their physicals today they asked for an excuse from swim !!! The doctor said Okay if you get a flu shot !!!!:lmao:Samantha immediately agreed !!! Steph had a hissy fit and cracked the doctor up but finally with much crying agreed and was still carrying on when the nurse said "It's done " Steph didn't even feel it and that cracked them all up even more !:lmao:She is such a "wuss"!!!!!:rotfl2:

Well, it's a bit different... they earn "Try-It's". But they have a sports "Try-It" we'll be doing this year.

Well, I'm a bit concerned. I've been having this dull pain in my abdomen on my right side just below my rib cage. Naturally I googled and it says it could be my gallbladder. Anyone have any experience with that? :confused3 I loathe going to the Dr. Besides Fockers give the best advice. :teeth:

well, I'm not a doctor, but I play one on the internet.....but I've personally really only had quick sharp pains there which were probably more intestinal.......

is it long standing pain that seems more after you eat (even more after fried/fatty food??

??hard to catch your breath at times

??on a scale of 1-10, what would it be?

my friend had her GB removed today actually and she's had this for the past month....

WiiFit wants to know why I have gained weight. Does in-laws/family reunion fall under the category of indigestion????? :rotfl2:

:thumbsup2

+++++++++++++++++++

well, to update folks on my ear---the ENT surgeon seemed really great and Vanderbilt certainly seems like a good place...so I went ahead and scheduled the next available surgery which is not till Feb 26! I guess it's a good thing it's not life threatening! But that's ok--it wouldn't kill me if I never got it done...I just wouldn't be able to hear outta that ear. But if it works, I'll get 95% hearing back without having to wear a hearing aide. So probably worth it. Got a while anyway!

Evening All!!! Go home a little earlier tonight!!! Busy but productive day ! Was at yet aother tring today!!I was my usual" bad " self and cracked my boss up along with a couple of others !! She says that's why she keeps me around !!!!
The girls went for their physicals today they asked for an excuse from swim !!! The doctor said Okay if you get a flu shot !!!!:lmao:Samantha immediately agreed !!! Steph had a hissy fit and cracked the doctor up but finally with much crying agreed and was still carrying on when the nurse said "It's done " Steph didn't even feel it and that cracked them all up even more !:lmao:She is such a "wuss"!!!!!:rotfl2:

Nothing like bribibg the kids!:lmao:

well, I'm not a doctor, but I play one on the internet.....[/QUOTE}

:rotfl2:

well, to update folks on my ear---the ENT surgeon seemed really great and Vanderbilt certainly seems like a good place...so I went ahead and scheduled the next available surgery which is not till Feb 26! I guess it's a good thing it's not life threatening! But that's ok--it wouldn't kill me if I never got it done...I just wouldn't be able to hear outta that ear. But if it works, I'll get 95% hearing back without having to wear a hearing aide. So probably worth it. Got a while anyway!

A five hour drive to get there? Will you have to stay in the hospital at least overnight?

--------------------------

Good Morning Fockers:goodvibes Such an improvement in my eyes since I got "the shot". Now I am actualy a bit annoyed that he didn't do this sooner to make it clear up faster:headache: Oh well! Guess I will just take advantage of being home:thumbsup2

Kind of a busy day here. I want to straighten and clean my 1st floor (living room/ dining room/kitchen/powder room), then I have an ear doctor appointment at 2:15 (my neighbor offered to take me, but I may take a shot at driving).

Then Jim will pick me up on his way home to go get Jimmy. From 4pm to 7pm is Shawmont Night at Rita's Water Ice. Everything sold between 4 and 7 - the school gets 25% of the gross profits. The kids love it becasue the teachers/administrators are the "celebrity scoopers":thumbsup2

After that my little cousin is coming over so Jim can help her go over some Math stuff for her Praxis test (Test to get her teacher certificate) that she is taking tomorrow.

Um, yeah....everything ain't getting done today:rotfl2:

Happy Thursday:goodvibes

And I almost forgot (Sorry Angela;))

THE PHILLIES ARE THE 2009 NATIONAL LEAGUE EAST CHAMPIONS:banana::banana::banana::banana:

That's a great percentage, though. :thumbsup2 :hug:

Good Morning Fockers:goodvibes Such an improvement in my eyes since I got "the shot". Now I am actualy a bit annoyed that he didn't do this sooner to make it clear up faster:headache: Oh well! Guess I will just take advantage of being home:thumbsup2

Kind of a busy day here. I want to straighten and clean my 1st floor (living room/ dining room/kitchen/powder room), then I have an ear doctor appointment at 2:15 (my neighbor offered to take me, but I may take a shot at driving).

Then Jim will pick me up on his way home to go get Jimmy. From 4pm to 7pm is Shawmont Night at Rita's Water Ice. Everything sold between 4 and 7 - the school gets 25% of the gross profits. The kids love it becasue the teachers/administrators are the "celebrity scoopers":thumbsup2

After that my little cousin is coming over so Jim can help her go over some Math stuff for her Praxis test (Test to get her teacher certificate) that she is taking tomorrow.

Have a nice day, Janet.
I'm sorry about the chat thing. I couldn't get it to work, then my mom called, A was a little needy... before I knew it it had been a couple of hours and I realized we never figured it out. :confused3 :sad2:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A's home again today. He seems to be doing great as long as he's on meds, but in between doses, his fever goes up. :guilty: His only symptoms are a headache and low grade fever. One of my neighbors said her daughter had the exact same thing for 4-5 days and was positive for the flu. :sick: There are so many strains going around here, that if you have to get one, this would be the best. I hope it doesn't morph into something worse. :guilty:

So, I'm home with my little buddy today. It's my third week in a row to miss bible study. I'm kind of bummed. Last week we were out of town, and the week before I had to deal with B's ankle/ crutches and missed. :headache:

Have a nice day, Janet.
I'm sorry about the chat thing. I couldn't get it to work, then my mom called, A was a little needy... before I knew it it had been a couple of hours and I realized we never figured it out. :confused3 :sad2:

Sick baby trumps chatting:hug: Mom..not so much:rolleyes1

A's home again today. He seems to be doing great as long as he's on meds, but in between doses, his fever goes up. :guilty: His only symptoms are a headache and low grade fever. One of my neighbors said her daughter had the exact same thing for 4-5 days and was positive for the flu. :sick: There are so many strains going around here, that if you have to get one, this would be the best. I hope it doesn't morph into something worse. :guilty:

:hug:

No advice, but many hugs! :hug::hug::hug: Feel better T.

Hey there stranger! :wave:

Sounds good TE - fingers crossed for you! :hug:

Good Morning Fockers:goodvibes Such an improvement in my eyes since I got "the shot".
Yay! :thumbsup2

A's home again today. He seems to be doing great as long as he's on meds, but in between doses, his fever goes up. :guilty:
Poor guy; that can't be fun. :sad2:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nothing new here, which is GOOD! :rotfl: Leo's having a good week at school (knock on wood), and I'm having a better-than-average week at work. My only complaint is ow-y thighs from my riding lesson Tues. But it was a good ride, so I'll suffer happily, lol!

Happy Thursday :cheer2:

Nothing like bribibg the kids!:lmao:

:rotfl2:

A five hour drive to get there? Will you have to stay in the hospital at least overnight?

--------------------------

No, it's out patient surgery, but the bad thing is that you are really dizzy for up to 3 days after and can't move much without thowing up....so we'll definitely be in a hotel room for 2 nites and see how that goes. The roads are really curvy and mountainous on the way home.

THE PHILLIES ARE THE 2009 NATIONAL LEAGUE EAST CHAMPIONS:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Congratulations! I don't know much about hockey, but good to know they are #1 in it! ;): :lmao:

+++++++++++++++++++
off today --hoping to rest some, clean some, maybe shop some!

Nothing new here, which is GOOD! :rotfl: Leo's having a good week at school (knock on wood), and I'm having a better-than-average week at work. My only complaint is ow-y thighs from my riding lesson Tues. But it was a good ride, so I'll suffer happily, lol!

Uneventful is ALWAYS good! Glad you enjoyed your riding lesson!

No, it's out patient surgery, but the bad thing is that you are really dizzy for up to 3 days after and can't move much without thowing up....so we'll definitely be in a hotel room for 2 nites and see how that goes. The roads are really curvy and mountainous on the way home.

I take it Daren eil go with you?

Congratulations! I don't know much about hockey, but good to know they are #1 in it! ;): :lmao:

:sad2::scared1:

off today --hoping to rest some, clean some, maybe shop some!

Ohhhh, I haven't shopped since we August :faint: Going through withdrawl!

----------------------------------------------------

I am taking the CE approach to cleaning today. CLean the kitchen...take a break and check in here. Now it is time to start the dining room. BBL!

They numbed the eye really well. THe problem is that I can't stand ANYTHING near my eyes (I don't even wear contacts for that reason). That was the worst part!

Well, that’s good! Actually I guess that makes sense, when I had my lasik, they cut your eye and that didn’t hurt at all (it was weird, but didn’t hurt). I’m so glad that it seems to have helped (as I read later!)

Oh Scotland. My inlaws are from SCotland (My MIL's father came here from SCotland) Jim wants to go so badly!

Really, do you know from where exactly? You really should go if you ever get the chance, it’s amazing! I absolutely love it there!

Do you ever visit over here?

We absolutely do! We used to go a lot more when my FIL was still alive though (he passed away 2 years ago). We had just been to visit at Christmas and then he died suddenly in March, so had to go right back. We miss him so much. Not that we won’t go back, but since the economy’s been so bad, we haven’t (and frankly, when Dad was there, he carted us all over creation and provided the place to stay, so it cost next to nothing!). My husband’s whole family is still in Great Britain though, split between Scotland and England. DH’s parents moved from Aberdeen when they married and he was born right outside of London and then they moved to the States when we was 11. My step-son and DIL were married in Scotland at the Kildrummy Castle Hotel about 5 years ago now…here are a couple of photos you might enjoy – you can see the castle ruins in the background….my immediate family (I love my boys in their kilts ;)), then the bride & groom…

So, not to be outdone by our kids, DH and I renewed our vows for our 20th anniversary in a stone circle in Scotland (it was that or WDW!) :love:

I can’t wait to go back! :lovestruc

Something must be going around these DISboards – everybody’s coming down with something! Hope it’s not a big deal!

:woohoo::woohoo:

Wow--pics of men in kilts! <<fanning self>> Brings back visions of Mel Gibson! :lmao:

Really pretty pictures! And love the gown!:thumbsup2 My 20th is next year---and I'm just guessing my wedding dress is staying in the box----not looking too likely I'll be 105 # by then. :sad2:

+++++
Dang Farmville is saying I'm out of SYNC.......how did it know that??:confused3

and you've inspired me to clean the bathrooms now Janet....I've sprayed stuff....and it's soaking in now......getting ready to clean any moment now!

This is Jimmy's first year. He is in 1st grade! He loves it so far! Jim showed up first so, he is the Den leader:lmao: Maybe you can give us some den activities. We have been working on their Bobcat Badges, but at 6 that only keeps their attention so long. They know the salute, the sign, the motto. Working on the other things!

It is my son's first year too. The boys did the Bobcat requirements in one day though with a Webelos den while the new parents got orientated.

I am the den leader too. Nobody else was willing to do it. :rolleyes:
It is so difficult to get parents around here to volunteer.

It is my son's first year too. The boys did the Bobcat requirements in one day though with a Webelos den while the new parents got orientated.

I am the den leader too. Nobody else was willing to do it. :rolleyes:
It is so difficult to get parents around here to volunteer.

Here too. For our pack, the tiger parents have to stay (becasue we want them to get involved) but all they do is sit and chit chat while Jim does all the activities with the kids. :sad2:

Denise - I'm not sure what part of Scotland. Will have to ask my MIL.

is it long standing pain that seems more after you eat (even more after fried/fatty food??

??hard to catch your breath at times

??on a scale of 1-10, what would it be?

my friend had her GB removed today actually and she's had this for the past month....
It's a weird hot, pulsing pain. But not a severe pain, but just bothersome. No problems eating fried/fatty foods :-)teeth:) or breathing issues. I would say the pain is probably a 3. Weirdness. :confused3

Feb? As in 2010?? Yikes! :hug: My brother had a cochlear (sp?) implant done a few years ago. He was almost completely deaf in both ears and has RP, so eventually he'll be completely blind as well. The impland has completely changed his life. I can totally symphathize with you, TE.
That's good to hear, Janet. :goodvibes

So, I'm home with my little buddy today. It's my third week in a row to miss bible study. I'm kind of bummed. Last week we were out of town, and the week before I had to deal with B's ankle/ crutches and missed. :headache:
Dawn, you need to get him to the Dr. I don't want to sound like an alarmist, but he probably has a flu strain, and you need to have him tested. :hug:
No advice, but many hugs! :hug::hug::hug: Feel better T.
THanks, V. It's more annoying than anything, KWIM? Glad to hear Leo's having a good week, 'cause that means V's having a good week. ;)

Nothing new to report here. I've been so tired lately. Last night I put the kids to bed at 8pm, and I was out by 9:30. It's been a long week. :faint:

I've got a PTA meeting at 9:30 this morning and then I'm helping out in Maddie's class from 10-11am.

The weather has been so nice! I love this time of year! It's still warm, not hot, but at night you can feel fall is just around the corner. :lovestruc

I'm off and running!

Have a great day! :flower3:

Sick baby trumps chatting:hug: Mom..not so much:rolleyes1
:lmao: Thanks for calling me. It was nice to chat this am. :goodvibes

Poor guy; that can't be fun. :sad2:
I'm just hoping it doesn't transform into more. He's perfectly happy being waited on and watching movies all day. :rolleyes: He's playing legos, wearing a full Batman costume and watching Spiderman right now! :lmao:

V said:

I'm glad things are settling down. :cutie:

Dawn, you need to get him to the Dr. I don't want to sound like an alarmist, but he probably has a flu strain, and you need to have him tested. :hug:
I know... :guilty:
People here are telling me to take him in, but when I spoke with the nurse yesterday I asked if I should bring him in and she said, if I did they'd test him to see if it was the flu, and send me home. She said they are only giving Tamiflu to "really" sick kids who are lethargic and bad off. He's happy, playing, eating and totally fine other than the low temp and headache. :confused3

Several people around here have the swine flu and they are reporting that it's just like any other flu. Tummy problems, high fever, headaches, & weak bodies for 4-5 days. I'm just glad that's not he's dealing with. :sick:

Just driving by to say hi!

Hope all is well in Fockerland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter